A Estinthion Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing fixing herself up as best she could, Alicia sighed softly and then smiled simply,
"That could have gone worse." She confirmed, watching as her friend finished her drink, "Mind you, I'm absolutely freezing now!" She whined, covering her chest with her arms where the drink had spilled on her as a reasonably chilly gush of wind came towards them. Gathering her bag up quickly, she stuck close to Leila, poking her tongue out at her best friend when the most obvious statement was stated.
"Gee, thanks Leila, but I think I know that." Alicia was smiling though, not trying to be malicious but wanting to give off the notion she knew she had to be more careful, it was just that she didn't always think before doing. Or, at least not well enough anyway.
"Now come on, before I freeze my boobs off and anyone else sees." She hissed in urgency.

The whole time Dillon was explaining what had happened with Leila, Penelope was laughing softly, or shaking her head; or both. She couldn't believe it.
"Y'know... Leila reminds me of myself sort of. I used to be all quiet and perfect when I was in primary school. Then high school came and BAM! All changed after that." She absorbed the rest of what Dillon and said and nodded,
"Well... Considering Allen's native, he can explain about the US, and I'll tell you about Canada and South Africa. Fair?" She smiled with a look around at Allen, who seemed to have nodded in return.

"There's not a lot to tell really, that most people don't already know. Umm..." Allen wasn't sure where to start really, because he didn't know how much of the States Dillon knew of. He finished what he was eating and was thinking of things as he did so. When he was about to start talking about Miami, he spotted Leila and Alicia outside; a frown had appeared on his face as he tried to figure out what on earth Alicia was attempting to do. It looked like she was hugging herself, and she looked wet, but it certainly wasn't raining.

"Well come along, then, let's get you changed," the young woman said with a small smile.

Leila moved so that she stood on the outside of their pair, protecting her friend from view of anyone int he cafeteria as she led her friend from the courtyard, through the cafe and into the hallway. Her gaze flitted around to make sure that no one was watching them in particular until it landed on Allen. She blinked and watched him frown at them. Her back stiffened and she hurried her friend along after looking away. Why would that man be watching them? It wasn't as if he'd shown any interest in her or Alicia--Wait, he had, Leila realized with a sinking heart. He'd been absolutely and irrevocably kind to Alicia. Who wouldn't be nice to a beauty like Alicia though? Sighing, she straightened her back and ushered her friend out of the cafeteria.

When they were out, it just kind of blurted out, "Alicia, do I look like a cow?" She blinked and blushed a light pink before looking away. She did want to know, but at the same time didn't want to admit that what Allen had said had affected her so much that she'd asked her friend about it.

Allen wasn't the only one to notice that Alicia and Leila were leaving lunch already. Dillon frowned and turned to look at Penelope and Allen instead, not wanting to bring more attention to the two girls. It still puzzled him why Alicia had moved from the other table. He'd just ask her later he supposed. "What's Miami like? Why don't you start there Allen?" Dillon asked with a bright smile. He'd also noticed that Allen had seen them and was frowning about it.

Alicia was relieved when they were out of the cafeteria and away from prying eyes; she knew people would look at her, she was prepared for that. Walking along as quickly as they could without turning it into a run and possibly getting caught and getting in trouble, they made their way towards Leila's room. It wasn't until her friend blurted out her question that she slowed down a bit.
"W-what? Of course you don't! What's that all about?" Frowning, Alicia looked at Leila and shook her head, "Allen didn't say something to you did he?" Her voice was nearly a low growl, just about ready to seethe with venom if that boy had even dared call her girl a cow.

After Allen snapped back to reality at Dillon's question, his frown - which hadn't been intentional, but simply curious - he proceeded to explain about his home city, and of what other parts of the States he'd been to; what he wasn't sure on, Penelope filled in if she knew. He liked this girl. Not as in, fall-in-love-at-first-site type like, but she was interesting and knew her stuff. Once he was finished explaining, Penelope took over to go into small details of Canada and South Africa. By the time she'd done that, lunch was nearly over... He hoped that his next class wouldn't include Leila on the roll. Sure, he liked annoying the living shit out of her, but... It would be nice to have a normal class at least once in the day. He had Mathematics up next. Oh the joys.

