a field of lavender and violets (plots, pairings, and fandoms)

lxngdon

space is a void and it's all in my head
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, High School, Historical Fiction

lxngdon's request thread

original.gif

i'm looking for two or three partners. pm me if you're interested

about me

source.gif
➳ I am nineteen years old, I live in Australia, I'm almost finished with my first year of university, and I have a part time job. I'm also in a relationship and we go out every few days/once a week. But with that said, I love writing, so I can promise you at LEAST one high-quality post per day. If that's not possible, I will let you know in advance.​
➳ I am a highly advanced, competent and fluent writer. Writing is my passion. I can promise you detail, emotion and passion in my work.​
➳ I can match your post length, but I usually do large posts, ranging between four and ten large paragraphs.​
I will only use realistic face claims. No anime or cartoons/drawings.
➳ I prefer to make character sheets before we begin. Mine are always very detailed but I don't expect the same level of detail from you.​
➳ I don't do smut. Sorry, I'm just not interested.​
➳ I can play individuals anywhere on the gender spectrum.​
➳ I can also do any sexuality.​
➳ I don't particularly like talking OOC on Iwaku, I just find that it's quite slow. If we get into the groove of things I'd like to start talking on WhatsApp or Kik but this is flexible.​
➳ But I will only do IC roleplaying on this site. I can do either thread or PM, but I would much prefer PM.​
➳ I am very friendly! If you need to drop the roleplay or take a break for whatever reason, I will completely and totally understand. Please don't ever be afraid to tell me what's on your mind.​
➳ I'm also here to find friends. I'd like to establish a friendly repertoire with you if we instigate a roleplay. So, feel free to talk to me about anything -- your fandoms, what you ate for breakfast this morning. Friendship is important to me, and so I hope I can build one with you.​
➳ My musical preferences include: Panic! At the Disco, the 1975, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Nothing but Thieves, The Neighbourhood, Pale Waves, this really lovely piano player named Joep Beving, Billie Eilish, and Harry Styles' solo music.​
➳ My book fandoms are: Harry Potter, the Shadowhunters universe, Twilight, Rainbow Rowell books, and Coraline.​
➳ Movie/TV show fandoms: American Horror Story, Hemlock Grove, RuPaul's Drag Race, Coraline, Orange is the New Black, Skins, Avatar: The Last Airbender and many more.​

about you

tenor.gif
➳ I would like a semi-frequent poster. If you could post every day that would be absolutely brilliant, but I understand that life gets in the way and inhibits posting. So, I'm happy with one post every two or three days.
Please be competent with the English language, and please be an adept writer. I would prefer descriptive posts with an average length of four or five paragraphs. I want emotion. I want to feel what your character is feeling. I may ask for a writing sample, and I'll be more than willing to respond with one of my own.
➳ If something comes up, though, just let me know! I'll do the same when I get busy or if I can't reply. I would appreciate it if you know you're not going to be able to respond for a while, you let me know.
➳ If you're disinterested in the plot, just let me know! We can try something else or just drop entirely. I'm drop-friendly. Please just don't ghost me.
➳ Please be polite and respectful.
➳ I would appreciate if we can both make detailed character sheets beforehand.
➳ Please contribute to plotting! I'm not opposed to steering the plot but I don't want to write by myself.
➳ I would love to actually make friends here, so if you're the kind of roleplayer who chats a lot OOC, we're definitely going to be compatible.

