A Estinthion Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penelope remembered Collin that was for sure, so when Leila had mentioned his name, her smile re-appeared on her lips. Now this would certainly turn out to be both an interesting class, and an interesting combination with herself and Collin. Upon stepping into the class and being approached by a rather extactic looking young man who promptly starting to ramble on. U[on introducing himself, Penelope simply listened to him until he was interrupted,
"I don't mind." She shrugged as the other male walked over, "Collin, yes I do remember you. You're a very hard person to forget; not that I'd want to. It'll be good working with you again. As for my interest in parts, I'm not sure. You know me..." She grinned at him with a small shrug. Yeah, Penelope was pretty much flirt-central. It wasn't often though that she did so, but when she did it was pretty obvious - but that was her point. She didn't care what others thought about it, and knew she could push her limits and not worry.
"But I'm sure I'm bound to have some fun." She had a very mischievous glint in her eye. But then she took a glance at Leila, "Don't worry... I promise I won't be as bad as I uesd to be." She teased, although she wasn't fully aware if the girl knew of her old cheeky ways or not.

"They should be. And Dillon, pretty much anyone could get through that maze quicker than you." She teased with a cheeky, and if not slightly flirtatious, grin. She adored that Labyrinth. The hours on end she'd spent in her younger years chasing and being chased by her friends around and around; even to the point that she'd slept in it a few times due to not wanting to risk being caught out of her room after 'lights out'. Not that it had phased her at all.

Allen sat there just sort of looking at the two. He could tell off the bat that Alicia clearly had a thing for Dillon, but he left it alone, figuring it wasn't really his place to comment on it. Especially with being new.
"I'm not that bad at mazes... But I'm not that good either." He commented after Alicia had finished speaking, "Depends on what they're like, and how many times I try it. Once I get it the first time, I don't tend to forget. Takes the fun out of it though..." He sighed softly, but then shrugged with a small smirk.

Leila watched the woman interact with the two boys and tilted her head to the side. Had this girl not been flirting with Dillon not an hour before? The young woman who would soon be in detention didn't think much of women that flirted nonstop, but at the same time she remembered the excellent roles that Penelope had played before she left--not that Penelope would remember Leila. Before the last year Leila had been trying to act--and she'd done mildly well if she were any judge. She could cry on que and go straight into fits of hysteria. But she had only ever managed to get minor roles--a serving girl here with two or three lines, a young boy handing out flyer's. After trying, and failing, to get a major part in the last play of the year that Penelope had been there, Leila had returned to simply helping out on stage until she'd taken over for the last third head. This year had been her first year to be willing to try out again for a major role.

Sighing, the young woman was about to disengage herself from the group when Collin started reading off a line of one of the more important characters--Margaret. Leila paused and looked back as Collin read several passes of which she showed the most character for the play. Leila couldn't help but feel a little bit betrayed. She had told Collin and Yutario that she was going to try for that part. Yutario must have remembered because he put a discrete hand on Collin's shoulder to stop his rambling when he saw Leila turn but stop. However Leila just smiled and kept leaving. Oh Leila was a good actress. Despite her distress and betrayed feelings, she kept walking forward and helping several of the costume designers with concepts that they seemed to be stumbling over. She didn't even show interest when she heard Collin's next statement, though it left a wound on the inside that no one would ever see. Unlike with Allen, she knew how to keep her emotions hidden in front of these people.

"Oh Yutario you are being an idiot. You know that Leila only said she was going to try out for Margaret to make me feel good about my writing. She doesn't even like to play in the plays." Collin said and shrugged off Yutario's hand before pushing the glasses on the tip of his nose up. "So what do you think Penelope? Or we could look at another character for you, but Margaret seems the best for you in this adaptation. She'll be the best friend of Hero rather than the serving woman but basically keep the same role--betraying Hero to Don John and the like."

"You should still see if she wants to play Margaret before you guarantee someone a spot. Not that we wouldn't give the part to you Penelope, but all three of the heads have to agree on a person playing a part before they get it. And I like to be fair. I'm sure you'd be perfect as Margaret if you really wished to play her," Yutario said calmly with a pleasant enough smile. "Try outs are this afternoon should you wish a copy of the script to study until then."

"I'll coach her if she's willing to let me help her," Collin said with a bright smile.

"Has Leila ever finished the maze Alicia? I heard a rumor that she won't go in because she's afraid she'll never come out,"Dillon asked with a small laugh. "That or she's not good with directions. She doesn't seem the type to get lost easily." He stretched as the teacher before them droned on with the lesson. He couldn't wait to get out of class. This afternoon would be fun. Hanging out with the interesting Alicia and the equally as perplexing Allen. "You know Allen, a good way to get on Leila's nerves would probably be to request that you work out in the Labyrinth. I bet she'd pull another give me detention or give me death speech, which I personally want to witness first hand and not get it second hand."

