A Estinthion Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching her face, he listened to her reply and simply smirked. He had been about to reply when she'd continued talking, her reply in French, and the teacher was now praising the both of them. Mind you, Allen could have just about burst out laughing at Leila's facial expression as the Teacher made her statement; had it not also applied to him. There was no way he could do that! Nu-uh, noooo way.

"Sorry, ma'am, but sadly that's the only French I know, and I learnt it from my cousin last year." He shook his head, needing to get out of it. For something like this, he didn't care too much about what others thought, but there was no way that he was willing to make a fool of himself talking some lame language in front of a lame class with such a girl as his partner. He greatly disliked giving Leila an upper hand on him on this, but it was worth it to get out of such a predicament.

With her heart finally stopping it's silly pounding, Alicia calmed and sat comfortably back in her chair when she realized that all the teacher wanted was for Dillon to read from the text book. At first she'd thought that the teacher had caught him; thankfully not. Else it would have been her that got in trouble instead. Upon receiving the note once again, she unfolded it carefully and read it, all the while keeping an eye on the teacher just in case. It took her a few minutes longer than normal to decipher it, but she managed, and smiled a little.

No kidding. Sorry about the failed flick. Mybad... Ugh, why can't this class just end. It's so droll when all they do is talk!

She went back to writing in English, not bothered in hurting her brain anymore writing Spanish - plus it was quicker, so there was less of a chance she would get caught by the teacher. She folded it up carefully and handed it back. God only knows what the rest of the class behind them thought, knowing they'd be able to see them passing notes back and forth. For now, she was just thankful no one had spoken up about it. Maybe because most of them were guys, and Alicia simply figured that they wanted to find out later from Dillon what they'd "really" been talking about.

"Nonsense! It wasn't a request, you two will be the demonstrators. It will give you practice. The more you practice the better you will become," the teacher said with a laugh at their silly notions of having a choice in her classroom. "With such good accents and tones now, imagine what you will accomplish if you give over to the language and practice with each other and demonstrate here in class?"

Leila looked up at the teacher as if the woman was on some kind of drug. "Allen, mein Freund, wäre es nicht schön, einfach Klaue die dumme Frau die Zunge heraus? Dann würden wir uns aus der Französisch-Klasse und in der Lage sein, über unser Leben, ohne zu sehen einander gehen. Perfekte Option, wenn Sie mich fragen," the young woman said, smiling over at him with a dark twinkle in her eye. "Oder vielleicht ein Fass, dass amerikanische Fett, dass Sie dunk alle Ihre Lebensmittel in."

"Mademoiselle Odell, you will speak English or French in this classroom. No other languages are allowed in here," the teacher said, seeming offended that anyone would want to speak any language other than French or English. Leila looked from Allen to the teacher. She would blame Alicia for this rather odd way of behaving. But seriously, who would want to be forced into demonstrating for any teacher? Leila had had about enough bad luck for the day.

Dillon coughed to cover a laugh and made his apologizes to the teacher after reading the note. He looked at the clock and smiled. they had less than 20 minutes before they found out if Leila or Allen got detention. He would feel sorry for Leila if she had managed to do it for she also had to talk with the counselor Mad Dog.

The Spanish language, like that of the French, is better when one speaks it to another that understands. To have a good conversation is what brings the language to life and creates bonds. We only have 20 more minutes before we see if your friend and my friend managed to stay alive during French. At least lunch is after this.

Dillon was about to slip the paper over when the teacher turned around. Dillon froze, his hand covering the paper that was on his desk still. After the teacher continued on with his lesson, Dillon waited several seconds before slipping the paper off of his desk and nudging it with his foot towards Alicia's desk. A foot moving across the isle like Dillon was stretching out was much less conspicuous than a hand reaching across an isle.

~~
1) Allen, my friend, would it not be lovely to simply claw the stupid woman's tongue out? Then we would be out of French class and be able to go about our lives without seeing one another. Perfect option if you ask me.
2)Or perhaps a vat of that American grease that you dunk all your foods in.

Allan had to hold back a scoff. 'What?! He growled to himself, barely keeping his jaw from dropping at the teacher's statement. But... He wasn't going to argue. In a few days time hopefully he'll either manage to weasel his way out of it, or out of the class entirely; if he was lucky enough that was. He did however smirk, not allowing himself to sound out an actual chuckle, at both Leila's German statement, and her getting in trouble for it.

After the fuss was over with, they were allowed to turn back around to their desks, much to Allen's approval, until the end of the lesson."Du weißt doch, es gibt keinen Weg ich demonstrieren Französisch der Klasse bin, und definitiv nicht so wie ich es tue mit dir." He said over his shoulder with a flat chuckle to Leila whilst swinging back on his chair when the teacher had walked away and was no longer looking. After that, he pulled out his little notebook and flipped through it a bit to waste the rest of the class away.

