A Gentleman's Fee

"I have the ingredients for pizza! Come on."

Taking his hand, Adette lead him into her tiny kitchen, built perfectly for two at the max, and quickly ran around to get the necessary items for home made pizza. It was a simple thing, really; take a loaf of french bread and cut it in half, then cut the half in half so the soft of the bread was showing. Then spread spaghetti sauce all over the surface, cover in cheese, then add your favorite toppings. She took out a large baking pan and set it on the counter, cutting the french bread and placing it on the pan. She set out a multitude of toppings for them to use and smiled at James as they began making their pizzas.

"So, how is business going?" she asked him, using a large spoon to spread the sauce around her bread, "I hope better for you."

"Good actually. The meeting went better than expected." James said as he dipped his finger in the sauce and licked it, laughing. "I am just glad I don't have to worry about it for awhile. I had a question, though." He set down the kitchen tools and turned to her. "Can I help you perhaps pay for some of the medication. I can understand if you don't want me to, but I would love to help you out, perhaps let you save some of the money you earn." He smiled warmly and stared into her eyes.

James wanted to help her anyway he could. He knew her mom needed all the help she could get. James had the money to help, he wanted to use it for charity now. He would feel better if he did.

Her sauce-covered spoon suddenly hit the counter, Adette turning to James with wide and shocked eyes. He wanted to help pay for her mother's medication? That would...That would be amazing! It would be such a load off her shoulders if he did! And she wouldn't struggle so much with her own bills and monthly rent...but could she really ask him to do that.

"James...are you sure?" she asked him, her hands shaking as she moved to stand in his arms, feeling his hands on her back as he held her, "I don't know what to say. I would appreciate that so much! But the medication so expensive."

She stared into his eyes and all the joy and relief and love she felt compelled her to throw her arms around him and kiss him deeply.

"I would love to. Just name a price. I can give you a check, or in cash but that would have to wait until Monday." He smiled and hugged her. "I know what it is like, I know it may not seem like it. I am glad to help you any way I can."

He kissed her and held her in his arms. Gently he whispered, "Anything for you love."

James felt his money was finally being put to good use. He felt his life had meaning now. To help the ones he loved.

Adette had never felt such happiness before in her life and after kissing him until she thought they would both pass out from lack of oxygen, they went back to their pizza. They sat and they talked around the table, Adette telling James a little more about her life and James confiding a little more in her. She thought about introducing him to her mother, but she put that on the back burner until she was absolutely sure they were both ready for it. Sleep soon came to visit them and they fell asleep in Adette's bed; they didn't have sex, it wasn't something they felt they needed to do. They just went to sleep, each one holding the other in their loving embrace.

The next morning, Adette was the first one to wake up via her phone vibrating. She picked it up quickly so it didn't wake James up as well and looked to see that she had a text message from one of her coworkers.

"Morning, Adette! Just wanted to make sure that you were alright. Did your client come to see you? That gorgeous man that had reserved you for the entire week? He really is a sexy guy, Addy, you should seduce him to fall in love with you, haha! Anyway, text me back when you can. We miss you here.-Marla"

Adette smiled at the text message and replied to the woman, telling her that everything was okay and she would give her details later. Afterwards, she set her phone down and turned around to face her lover, his sleeping face appearing so gentle and vulnerable. She withheld a giggle and lightly touched his jaw, excited to spend the whole day with him as he had promised.