A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Psh, you're such an ass, you know." Sofia drawled under her breath, her smooth tone that often held a purr even in this form indicative to her as she flopped down onto the bed, watching her friend clumsily stumble on his way out - stress was making his natural hectic personality that much worse, though trying to tell Xander that would just make him wary of it, and make it a whole lot worse.

With piercing eyes stuck on Kaz, she fiddled with a strand of her hair absently, humming under her breath even if she did hate his guts, even more than she allowed to show, in fact. "So we're going to the store? Do you trust me to lead you the right way? How about I lead you into traffic? It's the least you deserve, isn't it Kaz~?"​

"Can you stop being so hateful towards me for one second?" He sighed, "What have I done to you to deserve all this? I mean... I think I'm a pretty good boyfriend to Xander, and I do love him... You're the only thing that's making our relationship rocky."

"And you murdering people is totally cool, yeah," she laughed callously, eyeing his outfit up with a evident snort. She loved Xander, but he did have a... well, an awful choice in clothing. Not that she was going to tell Kaz that - she couldn't care less if he walked out wearing a bin bag. "Come on then, Mr Killer, we'll go fetch some ham. Try not to stab anyone on the way, hm? And you'd better buy me something or I'll tell Xander."​

"Do you honestly think I could kill someone?" He whispered, horrified by the accusation as he absently felt the counter where he often kept his wallet. Routine WAS something that was important to him, so whenever he needed something, he could simply touch that spot and get it. Alas, living with the warlock WAS hard to get used to in the beginning. Accidentally pushing jars, or books around wasn't very fun for any of the three. Once snatching his holographic wallet, that of which Xander had bought for him to keep his things in, he slipped in into the pockets of his jeans before taking a steady walk out of the apartment. "You're so bitter, I don't understand why?"

"A cat hears things, dear," she purred, pushing herself up reluctantly to trail after him, both to not let him out of her sight and to just obey what Xander had asked of her, however repulsive she felt towards the shapeshifter. "I'm fucking bitter," she spat, her light steps only minutely heard as she trotted alongside him, though the strong musk of sweet perfume was at least evident of her closeness to him. "-because you assume me an idiot, and you're causing my best friend to cry in his sleep. If you loved him, you'd do the honourable thing, psycho."​

"...And what do you think the honorable thing is, hm?" He murmured, cracking his neck wearily. "Honestly... If I am, hypothetically, doing something wrong... How should I stop? By jumping off a cliff?"

"Preferably," she yawned, suddenly grabbing his hand to tug him out of the path of someone riding a bicycle - she didn't have to, of course. She could have simply let him get knocked over, and frankly, giving her evident hatred of the boy, that would have been expected, but automatic reaction did seemingly dictate that she had to remain obedient to Xander... and if Kaz so much as had a scratch on him, Xander would probably freak out.

The evidence for that was seen earlier - he had fallen flat on his face, and the warlock had flown into a panic, one that Sofia had mocked under her breath. She knew he loved him, more than he probably should, and so she did feel the need to just protect Kaz... even if she'd rather see him under ground.

"I just don't want Xander hurt. He's stressed, and he's in love with a psycho. You need to go to some asylum, honestly. You're continuing to argue against me? I know you're up to something. I don't stay confined to the apartment," she mumbled, keeping a firm grip on his hand to keep him from stumbling into something, given they were going along a shorter and less used route he wasn't going to be acquainted with.​

He did move slowly and, while he shouldn't let himself be vulnerable around the Familiar, he honestly didn't have much energy to do otherwise. He had just woken up, and growing extra limbs and such would be a lot more strenuous than it seemed. Not to mention, he knew that Sofia was defensive of Xander, who loved him. It worked out in his favor.

"I am not a psycho, silly. You don't know much about me, do you? I don't intend to hurt you, nor do I intend to hurt my BOYFRIEND. I do love him."

"You're hurting him all the fucking time," she mumbled under her breath, quiet enough for it to be ignored if need be, tugging him harshly down a side corridor - she knew the shortcuts around the downtown area, ones that meant she could spend the least amount of time with the shapeshifter as possible. "I dunno who you're trying to fool, babe," she drawled, pushing him along - the closed space of the alley meant having to stand behind him and push him along, rather than stand side-to-side with him. "I have no doubt you'd stick a knife in my throat if I annoyed you further, but meh, Xander will learn and find someone else. Some big hunk of a guy who's sweet and doesn't murder people~"​

"You know, the idea doesn't sound terrible right now," He hissed, stumbling forward before falling once again onto his face. "H-Hn... But I can't hurt you. I don't want Xander to be upset if I did. Now how about we both just shut up, hm? I get it, you don't like me, and I'm not liking you right now."

