A Game of Survival (Obsidian x Dyn01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naoto looked back to Luna, also trying to survey all of the people that were beginning to leave the Town Square. "To be honest, not really. I think that staying on the first floor for now will make it easier on us though," he assured her. "After all, the monsters should be easy down here and we can get supplies and such too. Quests too, if they're still available. There should be some user-generated ones too, so let's grab those while we can." Naoto has gone into complete survival mode at this point. His main focus was making sure that the two of them stayed alive first before thinking about taking on the 100-floor dungeon.

Luna give Naoto a small smile comforted by his control and strategy "Okay sounds good to me, lets hurry out of this town though and move to the next Im sure most of the quests here are gonna be taken or gone in the next few minutes" she starts to hurry out of the town almost running but making sure to keep Naoto with her

Naoto nodded, agreeing with what Luna was saying. "Let's try to be careful, though. There will most likely be monsters on our way there," he informed her as he continued running after her. The sword that was over his back looked overbearing, but he found it easy for him to run with it. "We do at least have some potions, so I think it would be worthwhile for us to train at least a little bit too."

"Okay, I agree I think my character is made for mostly speed and attack less for tanking or brute force" As Luna gets outside of town she stops for a second on the dirt road the green grassy land stretched out before them parts on rolling hills "How can a place look so pretty and peaceful yet be so dangerous and cruel?" her voice is slightly out of breath from her running her long silvery hair blowing lightly in the breeze

Naoto gave Luna a thumbs up and smiled at her. "That's why I'm here," he assured her, showing his large broadsword. "Mine is more for tanking and taking damage. My skill tree also allows me to draw attackers to myself and gain more attack as my health points and defense goes down." As he stepped out of the town, he took in a deep breath. The sun had begun to drift downwards to the horizon, and with them not knowing the area, Naoto did not want to take any chances. "Let's try to get to the next city in a couple of hours. We probably can't train much today, but we can at least get enough money for us to get an inn for tonight."

Luna smiles at Naoto's confidence "Show off" seeing the sun will be starting to set soon she agrees "Ya I dont want to know what crazy monsters come out at night, lets save those for when we're a bit more experienced" she starts to walk quickly down the dirt road leading to the next town. After a few minutes a small black boar is on the road ahead of us its level is 1 and health only 50hp

Naoto spotted the boar as well, and noticed its HP and level. It was worth getting some quick experience at least. He took a deep breath before beginning to approach it slowly inside of its blind spot. 'Right... about... here. Thank goodness that I can at least use a taunt here!' He picked up a nearby rock and threw it at the boar, making its attention go to him. "Intimidate!" He drew his sword and held it out in front of him as a red wave dispersed off of him and spread through the air to the boar. "Join in whenever you feel like it." He swung his large sword at the boar, almost knocking it off its feet and knocking off a third of its HP with one hit.

Luna giggles softly at Naoto "Nice shot" she pulls her sword off her back holding it out with one hand she charges the boar her sword glowing a dark blue she slashes down at it slicing it in half, it disappears and a loot screen pops up she smiles "Looks like we got 10 silver a piece and 20 xp...not too bad" she puts her sword away turning toward you "Hey can I try lifting that sword? Im curious" she holds out her hand for it

Luckily, they did get a good haul for a simple battle that did not take too long for them. They also seemed to be making good time on their traveling. Naoto was about to put his sword away, but Luna proceeded to ask him to hold his sword. He blinked at her for a moment, tilting his head as he cautiously holds the sword out to her. "Be careful with it," he warned her.

Luna laughs softly at Naoto's warning "Jeeze you act like im gonna break the ginormous thing, I think its more likely to break me" She takes it with both hands but when he lets go it falls to the ground pulling her along with it she scowls trying to lift it, getting it about a foot off the ground before sighing slightly breathless "Jeeze this weighs a ton, Ill take mine thank you" she offers it back to him

Naoto bit his lip as he tried once again to hold back his laughter as Luna tried to pick up his sword. Clearing his throat, and with a small grin on his face, he patted Luna on the back. "I would assume that you would," he chuckled as he took his sword back and placed it over his back. "Anyways, let's get going. We're ahead of the crowd at least, and I think we need more gold for us to to get two rooms at the inn."

