A Fantasy Game Gone Wrong [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking to Lady Bernkastel or me?

Haha,sorry for being a pain in the butt XD

Anyway, I'm assuming the non-combat skills are scaling as well?

Wrong!

Noncombat skills don't scale, otherwise someone who uses the skill all the time will be just as good at it as someone the same level as them. Just like most MMORPG's it is based on level. The more you use the noncombat skill the higher level and the more you can do with it.

I suppose I'll act the role of a noble knight and play the role of tank. It's not something I'm used to, but I think it'll be fun! :D

Username: Leo Bravesoul
Class: Knight (DPS/tank mix)
Weapon: Greatsword
Skills:
  • Greatslash - A powerful strike
  • Rage of the Dragon - Raises attack and speed stats for a while, but when the duration of the spell is over, the stats are halved for a while.
  • Swordblock - Uses his massive sword as a shield
  • X-slash - Two quick slashes forming an x-shape. The pressure exerted is quite powerful making it a somewhat ranged attack, but it doesn't reach very far. [LOCKED]
  • Aura of the Dragon - Raises aggro, attracting enemy attacks [LOCKED]
  • Broadsword Punch - Holding the sword horizontally and pushing the enemy, making them lose their footing and vulnerable to attacks. [LOCKED]
  • Greatsword Jab - Stabs the enemy with great strength, a very powerful move able to penetrate most armor. [LOCKED]
  • Goliath's Tornado - A fast spin while wielding the sword generating massive pressure, and is able to hit many enemies at once due to great reach. [LOCKED]
  • Lion's Roar - Unleashes a flurry of several slashes ending in a stab. This move exhausts the user, rendering them unable to move for a short period of time. Using this move produces a sound similar to a lions roar, hence the name. [LOCKED, UNIQUE SKILL!]
  • Wood Chopping (low level) [LOCKED]
  • Mining (Mid level) [LOCKED]
Personality: Leo, while playing online, is brave, rash, and fiery. In real life he has to act decent at all times as a result of a strict upbringing, making him quite timid, only being able to let his real self shine through in-game. As a tank he has a lot of HP and can take many hits, but he tends to want to act strongly all the time and not realize when it's time to step back, resulting in him being a danger to himself.
Appearance:
SheathKnightElswordfull1158848_zpsf2016342.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Wrong!

Noncombat skills don't scale, otherwise someone who uses the skill all the time will be just as good at it as someone the same level as them. Just like most MMORPG's it is based on level. The more you use the noncombat skill the higher level and the more you can do with it.

Oh, that's what I meant with scaling, sorry for being unclear... (or rather sorry for being a nub with RPG lingo)

I was going to say that we shouldn't have to explain when we're honing non-combat skills but then I realized "Elsa was sitting alone in the great library, flipping through pages of old scriptures, trying to learn more about the secrets of alchemy..." Makes a pretty decent part of a post, so I'll scratch that.

@Adore Delano
Everything looks good, and I would say your character is more of a DPS than a tank but that's fine. Your characters still durable and has some characteristics of a tank. Regardless we needed another DPS anyways.
I'm sorry for nit picking but I really don't like the name of your skill 'Stab of A Great Warrior'. I would really like it if you changed it because its such a long name for a skill that your going to have to call out in battle. Something to think about but you don't have to change it.
@Lady Bernkastel
I figured as much and of course you have to mention that your working on it. It would be totally bizarre if you just randomly are able to make the next level potion... and your still a hand full =P
@Deshwitat
With a signature like that you must join! It is necessary! Not to mention we need one more character before the IC goes up. I would really like it if you make a DPS or a tank since Leo Bravesoul can be considered a mix. (You can also make a mix)
Also its your choice. You can go a completely different way and make another supporty character and what not.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@NorwayFOO Oh... Well I don't know what a DPS is, but I'm sure you're right. And no problem about the attack name, I'll change it right away to something shorter!

@Deshwitat I looked it up and that's what it says, but I don't understand what it has to do with my class?

But my intentions were not to be fast... Oh well, the damage is done now.

(Just kidding, I really don't mind. DPS/tank mix has a nice ring to it, too :3)

@Deshwitat Oh, I see. That's quite interesting. My impression was that tanks also dealt a lot of damage, but is the focus more on having massive defense? Tell me more! :D

@Adore Delano

A tanks big jobb is having all the enemies hit on him while the DPS brings the pain and the supports heal him. Thats the short basic explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.