"Settle Collin. Calm yourself. I'm not looking to do a lot of main character acting with Shakespearean plays - even if they have been re-written by you." Penelope shook her head and raised her hand slightly in a 'stop' gesture. She didn't want to go stepping on people's toes either, but mostly it was just because she wanted to see everything from a more behind-the-scenes aspect, "Besides, if Leila wants the main part, I'm not going to stand in her way. I don't think I've ever seen her act a main, so it'll be good for her." Being a girl, Penelope understood that Leila would have heard all of the conversation and felt hurt by Collin's suggestions, even if the boy hadn't meant for it to do so. That, and she really wasn't interested anyway. She wanted to have some fun with either minor rolls, fill-ins, or in general just the back-stage crew.
"I will study the script though. Just because I want to see how Collin's written in." Talking to Yutario, Penelope nodded with a small smile. It wasn't as if there would ever be nothing to do in Drama, that was for sure.

"Ummm, I'm not sure to be honest." Alicia shrugged, a truly bewildered expression having found it's way onto her face. She thought about it for a while, trying to recall any event where she'd been witness to Leila's entry or exit of the school's famous maze, "Nope. Not that I can recall. Not to say she hasn't though. But there's a lot of people that do have fears of getting lost in mazes and never coming out." She added with a soft laugh before relaxing back in her chair, resuming her bored-with-the-class expression.

"Work on that French thing? With her, in there?" Allen nearly laughed, but nodded with a smirk, "I don't see why that wouldn't work. No doubt it would be reasonably quiet in there and would prove to be a good study area." He mused, a glint if mischief in his eyes, "Not that I want to practice that stupid subject anyway. I told the teacher that what she'd heard me say was the only thing that I could say. But... As all teachers are, no matter where in the world, they never believe you."

Collin seemed truly devastated at the news that his idol Miss Penelope wasn't going to take any parts in the play. "But you would have made a much better Margaret than Leila. You have the attitude to do it," He muttered and frowned a little, looking worriedly over at Leila who had her back to them, pointing out several way stop improve a design. "She's much better at the running of things than actually doing the play herself." Like so many of his other comments in the last five minutes this had been meant in a complimentary way. Leila, in Collins view, was an expert at focusing the creative ways of the mind and making sure people got things done quickly and quietly. The young man would never consider his comment to be insulting. The fact he had only seen her play minor roles and not getting major roles played a part in his assessment of course.

Yutario opened his mouth to say that that was going a bit far, that they had yet to see the young woman perform anything that Collin had written but shut his mouth as he saw Leila near the three that were conversing. Instead he opened his mouth to say something encouraging to the young woman--that he believed that she could do more acting than most people gave her credit for, but the look that Leila gave them all shut his lips for him. It wasn't that it was angered or sad--it was friendly enough, happy even. But it was the way that she was acting as if nothing had been said or heard to make her feel those emotions. In fact, one might call it too cheerful. The kind of smile a woman would give when she'd lost the last hope she had of getting out of a situation. It worried the young foreign exchange student. Could she be hiding something far worse than simply being hurt by Collin's words?

She smiled brightly at all three though it was obvious that she would have heard every word. "Here is that copy that you were looking for Penelope," he said handing over a script before turning and walking back towards the back where people were practicing lines. She walked among them, listening, correcting, much like a mother guiding ducklings. Maybe, just maybe it would be better for everyone involved if Leila didn't part-take. She heard several girls going over Margaret's lines with enthusiasm. They got encouragement from their friends and tried again. The most encouragement or critique that she had ever gotten was a disgusted look from the mirror that she looked into when she practiced. No, Margaret should be played by a friendly young woman that hadn't heard herself be described as 'cool' or 'standoffish'. She hadn't even gotten the guts to tell Alicia that she was going to try.

"Oh, especially the French teacher. She believes that any student that comes in the first day and speaks any form of French has it in their blood and should be taken under her wing and deposited among the amazing French kings," Dillon said with a flourish, a joke about the teachers over-dramatic ways in the works when the teacher called on him. He blinked up at the math teacher, surprise plain on his face. He answered quickly enough, after staring at the bored for a few moments to see what they were 'supposed' to be 'learning'. When he was sure the teacher wasn't going to go and call on any other students, he turned his attention to the other two students. "That was uncommon to say the least. Normally the teacher doesn't give a hoot over what we do in class. He just drones on like no ones business. So Alicia, what do you think Leila would do to get out of going to the Labyrinth? I really was serious about hearing her I'd rather go to detention speech. Do you think if Allen over there asks she'll go on a tirade of how evil the world was and she'd take a million detentions over working with him?"

