1. No Preferences

[stabs=bcenter | 500x500]
{slide=One}

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=2} My Partner {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots {/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas {/tab}

Heya!

Nice seeing you checking out my thread! Call me Nemo, or if you know me by any other name, feel free to call me by that. Obviously I'm looking for a few partners to write with. It has been a while since I last did a one on one, but I hope to change that here!

What you can expect from me:

With seven/eight years of role playing under the belt I would like to think of myself as someone who understands the basic mechanics of role playing very well. I'm generally really excitable in the sense that I love to plot and discuss all sorts of things. However, sometimes I can get too enthusiastic and carry on and on, so you will have to be prepared to get me back on track again. Character despair holds a special place in my heart, and I love planning out surprises as well as getting surprised. You can say that I'm fluid in how aggressive and passive I get, it goes both ways.

I can write multiple short paragraphs to novel sized posts. I'm flexible in that regard. However, less so with my time. One can expect me to post no more than once a week at most. I have other role plays to tend to, next to my role as a moderator, and my offline life as an university student. However, I'm pretty easy to convince to play whatever pairing and gender you want me to.

One last note would be a warning: I can generally be considered a terrible partner for romance. I like it as it comes, not as it is planned. If you wish to role play and expect romance you are going to have a hard time with me. Most of the times romance isn't going to happen, not because I'm terribly against it, but because I just don't feel it happening. You will either need a lot of patience and luck, or you just don't get your hopes up.

What you can interest me with:

Check the tabs for 'Plots' or 'Ideas' to see what I'm currently looking for. My role play resume also holds a few details on what I like and don't like. Don't see anything you like? Try and ask me about it. I'm generally open for anything.

Generally you can always interest me with historical role plays. I'm a huge nerd for that. If you have a good thriller, I'm game as well. I'm also a sucker for the steampunk and apocalyptic genres, but generally only with original plots. As for fandoms, I haven't done one for a loooong while and am rusty, but I can play canon and original characters if needed. If you want canon characters chances are that I will decline, unless I really like writing that canon character to amuse you. However, again, don't expect romance to come from this either.

Notes:

I prefer role playing over forums than PM. However, I'm not too stubborn over other devices. Just that you have a better chance of getting a reply from me over the forums.

At last I would like to mention the following: I'm mostly looking for a casual role play partner. I don't mind doing heavy plots and all, but I also need something lighter on my plate. A modern slice of life sounds good right now, but a sweet fantasy is also welcome!

Writing samples:
Blog, 1, 2

Please, read on and if you are interested I would love to hear from you either here or in PM.

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots{/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}
{/slide}
{slide=Two}

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots{/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}

What I'm looking for:

I'm looking for a flexible partner. One that doesn't mind waiting for weeks before I reply, or will haunt me every three days because they haven't heard of me or so. I love to chat, but I don't like to be told that I should be writing, or that I should reply, or to be reminded of the fact that I still have something on my to-do list. I have my own planner, I'm not looking for extra help in there.

Don't be too passive! I can get quite overbearing, which is especially bad when paired up with someone of a passive nature. If you feel like you are going to get overwhelmed by me, please tell me. We can figure something out through communication. However, also be willing to move and think with me. Be willing to take action, to control the plot a little. Role playing is a collaborative project, which means that we both have to contribute, especially since there will only be the two of us in a one on one.

I would really appreciate it if my role play partner has their basic understanding down about role playing. In which I mean that they know how to avoid time paradoxes, take control of the scene without playing my character for me, knows not to powerplay, etc...

Other than that I'm looking for a partner that knows how to write down at least a paragraph or two. I like to have something to work with, something inspirational. I simply don't feel motivated to reply to responses that are only three sentences long, or less. A basic grasp of the English grammar and spelling is much appreciated as well. I'm not perfect, I'm not a native writer or speaker, but I'm quite picky in that regard despite all.

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots{/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}
{/slide}
{slide=Three}

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots {/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}

The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince):

This is a plot inspired by the story of the children's book The Little Prince.

