A foreigner in the mist

[At an airport, yeah. Generally their schedule determines mine.]

"Fall? I'm not gonna fall," he said, falling back on to the bed as she pushed him. He whined obnoxiously, "How'm I supposed to survive here without a guitarrr. Whhyyyyy."

His earlier, more observational state had vanished with the drink and his thoughts had selfishly returned to himself.

"Wait-" he said propping himself up on an elbow. "Did you say witch?"

Her eyes shot to him as if shooting right through him like an arrow. After all she said... That was practically all he heard. "Yes. These people don't understand us. If they can't explain something they immediately shun it."

She let him be and walked to the other side of the room. Salene opened the barrel and poured herself a glass. After this guys ridiculousness, she'd need drinks eventually.

Matt flopped back on the bed with his arms behind his head and stared at the ceiling. "Well that's a load of crap. 's really old fashioned and people just need to open up their minds a little bit..."

He was all about accepting people who were different. He'd be a bloody hypocrite if he didn't. He was about as different as they came.

"That's why there's wars and stuff, cos people don't like other people who are different. Cos being different is a threat. But being different is where we get change and yeah, sometimes we change for the worse, but worse than anything is if we don't try to move forward. The worst is stalemate. It's even worse than change for the worse. Cos it means we're not trying. 's kinda like gambling. Well..." he trailed off.

"Have you ever been to the Pleiades?"

He calmed. It was nice. He still rambled on but... alas he was calm. "Of course this place is old fashion. Hun, we are in 1500's." Her eyes rolled as a slight grin cracked upon her face.

Her feet transported her over beside him just to sit. She leaned against the wall looking down at him as he talked. "People feel threatened by anything they don'y understand. War is just a normal outcome that comes from it. Along with separation of people, races, and such. On the other hand... then there are people who jump to conclusions how one full group could be if many are that one way." She refereed to earlier outside of her house. It still got her that he judged so quick. She was very different from others like her as well. She knew how it was to be the loner type in a community where she just didn't fit in. Where she didn't belong.

"Not every individual will learn for that though. There will always be war. There will always be hate. Always have things misunderstood and unbelievable. That's just life. Regardless..." It was true. even after all this time... War still broke out. Blood shed was spread. Along with pain and suffering.

She paused as his question had been completely off topic. "No I haven't. I've heard a lot about it though. Stars located in Taurus." She grinned. "I went near there though. I was in Castor. Why do ask?"

"well when you've seen what i've seen..." Matt mumbled and shook his head.

He sat up and grinned, a dreamy expression crossing his face and his eyes gazed as if they were looking through her instead of at her.

"I wanna go there. 'm gonna play a gig there someday. And broadcast it to the world... and maybe other worlds. Cos there's other worlds too, y'know? Always wanted to go to the Pleiades. Play a gig in space~ yea
h~"

A dreamy gaze... She snickered then got up opening an old chest in her closet. She pulled out an old acoustic guitar. "You were looking for one of these right?" She hoped to pull him for the day dream. "Play for me?" It was his desire... His goal. His hopes and dreams. It was a different side to him that she hadn't seen. It made Salene think. What were her's? Her passion... Art maybe? No clue.

Her attention focus back to him. She placed the guitar in his lap. She truly wanted to hear.

A guitar! Matt's heart nearly leapt from his chest. He was sure he wouldn't see one, not here, and not again until he went home. It lacked the electronics and the bombastic effects he was used to, but beggars couldn't be choosers. And there was no electricity here to support such noise. It would be seen as noise here anyway. The old fashioned fogies in this era weren't used to modern music and how exciting it could be.

Matt sat up completely on the bed, folding his legs beneath him as he cradled the guitar in his lap. He tuned it to the best of his ability and thought about what he wanted to play. He wanted to choose wisely. The guitar almost always chose the music that was played on it, as much as the guitarist. Every guitar had it's own sound. He would know. He had many. And each guitar had it's own specialty songs too.

This was an old guitar. Certainly older than any of his guitars, or an guitar he had ever touched. It would seem so fragile, if he were touching it in 2012. But here it was still young. It was an old young guitar. Matt pondered quietly as he fiddled with the tuners of the guitar, trying to get a feel for it's sound.

