A future nobody wanted

D

Dunruffle

Original poster
Ok let me be honest. In all my years of RP, I have only had about 3 group roleplays that lasted more than a month. In my eyes, making a group rp with strangers is not likely to last. But I had an idea and figured I would throw it and see if it sticks.

If you are interested, great! But if you really want a group rp to last it requires communication and patience. So if you think you can handle that then welcome aboard.

As for the story itself, it will be a sort of "what if" scenario.

My idea is that earth went through a second renaissance. Breakthroughs in science, technology, health, all that good stuff. But as you expect everything eventually goes to shit. Earth goes through a series of events that drastically change the environment (melting ice caps and such). The wealthy people move to the moon and pretty much leave the poor to deal with the problems. Of course there are still the same countries, governments, and civilization with near future tech. But warfare and violence has become an everyday struggle as people try to cope with new environmental dangers and the slow breakdown of modern society.

Your characters will be the new members of a science team sent from the moon to try and prevent future catastrophes. Specifically, your characters will be the bodyguards/combat team. Every other roleplay has a cast of dark and edgy characters. But I want to try to make a story about sheltered people coming to terms with how far people will go to survive.

Sorry for rambling, if this interests you then post your interest. This will be for a small group btw. I can post writing/skill/time requirements later if you all want.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: RAIN.cloud