Penelope noticed the disappointed look on Collin's face and smiled,
"Don't worry Collin. I'll be going for the leads in the ones later in the year, I promise." She assured just before Leila headed back on over. If she was right, Penelope could see that Leila was either feared, or just plain weird. Maybe both? In all honesty she couldn't see what the girl's problem could really be. Kids were always jerks, or hadn't she realized that yet?
"Thanks." Penelope smiled at Leila upon being handed the script, and took that as her cue to leave the small group and go sit down in a corner where she could flick through it all and ignore the rest of the room.

"No kidding." Allen agreed sarcastically, stopping himself from saying anything more as Dillon was called on. Allen sat there smirking slightly, and chuckled at the other boy's comment afterwards. It was different for Allen to have made a decent and actually funny friend on his first day; it had taken him nearly 2 years to have a friend like Dillon - but no where near as amusing - back in his old school in Miami.

"Mmm, probably anything." Alicia mused after she finished giggling to herself at the surprised expression Dillon had had on his face,
"And especially if it's Allen that asks." It was weird. She didn't like the fact that Allen was rude to Leila for no reason, but she couldn't just deal with ignoring him herself, considering he was so nice to her. But... Whatever. She looked passed Dillon at Allen just to see his expression; the smirk he had nearly made her giggle all over again.

((Sorry it sucks. DX))

The story laid out before Penelope in the script was a modern day adapation of Much Ado About Nothing. Instead of in Sicily, it was in a town to the north of the Academy. The names of the characters stayed the same as did the point of the story but with different features--there were no serving men, best friends replaced them. The main character Claudio is a young boy that has just entered college and falls immediately for his first teachers teacher aid that is also his age. His friend Pedro insists that the girl date Claudio but unwittingly her friend Margaret convinces Claudio that she is always hanging out with other men when in truth it is only men that have questions on the course assignments. When Hero attempts to ask Claudio out on a date he denies her and in front of the whole class asks why he would date a whore like her. As the story winds down Claudio's best friend Benedick, who has been against him dating all the while because women and love are evil beings that are not worth Claudio's time, turns around and says that Claudio should instead go for Hero and not believe all the slander put against her. Just as they are about to fight over it, the news comes that Hero had been hit by a car as she had been running blindly across the street to get away from the class as quickly as she could, and that it does not look like she will make it. Hero's other friend, Melinda Dogberry, reveals the truth about Hero and Claudio rushes to the hospital only to find that Hero is no longer there though the nurses will not tell him why, making him believe that she is dead. He comes upon Hero in a garden with her arm in a sling and some minor cuts and bruises for she'd really had just tripped and fallen down the stairs that led to the street.

Leila continued to move around, encouraging those that needed it, correcting them, until she found herself standing in front of Penelope. She smiled gently and looked at where the girl was in the story. "Enjoying it so far Penelope?" she asked, leaning back against the nearest desk, holding a clipboard. "I heard that you wanted some part in the background or stage production. Do you have a particular area you would like to work in? We have set creation, moving things on and off stage, sound, music, all sorts really." She would not bring up the Margaret thing. She wasn't in this class to act, she had to keep reminding herself, but instead to control and make sure things were done proper.

"I vote that we do it then," Dillon said with a grin, "Tryouts should only last an hour or so. They've become rather good at getting everyone that is truly interested into order beforehand, or so I've heard. At that rate it'll only be five or six at night and that still offers three or four hours of time before we are required to be inside. Even later now that we are seniors. And the labyrinth is always well lit, even if you do manage to get her out there." He was liking this plan more and more--it was kind of like his beach house theory. If they spent enough time together they might find that they like each other and just didn't know it because of all the bickering. "What do the rest of you say?"

Looking up as Leila came over and started to talk to her, Penelope smiled.
"Collin is definitely as talented as I remember when it comes to script writing. I'm surprised you let him twist it so much." She teased lightly, but it showed on her face she was just being playful. She had nothing against Leila, and didn't want the girl to think that she did - so she tried to be nice in a more obvious way.
"As for department, I was thinking either music or props. I need to get back into the swing of things before I bother trying to go for any rolls anyway." She got to her feet and stretched a little, "If there's room for me, that is."