"So you admit that you're the murderer, then? Oh, brill," she drawled as she moved to pull him up... but not without nudging his side hard with her elbow, surprisingly subtle in doing so to the point that she could play if off as an accident. But she would openly admit to it being purposeful without missing a beat.

"His sisters are visiting soon, you know. Did he tell you that?" She cooed, knowing full well they hadn't had a single conversation about it - Xander confided in her mostly, even when he did love Kaz more than he could put into words. Sofia and him were best friends, and so it was natural they chatted about things, and rubbing Kaz's nose in it seemed fun at the moment. "Yeah, two of them are coming over. I've heard they're beautiful~ Maybe I'll let slip that their dear brother is dating a psycho, and they'll take us back to the village. I know Xander misses everyone."​

"Actually, yes he did." He replied simply, grimacing as he rubbed his side. "Honestly, do you really think I'm going to hurt him? Or his family? I'm not heartless, Sofia. I just have a need that will only be cured by the sound and smell of broken bones and organs. If I could find help, I would~! But I can't. Now shush, I'll buy you whatever snack you want."

"In that case, I want lobster," she cooed, suddenly slipping her arm with his and walking side by side with him, saying her hips in a sashayed walk - she was a feline, so the swaying of her hips did tend to be natural, though in her mind, at least it gained her a few wolf whistles.

Not that she ever really would go near them - intimacy like that wasn't something she had any interest in.

"You have an odd fantasy then. Murdering is wrong, didn't Momma ever tell 'ya that? Probably not," she yawned, suddenly pressed up incredibly close until his back was to the wall. "Listen, honey. I mean it. If his sisters are hurt, or anyone close to Xander, I will you. I don't think you'll harm Xander, but anyone close to him, and I'll fuck you up."​

"I'm blind and even I think what you're doing is unsubtle. We're in public, Sofia. What would Xander think if I told him his best friend pushed me against a wall?" He countered, if only teasingly, before waiting rather passively to be let go. "I get it, don't harm Xander's family. It's easy enough. But don't expect me to stop what I'm doing any time soon, hm? Unless I can find something equally as satisfying, I'm sticking to my little hobby."​

"Your highly illegal hobby that's causing the man you love to be reduced to a skeletal mess. How loving," she muttered, pushing herself away the second she noticed the glanced the two received, moving to pull him along through the alley once more. "...As long as we're on the same page, I'm happy to keep quiet. One toe out of line, I'll drop you in it without hesitation, darlin'."​

"Have you not noticed me trying to get him to quit?" He snapped, though sighed to hide his growing agitation and remain the "cool" person he often tried to give off. "I don't want him a part of it. Not only is it unhealthy for him, but it's not good for me either. Maybe you should help me, hm? Get him to at least take a long vacation. I need time with him to convince him."

"Oh, don't lie to me. You love him being in the police. Gives you protection, doesn't it? Are you getting mad at me? Aw, you gonna snap?" She purred into his ear, nipping it rather hard with sharpened canines just to at least give him a little warning, and smartly moved away to avoid him hitting out if he did so automatically. "I'm not helping you with anything, sicko. I'll help him leave you easily enough, but he loves his job, so he'll keep that."​

Whining from the bite, he rubbed the sore flesh. "You don't understand anything, Sofia. Honestly, you need to leave me alone. I'm not killing anyone important, just a few drunkards and passerbies. You're clearly no one to take the moral high ground, you're an asshole. You're lucky I'm willing to buy you some lobster, even if I don't have much money..."

"But I bet you enjoy it, which is what's sick. It's not out of moral conviction, or for justice. It's to satisfy needs, and it's selfish and unthoughtful and it's causing Xander stress. You don't see him, do you? He doesn't eat, and he's sick a lot, and he looks awful-- he acts for you. Puts on a happy facade, when this is killing him, not solving this," she shrugged, finally entering the large supermarket and sighing contently at the cool it provided from the intense morning heat from outside. "I just want you to stop," she muttered, placing his hands on the handle of the cart for him, surprisingly gently in fact. "And to leave Xander be if you can't."​

"..." Growing silent, the shapeshifter simply said nothing in response. He didn't know the other was getting so sick, his stomach twisting in internal dosgust. "How about this... I'll stop for anwhile, hm?"

Status
Not open for further replies.