The song that came to mind was one he typically played on piano, but for some reason it spoke to him with this guitar. He played with the chords, translating them easily from the piano to the guitar. He closed his eyes and began singing softly, his voice higher than most would expect from a male. He soon lost himself in the song, and in his mind he was playing among the stars.

(( now I'm the one typing from my phone. ))

She say back on the bed and leaned against the wall. Salendra gazed at his excitement. She couldn't help but be fascinated. He was like a little child going crazy for candy. It made her happy. No reason why. It just did. She waited for him to tune the guitar. The first played strum. The type of music that had been absent in her life for way too long. His voice was a bit high for the normal male voices she'd heard before. She shrugged not showing a care in the world. The melody was soothing and even hypnotizing. Her eyes gazed softly at his. Her heart raced as it was just amazing and captivating. Her body shifted and leaned closer to his. Her body swayed with the melody.

[And then I fell asleep XD Derp. Sorry.]

The song climaxed and Matt found himself desiring to play something more upbeat. He faded from the slower song into one of his favorites. His fingers worked expertly at the frets of the guitar in only the way that someone who practiced 5-10 hours a day for the last 10 years of his life could. His body lifted from the bed with the song's energy. He missed his band mate and the bass that drove the song, but he tried to make up for it in his fast energetic strumming.

The first notes he sang were low, more in the range that one might expect a male to be able to sing. This was part of what made this song so unique. As the song progressed into it's climax his voice rose in pitch until finally it rose into the rafters of the house, hitting a long, drawn out operatic falsetto that had shocked the critics. The note itself had caused major setback on the release of the album in America, skepticism ran high that singing like that would not be popular with the fans- a risky investment.

It was on this that his mind focused on, his rebellious nature making him draw out the note longer than necessary- a big 'fuck you' to his critics who weren't present. It'd slipped his mind entirely that this falsetto was also incredibly harmful to his alien, hurting her in ways that no weapon or strength could do. In fact it had slipped his mind entirely that he was in the presence of an alien, and singing like that could possibly harm her as well. All he knew was it felt damn good to sing and play and those notes were what made his music and his sound unique in the world of music, criticism be damned.

(( Haha It's fine. I did too shortly after...))

She fell against the bed in complete awe. Salendra fell in love with his voice. Not him. His voice. It was soft and beautiful even when he switched to a different song. How could she not? Her eyes focused in on him never hearing something like it before. Energetic, wild, crazy... Wait... Her heart pounded fast.

What was this feeling?

She grabbed her chest as it felt like her heart was getting ripped out of her chest. Seconds later ringing drove through her ears. Her hands flew up and covered her ears. She grunted and squinted her eyes until they were completely strained shut.

What was going on?

The pain continued on. A tingly sensation washed over her. Salene's body curled in a ball trying to make it all stop.

(( Sorry for the short reply. I spaced it out to make it look long... I just woke up. Also, I'm being a nerd and playing Rift too.))

[No problem. I was actually surprised! And being a nerd for the win.]

Matt jumped and spun with his singing, not noticing Salene's pain at first. When he opened his eyes his playing screeched to a stop.

"Shit shit- I forgot!" he cried, running to her side, dropping the guitar to the side with reckless abandon. He touched her shoulder carefully, "I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

(( Hey, why surprised? Saying a girl can't play video games? Hehe Bet I could kick your ass... and enjoy it too. :P ))

The screech had made it slightly worse. As time continued with the room falling in silence besides his constant pestering of "You alright?" "Are you okay?" "I'm sorry." Her body sat up weakly as her eyes met his.

She smiled which was also very weak. "Your singing was amazing..." Salendra chuckled a bit and fell against him. She still couldn't keep her balance.

[Oh no! surprised you're on haha! Yesterday I was all like, here in the morning and it was pretty much dead and I was like, I bet it will pick up right when I have to go to work and I was right haha.]

Matt reasoned that her race must be closely related to the zetas, that she was so affected by his singing. It made sense, because as she leaned against him, he could feel his blood rushing wildly. It wasn't as bad as it was with his zeta, when she touched him, making him utterly useless, a limp rag doll of pleasured senses, something that she'd taken great advantage of once she'd discovered. Something in her zeta skin when connecting with his human skin had caused a reaction that was entirely against his will.

