A Fragile Pair

Iolani was startled at Adrian's voice, honestly believing that he was asleep. "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't really sleep much anyways, so I'm always up early," she murmured to him softly as she looked back toward the fire. She crossed her legs underneath her bum.

"So, where to bodyguard?" she attempted to tease him.

"You sleep more than me," he told her before getting up and stretching. He brought up a mental map and thought about the fastest and safest way to get to his sister's mage friend. "We'll have to travel through the forest for a little while. Then we need to head to Barony Roeland. That's where my sister is stationed now." He shrugged and pickedup his pack. "Ready whenever you are Miss Iolani."

Iolani got up swiftly on her two feet, and dusted off her knees and back thighs. "Well, we can start to head out now. If we hurry, we can get there before the sun sets, right?" she asked him with a quirked eyebrow as she looked down at the fire, not sure how to throw it out. Something whispered in the back of her mind to place her hands threw it. Well, that's exactly what she was going to do.

Sure enough, she let her hands sit on top of the fire, and pressed down on the heat. It tickled at first, then she felt nothing as she finally hit the bottom of the fire, and it was gone.

"Will you look at that? I did that, I'm so proud of myself," she muttered with a tired laugh.

"You are more skilled than you think it seems," Adrian said with a smile before settling his pack more firmly onto his back. "We can eat after we've got some distance between us and the town. After all they'll probably come to see if we hid out here when it gets to be full light." He began to move through the trees, his steps light and efficient--taking him the quickest way through the underbrush without leaving as many trails.

"And no. It's a five day trip from the edge of the forest. It's why my sister doesn't come home often. By the time she'd get home her leave would be over."

Iolani grabbed the other bag, placing it on her one shoulder as she made sure it looked like no one had rested here during the night. She was used to covering her tracks, and blending with the forest. It was something she had to learn at a very young age. Iolani then started to follow behind Adrian, watching how swift and elegant he was with his footsteps, making sure not to leave heavy imprints of his feet. She followed in his footsteps, making sure not to tread to far from him. Yet she wanted to let him have his distance. "Five day trip? That's pretty long, think we can handle each other for that long?" she teased, attempting to make a joke of the situation.

"How long has it been since you've seen her?" Iolani asked, wanting to chat for a little. Just because they were running off to hide from guards, didn't mean they had to be on edge all of the time. They could still have some light chatting.