plots

original.gif
PLOT ONE
Genre: modern, horror, drama, mystery
Pairing: a small group
Gender combination: any
Notes: I want this to have severla mains
When this group of friends decided to spend a night in the haunted house on the outskirts of their town, they didn't think they would face any harm. But the house is filled with horror and mystery -- and malevolent spirits who are angry that they have been disturbed. They spend their night, and leave the place absolutely horrified. But the last thing they expected was for the spirits to follow them home.
➳ So I would prefer a group of maybe six here, but I'm willing to go down on that number.
➳ We could even have one of the characters die -- it's not required, but we could have them come back to life later, so it oculd cause lots of drama.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLOT TWO
Genre: modern; adventure; exploration; romance (optional)
Pairing: a historian and an archaeologist
Notes: I have different preferred roles depending on gender -- I would either like to play a female historian or a male archaeologist.
Deep in the jungles of Peru lies a temple, left behind by the mysterious culture of the ancient Incans. The University of London has just secured funding to explore this temple, and they have hired the best in the field to do so. Muse A is an archaeologist, who has explored remnants of ancient civilisation across the world, and Muse B is a doctor of history, filled to the brim with knowledge about the world and with motivation to discover more.
This dynamic duo are sent to Peru to explore, only to find that the temple is harder to access than they originally thought. And when they get in, they find something that makes them wish they had never accepted the job in the first place.
➳ So what they find can be discussed further -- maybe it's a curse? Maybe it's just something real scary like a hidden ancient population? That's up to us.
➳ They can maybe have to complete a bunch of puzzles or something to get in
➳ Maybe their plane is stranded in a neighbouring country? There can be lots of little hurdles to overcome here.
➳ Romance isn't required for this plot.
PLOT THREE
Genre: historical fiction, romance, adventure
Pairing: Ancient Greek peasant x Greek deity or demigod
Notes: I would probably prefer to play the mortal, and a female, but I'm flexible here.
Ancient Greece. Centuries before the birth of the Common Era, and Muse A is but a humble peasant in a small village bordering the famed Mount Olympus. When foraging on the outskirts of their village for food, they find a wounded animal who they decide to nurse back to health. Only to find that the animal in question is one of their romantic deities, fallen from Olympus out of disgrace.
➳ So, this deity could be a full god, like Poseidon, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc (excluding Zeus obviously), or a demigod (the child of a god and a human)
➳ Said god or godly parent is entirely up to us when we plot
➳ The reason they've fallen/been outlawed and punished (as a demigod wouldn't fall) is also entirely up to us!
➳ Since Ancient Greece was rad and hecka liberal we could easily have a same sex pairing here
PLOT FOUR
Genre: historical, historical fantasy, mystery, drama, romance
Pairing: witch x villager/government officlal
Gender combination: M x F
Notes: I'm flexible on who I play here but if I had a preference it would be A.
➳ Witchcraft is an ancient practice, passed from mother to daughter, generation to generation. Those who possess the ability are gifted with altruistic, powerful abiltiies. They can heal others, both physically and emotionally. They can cast spells to mend items and tame animals. They can brew potions to enhance the health of others. A dark witch can cast nasty curses, but the vast majority of witches are kind and good-hearted. They want to help others. They want to make the world a better place.
Unfortunately, the church has a tendency to vilify anything less than entirely godly. Hence, in 1693, the Salem Witch Trials began and Muse A is in danger. As a witch, she has all aforementioned abilities, and she is paranoid that she will be caught. She is doing everything she can to keep her abilities in check. However, her own mother died when she was young and she had no one to teach her how to control her powers. So, it is highly possible that she could reveal her powers in front of the wrong people.
Course A: Muse B is a fellow villager, who has been in love with Muse A for years. In this great time of stress, he has made it is personal mission to ensure she is safe. She is afraid of this because she worries about revealing her powers. And he does eventually find out. But he swears to keep her safe.
Course B: Muse B is an official in Salem (a lawyer, the priest, etc) who doesn't approve of the trials that are taking place. In fact, he loathes them, because he knows murder is wrong. So when he is interrogating Muse A, and she lets slip of her powers, he decides to keep her safe. Even if it could cost him his life.
➳ So obviously this could go both courses. Let me know what you like better!
➳ If you've read The Crucible that could help but it's not a necessity
PLOT FIVE
Genre: modern, action, spies, mystery, thriller
Pairing: spy x spy
Notes: n/a
