A Farewell to Charps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Myrnodyn

Original poster
I Joined Iwaku when it was relatively small. A dying community of likeminded individuals that cared about improving their writing and having fun while at it. I've seen Iwaku grow from a small community into a bustling city of an RP site that's doing very well for their non-profit approach to things, and I'm very proud to say I've had a small part in making the site this big and apparently well loved. For what I can only guess was 7 years, this site has been my home, my family, and in some respects even my lover. But all good things come to an end eventually.

Lately, I've been feeling out of place of sorts, I haven't done any proper roleplaying in a while, and while I previously enjoyed the chats and the general forums, a few less then enjoyable experiences here and there have left a rather sour taste in my mouth. It could be me... It could be the general trend this forum has been heading in for the last couple of years... Most likely it is both, and I'm just finally realizing it is time that I moved on to other (Perhaps not bigger or better, but other...) things.

Emotionally, I've not been very stable as of late, and most of it has to do with stress gained from Iwaku. Leaving Iwaku, a site I've loved and given my all for for several long years now, feels like removing a lung... but if a lung is unhealthy for you to keep in your body, you need to remove it. I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried for half an hour after coming to this conclusion, I don't hate Iwaku, it's leadership, or roleplaying, it's just emotionally healthier if I move on.

The people I love... (you know who you are) are always free to harass me on skype or any other way of communication.

Goodbye Iwaku, Remember to have fun, that's what it's all about!

I'D SAY GOODBYE BUT I'M STILL GOING TO SEE YOU. ;_______; We'll miss having you here regularly Myyyrn.

Thanks for the good times.

Myrn, you were the first person to reach out to me back when I was still new to Iwaku, almost two years ago. I will never forget that feeling of inclusion, of acceptance. You made me immediately feel welcome and I appreciate you so much for it.

So it saddens me deeply to know that you, yourself, no longer feel welcome. But, I think I understand.

I hope you come back to visit. Either way, I know we'll stay in touch on Skype, but Iwaku won't be the same without you! <3

May the wind be ever in your sails, friend.

j7z0hz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.