A foreigner in the mist

"'m sorry," he mumbled, not realizing he'd fallen into one of his odd silences. "How come you were dressed as a boy before?" he asked. The one question that had been eating at his mind now that he'd taken a moment to stop thinking about his own problems and turned his interest in her. He tugged awkwardly at the waist of the trousers. They made his scrawny legs look really weird.

"A drink would be fabulous."

[ahhh I have to go to work, damn. I may be very slow, but I'll be checking me phone, I just may be a bit sporadic.

also idk where everyone else went. David and Hayner come baccck]

(( I know how it is with answering with a phone. Don't worry. I had to do if for two weeks and it was a living hell. Haha But I'm patient. It is work afterall. Hope work is better than it could possibly be. ))

Her body began forward again. She sighed and looked over to hopefully meet his eyes. She pushed down the puffy dress and even shook her torso a bit. After all, women dressed for the look not the comfortableness. She really couldn't give an answer. It was always known as strange to everyone. Thinking back to history lessons she remembered how women used to wear practically the same clothes as men. That was the time frame this guy poofed away from. "I'm not girly. With that simply said... I hate dresses unless they are made the way I like."

Her hands reached over and slightly tugged on his pants. Luckily it wasn't enough to pull them down. "You think these are bad..." Her hands then moved to right below her breast on the rib cage. "You should try this. Its a corset plus a poofy itch bag over it." Sure it made everything fall into place right, but she loathed how even back then women tried their damnest to be pleasing to the eyes. In the current era, it was understandable. The women would practically be thrown away and not even have the chance to be recycled. It was harsh. She began to kick a few rocks as her mind wandered a bit.

Sandy beaches. Bright blue skies. Salty air. Her eyes closed and she could remember it all well. It was the thing she missed the most. She hadn't tried to see how the beaches in this era were like. Salene didn't want to be disappointed. These thought came from no where in particular. A smile spread across her face, which made her probably look insane in reality. The thought shook as they got closer to the Inn. She rushed ahead of him and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go get that drink." With in seconds they were crawling back throw the window and into the cellar.

"I assume you like that dress then? Since you changed into it? By the way," he said with a grunt as he clambered through the window, "I don't think we've formally introduced. I'm Matt. Nice to meet you."

Salendra paused. "I guess I do..." She wasn't really sure if it was true though. The dress itself was decent and the corset cut off most of her breathing. All in all it was one of the best dresses in the era. At least in her eyes it was. "Not what I would normally pick but still..."

She helped him through the window with a smile as he introduced him self. It did catch her off guard due to the fact as things were going it seemed as that moment was never going to present itself. Long behold, here it was. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Matt." She mocked in the old fashioned voice then simply giggled. "The name is Salendra. You can call me Salene though."

Matt hoisted himself to his feet. "Is that Salene as in the ocean?"

He looked around the cellar of the inn and absentmindedly tried to adjust his trousers again. "So where are the drinks?"

She couldn't help but giggle and playfully roll her eyes. "No, as Sa*lee*n." Salendra showed emphasis as she spoke her own name.

She walked over to a a stack of barrels. "Here is your liqueur." She cupped it in her hand as she poor some out. Her body trailed over to him ripping off the hate the pouring the liquid in his hair, careful not to get it on the outfit. Her fingers ran through his hair again. After a few minutes it changed to a dark brown hue. "There..."

He tried to pull away from her as she poured what he'd thought was going to be his drink into his hair. "oi! What are you going?! That's a waste of perfectly good liquor and stop messing with my hair!"

He had always been particular about his hair. And he certainly didn't want sticky liquor mussing it up.

His face fixed itself into a scrunched pout.

He definitely needed a drink now. He snatched the cup out of Salene's hand and took a swig.

[urgh posting from my phone is frustrating. I can't do any formatting at all. Ah well. I'll fix it later.]

"I fixed your hair genius." The chemical that first was in his hair mixed with the liqueur changed the color of his hair plus in the end... Wasn't sticky. She stuck her tongue out at him in response to his constant bickering. Salendra figured he needed to be thanking her by now.

((Seriously... Hun, if you can't reply it's fine. I can wait. I'm patient. You're at work. I just don't want you to get into trouble. Sorry I posted small too.))

[oh no don't worry. I don't get in trouble. And it's pretty dead an slow tonight so I welcome something to do. I just hate I can't italicize his thoughts or change the text color. First world problems.]

"You changed my hair?" Matt tried to look at his hair but it was too short. He shuffled over and peered into the mirror behind the tavern.

"Aw it's back to normal. How boring."

He shrugged. At least he could blend in now.

He plopped himself down at the tavern and ordered a mead.

"finally. A pwoper drink," he mumbled. He needed it to try and sort out his situation.

"Where'd Hayner and David go?" he wondered aloud.

[lol him thanking her. Things that never cross his mind. Also idk I this will work but I'm gonna give it a whirl. Get back here you two: @Kronas17 and @Adrias Summerset

(( That's good. I would have hated being a cause of you trouble. Yeahhhh... it was even hard to type and do stuff like that on my iphone. I'm sorry. Eh... don't think that'll work... Just message them. Or I can do if you would like.))

Eyes watched his twirl in circles and act like a little kid about his hair. She shoved him a bit as his remark. Salene sat across from him and looked around for the other boys. "No clue... So whats on your mind?" She sipped the glass she already. Waiting for a reply she broke off a piece of bread on someone else's plate and ate it. They shouldn't have just left their plate unattended. Not her problem. Here and there, Selene would pick from the bread until the owner of the bread came and took it away.

