A Fight for Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
From her place, Illyase was hidden from anyone, but still could see all over the forest. From her spot he could see Buntuk returning from the woods with an speared boar. It might have been attracted by the smell of blood, and now he had it from the tusks.
It passed you without turning to see you.

Illyase looked over the boar, she made a note to check if there was going to be any left after she cleaned up. Illyase walked out a little further till the water was up to her waist, and then proceeded to run water over her back. She may not have had soap, but letting the dirt run off of her felt better than nothing. She thought about what Buntuk would be keeping her around for as she occupied herself with washing up.

Illyase returned after washing up and with there being boar left over she took just enough for her since she didn't need to eat a whole lot. She then sat down quietly by herself near the edge of the encampment and stared out into the woods, mostly looking for disturbances.

Last edited:
But there were none. After fighting and moving out, there were little things the orcs wanted to do, so the campment started to get dried out of people. Only the eldest and the people in charge remained.
Buntuk chose to go around where you were. he sat by your side, and then he layed by your side, looking the encampment, his head resting on his fist.

Illyase looked over at him and then back at the trees. She knew nobody was coming but she had been trained to keep watch. "Why keep me around you? I mean in your tent, is there a reason behind it?" She asked. Just sitting next to him anybody could tell that she was small compared to him. Her structure was tiny next to his.

You're pretty. I like pretty things. He said not looking at her, his eyes fixed on the emcampment. THis is pretty too. Life. True life, not like life in the mines. Not the lives they could take: our life.

Illyase looked over at him. "I get that I'm pretty but I'm also dangerous if you provoke me." She then turned in her spot. "It must be hard for all of you.. Trying to fight to get your brothers out of there..."

That makes four of us. He said with a grinn that looked even worse after having seen him eat humans. WE can't do it. he said. they're too many to move or feed together. That's harder. Knowing that i'm letting them die it's worst than just fighting and keeping up with everything. he was angry, but not only with the others, with him, with humans, with everything.
how are the steel men's homes?

"Human homes? Well the amount of them that I managed to get into with ease they aren't very indestructible.. Made with bricks most of them so very easy to knock down." Illyase looked back at the tree lines. She huffed and pulled from the small bag she had on her back a shirt that was loose compared to the one she had on. She changed her shirts and then stared down at the teddy bear that was sitting in her bag. "Your people aren't as hard headed as lots of us are lead to believe... Just as much as an assassin like me is drawn to childish things such as stuffed animals." She pulled the teddy bear from her bag, and held it in her hands running hers thumbs over its face.

I meant, what's inside. He asked, not giving much mind at others talling him how his culture was.

"Oh inside.. Just beds, cooking supplies, just standard things humans need, and then the things they want." Illyase shoved her other shirt into her bag and then layed down curling up facing Buntuk, wrapping her arms tightly around the teddy bear as she fell asleep.

Let's go to the tent. he said, lifting and walking out. He felt curious of the things humans wanted.
He went over the tent, here Mulha was chanting to herself, sitting next to her ox. His ox was also there and he gave you lots of leather covers so you could sleep.
We march at dawn.

Illyase nodded, and then looked down at the covers. "Wait am I sleeping in there?" She asked looking at the tent. She still wasn't sure what Buntuk considered her.

Be honored. He said, he covered himself with a fur and slept closed to his ox.

Illyase blinked several times before going in and curling up with the teddy bear against her. She slept lightly, like she always did, she was a natural protector and would wake at any sudden noise that didn't seem right to her. Throughout her sleep she had unusual dreams, dreams that had to do with the orcs around her, and about herself.

Snorts of oxes and feet around the tent woke her in the middle of the night. There was nothing amiss besides that, and the night was cold, but she wasn't cold thanks to the furs she was given.
The other two orcs she was sharing her tent with were fully sleeped, and their oxen with them. Curiously, the orcs seemed to have a great love to those animals

When morning came Illyase was the first up, she was also out of the tent and was putting on her original shirt, and replacing many of her weapons in their spots when she heard someone come up behind her causing her to jump and spin around.

But no one was there. Was it her imagination?
As soon as she raised, the other two did as well, like if they had been sleeping uneasy as her. As soon as they got up, they prepared and started to pack everything

Illyase finished preparing herself and then looked around and then walked over to Buntuk. "Where to now?" She asked curiously, and clicked her blade sheaths around her waist looking up at him.

You can go wherever you like. I'll go south. To the border of Heresh, where we are respected, and from there... it depends. Maybe to the silver cities, maybe to the sea, to find one of the unclaimed islands to make our home in there. he said not looking at you, as it was his accostumed way.
What will you do, child?

"To be honest Buntuk you need all the help you can get, and someone needs to look after the children and mothers while on the move." Illyase looked back over the children, and then back up at Buntuk. "That is if you still want to keep me around."

Status
Not open for further replies.