A Fight for Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is our job, that's what's the army is for. Don't do it for us. The warlord said taking his pack over the ox.

If you can keep up, you are welcome to follow mother earth's paths with us

Illyase nodded, although she knew she could keep up easily. She wasn't quick and light on her feet for nothing. She kept up the entire time, mostly paying attention to the area around the entire army. If something or someone was to come at them she'd be one of the first responders. But for the most part it was quiet and she was quiet.

It went through for another 2 days untils someone got close to the army. In all that time, the orcs marched in silence, or maybe singing chant to Father Sky and Mother Earth. Otherwise, they were silent and Buntuk looed like he as speting something.

After a couple of days, thoug, something appeared on the north, and as it approached everyone could see what it was: A rider and a Centaur

Illyase looked up at the people, and then looked around, whatever was happening next wasn't much her matter. She simply walked around and kept an eye on other sides. Illyase kept her eyes open and not only listened to the conversation that was going on up with Buntuk but an ear on every other sound.

There was nothing to hear other than chatter in orc, and horse's steps.
Once the raiders got there you could see the human had brougt 10 bars of gold, each one valued in 1 million gold coins, enough to feed the orcs for a time.

Hear me, Buntuk son of Gruumsh! I come in the name of Duch Lord Harongold, sir of all the Bull Duchy, to pay you the ransom for three things of him:
-His friend, Maester Roland Warchezca, prior of Duckin's priorate
-His Duchy, and the people within it, his mines and servants
-And his retainer. Lady Illayse.

Buntuk took the bars and put them in a chest on his ox.
Go with him, priest. And your Duchy will be free when we can get out of it.
As for the girl... She'll decide.
MOVE ON, PEOPLE!

That was everything he said before leaving, a smirk painted on his face: now they were armed and with enough to eat for a month. Ready to find a place of their own.

On the other side, the emmisarie got to Illyase help me take him out, mylady, so we can go away from this hellhole

Illyase barely even looked at him as she unsheathed one of her blades quietly walked a little ways and then stabbed him in the shoulder twisting it as she looked at him to speak. "You can tell that filthy mortal being that I will not be returning, and that he can no longer use me as his..." She growled, and then ripped her blade out from his wound and continued walking sheathing the blade once again. She looked up at the head of the orc pack, and then at the children. Silently questioning if it was safe for her to stick around, but being amongst other free slaves was the best choice for her.

For a couple of days you travelled with the orcs, eho were singing and celebrating as much as they could allow it.
Theese days the orcish leaders were a little less on you, and many tried to approach you with their rude but polite maners, seeking friendship and asking for the dark elves' nation and if they would have them as refugees.

Many children asked you from stories, too

Illyase wasn't much hell with the dark elf nation since she wasnt apart of it, but she was friendly towards them and managed to get along with many of them. She had told the children as many stories as she could while the traveled and could even be seen running around playing with them. On occasion she would sit with many of the little girls and let them undo her hair which was ankle length and do it up in many different braids.

After all, they got to a city, Horncrest, one of the last cities in the Empire, after wich now only little cities awaited before going out. Orcs camped alone, as they saw city gates get closed and entrenchments start.
the chldren wanted to go inside and explore the city, but they were totally forbiden.

Buntuk came over to her, that night. Come.

Illyase looked up at Buntuk from her spot watching the children sleep. Her hair was done up in a mass of tiny braids that looked different on her, but she was ok with it since it was the children's choice. She stood up and then followed Buntuk unsure of what was going on. Of course she would help if it was something he needed help with.

How are you settling in, Illyase? Or you have another name, now? He asked, sitting in front of his own tent. He has already given you your own tent, and ordered the other mothers to show you orc ways, but that had not happened yet.

"I still have the same name, and I'm settling in fine. The kids seem to love me." She said looking over her shoulder and then looking back at Buntuk she smiled slightly. "Is there something else you wanted besides knowing how I'm doing?" She asked sitting down.

Yes, in fact. Every merchant that's willing to sell us something is asking for four times the value of their wares. We have now enough money to get food, but not if we're charged that much. We need you to go do it for us, get the carts outside the city and the cyclops will carry them here. he said, taking one of the golden bars.
you up for it?

Illyase looked at him, "your asking me to do something like that, are you certain that they would give me a better deal?" She asked Buntuk and flicked several braids over her shoulder, and looked back over her shoulder at the children.

You pretty, and men humans are stupid with pretty things. Also you can say that if they don't do it we burn the city. He said shrugging.

Also they are not fighting your people.

Illyase looked at him, and then nodded. "I might not threaten them with the fire thing, but I know men well enough to know that a blade at their throat sometimes tends to be more convincing." Illyase looked towards the city, and then shrugged. "Sure why not, I'll just need a list of what is needed." She said and the leaned back until she fell on her back.

I thought that much. Ok, we need dried vegetables, and a little fresh ones. Meat is easy to hunt, but milk, cheese and things like that are important to children and we'd need a place to make them. He went on telling you what, how much and on what conditions and from who they needed things.
He looked a lot more happy and relieved

Illyase nodded, and then stood up. "Well if I am to do this then I might as well get some sleep now." She told him, and looked out over all of the other orcs, before starting to make her way to her tent. Illyase counted out the things they needed on her fingers, and then nodded slowly to herself.

Ok, when you're ready, go. he said.

Illyase woke in the morning and went into the city to get the things the orcs needed. She was down to the last thing when she got distracted by a small toy store. She looked into the store and thought about how she wouldn't be the only one to like some of the things here. Illyase dug into her own pocket for the small amount of spending money she had for herself which wasn't much... Illyase sighed slowly and then went to go collect that last thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.