Alicia was just about to die. They were doing absolutely nothing this lesson and it was driving her bonkers. If it hadn't been for the passing of notes between herself and Dillon, she probably would have conjured up some excuse to leave by now. At least temporarily. Sighing, she glanced over as Dillon was still writing, and a small smile played with her lips as she looked down at her own work - which now wasn't even work; it was bunches of scribbles and swirls... She sighed softly, shaking her head at her own lack of art. Not that it had been intentional.

Looking down when she saw movement, her smile returned slightly and she suppressed a slight laugh as she intentionally dropped a pen so that she could reach down and pick the note up. Dillon wasn't the only one who could be crafty at delivering notes right under a teacher's nose. Sitting up again after retrieving her pen and the note, she folded it open. Frowning with curiosity at the first part, to the point where her head cocked to the side slightly, she understood it well enough, but not the reason as to why Dillon had written it.
'Serious? 20 more minutes of this boring class?! I wouldn't mind if we were actually doing something other than... What are we meant to be doing?' she'd been about to write about the lack of what they were doing when it actually hit her that she didn't actually know what they weremean to be doing. Shrugging to herself, she continued,
'Well at least when we get out we have something to look forward to." She wrote a smilie face beside it before folding it up and, this time taking proper aim, flicked it back. Smiling with a successful flick, the paper had landed on Dillon's lap; somehow having managed to get between the boy's body and his desk, but hey, Alicia wasn't complaining.

~~~
​You do know there's no way I'm demonstrating French to the class, and definitely no way I'm doing it with you.

Leila wanted to shoot something. Anything. Particularly the teacher and the young man sitting in front of her. She even went as far as to wanting to shoot herself--but that would have been in the leg or the arm sot hat she coud get out of having to come to classes for a few weeks. Not that she actually had a gun to preform such a stunt. At least she would get away from him at last during lunch. She hoped that he didn't find out where she and Alicia normally had lunch--or that Alicia didn't get any bright ideas and plan to have lunch with someone else and drag her along so that Leila would giggle away with her.

She was just packing up her things a few minutes before they were to go when the teacher turned from the notes on the board and looked at the two. "Be ready to perform the conversation from today tomorrow morning during class you two. I suggest you practice the tone in which you use them," the teacher said with a bright smile.

Leila twitched again. No. That was it. It exploded. While her day hadn't been a complete wreck--she had Alicia in most of her classes and she could talk with her when class got boring--it was definitely starting to suck completely. Inhaling she rose from her desk. Miss polite goody-too shoes was gone for the day. Maybe it was being tired. Maybe it was from all the alone time that she had had during the summer that made her realize just how boring that line of attitude was. "Professor, I refuse to work with him. He's insufferable, has one of the worst accents I have ever heard, and we aren't exactly on friendly terms."

"I really don't care what you think of him Mademoiselle Odell. You will work with him, or take a weeks detention and still have to work with Monsieur Walker," the teacher threatened, sure that this would put the disobedient child in her place.

"I don't think you understand me professor. I will not, under any circumstances, work with him." Leila said, "Maybe something in french will be a bit clearer.
Je ne vais pas travailler avec Monsieur Walker, même si vous me jetez par la fenêtre et me place cordes. Do you understand?" This was completely unlike her. She was trembling with anger and most everyone was staring at her. By the end of lunch everyone would know that she spoke well enough French without having been in class for a day, and that she had gone insane. No one that she knew of had ever stood up against a teacher in a class at Estinthion. At least not in the years that she had been there.

"Monsieur Walker, do you have the same sentiments about working with Mademoiselle Odell?" the teacher asked, not showing her intentions should he answer yes or no.

Dillon was impressed at her aim and was glad that the paper didn't weigh more for he wasn't sure if he would have been able to keep the grunt of pain from leaving his lips and bringing attention to himself. He took the paper and was about to open it when the teacher began once again to address the class rather than the white board. Slipping it under his notebook, Dillon faced the teacher and waited. And waited. And waited a little bit longer. Dillon couldn't believe it. Mr. Onderian couldn't possibly be changing the way he worked was he? After all, everyone knew that once the teacher turned and faced the board they were more or less free to pass notes however they pleased. So why was the teacher lecturing to them instead of the board now?!

Fifteen minutes later the teacher turned back to the board and Dillon quickly unfolded the note. His eyes scanned the piece of paper. He smiled and looked up to make sure the teacher was following his normal routine--writing the homework up on the board.

