A Fragile Pair

Iolani looked up at Adrian, wiping her eyes from the little tears that she wished she didn't shed in front of him. "Are you sure?" she asked him quietly, as she bit her bottom lip with a raised eyebrow, testing him. Surely, he was smart, but nothing could be done that easily.

"I just hate causing so much trouble. What happened to me shouldn't happen to you, Adrian," she told him with a shake of her head, as she finally laid her head onto his chest in comfort as she worked on her breathing. Her pulse was finally slowing, as she also noticed that it was dark. A little too dark in fact. Slowly, the night was getting darker, making it a bit harder to see with your eyes open at normal size.

"I'm sure Iolani. We've had these things happen before. My oldest sister is in fact protecting a noble who's eldest daughter has magic. We had to do this kind of thing last month when they came to visit." Adrian explained before wrapping his arms tightly around her as he looked around, "You aren't in any trouble Lani. Let's rest here for the night. Get some food in you to make up for what you missed. Then we can start out fresh in the morning." He would have moved away if she had not been resting against him. His own eyes were searching the darkness with little help.

Iolani finally got out Adrian's arms, not wanting to feel so comforted by a mere man's hands. She sniffed heavily, making sure all her emotions were bottled up. She raked her hair back, and looked around, knowing she could really see. "I'm not hungry, Adrian. I can't eat," she murmured to him as she raised her hands to feel trees around her. She moved her feet slowly, as if she was feeling the forest, and she closed her eyes tightly. Finally, she felt a gust of wind hit her gracefully, as if caressing her face. Suddenly, she opened her eyes and felt a tingle in her finger tips. She wiggled them, and bit her bottom lip as she flicked them.

A little fire burst right in front of her from some leaves that were lazily piled on the ground. The shadows of the ember flames showed her face, and she looked over to see Adrian. "Look, I did that," she said, proud of herself as a smile grew on her face in pure excitement.

Adrian watched her step out of her grasp and step forward before losing her in the darkness. Then there was a burst of light and she was standing in front of a small fire. Her pure excitement and pride were so adorable that he smiled at her and stepped forward to start placing rocks around the fire so that it wouldn't try to fry the rest of them.

"Beautifully done Lani," he said as he finished the circle of stones around fire. He sat back and stared into the fire. They would not be able to return home any time soon. So he was here with this young woman to protect her. Excitement was gripping himself. Away from supervision--allowed to a point to be whoever he wanted. He couldn't wait.

Iolani sat down on top of a boulder as she leaned forward, resting her elbows on top of her knees as she watched Adrian. She hummed quietly as she watched him through the shadows of the fire. "Adrian...what're you thinking right now?" She asked him quietly as she looked over his body, liking what she saw. A blush grew onto her cheeks as she mentally scolded herself for her impure thoughts.
It finally dawned on her that she was--once again--alone with Adrian in the forrest.

Adrian looked up from the fire and smiled. "How we are going to get you to a safe place," he said softly. "Where a safe place might be, if we could make it to my sister and her mage friend. Or if it would be better to just wander and find a place you'd want to stay. Maybe we could find you a teacher to help you control your powers. Either way, until you are safe, I cannot as a bodyguard leave you alone in a place. Sadly, or not sadly i you so please, you'll be stuck with me until you find a good place to stay." He didn't mind it at all. But at the same time she had never given her consent to the bodyguard idea--it had kind of been decided without her and until she said that she wanted him as a body guard, he could not officially be her bodyguard but a traveling companion. Not that that would stop him being a bodyguard instinctively.

"No, no, no. You're not leaving my sight Adrian. You and your family have done so much for me in two hours than anyone has in my whole lifetime. I don't just want you as a bodyguard, I want you as a..." she trailed off, not knowing how to explain it. She took a hearty breath and looked at him with her eyes clouded in sorrow, as they changed to a more dull brown, like dark bark on a tree.

"I'm not making any sense, am I?" She asked him with a quirked eyebrow.

"I never had the intention of leaving your sight Lani. You are my top priority. Unless you are bathing or using a latrine, you will be in my line of sight at all times," he told with a small smile before grinning at her. "You are making perfect sense to me Lani. I understand a lot more that one might think. Who knew after all that I would be sitting here around a mage made fire, sitting with a beautiful damsel in distress not twelve hours after I met her? That is what doesn't make sense but that's more of nonsensical because we are tired. You should sleep. Rest, we'll leave in the morning and find a way to get you to a safe place. I promise, I won't leave while you sleep." Adrian pulled out a pair of mens clothes from the bag he had started to dig through and held them out for her. "It might be easier if you wore these however. That dress can't be easy for you to run in."

