A foreigner in the mist

She steadily paced her walking as she held onto the barrel. It actually caused her to waddle side to side like a penguin. Her eyes caught the sight of guards huffing and scolding themselves. They walked right past her as she hid her face behind the barrel. It was going to take awhile to get to the inn this way. Salene sighed in relief. Maybe she wouldn't run into them.

David followed them and panted slightly out of breath and he took
a seat to cath his breath.

The people here talk so strangely....

Matt accepted the water gratefully and chugged it down. He handed the glass back to Hayner.

"I was hoping you had something a bit stronger," he managed, still breathing quite heavily.

After all the time taking to waddle, she finally reached the in. The barrel was twice as big as her pushed down body. "Moment of truth..." She pushed the door open and waddled in. She took it to the front desk. "My sincerest apologies. I rather arrive much later than attended." She continued her lower voice. She turned around to them. All three. Her body stopped. It wasn't she was scared. She couldn't even explain how she felt.

Matt snagged a hat that was hanging on a nearby wall, tugging it down over his hair. He had no idea how ridiculous he looked, or the fact that he had put the hat on backwards. He knew nothing of the fashion of the times. Not that he knew much about the fashion of his own times, as Dom had always liked to point out. He grinned a sheepish, lopsided grin at the newcomer, the very same person they had run into on the street!

He quietly backed out of the room, hoping no one would notice him.

She confusedly looked at him and followed until they were alone. Salene stopped behind him. "If you want to try to blend in... I can help..." It wasn't like her to try to converse with someone. Her voice was soft and had no resemblance of how people of the village spoke. "I probably have clothes that will fit you..." She reached up and fixed his cap. "There"

Matt felt his irritation growing at being followed but glanced the young man up and down to check body size. It was true. Though it was rare to find someone who was as small as he was, here was someone who was small just like him. The young man had an almost female physique. Which made sense. Matt had a slightly female physique. And the doctor said he had female vocal chords which made sense when he sang...

Matt shook his head. His mind was constantly trailing. On the rare occasion that it focused, he could be intensely observational, his blue eyes boring into whatever subject he was observing, so it felt like he was looking into their soul. Today was not one of those times. Had it been, he may have noticed that this young man was really not a young man. But today, the details slipped him. He was far too distracted by his present situation to be as observational as he was capable of. Then again, he was often distracted.

"I'll borrow some clothes, thanks. Erm... and do you have some... does this exist? black shoe polish? or... erm... maybe leather varnish... or... something...?"

For my hair...

Salendra couldn't help but chuckle. "Don't worry too much... I can fix you up in no time." She grabbed his hand and pulled him with her further in the Inn. She opened a window that was half cracked and peered out it carefully. She crawled up and out signalling him to follow. She hopped behind house and house until they reached hers. She rushed in the door and hurried to her dresser.

To the people of the village it looked like an everyday place. To anyone else, it was the truth they saw. Everything was futuristic. From the wall's coloring to the furnishing. The theme was rather chrome like. She had no excuse to tell the boy that she pulled to follow him. She just wanted to help when she could. Honestly... She wanted to get home herself. Salendra may have not been from year 2012 but it was close enough compared to the era they were all currently stuck. If her cruddy costuming wasn't a dead give away her place was.

She rummaged through the dressers throwing all the other clothing items on her bed. She found a pair of pants and tossed them on his head. Next was a jacket then a shirt. Her body jolted to the other side of the room. grabbing a pair of shoes and a glow stick type thing. She handed the items to him and smiled. "There you go." Her hands gripped the glow stick tight waiting for him to be dressed. Her body turned around giving him slight privacy. Sadly she never really expected to have the opposite gender go into her home.

Matt looked around the room in confusion.

"This may seem like a strange question, but do you have an alien, too?"

He wiggled out of his trousers and pulled on the old fashioned styled ones. He looked down at himself.

"How the hell do you wear these things? These are really strange... and not very comfortable." He wiggled about in the trousers a bit. "Have I got them on right?"

