A Fine Line (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Better not to waste our spells or ammunition on these... miscreants," Finishing his cup of ale, Naoki set it aside as he pulled his spear close, "If someone approaches us for a fight, I'd challenge them to a duel outside. If they accept, then I'll stand and go to open the door for them. Most people would take the offer thinking that I'm simply being humble and polite, but it's more because a spear tip to the back of the knee ends any thought of bothering someone again."

Back to Abyssal he went and out of it just as quickly, Naoki smiled as he waited to see if he would actually need to put his plan to work, "So here's to being partners, Mister Tiefling. Perhaps you'll tell me your name now?"​

"Could also get you into a heap of trouble with the guy's friends. Careful." Hellboy downed the last of his drink. "You can call me Red. I think I'll call you 'Heat Stroke.'"​

"Could also get you into a heap of trouble with the guy's friends. Careful." Hellboy downed the last of his drink. "You can call me Red. I think I'll call you 'Heat Stroke.'"​
"Sorry, I'm much too cool for that name. Naoki or Kashima will do," Naoki quipped back as he looked around the room, wondering when their other comrades and employer would come by, "And like I said, I'm a summoner. If the spear warning didn't work, then my familiar and a few extra allies will usually do it."​

"Sorry, I'm much too cool for that name. Naoki or Kashima will do," Naoki quipped back as he looked around the room, wondering when their other comrades and employer would come by, "And like I said, I'm a summoner. If the spear warning didn't work, then my familiar and a few extra allies will usually do it."​

"Point taken, Heat Stroke," He continued to poke at how overdressed the man was despite his name being given. "I'd have your back if things got out of hand, anyways."​

"Point taken, Heat Stroke," He continued to poke at how overdressed the man was despite his name being given. "I'd have your back if things got out of hand, anyways."​
"If it'll keep you from calling me that name any longer, I'll go ahead and say that I'm only wearing this for the moments when we're not among people we can trust," Naoki explained as he tugged at his cloak's hood and sleeves, honestly feeling ready to take it off as they spoke, "Once we're free of unwanted gazes, I'll feel at peace with removing it..."

"And thank you..." His eyes darted away from Hellboy, "It's been a long time since I could count on someone in that manner..."​

"If it'll keep you from calling me that name any longer, I'll go ahead and say that I'm only wearing this for the moments when we're not among people we can trust," Naoki explained as he tugged at his cloak's hood and sleeves, honestly feeling ready to take it off as they spoke, "Once we're free of unwanted gazes, I'll feel at peace with removing it..."

"And thank you..." His eyes darted away from Hellboy, "It's been a long time since I could count on someone in that manner..."​

"Fine, Naoki. Just be ready to catch me, when you do. I might swoon." The Tiefling frowned at the much smaller man. "No thanks needed. We're working together, and I'll be counting on you. Might as well make sure you can count on me, too."​

"Fine, Naoki. Just be ready to catch me, when you do. I might swoon." The Tiefling frowned at the much smaller man. "No thanks needed. We're working together, and I'll be counting on you. Might as well make sure you can count on me, too."​
"Catching you would mean I'd need a healing spell afterwards for my broken arms," Apparently, Naoki had no fear of getting punched through a wall, "And if we're to count on each other as a team, then I hope we can count on our partners being more reliable than when they're supposed to show up on time..."​

"Catching you would mean I'd need a healing spell afterwards for my broken arms," Apparently, Naoki had no fear of getting punched through a wall, "And if we're to count on each other as a team, then I hope we can count on our partners being more reliable than when they're supposed to show up on time..."​

Hellboy snickered and looked away at that, seeming to find it funny. "Fashionably late my ass. Gonna punch 'em through a wall if they don't show up soon."​

Hellboy snickered and looked away at that, seeming to find it funny. "Fashionably late my ass. Gonna punch 'em through a wall if they don't show up soon."​
"Fashionably late?" Naoki cocked a curious brow, "I didn't realize that I wasn't exactly on time. Seriously though, please do not needlessly punch our ally."​

"Fashionably late?" Naoki cocked a curious brow, "I didn't realize that I wasn't exactly on time. Seriously though, please do not needlessly punch our ally."​

The Tiefling looked at him with an even deeper frown. "Not you. The rest of our partners. And it wouldn't be needless. I'd feel better, after all."​

The Tiefling looked at him with an even deeper frown. "Not you. The rest of our partners. And it wouldn't be needless. I'd feel better, after all."​
"And if it was a sweet old lady who offered you healing and protection from demons?" Naoki inquired, wanting to gauge Red's response. That, or just stump him as a joke.​

"And if it was a sweet old lady who offered you healing and protection from demons?" Naoki inquired, wanting to gauge Red's response. That, or just stump him as a joke.​

He frowned more. "... Okay, maybe not then."​

He frowned more. "... Okay, maybe not then."​
"Beautiful young woman who likes guns like you do? Our employer? A handsome smartass summoner?"

Okay, now he was just dicking with Red.​

"Beautiful young woman who likes guns like you do? Our employer? A handsome smartass summoner?"

Okay, now he was just dicking with Red.​

"I'd let you talk to the beautiful girl. I'd never hit our employer. Though I'd consider hitting a certain summoner currently." He seemed to be joking?​

"I'd let you talk to the beautiful girl. I'd never hit our employer. Though I'd consider hitting a certain summoner currently." He seemed to be joking?​
He chuckled at the last part, "Don't worry, I'd consider that fair if you let me do the talking with the beautiful girl... Though only if I trust her like I trust you, Red."​

He chuckled at the last part, "Don't worry, I'd consider that fair if you let me do the talking with the beautiful girl... Though only if I trust her like I trust you, Red."​

"Trust me when I say few beautiful women want to talk to me. You won't have much competition on that front."​

"Trust me when I say few beautiful women want to talk to me. You won't have much competition on that front."​
"Depends on if they see and understand the brand first. If they do, no one's going to worry about me stealing women away."

"And I'm sure there's a woman out there who doesn't mind your looks. I bet a half-orc woman would appreciate all that muscle of yours."​

"Depends on if they see and understand the brand first. If they do, no one's going to worry about me stealing women away."

"And I'm sure there's a woman out there who doesn't mind your looks. I bet a half-orc woman would appreciate all that muscle of yours."​

He smirked at that last part. "Maybe. I don't have time for that, though. Got stuff to do."​

He smirked at that last part. "Maybe. I don't have time for that, though. Got stuff to do."​
"Well, depending on how you word it, a woman can be someone to do... Especially if it involves furious and vigorous exercise."​

"Well, depending on how you word it, a woman can be someone to do... Especially if it involves furious and vigorous exercise."​

That actually made Hellboy laugh, crass as the joke was. "You ain't half bad, Naoki."​

Status
Not open for further replies.