"You really think I'm a...a mage? I mean, if I were I at least would be somewhat normal," Iolani said as she thought about it. The more she thought of being close to normal, a half-smile growing on her lips. She looked over at Adrian with a giggle, as he complimented her for the millionth time.

"I'll only relax, if you're right next to me," she told him as she looked at him with a sort of fondess in her dull eyes as they slowly turned a smokey purple. "Please?" She asked quietly, her voice cracking a bit as she slowly went over to grab the pants and shirt. She placed the pants on with ease, rolling them so they could fit more snug. They sat lowly on her hips, not really helping because they probably would fall sooner or later.

She grabbed the shirt, and blushed as she turned her back to him, as she stripped off the dress, her bare back showing to him as she pulled over the shirt slowly, as it fell loosely on her body.

Adrian had turned his head away. While he had already seen her body once, he had no intentions of going on her honor and being a scoundrel that his mind wished he was at that moment. He waited, staring out into the darkness. "Tell me when you are done changing, Miss Lani." he told her before he closed his eyes and waited. It was harder and harder to keep his eyes open but not flick over to see the skin of her back.

"As for what I think you are, I think you may be a mage--just an uncommon type. I wouldn't know though since I'm not really a mage expert."

"I'm done," she murmured quietly as she walked over back to the boulder, sitting down silently. She watched as he turned back, giving him a soft smile. She shrugged as he informed her about not knowing a lot of mage information. "Well, I don't think I am but it wouldn't hurt to find out to say the least," she murmured softly as she brought her knees to her chest, hugging them tightly to her chest so she could lay her chin on her knees.

"I hope you don't get annoyed by me," she murmured lightly with a soft chuckle.

Adrian blinked his eyes open and smiled her way. "Annoyed by you? Why would I get annoyed by you?" he asked, tilting his head to one side as he fished out a small bun and started to snack on it. He couldn't help it that he was staved, he just hoped that they had enough food and money to supply his increadibly disgusting urges for food. At least he thought they were disgusting. he was always hungry even when he shouldn't be. "The more important thing ist hat I don't annoy you. I mean I can be pretty outrageous sometimes."

Iolani shook her head in eager denial. "You aren't annoying nor outrageous from what I've seen so you have nothing to worry about," she told him with a soft smile on her lips. "With me? Oh, tons to worry about. I tend to be very cautious and get angry easily when things do not go my way," she told him as she counted off the tips of her fingers.

"I don't rest until I'm completely exhausted, and bandits love me, so I show no mercy," she added.

Adrian shrugged his shoulders and simply smiled at her. "So?" he asked her softly. "Those are most of the traits that a bodyguard is trained to live by so more or less you are like the rest of my family. I've very used to quick to anger and overly cautious people." He said as he pulled out another roll and started to down it quickly before putting his pack away. If he had it in his possession any longer there wouldn't be any food left.

"Stop eating, would you lil' beast?" she teased him with a sweet giggle. She hugged her knees tightly to her chest. "C'mere, sit by me," she murmured lightly as she nodded her head toward the empty spot next to her on the boulder.
[sorry it's short. :3]

Adrian blinked over at her and tilted his head, "Why would you--" he stopped and smiled, shaking his head and pushing himself to stand. Moving with a gracefulness that was from years of being trained to move without a sound, the young man moved to sit next to the young woman on the boulder. Closing his eyes he relaxed back with a sigh. "We really should keep our distance when we are resting. I would hate it if my control disappeared and I ended up hurting you in any way."

Want to just go to the next day?

((OOC: Sure. :) )

Iolani had fallen asleep when the sun was slowly ruining its hiding spot. She just couldn't sleep with Adrian next to her. Sure she was the one who wanted to be next to him...only to make sure she felt safe if anything.

Finally she was awake, only sleeping for less than three hours. She stretched her arms in the air, hearing her bones pop ever so softly. She shivered, the morning coldness setting in her. She flicked her wrist toward the already dead fire, to spark it back to life. She noticed Adrian sleeping soundlessly, and decided not to wake him yet.

Adrian hadn't slept well at all. He'd been constantly alert and had decided to lay down simply to feign sleep should anyone try to attack. The moment he heard her move around and the fire light up, he opened his eyes and sat up. "You are up earlier than I thought you would be," he said before rising from his place on the ground and stretched.