Salene's skin seemed to have that effect on him too, to a lesser degree. But he still felt a need to separate himself from her. He muttered a grateful thanks, another sorry, and gently shifted her to lean against the bed instead of against him. He scooted across the room and pulled a glass of mead from the barrel, drinking it in silence while he leaned against the wall, his breathing the only thing now that could be heard in the room- one of his rare quieter moments.

(( I was picking anyways. Yeah, normally I don't wake up until almost noon my time. I am practically a house wife to all my house mates. Haha))

The room fell silent. Normally it would drive her insane.Alas, she wasn't away for even have a care in the world. The man was in his own little world drinking mead and quiet. Her body stirred as her eyes fluttered open. Salendra's hand pawed at her eyes. She stretched out and yawned.

A dream? What a strange dream. Of course no one else would be in this Era.

She threw herself out of bed and began to dance. Luckily she didn't have to work today. But today, would still be nice to go venture out. She pulled off a dress which was kind of weird for her. She undid the corset and let it fall to the floor. She began to search for her male clothes. This lead her to look all around. Coming around the movable divider she saw him. Her eyes widened as she began to freak out. She didn't know if he was asleep but she needed to reach her bed. That where the outfit was. She stretched out reaching for the clothes. She tried to keep quiet but her squeals echoed in the small house.

Matt choked on his drink, coughing and sputtering, his eyes watered.

Whoa whoa- whoa

Her recovery had been abrupt and it was almost as though she'd forgotten he was there. She must have, for she'd started undressing right there. He stared wide-eyed for a moment before flushing deeply and turning around to face the wall. She hadn't meant for him to see her, he was sure, and he had seen.

"Sorry sorry!" he chattered nervously, and shifting foot to foot, his back toward the room, unsure if he could turn around or not.

She sighed. What was the point now. He had seen her body in full. At least she wasn't completely naked right? Well... minus her breast.

Fuck my life...

She waved at him. Not like he could see or anything. "No no.. It's my fault." It wasn't a dream. Why did it have to be reality. She grabbed the clothes not even worrying anymore. "Do whatever..." She began to wrap the bandage over her chest to flatten it down. Salendra began with the button up blouse then put on the pants. It wasn't like no one has ever seen her naked. When she first got here, it was the only way to get by. Hints the real reason, she dressed like a man. She tugged the blouse. Somehow it had snagged on the back of pants.

Joy... Just my fuckin' luck.

This left only one thing to do. "Matty..." She sang to get his attention. Salene walked over to him and turned around trying to tug her shirt up. "Can you be a dear and help?"

All she really wanted to do was get out of there and find a stupid beach. She had been wanting that since the day before.

"Please don't call me Matty," he mumbled, turning around, still embarrassed.

He looked at the ensemble, not entirely sure how it was supposed to be worn. Fashion was his last concern in the world, evident by the fact that he was frequently seen wearing mismatched and clashing clothing, sunglasses that he alone thought looked cool, or the ever changing color of his hair.

"Erm, what'd you want me to do with it?" he asked.

I am the worst person to ask to help with these things on the planet, no matter what era.

She chuckled at his reaction to Matty.

Her hand pulled the blouse and the other pulled at the pants. Salendra sighed. "I need you to undo the snag..." Waiting a few minutes she backed away. "Never mind... It's not like this will be on long enough anyway." She was thinking about a beach. Any water at that. Salene just wanted fun. She turned to him and smiled. "Wanna explore?"

"I'm serious," he said sharply, his response to her chuckle. His eyes bore into her, the blue in them intensifying. It was a rare expression to cross his face, but one that frequently caused discomfort to anyone on the receiving end. He held her gaze for a few moments and then let it go.

Relaxing, he quickly undid the snag and leaned back against the wall.

What does she mean she won't have it on long enough? She's not intending to... no?

He shook his head.

She just likes to change her clothes a lot, that's all...

uh huh. Right, Matt.

"Explore?" His mind could be at times that of a typical guy. And right now, it was completely in the gutter. "Erm..."

This girl was anything but serious. Salendra rolled her eyes. His eyes were anything but discomforting. The love of picking on this guy grew. Before he broke the connection, she said a few words then let him be. "You're actually really hot up close." Normal flirt but yet harmless.

She grabbed a towel then turned around. "Yes explore..." Salene smiled softly. "Have any ideas of what you wanna do?" not realizing his mind in the gutter, she let his mind continue to wander.

(On phone.)