➳ The Greyworth Agency is an international espionage ring -- a top-secret group of highly skilled, elite spies, hired by the wealthy to carry out dangerous missions. Muse A and Muse B are two of the best known, best skilled, and most renowned spies in the agency. When an international threat emerges, which seems to be coming from inside the government, they are paired up to solve the mystery, before it is too late.
➳ I think it would be interesting if the mystery was environment-themed
➳ It could also work with one muse being a top spy and the other being a rookie
PLOT SIX
Genre: modern fantasy or historical fantasy
Pairing: no particular pairing
Notes: n/a
➳ Muse A unknowingly drinks a love potion, and subsequently, falls in love with Muse B.
➳ This is a very simple prompt, but we could go in a lot of ways with it, with different settings and contexts.
➳ Maybe one or both of them is already in a committed relationship.
➳ Maybe this love potion forces Muse A to realise that they're gay.
➳ Maybe it's a forbidden romance and them being together is very risky. There's so much we could do with this.
PLOT SEVEN
Genre: modern, modern fantasy, superheroes, drama
Pairing: superhero x partner
Notes: my preferred role depends on gender, but I don't really mind
➳ Muse A is a superhero, who recently obtained their powers accidentally, but who has decided to use their abilities to help reduce crime in the city. However, they are in a serious relationship with Muse B, and they are struggling with keeping their new powers and identity a secret. And with Muse B growing increasingly suspicious, their relationship is on the line. Can Muse A come clean before it is too late?
➳ For drama, we could have Muse B find out because they get kidnapped and Muse A has to save them.
PLOT EIGHT
Genre: modern, horror, drama, mystery
Pairing: friend x friend or partner x partner -- could also use multiple pairings
Notes: I would honestly prefer to double here
➳ A road trip, an opprtunity for adventure. When this group of friends set out for their destination on their summer break, they didn't expect that a quick detour to an infamously haunted area would put their lives in danger.
➳ So this is prompt is quite often but there is a lot we could do with it. Maybe it's an ancient native burial ground, or maybe it's full of evil monsters who want to kill. Maybe they're trapped, or maybe they get out but they're followed. There's so much we could do with this.
➳ I would prefer a small group here -- cause for lots of drama. We could double, or play three mains each.
PLOT NINE
Genre: modern, horror, dystopia
Pairing: survivor x survivor -- doubling
Notes: Doubling is required here
➳ Muse A and Muse B are siblings, who live on other sides of the country. When the country becomes infested with mysterious spirits, who cause anyone who looks at them to immediately commit suicide, Muse A and Muse B are desperate to reunite. They must meet in the middle, where a safe haven has been founded. But to do so, they must find a way to move without being killed. They both decide to make the journey with companions. And, absolutely, companionship is needed in such dire circumstances.
➳ So, Muses C and D are people who Muses A and B travel with -- they could have met them at the start of the apocalypse situation, or maybe, they already knew each other. Either way, A and C and B and D will be the romantic couples.
➳ The premise of this was inspired by the Netflix movie Bird Box, so if you've seen that it will help understand what I'm thinking of, but it's not required.
PLOT TEN
➳ Genre: futuristic, slight sci-fi
➳ Pairing: rich x poor
➳ Gender combination: any
➳ Notes: I don't mind who I play here!
➳ In the future, time is the new currency. Every person is born with a year on the clock built into their wrist, but they cannot use that year until they turn twenty five. At that age, their clock starts and their time starts ticking down. The rich can live forever. But the poor struggle, living day to day, always worrying where they'll find more time to keep them alive.
Muse A is the child of wealthy businesspeople, with a century on their clock, and no idea of how the other half live whatsoever. Muse B struggles every day, sometimes ticking down to hours, and works odd jobs to pay the bills and keep himself afloat. When they meet, Muse A is shocked to see how Muse B lives. So, the two decide to try and take down the system, redistributing the time by taking from the rich and giving to the poor.
➳ This is based on the movie In Time, if you've seen it.
PLOT ELEVEN
➳ Genre: high fantasy, medieval setting, dragons, drama
➳ Pairing: dragon rider x dragon rider
➳ Gender combination: any
➳ Notes: we could potentially make this a doubling situation, by having the dragons be able to turn into humans, making more characters.
➳ In the world of Truiviel, the bond between a dragon and their rider is sacred and unbreakable. And it is the highest honor to win the Tournament of Draconis -- a legendary competition in which riders and dragons from all over the world combine to compete in a series of tasks. Muse A comes from a long lineage of dragon riders, and their father was a winner of the Tournament. Muse B, however, is the only rider in their tiny village, and they have a lot to prove. When they meet, worlds will collide. But can something beautiful come out of the debris of that collision?
➳ Lots of opportunity for worldbuilding here!