"You're horrible..." Alicia giggled softly, shaking her head with a smile, before nodding, "I don't think I'll ever understand why you're so bent on pissing Leila off - just so long as you don't drag me into it." Her voice held a warning tone, to which the expression on Allen's face showed that he agreed to the term. There was no way Alicia wanted her relationship with Leila to go down the drain just because of Allen. If that happened... Ooooh would he know about it!

"Sounds perfectly fine with me. It'll give me a chance to get to know the grounds too, even if it is at night." Allen agreed, both to Dillon and to Alicia's statement. His intentions weren't to tear the two girls apart. It was mostly just a test for Leila... But he wouldn't go into detail; not even in his own mind. Not yet, anyway. Glancing up at the front of the class, he looked away just as quickly as there was nothing of interest written. It was nice to know that teachings didn't differ much between Private Schools, whether they be here, or back home. Then again... This was home now. And he'd have to get used to that fact.

Checking her roster on the clipboard, Leila made a few arrangements in her head and put Penelope in at music. "I really don't have any problems with adaptations of the works of famous writers. They create differences on stage that make people want to see them. Can you imagine how many people would be int he audience if we simply did the old versions? We would be cut from the school budget the first night. But with the style that Collin writes with and the style in which Yutario directs, well, it won't be the same as the old plays. everything's going to change. Drama will not sit in the back any longer and watch lacross or other such teams get the better budget," Leila said with a giggle before looking down at her roster again. "You'll be working with Yutario on music. He heads the group that does that as well. Most of us double dip so if you find that music isn't your taste, I can shift you to props. If you have any problems, come to me, Collin or Yutario. We'll fix 'em quickly enough."

Just as she finished talking, the bell went off and she gave a reluctant groan. "Off to Mad Dog I go. I'll see you at try outs Penelope," she said before giving the clipboard to Collin and left the room at the trot. The sooner she got it over with the better.

Dillon leaned over and grinned as he closed in on Alicia, "I'm bent on pissing her off, beautiful, because no one has ever seen an emotion besides kindness and boredom on that face of Leila's. No one has gotten under her skin for all the time that the school has known her. Seeing her become angry enough to get sent to MadDog AND get detention in one day is worth seeing," he drawled with his Irish accent becoming suddenly very thick before he backed up a little and shrugged, "Why ever would I say that you helped me? A friendship is sacred, even among men. We would not ruin your friendship with her." He rose as the teacher began to call out homework assignments as the bell rang. "So, lad, lass, what shall we do up to the point of impact with the drama club?"

"Well that's fair enough, I suppose. And I'll be sure to let you know. I'm not one to stay quiet if I'm not happy." Penelope smirked, before glancing up at the clock on the wall as the bell rang. Listening to what else Leila had to say, the she raised her eyebrow as the girl left,
"Mad Dog... What the heck did she do...?" Penelope muttered under her breath with a confused expression, before she grabbed her bag and sighed softly, heading out of the room and down the hall - not that she was planning on going anywhere in particular. Maybe outside, and get some fresh air from all the stale stuffyness of the school.

Alicia tried not to outwardly squeal, or make it look like she was inwardly doing so, when Dillon called her beautoful. Sure, it may have meant nothing in particular, and just something that he happened to say, but even so... It made her smile, even though the conversation did lead to his reasoning of wanting to annoy Leila. She could overlook that for now. Plus, she wasn't really in on it, so if Leila needed comforting, she'd be able to give it to her without feeling bad.
"Thank you." She managed to whisper gently, appreciative of Dillon's understanding of her friendship with Leila.
"To be honest, I'm dying to go to the toilet so I'll catch you guys up at the drama club."

Allen scribbled down the homework quickly in his book as Dillon had turned to talk to Alicia, before packing his book away and standing,
"I've got nothing planned, nor do I know my way around, so I'm just going to play sheep if that's alright with you." He spoke to Dillon with a slight smirk, "The joys of being the new kid." He still hated the feeling of being new, not knowing many people, and definitely not knowing how to make his way around by himself. Thankfully he was a fairly quick learner with his surroundings and it would hopefully only take him a max of two weeks to know his classes' locations.

"All right, then I'll just show you the different places and then we'll meet up with the lovely Alicia for the try outs," Dillon said. And after that it was the Grand Guided Tour presented to you by yours truly, Dillon. He took Allen all over the school, telling little stories about every place they visited--the library, the gardens, the beginning of the labyrinth. Every where exciting Dillon took his new friend. Eventually he led the way into the auditorium where the try outs would be held.