Luna glares up at Naoto seeing him try not to laugh she folds her arms with a huff "Ya well im still faster" her voice is somewhat childishly but she smiles "Okay lets go, If we dont get enough for 2 rooms I could always sleep on the floor or couch whatever they have" she continues to walk down the road cautious of her surroundings

Naoto gave Luna a knowing smile as he nodded. She was certainly always the quicker one, if he could remember properly. "Like I would let you sleep on the floor," he retorted, letting out a small sigh. "It's only a little bit more, so we'll be fine. Once we get some more time for us to rest and recover, we can spend time thinking about what we should do next." Naoto noticed another boar appearing in front of him, this one level two with 60 HP. "Oh... Again, then."

He proceeded to walk up to the boar and cast intimidate on it again. This time, the boar acted first, hitting Naoto and knocking his HP down a tenth before swinging at it, knocking out a half of its HP. "Awesome, a critical! Luna, you can finish it!"

Luna smiles "Well ive never lived with you how should I know?" she giggles softly. She draws her sword slashing upwards finishing the boar off "Careful big guy" she winks at him

Naoto let out a small chuckle as he looked to the small victory screen. Beating the boar added in an extra 15 silver and 25 exp, as well as an item known as 'Raw Boar Meat'. He looked into his items, and noticed that it went under the 'Ingredients' tab. "Ah, so we can also make our own food at some point. That's good." He sheathed his sword before looking over to Luna. "We should almost be there. You doing okay?"

Luna looks at it and smiles "Cool means I can cook for you sometime" she giggles softly "Ya im fine, do we have enough for the inn though?" before Naoto can respond a pack of wolves charges at them from the side of the road, 4 total all level 2. Luna quickly sprints toward them nearly a blur with her speed boost, she slashes through one of them disintegrating it but before she can react another of the wolves pounces on her biting her arm knocking her down. Her hp drops 20%

Naoto had taken a look at their gold. To be honest, he was not entirely sure if they had enough to get two rooms or not between the two of them. He knew they had enough for one but- He glanced over to Luna as she proceeded to attack a pack of wolves. They seemed to be weak enough for her to kill, but they also seemed to be strong enough to do some serious damage to her. "Stay back," he spoke up, with a little bit more authority than what he would normally speak up with. "I told you that I was supposed to be the one to take all the hits, didn't I?" Naoto cast Intimidate once again, and with it being an area skill, it attracted attention of all of the Wolves. He swung at the one that had just attacked Luna, making it disintegrate, before he turned to the others.

"Quite a few still though..." he muttered as he glared at them. "I guess I have no choice." Naoto held his sword out in front of him as a gold aura began to surround him. "Knight Armor!" At that moment, one of the wolves came to attack him, biting on his leg. But, he stood tall and his HP took a small hit- not even ten percent of it. "Go and heal yourself or something."

Frowning Luna stood up lifting her sword in front of her "Who died and made you king Mr. Bossy" her voice is teasing as she takes a deep breath suddenly black smoke swirls around her blade "Azurite Blade!" the smoke disperses and instead of a silver blade theres a azurite blue blade with dark blue runes running down the middle it looks almost like its pulsing. She grins and slashes it through the air toward the wolf biting your leg, a thin but long wave of blue energy shoots toward the wolf slicing it in half missing you only by a few inches.

Naoto decided to not speak at all. If he was not busy fighting, he would have possibly just huffed and turned away from her. With what he had just learned about this world, he was actually concerned for her. Yet, he didn't want to say that because it was too embarrassing for him to say that. "Forget it," he dismissed her tease before cutting through yet another wolf. He felt a little bit annoyed, however, and felt as if he wanted to punch something. So, he punched the nearby wolf that leaped at him right on the nose. It crumbled to the ground and began to whimper, something that Naoto was not expecting. "Wow, that really is realistic," he commented before cutting through the last wolf. "Done."

He could see the status screen letting him know that the fight had done enough to make him jump from level two to level four. "Wow, no wonder they were a hassle." He sheathed his sword before stretching. "Let's go. My SP's running low, so I can't do any of my abilities."

Luna frowned slightly wondering why Naoto was suddenly acting annoyed and offish. Placing her sword on her back she walks over to him noticing that she jumped to level 4 as well and got 2g from that fight she smiles slightly. Looking up at Naoto she nods "Okay mines gonna run low soon too. Is something wrong?" She tilts her head staring at him curiously

Status
Not open for further replies.