He tugged off his own black button up and pulled on the cream coloured, more loose fitting one. It seemed to bring out the paleness of his skin. "I feel like such a girl right now," he grumbled. He slipped the jacket on last and stood looking whole heartedly miserable and uncomfortable, an unmistakable pout on his lips.

What I really need... is a drink.

"What's with the glowstick?" he asked. "'s not something I'd expect to see round here."

"No, I don't have an alien. I am one, hun."

Salendra sighed and tossed the glow stick on the bed. She turned around after he was done. She chuckled seeing he got most of it right. Salene walked forward and started tucking in his button up. She felt slightly awkward due to the fact she was a woman dressing a man. Her hand was careful to not go too far. "By the way... You're far from a girl... Trust me..." She played with his puffed out lip. "Aweee Poor poor baby" She couldn't help but tease as she finished her help. "Just wait until you start moving around. Those pants will ride up on you."

She walked over and grabbed the glow stick. She put it length wise in her mouth and pulled off her cap. Light brown strands flew everywhere until they finally landed beside her hips. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail then walked closer to him. Salene grasped the cap on his head and tossed in on the bed. She shook the glow stick and cracked it open, letting it pour on his head. Her hands massaged the chemical in his hair until it activated and began to turn a color of his own choice. Her body moved away from his and went back to her closet ti grab clothes for the other male. She turned around and gave a smile resting her hand on her hip. "Don't you look good..." Jokes. She loved them especially when it pertained to people she could share the pain of the clothing with.

Bewildered, Matt watched her movements.

"You're an-alien-" he gaped, and again, as realization dawned on him. "You're a girl!"

He flushed heavily as she began massaging his head, the hair remaining a stubborn red. A small groan escaping his lips. "you-you should- you should definitely not touch me then... if you're an alien..."

The room spun slightly, and his knees felt weak, as if he might faint.

"Yes, I'm a girl!"

She rolled her eyes. "I've been in constant touch with humans here... Nothing will happen." She nudged him when she got back to him. "So stop over reacting." She looked around for the other button up shirt. Not able to find it she sighed. "Crap... looks like I'll have to give your friend this one." Salene walked over and grabbed a dress after putting the clothes on the edge of the bed.

Salendra began unbuttoning the blouse. Her body turned towards him. "Umm... Can you turn around? I need to change."

Matt protested. "Back home I'm the head of the Resistance- i have this problem with my alien too...i don't know why...." this was going to be pointless to explain. He flushed again, and backed out of the room. It wasn't an overreaction it just was a reaction and one that he couldn't help. It was hardly convenient and he certainly wished it wasn't a problem. His alien had used it to her advantage many times once she'd figured it out.

He waited outside in the alley way while she finished dressing, leaning against the cool stone wall to gather himself.

She shook the pants off her hips and unbuttoned the rest of her blouse. Salene took a deep breath and unraveled the bandage. She pulled out a corset like thing. The corset pulled it self tight around her body. A simple gown was pulled over her body. It was an emerald green tint with black lacing around the ends. She twirled in it smiling. It had been awhile since she acted as a woman. Her hair pulled out of the pony tail. She walked over to sink as she wrapped her hair around an wand. Instantly curling the hair she brushed single strands out of her face then slipped on some flats.

Salendra walked out the door grabbing the clothes and another glow stick before hand. She looked over at the man who just waited. "So whats wrong with aliens..." Curiosity. It couldn't be contained any longer.

He glanced at her sidewise.

"Only that they believe themselves to be a superior race and have a hand in running the world through the government. Well, the zetas. The zetas have done that." He began babbling, now that he'd been given a topic that was of high interest to him and few others. "Well my alien, she's the leader of the zetas, she tells me thats the Illuminati but she's lying cos she's actually Lady Gaga? But you probably don't know who that is.... Anyway, she supports the Illuminati, so I don't trust her or anyone affiliated with her. I knew she was weird and wrong the first time I saw her cos no human...dresses like that. But you know they control the media and brainwash people and make people think that stupid things are important... like reality tv shows. They feed them so much that people stop paying attention to like... the fact that the world is constantly at war now. It's just like in the book 1984, do you know the book 1984? Have you ever read it? No of course you haven't you're an alien but aliens rule the world in the future and maybe...maybe the past."