Leila looked at her friend before looking away and continued to walk. The anger that Alicia seemed to let into her voice almost frightened Leila--she'd never heard Alicia get angry before. "I-I don't know. He said it in German so I'm sure I probably just made a mistake translating it. It just--there aren't many other meanings for that word that I know of and he was walking past me as he said it. Listen, I was just wondering. It really doesn't matter all that much," Leila said, smiling at her friend before turning a corner and then unlocking a door with a key that she fished out of her jacket pocket. She opened the door and motioned for her friend to enter her room. It still hurt. There was no way she had 'mistranslated' that sentence, and there was no one else that knew German in the class, so she was the only one that Allen could possibly be talking to in that scenario. "I'm sure he was just trying to be a jerk again."

Dillon listened to his friend with a smile as he thought about all the places they had been. "So," he said once they were done, "What classes do the both of you have? I have Math. Penelope, are you going back to drama or are you changing?" He really just wanted to go to the library and sleep or find Alicia and see what was happening to her. He shifted in his seat as he saw a couple teachers, including Mr. Barton pass by them.

Alicia went ahead and borrowed one of Leila's shirts... Certainly not what she'd normally wear, but with the slight difference in bust size, it fit nice and snug. All the while she was listening to her friend worry about what some silly boy had said,
"Are you sure he even aimed it at you? If the two of you were talking German so the teacher wouldn't understand you, wouldn't it make sense he would call her a cow if he agreed with you on the situation she put you's in?" She raised an eyebrow at the thought, wondering where on earth it had come from but glad that she'd said it; there was no way she wanted Leila fussing over what Allen had said if it hadn't been directed at her. Not to mention that it would then become amusing if he had said it about the teacher. God almighty watch out if it had been directed at Leila though. She could stand, for now, the ignorant and rude way he treated Leila, but if were going to start getting further than that... She'd definitely have a hell of a lot to say, and do, about it. Standing in front of Leila, she smiled and hugged her,
"Don't fret too much my dear. Even if it was directed at you, heaven forbid, you don't resemble any animal other than a gorgeous human woman, so just ignore him." Alicia placed a friendly kiss to Leila's forehead, all sisterly like.

"Looks like I've probably got Math with you, Dillon." Allen stated with a simple nod as he double checked his timetable sheet. He sighed softly upon looking around, wondering if this school did anything exciting.
"Nah, Artistic Media. I was interested in it when i saw it on the list of classes I'd be coming back to. Supposedly it's a cross between creative arts and filming and photography." Penelope explained vaguely, "Sounded like it would be my sort of thing so... Hm, after that I have Advanced English. I am taking drama again though, but I'm pretty sure I don't have it till tomorrow." She loved drama. And she was good at it too. Whilst she'd been overseas, as a small side job for extra cash she'd done bits of modeling here and there, appearing in various school and local news papers, and one or two bigger-name magazines; and of course plays.
"What about you? You still skip classes to come watch? Or did you finally decide to join?" Penelope teased with a slight laugh.

~~
((Ok, brainfail on Allen. X_x))

Reactions: 1 person
((xD Don't worry about it.))

~~

Leila had entered her room and started to exchange books in her bag before her friend hugged her and kissed her forehead. "Gorgeous, Alicia?" She asked with a small smile. "I'm not gorgeous Alicia. You are the epitome of gorgeousness. Me? I merely rank as cute maybe, or fill the boys daydreams of the good girl go bad. At least I've told that once a few semesters ago." It had been told to her by the one guy she had ever had the guts to admit feelings about. Needless to say, he had rejected because she wasn't willing to bed over a desk for her that moment and Leila had hardened her heart to all men. She could still be nice to them, but she didn't see the point to love any more. She'd support her friend when she was wanting to get to know a guy, but she couldn't say that she was willing to try it again. It wasn't her and she was not willing to look humiliated again. Maybe that was why Allen's actions and comments irked her so much. None of this though she had ever told Alicia for fear that her friend would try to get her to fall in love or some silly thing like that.

"Maybe it wasn't meant at me, but it still is irksome. I just hope he doesn't have Drama next. That's all I need. Having to deal with him for two classes is enough for me," She said with a small smile as she started to put her books away. "What class do you have next?"

Dillon grinned and shook his head, "I can't imagine you as an Artistic Media class person. They all have large thick glasses and look crazy. You don't fit that profile," he teased his old friend before looking away when she teased him. "Erm, no. I don't skip to watch drama any more. It was only really exciting when you participated Pene. After all, who would drop stage props simply to get the actors and actresses to scream and run off stage during the middle of the practice runs?" he chuckled. "After you left, Leila took over as assistant director and has really cleaned things up. We've actually had professional plays done in the last year or so. It is still all fun, but Leila loves her plays like they are her children. Or so the rumor is."