"Come on let's get good seats," he said before slipping into the top row of seats. The seats were luxurious and wide so they weren't crunched in beside each other. He looked down and smiled as people ran around. Hopefully Alicia would indeed come and sit with them. He wanted her to. He'd been interested in her since earlier that day with her walking down the hall speaking somewhat fluent Spanish.

Leila ran down the hallway, having just barely gotten out of the detention. She rushed down the hall and slammed into the auditorium. She didn't even see Dillon and Allen as she ran down the isle, her hair having fallen out of the braid she'd pulled it back in and flying behind her as she came to a stop next to Yutario and Collin. "Sorry I'm late--" she said, her eyes glancing around the auditorium before landing on two form she didn't expect or want there. She was trying to catch her breathe as she glared up at the form of Dillon and Allen. What were they doing here? "The french teacher kept going on about how I was a lazy student and I had to apologize a bunch of times. She says that she expects me every day this week so you'll have to do the try outs all today because I'm not sure if I can make them tomorrow or the day after."

"Do not worry Leila," Yutario said, following her gaze up to the two at the top row. It wasn't against the rules for individuals that wanted to to come watch the try outs or rehearsals. It was just rare. "Friends of yours Leila?"

"No. Just a really nice young man and a jerk that needs to go stick himself with a fork int he eye," she spat before turning and rolling her shoulders as she tried to calm down. "Let's get this going shall we?"

"You are actually about ten minutes early so why don't you go and relax while we get everyone lined up? Are you going to try out like you said?" Collin asked.

Leila opened her mouth to decline but stopped. It wasn't like she'd get chosen anyway. "Sure, why not."

"Then we'll do your part first so we can have you concentrating on the others," Yutario said.

Allen was quite happy to allow Dillon to lead him around; but instead of his usual reactions of boredom and non-attentiveness, he was all ears and eyes. It wasn't as if he wanted to get lost in this huge place, plus his new friend's accent made it all the more interesting - although on occassion he had needed to ask for clarification. But with the tour behind them and the Auditorium up ahead, Allen couldn't help but smirk as they entered the room and followed Dillon up to the back. Putting his bag at his feet, he lent forwards, elbows on knees, and chin on fists. He spotted Leila nearly immediately, and glanced at Dillon,
"I wonder how her detention went." He chuckled before looking back down at the swam of backstage crew running around still. Drama certainly was amuzing behind the scenes, and already they could see the lineup of people looking to audition.
"Well look here... She didn't stand us up." Allen said in a teasing manner, poking playful fun at Dillon's relatively obvious interest in Alicia, as the girl came rushing into the auditorium.

After having issues with malfunctioning plumbing in the girls bathroom, and having to go hunt down the janitor because everyone else was too lazy to do it and would rather stand there and laugh at her getting soaked, Alicia had gone back to her dorm to dry off and change. Now with more comfortable clothes on, she looked just like an ordinary girl, rather than the extravagant, glittered-up doll she often paraded herself as. With her hair done up in a side braid that hung over her shoulder, Alicia came up the stairs towards the boys, not having spotted Leila upon her entry to go and give her a good friendly hug of which she knew her girl would seriously need after detention & Mad Dog. But that would have to wait. The beginnig of the tryouts would be starting soon and she wanted to make sure she would be sitting near Dillon when they did.
"Sorry I'm late. Girls bathroom had plumbing issues with the sink." She pointed at her wet hair, "But what'cha gonna do." Adding with a sigh, Alicia quickly spotted the back of Leila's head in the audition line. Why had she not heard of this?!
"She's auditioning?! She never told me thatttt!!!"

It wasn't often Penelope came to auditions for any other reason than getting a role herself, or judging them - of which she was doing neither of, and yet she still came back to the auditorium later that afternoon to watch. Slipping into the room she initially sat down the bottom, but as the auditions started to get underway, she glanced over her shoulder at a whining female voice and immediately spotted a girl beside Dillon and the new kid. Taking a swift glance back at the progress of the audition line, Penelope grabbed her bag and slipped up the back, taking the seat in the row in front of Dillon and company.
"'Ello fellas. And... chikie." Alicia's name had clearly totally escaped Penelope's mind as she greeted them.

Alicia's exclamation that she had not heard about someone auditioning made Leila turn her head around to look at the girl. A look of gloom filled the girls face as she saw Alicia, Dillon, Allen, and Penelope there looking at the line. She hadn't told Alicia in case she didn't get the part. There was no reason to have someone there to congratulate you when the chances of you getting the spot were slim to none. She took a deep breath and looked away from her friend and the other three and looked back down at the script for a second before putting it down and started to fidget.