Matt gasped and backed away from her, pointing. "Maybe that's why you're here-"

He dug in the pockets of his trousers, thankful that he'd transferred his belongings over. He pulled out a crumpled piece of foil and slapped it on over his hair, that was still mysteriously red for some reason.

"You're corrupting the world and the government even back here! So we can't do anything about it up there in the future!" he flapped his arms wildly. "It's like the ultimate Butterfly Effect! Oh my god!" He stared at her with his hand over his mouth and his eyes wide.

She shifted her eyes away from him and walked past him. She fell quiet. Honestly, she first thought of him as kind of interesting now... It was all different. Salendra sighed.

What a jerk... I was stuck here because of those people. Because of your people as well...

She couldn't believe she was so naive. all she wanted to do was now help these people as see them on their way. If this was how both felt, she wanted nothing to do with them. This man judged her by her race. He didn't know her. She shook it off and just let him ramble.

Matt didn't notice her quietness at first. It was hard to stop him once he got going on one of his conspiratorial rants. But as he babbled on he eventually noticed he didn't get the reaction he typically did out of his own alien. His talking drifted off into silence and he stared at her. The topic had gotten his brain on a solid, non-distracted track. He was now looking at her with the intensity that surfaced only every so often.

Her mind did slightly drift off thinking of how things would be if she went back home. Hell, she wasn't even sure when or where home was. Technically she was as much human as the guy she was walking with. For her people called her alien due to the fact her time was much further in the others she encountered. Yet her technology was more advanced and so was other things. No doubt she was an alien, unfortunately. She decide d to give him the benefit of the doubt. Salendra decided to joke around to maybe brighten the mood. "How long are you going to stare at my ass." She turned around and gave him a wink. With in an instant she was back to her old self. It was quite nice to have others around. Especially once she could pick on with no care in the world.

Trust was hard to earn with Matt. His paranoia and skeptical disposition simply didn't allow it. But those whom he did trust had come to learn that once earned, his trust was like a clinging child, persistent and hard to get rid of. Sort of like his attention. Having eliminated his somewhat ADD-like thought cycle, his full attention was now on her.

"I wasn't staring at your arse," he said with a pout, followed shortly by a fond smile. Her way of using humor with a flirtatious attitude reminded him of his best friend Maibrit back home. Maybe it wasn't so incidental that they had their alien blood in common too...

He brought his stride even with hers, despite the fact that it caused him to hobble a bit. His trousers were indeed riding up and it was affecting his typically bouncy, short-legged gait.

He continued to watch her with an intense curiosity.

[I feel like I should have explained this earlier but I'll do so now. When she dumped the glowstick over his head it had been to the 'color of his choosing'. Inside, he loves his red hair and despite what would logically be more useful to him, he would always choose to have the red hair over any other color. His wants outweigh his needs so it stayed red.]

She chuckled as his response was nothing that wasn't predictable. For someone who was sent from 2012, he consumed her curiosity. Of course, she wouldn't show it but it intrigued her. Understanding for the guy was stacking up. It may have been little by little but it was anything but boring. His feet held him up to her speed. The pants were uncomfortable and even absolutely hideous. She knew this first hand. At least the old fashioned men's attire looked better than the womens'. At least to her eyes it was. Fashion does come with a price of uncomfortable standings. "You know you can talk, right?"

What was the other one like? Was he as fun?

Salendra looked over at his hair and sighed. Putting aside her most typical attitude, his hair really needed to be hid. Not just his old fashion giddup would trick these people. His hair was now going to be quite a difficult challenge. She stopped for a few minutes letting his pace pass her. From the distant she analyzed his hair. Polite or not, her hand dove down the from of the gown. She pulled out a small compact, opening it, then staring intensely. Her fingers swiped against it a few times then grinned. "Solution found. You want a drink... Right?" She closed the compact and smiled. This was not going to be that great form him.