A Furret Walked across my screen

Reanimator Buns

Just some gal who's a necromancer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
This is not a troll message. I literally had the pokemon Furret walk across my screen on Iwaku. I am just reaching out to see if anyone had a way to check if this is an iwaku exclusive thing, or if my computer is currently infected by a hilarious, possibly harmless, but still frightening, unwanted software

I have heard of no furrets taking up residence in Iwaku. Sorry. :-|

Do you know what page you were on? I can check it out and see if I can have it reproduce for me, if you give me a link to the page/post where it happened.

this was the page. It's possible it wasn't due to Iwaku. I'm just trying to check all my fronts

Nada. I'll leave this open in case the administrators have anything else to contribute, but I didn't see anything that could have caused roaming furrets.

Best of luck.

By any chance could it have been an animated/gif RP ad? Those are towards the top of the Iwaku screen though, between the menu bar and where page content starts (at least on my screen); and I don't know whereabouts on your browser the furret occurred. Of course, it's only a thought. I haven't seen such an ad; that was just my first thought.

You might have an unwanted app installed on your browser or computer, or even your phone if that's what you're using! Sometimes on sites that feature a lot of ads, they'll sneakily install things through your browser. >:[

First check your browser's extensions and plugins and remove everything you don't recognize.

Second, check your computer's (or phone's) apps & programs. Same deal.

Finally, make sure you update your spyware and antivirus softwares and run them! I use the ones below regularly:

Reactions: Peregrine