"Seriously girl, take the damn compliment!" Alicia laughed, shaking her head, "And ignore all those other idiots. They know nothing. Guys have their minds set on two things... I think? Ha, actually, I don't really know." She walked over to the first mirror she could find and started to gussy herself up a bit better, attempting to fix her hair especially,
"Ugh, this is going to be so sticky by the end of the day." She whined softly, pouting as she grabbed as much of her hair as she could and pulled it all over one shoulder, swiftly braiding it, "That should do..." Nodding to herself as she listened to Leila talk and gather books in the background, and went ahead grabbing her compact out of her bag to fix her makeup while she was at it.
"Hmmm, now wouldn't that be interesting, although as far as I can tell he certainly doesn't need the practice." Laughing, Alicia walked back over to her friend and stopping her from moving for the moment to give her a hug, "Just don't let him get to you. If he's gonna be jerk-face one minute and mr perfect the next, that's his prerogative and don't you let it bother you." She stepped back and smiled as the bell finally sounded, "And I have Maths. Unfortunately. That class is like snoozeville." Having been about to mention the fact that she thought Dillon was in that class too, she held her tongue, not wanting to seem like she was rubbing the guy-issue in.

"Hmmm. Well, not everyone can be as good at being mischievous as I." Penelope smiled, "And as for why I'm in Artistic Media is I did a lot of filming small documentaries and I was a model for a while while I was in South Africa. I'll have to show them to you one time; it got me interested in that sort of stuff is all, so I figured now that we have something similar to that style here, why not study it a bit. As for the glasses part, no, but the crazy look I can pull off." She pulled an intentional crazy face before laughing. Upon hearing the bell ring, Penelope sighed and stood. "Well, I better not be late. Thankfully I still remember how to get around this place, and not a lot's changed on me. I'll see you guys later." She was about to leave when she paused and turned back to Dillon, pen in hand,
"Hand." She demanded, pen poised and ready to scribble her mobile number on his hand for future reference, "It's changed." she added with a small wink.

It was good to see that some things didn't change too much when travelling places. The whole 'girl writing number on boy's hand' gig was still an in-thing here it seemed; either that or it never crossed Allen's mind that the girl simply didn't have her phone on her... But then, if Dillon had his, wouldn't she just type it in? Oh, that's right. They weren't allowed to have them out or on during the 6 hour school time. Including lunch. Rolling his eyes ever so slightly at the thought, he sighed and waiting for the ringing in his ears, that the bell had caused, to stop. He certainly was in no rush, but it wasn't as if he had anything to pack back into his bag, or knew where he was going - he simply had to wait for Dillon. Allen knew it wouldn't take too long to memorize where all of his classes were. He remembered his first year in high school, that first time when you're classes are in all different rooms... It'd taken him nearly a whole term to remember the rooms. He figured this would no doubt be something similar, because it wasn't just the specific rooms you needed to remember; it was the entire layout of the campus - and the way home.

~~
MY MUSE LIVES!!! -dances-

"You will have fun," Leila said with a chuckle. "From what I've heard doesn't Dillon have that class right now? I do not envy you at all. You'll have to put up with His Royal Bitchiness Allen if he has Math next as well. Or maybe he'll have the magical pumpkin created for him and he'll become His Royal highness to you." It was all just a joke but at the same time it wasn't. Leila couldn't understand what she had done to tick the man off but when Alicia had knocked over a book he'd been a total gentleman. As much as she tried to ignore the fact it just kept coming to mind. It didn't make any sense to dwell, but... dwell Leila did. It was like an evil spirit that wouldn't leave a psychic alone. What had she done? What was the difference besides beauty between herself and Alicia? It wasn't completely about the young man anymore. She wanted to know why she couldn't be considered gorgeous whenever next to Alicia.

