A Fine Line (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My last girlfriend said the same thing."​

"Alright, alright. Enough of that. You mentioned being a healer... that mean you got some god looking over your shoulder?"​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alright, alright. Enough of that. You mentioned being a healer... that mean you got some good looking over your shoulder?"​
From smirking happily to a fiery scowl, "No... The branding has to do with it and let's leave it at that..." It wasn't like he minded having his powers or showing them off to his friend. If anything, the reason that he didn't want to discuss it was that he didn't exactly understand them himself.​

From smirking happily to a fiery scowl, "No... The branding has to do with it and let's leave it at that..." It wasn't like he minded having his powers or showing them off to his friend. If anything, the reason that he didn't want to discuss it was that he didn't exactly understand them himself.​

His hands came up. "Okay, okay. Sorry I asked."​

His hands came up. "Okay, okay. Sorry I asked."​
After a few minutes of awkward silence courtesy of Naoki not wishing to continue the discussion of his powers, a quiet growl could be heard as his lips spread just enough to show his strangely sharp canines, "For the love of... When the hell are they going to get here?"​

After a few minutes of awkward silence courtesy of Naoki not wishing to continue the discussion of his powers, a quiet growl could be heard as his lips spread just enough to show his strangely sharp canines, "For the love of... When the hell are they going to get here?"​

Hellboy just grunted at first, stone fingers once again tapping the table. "Not soon enough. Wonder if picking a fight might be worth it."​

Hellboy just grunted at first, stone fingers once again tapping the table. "Not soon enough. Wonder if picking a fight might be worth it."​
"I'd rather not be barred from our meeting place with the employer... Unless it's after we meet our employer and comrades," He returned, wondering if he should have brought a deck of cards or some dice to keep them entertained, "It would be a bad first impression if we had to explain our banning from visiting a... reputable establishment."​

"I'd rather not be barred from our meeting place with the employer... Unless it's after we meet our employer and comrades," He returned, wondering if he should have brought a deck of cards or some dice to keep them entertained, "It would be a bad first impression if we had to explain our banning from visiting a... reputable establishment."​

"This place is as reputable as some massage places."​

"Hey, those Tian girls work really hard for their money, Red!"​

Hellboy smirked. "Yeah, I know they do. I make sure they get to do so somewhere they want to, though. Otherwise... the owner and I have a problem."

The bartender was giving them the evil eye, of course.​

Hellboy smirked. "Yeah, I know they do. I make sure they get to do so somewhere they want to, though. Otherwise... the owner and I have a problem."

The bartender was giving them the evil eye, of course.​
Naoki's eye caught the bartender, and he returned the evil eye with a scowl, "Looks like we might have a problem with the owner of this fine establishment as well..."​

Naoki's eye caught the bartender, and he returned the evil eye with a scowl, "Looks like we might have a problem with the owner of this fine establishment as well..."​

"I did just liken his bar to a brothel."​

"I did just liken his bar to a brothel."​
"Too bad he doesn't have any pretty tavern girls to complete the comparison..." While he normally didn't care for showing his brand to others, Naoki could easily make an exception if their silence could be bought and it resulted in a very entertaining night for himself.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Too bad he doesn't have any pretty tavern girls to complete the comparison..." While he normally didn't care for showing his brand to others, Naoki could easily make an exception if their silence could be bought and it resulted in a very entertaining night for himself.​

The bartender turned bright red and turned away. The man was trying to run a nice inn and these two were causing trouble!

Hellboy leaned back. "I feel ya there, pally. Don't care what I look like. Long as I've got the coin."

He rarely did, but that's besides the point.​

The bartender turned bright red and turned away. The man was trying to run a nice inn and these two were causing trouble!

Hellboy leaned back. "I feel ya there, pally. Don't care what I look like. Long as I've got the coin."

He rarely did, but that's besides the point.​
Expecting a chaotic neutral individual to not cause trouble, even peaceful trouble, was like expecting Metallica to not sell out, as in you shouldn't expect it.

"Gods, it's been too long... First order of business after our job, get lovers and take part in some furious and vigorous excerise, not necessarily in that order," Someone should probably shut Naoki up before he says something really stupid, as all chaotic neutral people are known to do from time to time.​

Expecting a chaotic neutral individual to not cause trouble, even peaceful trouble, was like expecting Metallica to not sell out, as in you shouldn't expect it.

"Gods, it's been too long... First order of business after our job, get lovers and take part in some furious and vigorous excerise, not necessarily in that order," Someone should probably shut Naoki up before he says something really stupid, as all chaotic neutral people are known to do from time to time.​

Chaotic Good is rarely much better.

"I wouldn't mind."

People were frowning heavily at them now.

Chaotic Good is rarely much better.

"I wouldn't mind."

People were frowning heavily at them now.
Now it's time to push the envelope too far!

"Perhaps the owner has a cute daughter? Hopefully one of continuous, nightly lover material?"

Yeah, he just went there, barkeep. That's what you get for frowning at two, agitated men who ain't got laid in over a month.​

Now it's time to push the envelope too far!

"Perhaps the owner has a cute daughter? Hopefully one of continuous, nightly lover material?"

Yeah, he just went there, barkeep. That's what you get for frowning at two, agitated men who ain't got laid in over a month.​

Red covered his face with a huge hand and let out a quiet 'Oh boy.' at that.

The barkeep was practically over the counter, frothing at the mouth. "I oughta cut yer damned head off--" He did, in fact, have a knife drawn and might have taken a swing if it weren't for one of the other customers holding him back.​

Red covered his face with a huge hand and let out a quiet 'Oh boy.' at that.

The barkeep was practically over the counter, frothing at the mouth. "I oughta cut yer damned head off--" He did, in fact, have a knife drawn and might have taken a swing if it weren't for one of the other customers holding him back.​
"Lower or upper? Your daughter might be very disappointed if you choose the former," Naoki countered, picking up his spear and gesturing to the door, "Perhaps we should go wait outside, Red. There seems to be a lot of tension in this room..."​

"Lower or upper? Your daughter might be very disappointed if you choose the former," Naoki countered, picking up his spear and gesturing to the door, "Perhaps we should go wait outside, Red. There seems to be a lot of tension in this room..."​

"Both!"

Hellboy stood up. "That might be smart." He walked out into the street, glares following him.​

"Both!"

Hellboy stood up. "That might be smart." He walked out into the street, glares following him.​
Naoki smirked as the man continued to rant and rave as they left, "Oh my, I never knew that a human could imitate an apple so perfectly~" Pulling out his brass key again, the oracle quickly got one final laugh as he began slamming the tavern door open and close once again for a few moments before growing bored with it.

"Well then, where would you like to go?" It seemed no place in particular stood out to the smaller of the duo, his eyes watching the passing people.​

Status
Not open for further replies.