"You mean you didn't know she was going to try out? Hey Penelope," Dillon said before looking from Alicia to Dillon to Leila. "Well today is all kinds of fun now. We get a new student, a returning student, Leila's first outburst in class, Leila's first detention. Whatever else will we go through next? Leila's first part in a play?" Dillon knew quiet well that girl's shared everything with each other--after all how often did he hear from friends of friends that he had kissed this or that girl? But the interesting question was why had Alicia not been asked for support for this? "Penelope, you don't by chance know anything we should know about do you?"

Yutario stepped up to a table and smiled at the line. "Welcome everyone, I'm glad that you are all here. A few of you might have noticed that there is only one of you trying for a part. If that is so you will still have to try out. Someone else may be in another part of the line but still attempt for that spot. We will not just hand out the parts, as Leila puts it every semester, you must earn the spot if you truly care about it," the man said with a bright welcoming smile. "As you all may have noticed we do have an audience today. Please ignore their banter or whatever else they may do and focus on the reading, or performing of your lines. You will be judged by myself, Collin the righter and Leila who will be trying out for a part herself. We have taken extra precautions because of this so that the decisions can be as unbiased as possible. Leila, why don't you start for us today?"

Leila took one last look at the script she had put down but then walked up to the empty place set aside for the try outs. Her eyes looked first at Alicia and then the others and then finally landed on Allen. That face really made her angry.

"Oh, well you know, she's always working with men from the class. Like one hundred guys a day. I even heard some strange noises coming from the lab that she uses," Leila said, taking a few steps to the side and sighed. "But then I wish I were surrounded by that many men sometimes. All shapes and colors Don John. I swear, she's got a new guy with her every hour. Hero is simply just too busy to go dating a man like Claudio." She could feel her cheeks blossom into a bright rose, but she didn't stop. She recited another couple of lines of Margaret's before quickly getting off the stage. Thank god no one spoke or distracted me, she thought as she joined Yutario and Collin after a glance up at the four in the audience.

"I didn't have the slightest! She never once mentioned it to me, and she usually mentions basically everything." Alicia clearly looked hurt by this, and pulled a sadened pouting face as she leant back in her chair, sighing under her breath. But, it was Leila's descition... She couldn't change that. And then Penelope came up... She didn't really have anything againt the girl; she just wasn't fond of her. However she would suck up and play nice if she had to, mostly just wanting to show Dillon that she could be civil, unlike at lunch.
"Hey." She replied back to Penelope's greeting before paying attention to the beginning of the auditions; mostly now she was just interested in seeing how well Leila would do.

Allen decided to be polite enough this afternoon to not utter a word out loud for the majority of the auditions, though he had the perfect plan for after Leila's. He'd even passed it along to Dillon as well, already knowing Alicia would do it anyway. So upon Leila's performances' finish, Allen applauded with a slight smirk and a cheeky glint in his eyes. As he suspected, Alicia was clapping anyway, and even Penelope was; both girls seemed pretty sinscere about it too. He glanced at Dillon, intrigued to inspect the other boy's facial expression. In all honesty though, not that he would ever say it aloud, Leila had done a fairly good job in his opinion. It didn't mean someone else wasn't going to be better though.

"Not a clue. Only thing I know is that Collin practically offered the role to me. I dislike Shakespeare, even with Collin's excellent writing, and so I refuse to act in them. I got Leila to put me in Music, or backstage if need be." Penelope shrugged with a slight smile as she then turned her head back to the stage to watch the performance. Surprisingly, Leila was pretty good, although she could see a few things here and there that the girl could work on. Perhaps she would let her know later on. Mostly it was a little bit of body language, and extra 'oomphs' in her tone.
"So what have you guys got planned after this?" She asked casually after Leila walked off the stage and the rest of the auditions continued, no longer really interested but still keeping an ear out for the funny ones.

Leila had stared for a moment up at the four that had clapped when she was done. For Alicia and Penelope's clapping she was grateful. At least someone had enjoyed her little attempt--or at least thought it worth clapping for. But when she saw the two boys clapping she hesitated in sitting down. Why was Allen clapping? She didn't trust that boy one bit to not be clapping because of some other reason. Instead of going up to sit where the rest of the auditionees would sit while they (Yutario, Collin and Leila) decided so that they'd know who was chosen, Leila joined her two cohorts and pulled her legs up in the seat, wrapping her skirt around them as she leaned forward on the desk that had been provided, using her fists to support her chin.

Dillon had been amazed. No one had seen Leila act in such a way before and he felt privileged. That she hadn't told Alicia that she was going to try confused him, but he didn't fight it. He had joined the applause, a thoughtful look on his face. "We are going to catch up with Leila and see if she wants to hang out for a little bit. What are you up to Penelope?" Dillon asked nicely, though he was looking at the group of three below them.

