A Fantasy Game Gone Wrong [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Deshwitat
Since you have contributed so much to this thread I will expect a character sheet from you now >=]

@Adore Delano
Tanks are made to take all the damage. Its a heavily armored unit that usually uses a large shield and normally has an ability or two that changes a monsters agro onto himself. For example in most games a DPS is a light armor unit whom can dish out a lot of damage in a short amount of time however a DPS can not take on a bunch of enemies at one time because he has very little defensive ability. To solve this you get a tank in your party. The tank uses an ability that attracts the monsters attack off of the DPS so the DPS can take them out without worrying about being attacked. The healer is a supportive character that typically fights from long range. This is for multiple reasons, one s/he can easily keep track of their team which makes healing and buffing at the right time far easier and two it is the safest spot in a fight.

When I get a team I typically go for one tank, two melee DPS, one range DPS and one supportive player. The tank tanks while the two melee DPS characters work together to dish out damage and protect the Tanks flank (normally that's a tanks weak spot). They also almost always plenty of AOE (area of effect) damage (meaning they can hit multiple enemy's) which is useful when clearing area's. The range DPS normally also has a few AOE abilities but the majority of their skills focus on one enemy. The range DPS is to focus on taking down stray opponents, stronger opponents, and protecting the support so the support can continue to save lives.

The character you made was a mix of a tank and a DPS. It dishes out a good amount of damage and can also play the role of a tank. If a character like that is on your team it can end up being difficult for a party to operate and makes the supports job much harder considering they would have to heal more. However it does make clearing levels much quicker because the tank can also do some damage.

@Lady Bernkastel
That laugh was creepy...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
User Name: Arthas
Real Life Name: Arthur Westfield.
Age: 18, was about to turn 19 a week from the day everything changed.
Class: Paladin. (Tank-has no abilities that arent used while in combat)
Weapon: A sword and a shield.
Skills: (Max amount 10- Min amount 1)
  • Skill 1: Holy ground - A AOE attack in which the Paladin blesses the ground, dealing damage over time to any opponents within.
  • Skill 2: Divine Guardian - Redirects damage on allies to the Paladin.
  • Skill 3: Aura of Retribution - Harms enemies if they hit allies instead of the Paladin(works only if said Allies are within the holy ground).
  • Unlocked later on.
Personality: Arthur is the kind of guy you can rely on when it comes to most things, he is level headed and will rarerly be aggresive. Other than that he likes to help others and just happened to become a tank so that others woudn't have to put their lives on the line as long as he is around. He is also a werry cuddly person and can often be compared to a dog, some even calling him goldy (like a golden retriver) due to this behaviour.
Appearance:
Saverfull974020-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Deshwitat
Accepted! (Although please make sure you reread your posts.)
He is also a werry cuddly person and can often be compared to a dog, some even calling him goldy (like a golden retriver) due to this behaviour...
and his hair... =P

Anyways its time to get the IC up thanks to Deshwitat! This RP is still open to others so if you would like to join just put in a CS and wait to be accepted.

Your CS really, just a couple spelling errors and typos. Honestly the CS doesn't really mater but when you post in the IC try to keep it at a minimum.

Hope I'm not too late!
User Name: Papa Gigante
Real Life Name: Pedro Leyenda
Class: Bandit
Weapon: Broadsword
An everyday wooden shield, he keeps this on his back however, preferring to roll through attacks.
Skills:
  • Skill 1: Rolling - Instead of a traditional sword and board tank, Pedro got good at rolling through enemy attacks with his I-frames.
  • Skill 2: Taunt: - While he doesn't talk, his gestures are more than enough to draw his enemies attention.
  • Skill 3: Alchemy (Limited) - Only able to make his strange orange liquid, has to be by a sizable fire, such as a bonfire. Can only refill his flask, not make new ones.
  • Skill 4: Silent and Deadly - Papa Gigante is able to cast his abilities without saying a word. (Unique Passive)
Personality: Who knows what expressions lie behind the mask. Whether or not he knows you language, he never talks, preferring to use gestures to communicate with allies. Papa Gigante is the first to charge into battles, and ends his battles walking up to his defeated enemies, merely shrugging or spreading his arms wide, as if to ask "Well, what is it?"
Appearance:
Cover.png
Extra/Potion: Using his trusty orange flask, he can heal himself a good amount. Downside being he has to stay still for the duration, and can only be used a small number of times.

@Rancealot
Ok so first off the sword you are using will be a special weapon. AKA a rare drop so you are not to start out with it. You can start out with the shield but you need to come up with a way to enchant it. You have 3.5 skills in use right now and the max for starting out is 3 so you must lock one of them. Or, since your self heal can be considered a potion, you can take that away and just be a potion user. As of right now we don't really need a tank, since we have a pure tank and a sub tank though you are more than welcome to be one as well. It will just make for an interesting group...

Masks would be considered costumes and aren't something you start out with. You may want to... get another picture and keep that one for later on, or have a delayed jump in. (AKA you don't start roleplaying until the first boss is beat that way we can meet you when you have your mask.)

Sorry for being really picky with your CS but at least your still not as much work as @Lady Bernkastel =P

Since you said he had to lock one of his abilities should i do the same?

Good catch, yes you do. You have 4 and the max is 3. I can't believe I didn't notice that... But thank you @Deshwitat

No problem, I can make that work, give me a bit. I just would want to keep the in the mask as I really couldn't find a face I wanted to use, oh well though. Could I still use a regular Zweihander or go for a different weapon entirely?

I sort of assumed you could start with four as you had written out four, but no biggie.