- I was thinking of a story where Muse A has lost all of its connection to the world. (Can be taken as; sees no more meaning of life, lost hope in the world, etc...) They meet Muse B who slowly teaches them how to live again. We can discuss this.

- Another idea I had was that Muse C has lost the ability to see colours. (This could stand symbolic to having lost emotion, or so...) and Muse C and D set off on an adventure to get these colours back again. (Learning how to feel again, etc...)

Labyrinth:

A plot inspired by the 1986 movie Labyrinth with David Bowie and Pan's Labyrinth. Here I was thinking of the MC going back to the labyrinth they explored as a child. However, now as an adult who has all forgotten about this wonderland. The inhabitants of the Labyrinth haven't, however, and they are excited to see the MC back again. One person in particular, which can be good and bad. Up for discussion.

- Escape the room-esque plot. Two people (friends, etc...) are stuck on a floor where they need to solve the mystery of that room in order to get to the next floor to finally reach the 'final' floor. They have to work together, think in riddles and act swiftly!

Fairy tale adaptions:

I absolutely love fairy tales and I adore it even more if I get to tweak around their plots a little and give it an original spin to role play. Mafiosi boss Snow white? Or maybe Rumpelstiltskin is a cursed boy that needs his name back in order to be freed! Come at me with your favourite fairy tale and we can twist and turn it around.

(More to come as I think of them.)

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots{/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}
{/slide}
{slide=Four}

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots {/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas {/tab}

The following are ideas to spice up one on one role plays a little. Feel free to adopt a few of them yourself if you want, no need to ask permissions. The reason why I thought up these ideas is mostly to challenge myself and motivate myself more to write. I tend to be a little whimsical in my interests, so in order to combat that I have thought up various things to entertain myself. However, of course you need a partner for it to work out. If you are interested in trying out one of the following with me I would be a happy fish!

Prompts:
For each post we write we give each other a prompt to work with. A word to use, a song to inspire, etc... It can be anything, everything, as long as it results in a post and the prompt is actually used within the post.

Scenarios:
This could work for a role play that is more of a sandbox style. Instead of working with a strict story/plot we are gonna write scenes based on prompts given to us. This could be by our own submission (which will most likely happen) or by the suggestion of others. Each time a prompt is given a new scene is started. The prompt round ends as the scene ends and the next prompt is picked, which triggers a new scene. You can imagine a really casual role play with this, which is completely fine with me.

Penpals:
For a long, long while I have been looking for a partner that is willing to do a role play with me that will mostly concern itself over letter exchanges. The characters won't interact, or meet each other physically (at least not at the start) and will mostly get to know each other through writing. Whether this is through a magical diary, or by bird, etc... it doesn't really matter to me. I like this idea and I want to do it, for a long while already.

(I hope this one isn't too confusing, haha! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!)

{tab=1} About Me {/tab}

{tab=3} Plots{/tab}

{tab=4} Ideas{/tab}
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure about everyone else but I can't see the text.

I'd love to roleplay with you, if you're still looking for someone. :)

I'm not sure about everyone else but I can't see the text.

Ack! So sorry for that! D: I forgot to check out the readability on the other backgrounds. Hopefully this is better now?

I'd love to roleplay with you, if you're still looking for someone. :)

Rad! You can PM me with your ideas, or interests!

I can take in one or two more partners! c: PM me, or leave a message here with your interest~

Good morning! If you are still looking, I'd love to talk about doing the pen pals or a fairy tale adaptation!

Hi, hello! I'm super into both Reset and Penpals :> There seem to already be people interested in Penpals, so I don't mind you choosing which! If you'll have me, of course. cx

Hi, hello! I'm super into both Reset and Penpals :> There seem to already be people interested in Penpals, so I don't mind you choosing which! If you'll have me, of course. cx
Hihi! Sorry for the late reply! Exams are finally over for me, so I have some more time on hands. If you are still interested in either one of the plots feel free to PM me!

With that being said I think I have enough partners/interests for now. Thanks for the interests! I will open this thread again if there is some room. c:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.