She hesitated in packing up and then slammed her last book into her bag and pulled it up on her shoulder, intent on forgetting completely about the man during Drama. "Don't let me catch you skipping classes Alicia. Boys aren't worth the trouble of detention. Or, at least, most boys. Dillon for you might be the exception," Leila added as she went to her door and opened it. Hesitating again she went to the mirror that Alicia had been in front of before and grabbed a pair of hair-chopsticks and put her long hair up in a messy bun to keep it out of her way in Drama. Then she turned and marched business-like out of the way. Drama for the next two hours would be fun. Being the assistant director she was able to take it twice to help with both classes. It was her favorite two hours of the day and a great way to end it too. It was at that thought she remembered that she actually didn't have it for two hours this year. She had change dher schedule to be able to take Advance Literature since they were studying American Classics and that had always interested her greatly. Her shoulders drooped as she went back to exit her bedroom with a heavy sign.

Dillon raised an eyebrow before offering his hand. "You could have just asked for a piece of paper Pene," He pointed out before looking at Allen with a 'what can you do' look as his other hand started to put his finished items back onto his tray. He was not anything if not a diligent worker. "And since when has Est ever changed? I swear Allen, if you were here six years ago at the beginning of middle school here, you would look back at your time here as one continuous time because nothing has changed. They haven't even changed the whiteboards or the wallpapering."

--

YAY~ MUSE LIVES! >D

Alicia giggled and shook her head,
"I think he does, yes. Well at least I won't be bored this semester; as for Allen, please Leila, stop worrying about it. Some guys are just like that - especially Americans." She stated matter-of-factly with a grin, and then headed out the door, "I'll catch up with you after class. And do you or don't you want me to let you know how it goes with Dillon - and Allen if he's there too?" It was a best friend's duty to ask first if information was required, or not, and Alicia was doing just that. There was no way she wanted Leila to let her go on about Dillon if she didn't want to hear about it, or anything Allen-related also. It was bad enough for the poor girl she'd already had two classes with him, and for Leila's sake Alicia would have swapped with her if she'd had the chance, just to save her friend the irritation and hassle of dealing with some two-faced guy. Not waiting for her answer, though, Alicia had to dash off to her class as she noticed that the crows of students were already starting to thin out as they found their classes. She knew Leila would tell her the answer when they met up again later anyway. Quickly finding her nearby math class, Alicia slipped in and grabbed a seat up the back - the teacher for this class wasn't exactly socially bright, so he rarely noticed people talking or passing notes or simply not doing their work. It was brilliant, in her opinion. She just hoped that Dillon would come in soon and take a seat near the back before it all filled up with the other students.

Penelope shrugged with a grin as she swiftly scribbled down her number, grabbed her bag, and walked off with an instant crowd of people greeting her as she went.
"Well, that was certainly different. I'm guessing she used to be a pretty well-known girl here?" Allen asked as he stood, stretching and grabbing his book. He wasn't really fond of having maths right now. He hated maths - as did most other students, he guessed. There were obvious reasons as to why, usually, but his was just because the teachers usually ended up rambling on and on about more advanced stuff and would just confuse the daylights out of him. Making sure his smaller notebook was tucked away safely, he seemed all set to go,
"Well, I'll be following you then. I've got no idea where I'm going." He smirked, taking a quick glance around at the cafeteria that was starting to empty.
'Wow.... Kids here really like class...' He mused to himself.

Dillon smiled and shook his head as he picked up his back and tray and motioned for his friend to follow him. "Very well known. She was the trouble maker and class clown for the most part," he said with a shrug and pulled out his notebook after putting his tray down and taking out a pen to write the number down on a page. "We used to hang out a lot." He stuffed his pen back in his bag as he led the way into the classroom. His eyes picked out Alicia immediately and he grinned when he saw two empty desks next to her.

Strolling over he slipped into the seat next to Alicia and leaned forward like he was about to interview her, "So, Miss Alicia, would you like to tell the world why you left your table during lunch and gave me such a sour look?" he asked with a kind smile. "Did I anger you or something? Or maybe Miss Leila found out our little plan and she pulled you away?"

Leila moved through the halls in a soft daze. Did she want to know how her friends conquest with a guy was doing? A supportive friend would say yes. A girl that was very anti-male would say no. Leila turned and in a sudden burst of anger kicked the nearest thing--a trashcan in front of the math room. She looked up and saw Dillon escape into the room. She saw Allen with him and averted her gaze. She had to know she realized. Looking up she ran over and grabbed his jacket sleeve, refusing to actually touch his arm--just the cloth. "Wait, I need to ask you something. The teacher won't mind. He hardly notices if anyone is missing or not," she said, not looking at him, "Was that last statement you said--about a cow--was that directed at me or the teacher in french class?" Her words were soft so that no one would overhear them. The last thing she needed was for the whole school to know he called her a cow.

