A foreigner in the mist

"I have no knowledge of this strange metal brick, it belongs to david" Hayner hands over the cude to David. "Listen the inn my father owns is usually empty and quiet."

" It belongs to me!? thats impossible". He looked at the cube and then
took it slowly looking at it. " we can rest the night there".

The sun burned bright through the window. Her body threw it self up as she heard the bird chirp. "Crap..." Her body arose quickly. Her hands moved fast as she wrapped a white bandage over her chest to cause it flat. She next grabbed her clothes from the handmade dresser. The shirt and pants were puffy and made by the best tailor in the village. She twisted then tied up her light brown hair, putting on a small cap that hid most of her hair. Her blue eyes met with the reflection seeing she was missing something. "Vest..." She murmured. She whipped it on in a quick motion. Her body fell on the bed trying to pull on her boots.

She tested her voice out making it lower. Getting a believable tone she ran out the door and towards the bar. Within seconds, she body fell backwards as a "oof" came in front of her. "Watch it you buffoon." She yelled in her normal voice. Her eyes looked in front to see men that were not of that era. She scurried to her feet and quickly lost her words. "I... I'm so... so-sorry..." Her delicate hands reached out trying to help the guy up. Salendra dusted them off first continuously apologizing. Why did she want to mess with people who were strangers? In fact, she didn't. They dressed strangely but she didn't admit that. The girl didn't even realize she was acting so much like a woman. Plus she knew she had interrupted the conversation.

(By the way... It can be any of you.)

Matt searched his mind for where he might have seen a brick like that. It would come to him eventually, surely.

He took a deep breath and began to babble. He talked so fast it was almost impossible to understand him. "I'mfromthefutureandIthinkheistooandIknowthatsoundswidiculousbutitsweallydangerousand and and and theresthisthingcalledtheChaosTheory and I weaaally dont wanttomesswithit and well
..."
he cut himself off.

He didn't want to go into his past experiences with time travel. Erm... future... it was all in the future...

His future self had come jumped back in time five years and had seriously screwed up his life. The repercussions were terrible and that had only been five years. He couldn't imagine what thousands of years could do in terms of cause and effect.

"Maybe it's best we just... go hide until this all blows over and not fuck with your lives..."

It scares me, he thought weakly.

"of course it will free as well, ill just say you two are friends of mine" its right in the middle of Green Medow village right there" he points off in the distance. Smells the air "Mmm smells like the pie is ready!"

David fliped the cube and looked at it. e had no idea what it was ment fore or what to do with it for the matter. All he knew was he needed to find a way back home. What was everyonee doing? did time stop while he left? Doubt it. He was about to say something when he was knocked on the floor. Shaking his head he looked up at the person who helped him up and he brushed off his pants and shirt. " um its okaay".

Matt helped up David, who had been knocked over by someone new who had joined the conversation. He eyed the stranger nervously. He hoped dearly that David didn't notice the way his palms were sweating. There were so many people around and more people coming.

He quickly interjected. "Okay let's go to the inn. Surely it will be a little more quiet there."

We can hide.

He then added shyly, "Is it banana pie?"

You're an idiot, Matthew, why would they have bananas in medieval England?

David looked at the stranger before thanking Matt, he noticed his
palm were sweaty and he raiesed his eyebrow curiously " hey man
you okay?". He took his hand and looked at it " your sweating".

Hayner began to wonder about some of the words comming from there mouths, "Future, bananas?" it didn't make sense but he felt an adventure comming around, and why was this girl pretending to be a boy, She hadn't fooled him Hayner's senses know better.

Her eyes widened seeing how the two people looked. She thought she was odd. Being a woman in the time era wasn't really all it could have been. She looked at the men who continued to speak even after running into them.

She decided to speak up before they walked off. "Umm... You should really hide. The guards around here don't take strangers too nicely." She sighed and let them continue off. Salendra hesitated to walk to the bar. She knew how it was. Yet she also knew how gullible these people were. Salene began to worry about the strangers. She shook her mind clear and headed into the bar. The broad shouldered middle aged man gave her a barrel. Her deep voice answered. "Hey. What do i look like?"

"Deliver that to the Inn. They ran low on liqueur." He pushed her straight out of the bar.

The guys were there... She didn't want to seem like a creep. Yet, she job called for her to do it.

Matt yanked his hands out of David's and took a step back.

"Oi, mate! Back off-"

Am I the only one here who realizes the dangers of time travel??

He turned to Hayner hastily. "Right. Inn. Where is it?"

David stared at him confused and then shook his head " relax dude and calm down
getting parinoid isn't going to help". He walked down the hill and watched the guards chat.

"a few house down its not far at all, Its called the Ravens Nest, i can see the sign from here, ill show you," Hayner sprints on a head almost out of vision. "COME ON!"

Matt clenched his hands into fists. David was right. Getting paranoid wouldn't help. He'd always been paranoid though. He took a deep breath. Still. He knew he'd feel better if they were out of sight a little more. Besides, David didn't have bright red hair. He looked slightly more normal to this environment. Give him the right clothes and he could fit in.

I need a hat or something...

Maybe that was the key. They would have to try to blend in, since hiding didn't seem to be much of an option anymore.

He followed behind Hayner quickly. The guy moved fast and he could barely keep up on his short legs.

David looked at Matt and hayner sprint off tword the in. He looked at the guards and one started walking in his direction.
He sprinted and caught up neck and neck with Hayner.

"Nothing like a slow run huh david?" Hayner smiled as he ran, not blasting off because he was far to fast, even for his own good but that usually never stopped him. "Matt should i slow down more? i wish not to be rude"

Matt could feel that his temper was rising.

"We're trying to not attract attention, you tosser!" He panted heavily as he tried to keep up. "Running away from a guard is like shooting off fireworks! Shit!"

He grumbled something about being too short and pushed his legs as fast as he could. "Run like the wind!" he shouted sarcastically.

Hayner thinking literally bolted off in almost a blur, darting past wagons, and people reaching the inn in seconds were it would take a few minuts normally.

Matt watched with his mouth gaping at Hayner's incredible speed. He silently cursed himself for forgetting that sarcasm was a relatively new concept. A few minutes later, he staggered into the inn, wheezing pathetically and desperately wishing he could have a drink.

"Matt! you made it! im very queer to know you didn't pass out from exhaustion its quite a run," Hayner grabbed a nice big cup and handed Matty water