A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If there's a murder in the next month, I'll be really angry. A month, free of murders, and I'll in turn be nice to you from that point on, be your biggest supporter," she murmured, even if she knew herself that was unlikely if the murders just started back up. She was hoping he'd stop altogether once seeing -well, knowing- of the positive reaction it was going to have on Xander in terms of not stressing him out. "But whatever, can we stop talking about it now? You have an awfully screechy voice."​

"That's offensive," He huffed, following her caitiously down the aisle. "... Let's talk about dinner, okay? What should I get for Xander? I want to,cheer him up, hm? Be like, "here, Sofia and I tried to make you a meal togethet! See, we're friends and totally want to slit one another's throats!" What's his all time favorite meal?"

"You should know if you're his boyfriend," she murmured flatly, trailing around the aisles in search of what she wanted for dinner - in return for her silence, she expected the other to buy what she wanted him to. "...He likes roast potatoes with steak. And gravy. He always had it with his family. It's like their meal, and I know he misses 'em."​

"That seems easy enough to make," He sighed, trailing along side Sofia. "Oi, how am I suppose to know? He has literally never mentioned it to me. If I knww, I wouldn't have asked..."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Don't you guys talk for hours and hours and hours?" She huffed, placing in her chosen lobster from the fish section contently. "I mean, it's so annoying, you both just babble on and on about nothingness. What colour hair you should have, visiting some stupid ancient ruins place, whether Xander's fingers are too long, I mean jeez, it's all crap. I would have thought his favourite food would come up-- when I had a boyfriend back in the village, he always brought me a fish, every morning for breakfast~"​

"Cute," He admitted, "We just love to talk about what's on our mind, you know? I like it. I like people who speak whata on their mind and he does it. I think it's good for him, too, you know? Healthy to get all that gunk outta your head.".

"But clearly you don't tell him everything," she playfully purred, humming to herself as she went on searching for her friend's favourite steaks, however expensive they were - if need be, she'd pay for them. "Look, I don't mean to keep making digs, but you're a shady sort of person, Kaz, and I don't like you, so..."​

"Don't you have any trust in me?" He muttered, placing his head in his hand wearily as he offered a pout. "Sofia, do you honestly think he'd stay if I told him? You'd have to be an idiot to think he would. It's just... Best to keep that hidden, hm? I don't need to tell him EVERYTHING, especially if it would hurt him. I know you don't believe me, but I do love him..."

"I'm just not going to comment anymore," she shrugged to herself, deciding it was only going to cause the other to get antsy and irritable, and while she may enjoy teasing him, she was hardly in the mood for it when she was tired, hungry and pretty frustrated herself. "Look, just keep clean for a month, an' I'll be 'ya biggest fan, mate."​

"Good," He replied flatly, his eyes closing as he waited for her to shove the rest of the food into the cart. "I think that's fair, then. I could even go as far as to frame someone into being the killer... hn... I'll have to go out for a bit, okay? It'll work out, don't worry."

"You're not framing anyone. Don't you dare get an innocent mixed up in this," she hissed, the moment of trying to be friendly with him ending the moment he dare to even suggest something she was bound to object strongly to. "Likewise, you're just coming home and being a good boy until Xander comes back. I don't want you wandering into traffic, seriously."​

"I wouldn't wander into traffic! Hmph... Have some confidence in me, Sofia! I can get around here pretty well, it just takes me awhile. I've got good hearing, you know. Don't you want Xander to be happy? If they find some dead body, and the killings suddenly stop, they could conclude that the man who died was the killer, killing himself."

"Which would mean you couldn't go killing anyone else again, you know, or the stress will be reinstated. If you frame someone, you go clean permanently," she reminded smugly, snatching his hand to lead him to the fruit and veg, placing a packet of potatoes in with a hum, alongside a few oranges - Xander's favourite fruit. "So you'll be a good civilian from that point on, hm? Can't say I see it happening, babe."​

"... I'll have to find something else to do." He muttered flatly, huffing. "I don't think I'll ever find anything as fun and verbally stimulating, Sofia. You don't understand, I NEED to be stimulated. I can't just not be, that's why I can deal with mechanics and robot building. The sound and touch helps."

"No, i don't understand, and I don't really care for your excuses for your sick behaviour, babes," she yawned quietly, moving to grab his waist and spin him around, shooting smiles at the odd looks the two were getting... mostly because they were recognised, and the three were hardly liked in the town. Not just because of the fact Xander and Kaz were in a relationship together, but because the three as people were disliked: Kaz was eccentric, Xander was too bubbly and chaotic with his clumsiness, and Sofia? She was generally seen as being a bitch.​

"W-Whoa, whoa... Be careful..." He stammered, not really expecting the sudden squeeze as he was twirled around. "What was that for?! Y-You KNOW I have awful balance! Seriously Sofia..." He babbled in obvious panic, his hands avoiding touching her as much as possible to avoid any weird looks. "Jeez... Oi, and don't squeeze too hard. I have soft skin."

"Because we need to go this way," she huffed, his whining and understandable panic not settling well as she simply chose to ignore it, though did loosen her harsh grip - if she did bruise him, she'd just get hell from Xander. Hell, the warlock had yelled at her when she so much as told Kaz to shut up, so if she hurt him, she knew she'd be in his bad books. "You're protected too much by him, y'know."​

"What do you mean by that?" He muttered, blinking in genuine confusion while reaching for the cart after tugging out his wallet and credit card. "I mean, I think we protect one another pretty well, is that bad?"

"It's insane, though. You only have to slip and he loses his mind," she laughed, moving to push past him instantly when noticing the cashier was rather cute. She claimed always and strongly that it wasn't in her interest to date... but she wasn't opposed to a fling or two, really, and even that was rare when she was fussy in who she liked. Trying to create some distance between her and Kaz -the worst nightmare was the man assuming she and him were dating-, her loud purrs were completely unsubtle, though at least was thankful the shapeshifter couldn't see to tease her - she was resting on her elbows against the cart, biting on her lips and swaying her hips absently while murmuring to the man under her breath. "Kaz," she cooed quietly. "Pack the stuff, hm? I'm sorta busy, and we're holding everyone up~"​

"Wha- pack them?" He snorted, "Sofia, I can't see. For all I know I could be putting the frozen food with the bananas, and that would be awful. Help a bit, at least? Honestly, if you want that lobster to make it home at least. We should probably take the bus back, from what I can tell, you bought quite a lot of stuff... Ah, I hope my card is fine." He babbled habitually.

Status
Not open for further replies.