Four other girls tried out for the part that Leila wanted and with each she seemed to deflate a little. She stopped looking up at the stage, focusing on the rubric they had for each performance. Yutario could be caught looking at her with a little bit of worry as she got up about halfway through the auditions and smiled. "I think we all need a break," she called before the next person could start. "Come back in twenty minutes please." With that said she turned and walked up the aisle towards the exit, her head ducked.

The moment in which Leila had decided to call a break, Alicia fled from the group early, both to find Leila, and to avoid yet agreeing to allowing Penelope to come along. She hadn't figured what the girl's stance was with Dillon, and it was bugging her like nothing else, but most of all she wanted to go both congratulate Leila, as well as ask her why the hell she hadn't been told about this. It was unlike them not to share anything, so it had certainly peaked her curiosity.
"Leilaaaaa!" Alicia finally found her friend through the crowd of people leaving, and instantly hugged her and refused to let go,
"Why didn't you tell meee?! Everyone was so surprised, both at you, and that I had no idea about it. I'm kinda hurt..." She pouted over her friend's shoulder, "You did awesome by the way."

Penelope had moved back into her seat properly to avoid being knocked off it as Alicia ran past,
"Heh, I've got nothing planned, so long as the other girls don't mind then sure." She wasn't one for liking getting under people's skin much. Sure she used to love having fun doing things like that but a few experiences when she was overseas had tweaked that side in her a little and she'd become a little more sophisticated in regards to other people's feelings. That wasn't a bad thing, at least, even if it did make her seem a little boring; it wasn't so say she couldn't still have fun though.
"What'd you have in mind anyway, or no plans yet?"

~~
((And I'm saving my muse on Allen for the moment XD teehee))

((xD Oh dear. i can't wait to find out what he says xDDD))

~~

Leila looked at her friend and gave a weak smile. "Other's did far better than me. I'm so out of practice and everything," she said after she realized that Alicia wasn't going to let her go. "And I didn't tell you because most of the time you don't care about what is going on in drama. Remember the time that I asked your opinion on the two Romeo's last semester? You thought I was talking about the two girls." She laughed a little at the memory and pried herself from her friends grasp. "Please, Alicia, I wasn't even sure I was going to try out until today. I mean I practiced over the summer holiday and I did plan on telling you but when you returned you had so much stuff to talk about and wanted to discuss that I never really found a time to tell you. Just relax a little all right?"

Dillon watched Alicia leave and turned his attention to Penelope with a small smile. "We were going to see if we could get Leila to go into the Labyrinth with Allen since it's his first time and there's the rumor she's never went in," he said "And then we were going to go to my room and hang out until Allen had to leave. Besides that the plans are rather open. And I'm sure Alicia and Leila wouldn't mind. I think Leila is going to be more worried, or annoyed, with Allen being there. She and him don't seem to get along very well, though there isn't much reason behind it unless Allen could put some light into it." Dillon turned to his male friend and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah but..." She tried to interrupt after the Romeo comment but stopped and waited for Leila to finish. And then she felt a little bad... She didn't mean to always take the spotlight when it came to telling stories and information from holidays and what not.
"I don't care about other people auditioning, but when it's my best friend and she hasn't told me then of course I'm going to care, you goose." She pouted but then smiled,
"Alright, alright, I'll stop. Anyway, what are you doing after this? I know you don't like Allen, but we were all gonna go for a walk around and stuff. Don't worry, I won't let him say anything to you. And Penelope said she'd come too, I think." She mumbled that last bit, but she was smiling non the less still as she gave another sort of puppy-eyed look at Leila, nearly bouncing on the spot like a hyperactive puppy that whilst wagging it's tail it was causing it's entire body to wiggle.

Allen simply sat there with a smirk on his face,
"Oh, dear Dillon, no need to worry about that yet. As I said, I have my reasons, and I wish to keep them to myself until they play out to my liking." He took a glance at Dillon and Penelope before looking down towards Leila and Alicia for a moment. He watched them until Leila had pried herself from Alicia grasp and Alicia seemed to be getting all excited by something, before looking back at his two current companions,
"You will see in due time." He finished with another cheeky and mischevous smirk before standing and stretching and sitting down again. In his mind, however, he wasn't sure if he would get a decent chance to see his plan play out. He would prefer to not have people around when it was to happen, as it may cause things to go awry, but he would have to try to his best ability anyway and just hope. But there was certainly no way he would openly, or even privately, explain his plan to anyone other than himself in case it would cause it to backfire before it could be implemented anymore.