@Rancealot
If you want you can use a different mask to start out with. Like a plane cloth mask or something so your face is still hidden before going out and buying the one you posted.

I would go with a normal sword to start out with. Though I will make sure your character is rewarded a Zweihadner fairly quickly so don't worry about that too much. Or if you want you could find it in a dungeon before you meet the group. I could see your character being a solo character in all honesty, it wouldn't be too surprising for us to meet you around lvl 5 (which is about the right level for a solo dungeon raid)
@Deshwitat
Yeah I wrote 4 out but if you read everything that I posted while trying to get @Lady Bernkastel situated you would see the 3 skills cap and that non-combat skills only count for .5 Sorry for the confusion <.>

Last edited:
I could roll with that, I'm going to add my potion in an extra section to explain my limited alchemy.

First off I have selected a CoGM! Its non other than this threads trouble maker, @Lady Bernkastel! Her word is one step under mine! Even though she holds such a position please only message me with complaints. Please follow our lead in this RolePlay and make sure you play off of our posts. We will be working very hard to thrown in twists and keep this RP interesting!

Just so you all know, none of your characters are going to be BETA testers! Just a heads up.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-fantasy-game-gone-wrong.50774/

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
If I'm not too late, I'm going to try and get in on this.

User Name: DarkedgeLord
Real Life Name: Julie Yin
Class: Spell Blade (Supposed to be close range DPS, but more useful as backrow support)
Weapon: Great Sword (Has barely enough strength to wield it)
Skills:
  • [Unique Skill] Berserk Mode: A special enchantment that lasts for 2 minutes. The user's health and mana get fully restored. The user's max HP, max MP, strength, speed, attack speed, and endurance are all increased. After the 2 minutes are up, the user's HP is halved and they cannot move for half a minute. [Can only be used once every hour, and the user must kill at least 1 thing every day in order to use it] [Locked]
  • Blood Oath: The user can sacrifice their own HP to give to a target. [20 mana]
  • Dark Flame Sword: An enchantment spell that works on sword users. A black flame engulfs the sword. The user's attack speed is increased slightly, and attacks with the sword deal extra darkness damage along with its normal damage. [50 mana must be maintained as long as the spell is active]
  • Dark Edge Attack: The user slams the ground sending a shockwave toward their opponent which deals darkness damage. [10 mana]
  • Demon Blast: The user shoots a ball of dark energy at the target. In-game flavor text states it is "the attack that will destroy the world." [50 mana] [Locked]
  • Dark-Demon-of-the-Ultimate-Shadow Slice: The user swings their sword and a wave of dark energy is emitted from the edge dealing damage to anything caught in the wave. [Locked]
  • Black Chains of the Underworld: Locks the target in their place for 5 seconds each chain. If the chains are stricken, the target takes darkness damage in addition to damage of the actual attack. [Locked]
  • Blood Magic: The user is capable of using HP should their MP bar be fully depleted. [Locked]
  • Blood Shocker: Shoots an orb of darkness toward the target. The target is dealt a small amount of damage and also becomes confused. [Locked]
  • Demon Follower Dark Phantom: Summons a phantasmal image which protects the user and stands by their side. Only one can be used at a time. [Locked]
Personality: While in character, she acts dark and brooding. She will walk with an exaggeratedly seductive strut and forces an alto voice. Outside of character, which she acts like more often, Julie is shy, nervous, and awkward. When confronted with an unfamiliar situation, she'd often panic or squeak away. If she is asked a question and doesn't know the answer, she'll just tilt her head and pout like a stupid animal. Her voice is naturally high pitched and she is very insecure about it.
fJuQtE4.jpg

I hope I'm not too late for this, as it looks like fun.

User Name: Frzrorp

Real Life Name: Yong Xun

Bio: Yong Xun is an employee for the Fenghuan Corporation, a Game Developer Corporation based in Shanghai, China. Yong Xun has worked for the Fenghuan Corporation for many years, and assuming a wide variety of roles within the corporation, from game tester, to software development. Yong Xun is an avid gamer, which is fitting considering how he works for a Game Developing Corporation. As such Yong Xun has experience from both the player and developer's perspective, which he frequently puts to use. The Fenghuan Corporation was surprised to hear that a Rival Developer created the Virtual Reality MMORPG, Fortune Fantasy. Yong was trusted by the higher ups of the company to examine the game for whatever information he could manage to find, so that one day the Fenghuan Corporation can perfect their own version of a Virtual Reality MMORPG.

Class: Speedster Archer (Ranged DPS with focus on mobility)

Weapon: Bow

Skill 1: Need for Speed: Increases movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. (Reset time one minute)

Skill 2: Blinding Arrows: Stuns target for 4 seconds (Reset time one minute 30 seconds)

Skill 3: Tactical Retreat: Whenever engaged in melee combat, can disengage combat and jump away from attacker. (30 second cooldown)

Personality: Yong Xun is an enigma to those around him, mostly as he only knows so much English, and speaks primarily in Mandarin Chinese. However while he may be an enigma to others, he is a very diligent worker.

Appearance:
359520_1331684718145_272_186.jpg

@DaCageFighter
Accepted. I don't see anything that I would want to change other than your unique ability. 30 seconds would probably be better. I think you over nerfed yourself.

Wait, am I accepted or do I still need to work on some things?

@Dinorocket
Not going to accept the boomerang unfortunately. Your character is good, though, I would lower the cool down of your Tactical Retreat to 30 seconds. A ranged DPS is bound to be very squishy and will need the jump away.

Hm, well can I still use ranged stuff? Like change it to a bow?

Status
Not open for further replies.