With her book open simply to make it look like she was ready and waiting, which she really couldn't have cared less about, Alicia barely managed to keep her tiny smile to the corners of her mouth as Dillon headed her way, and plopped down at a desk beside her. She'd been about to say hi before he'd started talking; that sort of made her feel bad.
"Oh, um... That wasn't directed at you. I uh..." She stopped, chewing her lip for a moment, "You didn't do anything, though. And Leila only knows that there's an offer." Right now she didn't feel like going into that. She was feeling way too awkward, not wanting to tell him outright that her dirty look had been aimed at Penelope. Now, how to keep talking to him without him ending up ignoring her...
"Don't worry about it. I didn't mean anything by it, really. Leila had a bit of a rough time in French with Allan. She said she thinks he called her a cow - but I really don't think he would have had any reason to call her that, and simply told her it was probably directed at the teacher." She looked around briefly to see if Allen was about, not sure if he was in this class or not, before continuing,
"I wonder what it is that's really set those two opposing each other so quickly." Giggling ever so slightly, Alicia lent back in her chair and sighed softly, "Oh well. hopefully they'll get over their differences by at least the end of the year." She looked back at Dillon, "Think we could be so lucky?"

Having been happily following Dillon to maths, Allen's attention was caught by the sound and sight of the nearby bin being kicked over. He looked around and spotted the culprit. Needless to say he was actually a little shocked that it was Leila, but was even more shocked at her sudden action of grabbing hold of him. He raised an eyebrow has he listened to what she had to say, and then when she was finished, chuckled lightly,
"I suppose it would be too cruel to not answer you, and keep letting you think about it as it's blatantly obvious that you have been doing. No, it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at that twit of a teacher." He figured he may as well let her have this one, smirking a little though, "So don't go worrying your pretty little head over it." He petted her cheek nearly mockingly, before giving an intention over-charming grin with a nearly stone-cold glare as he slipped away from her and into his classroom. Being as cruel as he felt at the moment, Allen was quite pleased with himself as he headed up the back after spotting Dillon talking to Leila's red-headed friend... Allysa? No... Aliera? Nope... Alicia. Yeah, that was it. Taking a seat beside Dillon, Allen gave a small wave and smile to the girl, just to be nice. He couldn't help but wonder though, as he'd never turned around to look, what Leila's expression had been after he'd turned and left her.

Reactions: 1 person
"Well I'm glad that you aren't horribly mad at me," Dillon said and relaxed back a little with a comfortable smile. "And no, I don't think we could be so lucky. The only way that Leila and Allen will ever be able to deal with one another is if they start to like one another, and from the way things are going--Allen calling Leila whatever, though I hadn't heard that little tidbit, and Leila getting detention and a visit with Mad Dog, things don't look positive." He stretched a little and smiled as Allen seemed to be at least outwardly nice to Alicia by offering a wave and a smile. "Why don't you ask Allen why he doesn't like Leila? I didn't quiet understand his way of thinking earlier. Maybe he'll answer you better."

He waved to the teacher as his name was called for roll and gave a big 'present please' just to goof off. Then he turned his attention back to the young woman and smiled. "As for the bet it seems like I will get to invite you to the summer place since Leila got detention," he said with a grin that spoke of mischief as he turned around and looked at Allen. "Allen, we get a three day weekend in about two weeks and I was planning on inviting miss Alicia up with me to a place my father is letting me rent along with one or two more friends. Would you be interested in going?" Oh yes, Dillon was evil. He was plotting. He was going to plan the funniest, most entertaining three day weekend that would get everyone on a nice friendly track for the rest of the semester. Should his new friend and his new friends enemy take out their frustrations on each other during that weekend, all the better. "There's a beach there and it's early enough in the year that we can all still go swimming without getting are butts frozen off. What do ya say?"

He hadn't meant it at her. Leila felt a mix of relief and suspicion. She didn't trust Aleen at all, so why was she so bent out of shape over this? As she watched Dillon talk with Alicia like they'd been friends since opening ceremony in sixth grade, Leila felt a small amount of jealousy of her friend. She was so easy going--she was even getting along with Allen it looked like. As soon as Leila recognized that feeling, she spun and left. Why would, or should, Leila be jealous of her best friend? She ducked her head and disappeared into the drama classroom.