Matt took a deep swig of his drink.

"How to get home, obviously," he said with a slight edge to his voice. He wasn't angry with her, only annoyed with his situation, but it was rubbing off on his attitude.

"stupid alien. My alien," he corrected himself. "not you. You seem pwoper enough. I think. Do you know what sounds like a great idea? More mead. BARKEEPER er... OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELVES... nother drink please," he said far too loudly, slamming his glass on the table.

"Obviously..." She thought about how many times that had come to her mind. Her reason for being stuck in that era was her own fault though. She was clumsy and impatient as it was. The control broke under her own fingers and she kept pressing annoyingly. Eventually she shot her self here. Lucky her...

Her eyes widened at the sight right in front of her. "Matt... don't talk so loudly..." He seemed to be a light weight or it was just really good mead. If he kept it up she would have to help him back to her house. even before the other boys would get back. "You sure you need another, Matt?" She questioned only looking out for him.

By this time people stared at him. She rolled her eyes and started to laugh. "Nonsense Nonsense... He is a complete buffoon when he drinks." She tried to cover it up. It wasn't much but it helped lighten the mood around the inn.

"I want another drink," Matt demanded, falling into his old habit of thinking that temporarily forgetting his problems would make them go away. "Unless you have a better idea on how to spend the evening."

The bar keep brought another drink and Matt drank it quickly, his eyes watering slightly at the burn. "what'd you doo round here anyway for entertainment? There's no... pinanos-p- PIANOS or giters GUITARS are there?"

She backed up further away from the table as she still sat on the wooden bench. "You don't have to be a bloody ass." She hated when people demanded things. Luckily the demand wasn't completely towards her.

"People drink. The entertainers play the lute. Some of the men even sleep around for their entertainment." She shrugged it all off. All she did was work to pay for the village home she had bought. Salene wasn't really someone who stayed outside her home walls for the entertainment. She stuck with the things to do inside. She rubbed her face. "Matt... You're drunk..." She stated the obvious.

Matt laughed. This felt a little bit more like home. "fair enough. I've had that weputation before. It seems like I'm on tha wight twack if I want to blend in then, eh? Dwink like a local~" he giggled. He truly was a lightweight when it came to holding his drink. It didn't help that he hadn't had anything to eat all day.

He tipped back in his chair, rocking it on its rear legs. "so tell me about yourself Saline," he slurred, accidentally pronouncing her name wrong.

[observation: it is difficult to type a drunk person on a phone with insistent autocorrect.]

This was getting crazy. If he kept going he was going to be the talk of the village. She stood up and kicked into over drive. Maybe this would help her get him out of there. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Salendra ignored the way he pronounced her name for the sake of getting him away from the locals. "If you wanna know more about me... come with me..." Her voice was charming and even slightly luring. Salene whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek after wards. Her hand rubbed against his chest. He was a typical guy. Hopefully it would work.

She looked over at the Bar keep and smiled sweetly. "Barrel." He brought a keg to the girl and placed in her arms. Her attention went back to Matt. "Come on, hun..." One arm held the Mead as the other tried to pull him up from his seat.

He grinned lopsidedly at her. "Oh my~ you're flirty. Don'tchu be twying to use your alien pwowess on me~" he giggled and allowed her to drag him along anyway. He certainly had a knack for making a scene.

(Don't worry about your auto correct by the way. When do you get off work? Just curious.)

"Baby... for you anytime..." Her voice purred as she spoke.

She slowly drug herself, the keg, and this guy out of the inn and towards the direction of her place. Guards stepped forward seeing her carry the male. "My drunkard husband..." They nodded and let her pass. These people were easily played and it was nice. She grunted as the weight of everything started getting to her. Luckily her house wasn't far. Only about 4 houses down. She didn't really care if he rambled on the way there. Salendra was just looking out for them.

Minutes later they arrived. She first laid him on her bed then the barrel of mead on her table. Salene looked over at him and pulled off his cap and jacket. "There..." She smiled as she tried to help him get comfortable.

[Just got home actually. I ended up having to work late. Stupid airplanes and their stupid delays.]

"I do not need you to take care of me," Matt grumbled stubbornly, stumbling off the bed and began wandering around the room studying his surroundings. "Jus cos i'm a little tipsy, an i'm not nobody's 'husband'" he grumbled, and then spoke more loudly, "This isn't secretly a spaceship is it? I'm not gonna get abducted or something cos that'd really be something else... getting abducted within an abduction. Abductionception-" he laughed a slightly crazy, high pitched laugh. "Like that movie! I don't watch movies, by the way, but I've seen that one. Cos it's really interesting- concept. I like stuff like that. Pluss it's all kinda a conspiracy~"

He rambled on aimlessly, getting more talkative by the minute.

(( You work with planes?))

She stomped and hollered back. "Look, I'm just trying to help. You want to get killed for being a witch or whatever bullcrap? Then go ahead." Salendra couldn't believe she wanted to help so bad. This guy was just worse drunk. "I had to say you were my bloody husband to get the guards off your ass." She couldn't believe she was having such a hard time with the human. What was his deal. Then him continuing on with his nonsense about abducting? honestly, Salene wished it was s hip. She would have already been off to her own time and home. His patheitc babling was just that. Pathetic. Movies? Why did things even have to refer to movies? Life could just be that way. Besides most movies in his time were not possible for them.

She shook her head, waiting out his rambling and calming down herself. It never stopped. A migraine grew second after second with every little sound the guy made. Why could he not shut up? "Really? Just sit down. You're going to fall!" She tried to push him back on the bed.