A Fantasy Game Gone Wrong [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrr, why are you pointing that out? i never mentioned anything about being a beta tester....

@Dinorocket I'm sorry, but I'm left somewhat dumbfounded after your first post. Why does he live in a shack? Why is he so poor? Why the hell is there a mysterious man in a Mao suit giving him the game, telling him to finish it as a sort of task or mission? Enigmatic is one thing, but all I see is an exaggerated racial stereotype that is nothing more than offensive. I fail to see how that's appropriate for this RP, which as far as I know, is not supposed to be based off of wacky parody characters. Would you care to explain your train of thought?

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
@Deshwitat "Arthur who had never played a VR game" I think he was referring to this. While it's in fact completely correct, it implies that there has been other VR games, when Fortune Fantasy is supposed to be the first one. The part about the BETA testers was just to point out that they are the only ones who have tried VR before the events of this RP, and that it therefore shouldn't be considered something unusual.

• Thank You
lol fine fine =P

And your job is more or less what you did afterwards. Correcting things and what not. Still messing is fine too.

I can see where you are coming from. Well, first this isn't where he lives, if that were the case I probably would have mentioned a bed, and what not. As for the subject of food, well sometimes you don't have good things in stock, sadly this was one of those times. Maybe he was just being frugal with the cash, and not wanting to spend it on more expensive fair. As for the individual, well, Virtual Reality MMOs are a brand new thing, and Yong was trusted to see what he can from it. Basically it is a kind of reconnaissance, to learn from the inside of the game, and see how it plays. Does it work smoothly? How are the interfaces like? Etc. You can learn a lot of things from the game itself by playing it, and they felt that Yong was the proper man for the job.

I'm really sorry if I gave off the wrong impression, I didn't mean to give off something like that. I can edit some stuff in the post if you want, to help clear up confusions and misunderstandings.

Again I am really sorry that was the impression it gave you, and I hope not to do that again.

Why is he there if it is not where he lives, and why was this not explained? Who are 'they', and why are 'they' giving him a copy of the game?

I agree partly with both of you. @Dinorocket please put more time into your post and make it well thought out. There is no limit to how much you write per post so please expand on what you wrote and make sure to fill in details. If you can't post it all at one time you can always write it out little by little throughout the day if you only have little chunks of time or write it all when you have a good amount of free time. I would prefer a post a day but the quality is more important.

Regardless, good work everyone! I really like some of the posts that I have seen.

Well, Virtual Reality MMOs are a rather new thing, and I am sure that many Gaming Corporations would love to learn about the game, in order to produce their own version of it. Rivals exist throughout the corporate world, and well, they love to learn what rival companies are up to. Yong, has been trusted by such a corporation to examine the game for all useful things for future research and development.

@NorwayFOO Oh? There is no limit per post? Yeah, I'll keep that in mind for the future. I wouldn't like misunderstandings such as this to happen again.

I feel like that's an important detail which should have been explained in the CS. Why would this Gaming Corporation hire Yong? Has he had a former position withing the company? And why does a company, which I'm assuming deals with the free market because that's kind of what companies do, wear Mao suits, who was the leader of a communist party?

To be fair, there isn't a Bio section in the CS. I don't think that would be part of his personality either.

• Thank You
That would be more or less my fault. I didn't have anyone add a bio...

OK! Everyone, in your first post please make sure to give us a good amount back ground info that you might have added in your bio!

Edit: Yes like @Rancealot said

In hindsight, yeah I probably should have put it in the character sheet. (Although to be fair there was no "bio" section where I would have put this) But, I felt that would remove part of the fun. I mean, having a guy hired by the corporation to examine the game seemed like it would be a better detail in secret. But ah, the other questions. Well, the individual who wears the Mao Suit, likes Mao Suits. They have all sorts of pockets for storing stuff, which is why he uses it. When he goes out to deals he typically uses a Westernized Suit, but for this occasion, where he is dealing just inside the company, he figured he could wear a Mao Suit. But as for Yong, he has quite a bit of experience in the gaming scene, and he has held various positions in this corporation for sometime. Due to the fact he was a trusted employee, is fairly knowledgeable about gaming from a corporate and player perspective, they thought he'd be best to have him play it.

To be fair, there isn't a Bio section in the CS. I don't think that would be part of his personality either.

Aha, very important point! There is no 'Bio' section in the CS, so why would you spend time writing stuff up that obviously needs to be explained in a bio?

Ok ok, I'm going to put an end to this.

No there wasn't a Bio section so Dino is right to not have posted anything in his CS. However Lady is also right, he should have put a little more detail in his first post. No he doesn't have to let another character know about it, it would just help make this story read better and I would like it if @Dinorocket added a little more into your first post that you have written here.

@NorwayFOO, oh, I just did a bio sheet. I imagine you still want that up right? And yeah, I'll edit the first post to add more details and what not to it.

@Dinorocket Bio was unnecessary but much appreciated and yes more details please. I absolutely love the details! Thanks for being a good sport about this whole thing.

With my character never playing a VR is more of him not knowing it was the first VR, as i introduced him as a sheltered person. Heck the only other game console he had was a playstation 2 XD

@Deshwitat Well there was never really any larger issue with it. It's explainable and understandable, but there was also a small room for confusion, which is why I think NorwayFoo felt like he needed to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.