Alicia smiled a little, feeling a bit reassured now,
"I don't think I could ever be mad at you; unless of course you did something that really warranted it." Noticing Allen's smile and wave, she returned it whilst continuing to listen to Dillon. She really hoped that Leila wouldn't end up hating her forever when it came to that long weekend away. It definitely wasn't something that would do either of them good - having a fight or something, that is. The weekend itself would be good. Hopefully. Alicia looked back at Dillon, and then around at Allen for a few seconds, upon the mention of Leila and Allen actually liking each other. Really, it sort of made sense as she thought about it. A lot of people ended up in pretty cool relationships when in the beginning they hated each other. Laughing to herself softly in her zoned-out way that she did, Alicia didn't even hear the teacher call her name until it was practically yelled at her,
"Oh, sorry! Here?" She laughed it off awkwardly and blushed for a moment before looking back at Dillon, "Oops?"

During the moments when Alicia had zoned out, for whatever weird reason, Allen listened to Dillon's suggestion,
"Sure. I'll do anything to keep away from my Uncle's place." He nodded, "It'd give me a chance to see some more of this place too." He was quite looking forward to it now, mostly for the fact that it'd get him away from school & his uncle's place. He wondered, though, who the other couple of friends may be. Now that Penelope was back, he presumed she'd get an invite; was Alicia invited? And if she was... Ugh, Leila too?! He sighed softly, but shrugged it off. He'd have to wait and see.

"Glad that you want to come with us, Allen. I'll get a ticket for you. My dad can't get a car for me so we'll be taking the training up to it. It's got its own train station too," the other young man said with a smile which lit up his face, but of course it was only friendly. Dillon shifted in his seat and relaxed back for the boring class. Sure he had two people to talk about the weekend coming up with, but at the same time he couldn't talk about his rather 'evil' plans with one of them.

"Say, Allen, will you be having to go home right after classes, or do you think that you could hang out here for a little bit?" Dillon asked, turning his attention to his friend. He knew how to make it so that the girls he spoke to not get harassed by other women that liked him. He'd once seen Penelope backed against a wall and bullied for being so friendly with him. He'd saved Penelope quickly, but after had been careful not to show his favor to any woman for longer than a class period even if he was really interested in them.

However he didn't completely ignore Alicia, and he smiled over at her as well, "You are welcome to come and hang out too before lights out--if you aren't going to be busy with Leila or your other friends that is."

Allen sat listening to Dillon, even though it looked like he was paying more attention to the rest of the classroom. He was good at pretending to pay attention to the actual class - a skill he'd picked up from an old friend back in Miami. As interesting as his first day at Estinthion was so far, he still had the very prominent feeling of home sickness. Or maybe it was a mix of jet lag too. Allen hadn't been one to be bad for suffering jet lag during any other travels, but when it was mixed with the feeling of knowing you weren't going back to your real home for a long time, if ever, then... Well, he just felt like crap.
"Um, I don't think I do. Wasn't as if anyone laid down ground rules for me so... I guess I'll be free." he nodded, disregarding the fact that if he did have a time he had to be home by, what the concequences may be - but, he'd wiggle out of them. It was never that hard to find a good loophole when only just moving to a new place.

Alicia wasn't sure if she'd done something wrong, or simply not done something. It was kind of confusing, and it showed on her face while she was zoned out. Why wasn't Dillon talking to her like normal? There was no sense she could make of it, so for now she pushed the thought to the side as said boy's voice broke the silence in her head.
"Oh, thanks. But I'm pretty sure Leila will need some company for a while..." She muttered softly as the teacher started the lesson. She was secretly referring to the fact that she knew her friend would still be dwelling over the Allen-incident from French class, and wanted to try and keep her distracted from everything school related at least for a couple of hours.

So artistic media wasn't exactly what Penelope had been expecting. Half of the class was as Dillon had described what he'd thought: geeks and nerds with thick glasses and no sense of human communication except with each other. The other half seemed like they were only there because they had no other classes to go in and they could get away with not doing work because they didn't care. Sighing as she took a seat, Penelope wondered if this had been a good choice. During her time away she'd calmed down a lot from causing mischief during class - for the most part. It was always more fun anyway when one had an accomplice. However, lacking one of those, and also lacking the knowledge of recognising anyone in the class, she simply buckled down and paid attention to the teacher when she entered. The class, so she discovered, entailed mostly the digital editing of photographs, web publications and animation that she simply couldn't grasp the basics of.
'This is going to be a longggg class.' She mumbled to herself with a sadened sigh.