Penelope just sort of look at him blankly,
"You actually got under her skin... That's so weird." She then shrugged, dismissing it,
"But sure, I've got nothing planned. I have to go and see a friend though and give her a hand with something after this, but other than that I'm free all night."

Leila looked down at the ground before looking towards where the three of them either stood or sat. Alicia seemed so happy about going to hang out with them. "I-" She started to refuse before noticing the bouncing that Alicia was doing and she remembered that Alicia was interested in Dillon. She cast her eyes down again and put a pleasant smile on.

"I wouldn't mind joining you for a walk I suppose. if Allen gets too annoying I'll just ignore him like I normally ignore anything that gets on my nerves. I am sorry for not telling you. But would it have changed anything? I don't think so. I'm not going to get picked. Lisa was much better at playing the character than I was. She has the flair for a girl like that. I-" She faltered, stopping for a moment before continuing, "I don't mind if I don't get picked."

It was a lie. Her whole body was eager and edgy, hoping that Collin and Yutario would choose her, but she knew that several of the other people waiting to try out were also looking to snatch the position and they had had much more experience as main characters than she had. Instead of letting it show, she just put on her kind, polite smile and shrugged it off. "I have to go back up now Alicia. Go be with Dillon. I could tell that you were happy about him talking to you while you were changing earlier. Don't let me keep you," she said before slowly walking away out of the auditorium towards a water fountain to grab the drink she needed.

Dillon shook his head. "A mystery you are Colonist!" he said jokingly before watching Leila leave the auditorium. "So, what do you think about the people that will be chosen so far? Nothing funny has happened except for the kid with the oversize glasses that looked like a nerd mixed with a stoner trying for the male lead."

"Pft, yeah right you don't mind." Alicia sighed softly, having no time to interupt her friend before she'd walked off. A little irritated, but she knew it would pass, she headed back up the stairs to Dillon, Allen, and Penelope. Thankfully, the other girl hadn't taken her seat next to Dillon. Maybe she wasn't what she thought she was after all... Time would still tell, however.
"Well, she agreed to come." She announced, seating herself beside Dillon again slowly, pulling her hair over her shoulder so she didn't accidentally pull it. She'd come back up to finish hearing Allen chuckling to himself about... Something..

"Well that's good." Penelope offered Alicia a smile, before looking back at Dillon to answer his question,
"Personally, obviously from experience, that guy is soooo not gonna get it. As for the girls, only a few really have what it takes, and that was Leila, and I think her name was... Lira? Lisa.. Yes, Lisa. I doubt any other girl will get the lead. It'll be one of those two."

Alicia was actually pleased to hear that. She knew what Penelope used to be like with Drama, and it actually made her feel a little better about Leila's rambling to her a few moments earlier.
"Well I honestly hope it's Leila. She certainly deserves it with all of the stuff she goes through with this class - since you left." She nodded down at Penelope, who gave her a nod in return.

"Well ladies and gentleman, please excuse me..." Allen stood, stretched, and then stepped over the seat in front of him so he was on Penelope's row, and then the seat in front of that, before walking to the isle,
"I shall return." He knew Dillon would know immediately what he was doing, though he didn't care if the girls did. Leaving without another word, he headed down the stairs and out of the auditorium. After that, he was lost. Lost, and dying to go to the bathroom. He tried to look around for signs, or familiar faces... He simply started to walk in one direction in hope he'd find one eventually.

Dillon smiled at the two girls that stayed with him after giving a nod to Allen that he understood before turning his attention to Alicia and Penelope. "So we all agree that Leila should be the one to play this character she tried out for? I say we go bribe Yutario and Collin," he teased before relaxing back. "It would be interesting to see the girl in the play. She's done so much to change the drama club from a bunch of pre-adolescent idiots into a real drama club since she took over organization. Not that you ever made a pre-adolescent idiot, Penelope, but remember the try outs when you were here and Old Malory and Juni ran them? They were never as organized as this."

The young woman was standing next tot he water fountains, staring at the water that she was unleashing upon the silver of the bowl. She just stared at it. She was replaying the scene she had acted out and had decided that she had ended up doing it decent, but not good. She let the handle to the fountain go before turning to walk back towards the auditorium. She didn't really watch where she was going so before she knew it she was on her bum after bumping into someone. When she looked up, she groaned aloud. Allen. She couldn't have just payed attention and kept away from him after him seeing her attempt at getting a roll? She slowly pushed herself up, brushing off her skirt, without looking at him. "Sorry," she said, "I wasn't paying attention."

Status
Not open for further replies.