pairings

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f75657247354a53686952504e43513d3d2d3635383638333232342e313536613761393930373363643636643639373733373530303830302e676966
[ Italics means I am craving this pairing
Underline means I would prefer this role ]
SLICE OF LIFE
high school/college romance (something grungy, something angsty)
➳ something set in new york, some sort of strained romance that ends up being really sweet
➳ any sort of grungy romance you'd hear in a 1975 or Lana Del Rey song honestly, I'm not looking for pure fluff here
MODERN FANTASY
something Coraline-eqsue. Not with the actual characters, since they're children, but maybe something sort of based on the idea.
➳ vampire x human
➳ werewolf x human
➳ werewolf x vampire
➳ demigod x demigod
➳ demigod x human
➳ disney child x disney child
➳ the alphas of opposing werewolf packs
a group of dumb kids go into the haunted house that borders their town.
HISTORICAL FICTION
Ancient Greece
➳ royal x commoner
➳ arranged marriage
➳ god x human
➳ demigod x human
➳ god x god
➳ Medieval Europe (400 - 1400 BCE)
➳ royal x commoner
➳ vampires or werewolves
➳ Salem witch trials-like
arranged marriage
➳ anything really, I love this time frame
➳ Victorian England
➳ high society young man x working class young girl
➳ vampires or werewolves
➳ again anything I love this era

fandoms

39e80791c9df20f1-steam-community-tired.gif
These are unfortunately the only fandoms I will roleplay, but they are not the only pairings I am open to at all! Just suggest something and I'll tell you if I'm interested. More than willing to double.
[ Italics means I am craving this pairing
Underline means I would prefer this role ]
HARRY POTTER
➳ Draco x Hermione
➳ Draco x OC
➳ Newt x OC
➳ Harry x OC
Luna x OC
➳ Tom Riddle x OC
THE SHADOWHUNTERS BOOKS
➳ OC x OC
➳ Jace x OC
➳ Simon x OC
➳ Isabelle x OC
Will x OC
Jem x OC
➳ Tessa x OC
➳ Jessamine x OC
➳ Tiberius x OC
TWILIGHT
➳ OC x OC
➳ Edward x OC
Jasper x OC
Jane x OC
➳ Alec x OC
Rosalie x OC
Paul x OC
➳ Seth x OC
Wolf x object of imprinting
SKINS (UK)
(I will love you forever if you do a Skins roleplay with me)
Tony x OC
➳ Cassie x OC
➳ Effy x OC
➳ Freddie x OC
Cook x OC
➳ JJ x OC
➳ Mini x OC
Rich x OC
Or, we could create our own pack of kids!
HEMLOCK GROVE
Roman x OC
➳ Peter x OC
GOSSIP GIRL
➳ Blair x OC
➳ Jenny x OC
➳ Chuck x OC
➳ Or we could do a Gossip Girl-inspired RP with our own OCs

I hope to hear from you soon

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: iratze and junebug
fandoms edited

more pairings added

updated with non-fandom pairings

updated with historical fiction pairings

Still looking!

updated with three more plots!

still looking! really craving something twilight-y

Okay, I really enjoyed reading all six plots and now having a hard time chosing a favorite. 🥴 I guess it's between plots one, three, and five.

Okay, I really enjoyed reading all six plots and now having a hard time chosing a favorite. 🥴 I guess it's between plots one, three, and five.
Hey! Five is off the table at the moment but the other two are up for grabs, shoot me a PM! And I'd also appreciate it if you sent me a writing sample.

Hey! Five is off the table at the moment but the other two are up for grabs, shoot me a PM! And I'd also appreciate it if you sent me a writing sample.
Alright, I cannot seem to start a conversation with you? I don't know if it is my computer or the site, but it will not allow me. If it isn't a problem, could you message me until I figure this out?

Hello there! I just got done reading your RT and can I just say I freaking love it? Purple is one of my favorite colors and your thread is just so pretty and informative! I would love to start a roleplay with you. I liked several of your plots and many of your pairings but I'll only really mention the plots I liked and the one pairing I am dying to do since it's so hard to find someone who actually wants to Dramione! I really like plot three, four, and five. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! Oh, and if you need a writing sample, I'm sure I can write something up for you. Oh! And I was going to try and pm you but I don't know if I'm unable to send pms or if I'm just being dumb right now, but I couldn't seem to pm you for some reason.

plots edited

spy plot added

updated with EIGHT new plots!

Plot 7 (Superhero/Partner) sounds interesting. Would I be able to do a female partner?

still on the hunt -- craving Harry Potter, Twilight, and the plots listed

bump because I am CRAVING anything to do with Disney characters

bump -- still on the hunt!