"From what I've heard," Dillon said in a conspiratorial way, "Drama is having after school practice after Leila gets out of lovely detention. Come hang with us while she's in both. It'll keep you from having to stand around outside the classroom she's in for an hour or more. Or we could always go and watch the drama rehearsal and try outs and make fun of the really bad people." Dillon had always found the people that tried out for the musicals and the plays at the school were either in one of two categories: horrible and splendid.

Leila was in need of one more person. One more person that liked art and music and plays. Despite her detention status she was still given the task of recruiting people that she thought would make a good play. And when the leader had said that they needed one more person that was talented enough to join them, the girl's mind had went straight to the new arrival. Leila had never seen the girl (when she was serious) fail at a performance. And so Leila found herself sticking her head cautiously into the artistic media classroom and with a smile went over to the teacher and spoke to him quietly for a few moments.

"Go ahead and see if Miss Penelope wishes to take part," the teacher finally said and pointed to where the other girl sat.

Leila thanked him lightly and moved over to take an empty seat next to her. "Hello, Penelope right?" she said, a calm, cool, distant look on his face. "We in Drama class were wondering if you wanted to join our class and take part in our plays. I remembered that you were pretty good before you left and really you were the only one I could think of that would be able to keep up with us."

"Oh... Well then sure." Alicia nodded, hoping that maybe hanging with him after school would help her figure out why he wasn't as chatty towards her in class. It was really bugging her, even though she didn't want it to. She did laugh softly though at the comment of standing around for hours, and the making fun of the bad people.
"Indeed, making fun of the twits is definitely the way to go." She's seen some pretty disastrous tryouts before that had left her in stitches for hours after ever time she thought back on them; even to the point that she was by chance talking to a person who'd tried out and just burst out laughing in their face and was required to be lead away by Leila.
"So far I haven't received much homework anyway that won't take me anymore than an hour to work on tonight." She added softly with a simple shrug.

Penelope had just about been falling asleep when she'd looked up to see a girl talking to the teacher, and then look her way. She frowned a bit, out of slight confusion and curiosity, but then went back to doodling in her notepad. She was soon interrupted though, as the girl who'd entered the class came over and sat beside her. She knew of this girl... Leila. Dillon had mentioned her at lunch about being the new head of the Drama department. She looked like she'd be such a drag... But, her lesson couldn't get worse.
"Yeah, that's me..." She muttered softly, sitting up a bit more and looking at Leila, listening with her head cocked slightly to the side. A tiny smile tickled at her lips as it sank in that the girl was asking for her help.
"If it means getting out of this class permanently, I'll do it." She scoffed lightly, taking a sift glance around the classroom before letting out a sigh, "Because this definitely wasn't what it was described to be."
Quickly packing the few things up that she had out, and logging off the computer in front of her, Penelope then slung her back over her shoulder and gave a sort of loose half-hearted salute-like wave as she headed for the door.

Leila rose and then led the girl out of the class with a small smile. "Yeah, most people don't like that class. The teacher waters down everything so that it is three times harder than it really has to be--or so I've been told by students that have transferred from that to Drama," she said conversationally as she started towards their classroom.

"Currently we are going to be putting on the Shakespearean plays. First will be Much Ado about Nothing and then we are planning to do Midsummer Night's Dream and Romeo and Juliet. Then we are going to be moving onto some more modern plays. We'll have one every month so the class won't be slow and pointless. There are also practices every afternoon. Most of the time if we know what we are going to rehearse, we'll tell you if you need to show up or not. Should you get the lead in anything you will probably get asked to come every afternoon except for Friday afternoons," the girl said as if this was the most simple arrangement that she could think about to tell the new person all the information that she needed to know.

"I am the person that organizes most of the stuff--costumes, sets, technology. I also have a hand in deciding who plays which part, though there are three of us that do that and we decide together. You will meet them later."

"I have little homework as well. And after all, since we are seniors we get an hour later on our 'Light's Out' rule. That is if you don't have a roommate. I heard Leila's Roommate moved out so she has the whole room to herself. I'm surprised she didn't ask you to join her Alicia."

Dillon was a virtual spy network. He didn't listen to gossip--it didn't make sense to him. But he kept his ears open and wasn't about to let an interesting piece of data go. And that Leila had a room to herself was big news. For any student there to have their own room was rare. That it was the quiet girl that never partied was even rarer.

Dillon looked at his male friend and shrugged, "What do you think Allen? Go to my room to hang out or go watch people fail at reciting whatever dreadful play they are going to perform this month?"

Penelope listened as she followed Leila, rolling her eyes a little at how the girl was sounding - even if it was meant to be just a casual conversation. Without saying a word and merely listening, she nearly shuddered... Correction: she did shudder at the mention of Shakespearean plays. Sure, she loved drama. Sure, she loved a good play, and good play-writes, but had she been alive during Shakespeare's time, she no doubt would have at least tried to kill him. She couldn't stand any of his plays, least of all Romeo and Juliet. It was overdone, and slaughtered every time. Especially by school students. But... Oh well.

"Oh goodie..." She stated in a rather flat sarcastic manner about the choice of plays. For the Shakespeare ones she was definitely going to avoid any sore of lead rolls or too many scenes. Thankfully though they would all apparently be over quickly.
"I tend to show up for rehearsals anyway," Penelope shrugged, "But for my own reasons." She added with a slight laugh. She could certainly see what Dillon had meant about Leila, and wondered if Drama would be fun at all anymore.

Time would tell.

"Well, from memory I think she did, but we'd decided that too much time being together would start to damage our friendship, which we didn't want happening." Alicia smiled simply as if it were the simplest girly thing int he world. "But you get that, I suppose."

"Watching people fail sounds pretty fun. At least for a little." Allen smirked, knowing that some people could be hilarious and utter failures; and the fact it would give him a good excuse to unintentionally bug Leila. Not only by just him being there watching, but also with the fact Alicia would be with them. That in itself would annoy the girl probably to the point that she'd end up complaining and whining about to to Alicia afterwards, or worse. The single thought made him chuckle randomly, but softly, to himself/

"I would watch out though," Leila warned, a humored smile crossing her lips as if she knew some great secret. "This year Collin Trivellian was given permission to write the scripts for all the plays and thus he's taken it upon himself to modernize all of the Shakespearian plays. I've gotten a peak at them and I have to say they won't be as sad and mopey as most other productions set them out to be. Collin being Collin, he has made every sad scene in some form hilarious and every happy part a tad bit sad. Or some such thing. He's quiet talented in the writing department. Collin is the other person that decides who gets what part. And then there is Yutario Uzukashi--he's an exchange student that started the year after you left I believe. He will be the director and the last person that decides who gets what part."

Leila stopped outside of the door labeled as 'Drama' and looked at Penelope with a smile. "Welcome to Drama class Penelope," she said and slid open the door to reveal a rather busy bunch of bees inside. Everyone was moving and speaking, costume designs were being passed around and commented on. A quiet youth of no taller than five foot five inches came skidding over to Leila as if she were his savior.

"You found the lately returned drama princess of our school," the youth said, smiling over at Penelope. "You probably don't remember me. I'm Collin, head writer. I used to do the sound and lighting when you were part of drama. Are you by chance interested in doing any parts for the first play Much Ado? If so I have a copy of the script right here and I can run a few of the characters by you to see if you fit any, or they fit you." The young man was green eyed and blond haired with a tanned complexion. He wasn't athletic but he wasn't pudgy either--he was simply normal. He was about to go on when a taller man of maybe five ten or eleven came over and patted him on the shoulder. His Japanese heritage was obvious from the dark hair to his complexion the color of faded gold and his dark chocolate eyes.

"Collin, let the girl enter. It is not polite to bombard them with details before they even enter," Yutario said with a faint accent that had been dulled by almost two years here in England.

"Then to hang out we shall for as long as Miss Leila has detention then party crashing their try outs this afternoon we shall," Dillon said as if it were some big, well placed plan that had taken hours to come upon. "But what shall we do for the hour it takes Leila to speak with Mad Dog and do her detention? Alicia do you think the gardens will be opened even though its the first day of classes? It'd be kind cool to see how long it takes Dillon to figure out the Maze." The maze in which he was referring two was a three hundred year old Labyrinth that had been created by the schools first founder. Each year students timed themselves to see how quickly they could get through. In sixth grade it had taken Dillion from the end of classes to the bell of 'lights out' to figure his way out. He wasn't all that skilled with mazes.

Status
Not open for further replies.