I think Mr. Onderian is sick. Who would have thought he'd start talking to the class no? Maybe you should bring your friend with you at lunch and sit with me and my friends? This may be mean of me but I do like seeing a girl get frustrated with a guy. It is so entertaining the different expressions they can make. I was thinking of inviting Allen along as well.

He folded the paper and when he was sure the teacher wasn't looking, flicked the paper so that it landed in her lap this time. He'd out flick her any day simply to show her he could. It wasn't a mean spirited competition, just one he prided himself on.

~~
I will not work with Mister Walker even if you throw me out a window and string me up.

So Leila was having a bad day? Try being Allen. He was plain having a bad week! The plane trip, this school, this class, and Leila... He sat and listened in amusement, a smirk on his face as he absorbed all of Leila's whining. It wasn't though, until the teacher spoke, that Allen's smirk and amusement totally disappeared. He said nothing, for now, but waited for Leila to finish her ranting. It was certainly amusing and the rest of the class seemed to think so too. Some were laughing when the girl spoke in French, but much to Allen's disappointment, he didn't understand it; knowing Leila's quick tongue, it would have been good - even if he wouldn't openly admit it, obviously.

He continued to just sit there and watch and listen, examining the teacher's increasingly infuriated face with great amusement. Until it came that Leila stopped ranting, and the teacher took her turn to speak to him. Great... He listened, and thought carefully for a moment. This was really going to tick Leila off, so of course he went ahead and said what he thought,
"Ma'am, being that I'm new here, and I've come from a school that I learnt German in for about 5 years, French has never been of interest to me, and so I've never learnt anything other than that one line I learnt from my cousin. However​, if it will keep myself out of detention, as that would simply look bad being a new student, I suppose I can deal with the lovely Miss Odell here long enough to do tomorrow's presentation. But I do ask that that be the end of it; I'll be looking at removing myself from this class, as it was not my choice to be part of it." It wasn't often he spoke for so long to a teacher, but he did so in a very pleasant manner, mainly to annoy Leila of course, and with a charming small smile that used to work amazingly well back at his old school - he just hoped it would do the same here.

Alicia had just about had enough. She couldn't believe how much the teacher was actually talking, and straight to them! She even glanced around at a couple of other students who had the same surprised expression that she did. However, it didn't mean she was paying attention. She's sank back in her seat and stared at a single spot on the roof just above the board - so it at least looked like she was paying attention - and thought about how her girl would be coping with Allen in French. Either way, if they got detention or not, she would win the bet with Dillon, which she really wasn't sure why he would give her a win-win option rather than a normal win-lose. Strange...

'Come onnnn, turn around again! I wanna see what he's writtennnn...' Alicia whined to herself on the inside, and almost let out a verbal "yes!" when he finally turned back to the board. She smiled upon the swift reply and delivery of the note, opening it immediately. She'd never been super excited about passing notes before like she was now, but maybe that was because she was bored out of her going-insane mind.

I know right. He must be. And oh my gosh do you
want Leila to kill me?! Ha, Of course I will :) She'll forgive me... Eventually. Now, hurry up 5 minutes!
She folded the paper up and during a moment when the teacher still had his back, she reached over with it in her hand, and placed it on his desk. Of course her luck didn't last and the teacher turned around, immediately glaring at her,
"What do you think you're doing?"
"Borrowing a pen, Sir, mine just died." Alicia was always good at thinking on her feet, and swiftly stole one of Dillon's pens, leaving the note behind craftily.

~~

Well, apparently 'craftily' is a word. No red squiggly line under it.

Leila had to admit, the guy had tack if not personality. She looked at the teacher carefully. What would the woman say?

"I do not know if that is how things are done in America, but here in Estinthion Academy once you have participated in a class you are in that class until the semester ends, Monsieur Walker. Also, you have a talent for the accent and I'm sure you will be able to learn quickly enough. Obviously you and Mademoiselle Odell have a link there with German. I hope it helps the two of you to cooperate on learning and participating correctly in this class. I thank you for being mature enough to handle this situation as you have. For you Mademoiselle Odell, come here after classes to begin your detention," the woman said before walking off, leaving no room for discussion on Leila's part.

Leila wanted to call the woman several unkind names and indeed mumbled several German cuss words under her breath so that only those closest to her could understand. Finally class was over and she scrambled from the room, intent on getting as far away from the man and the teacher as she could for the next twenty four hours. She would protest this working together plan of the teacher in a different way--not working with the guy on the words.

Dillon smiled at the teacher and covered the piece of paper as the teacher turned his attention on them. After that the teacher simply lectured to them, not wanting to see any more 'pen borrowing'. Frowning, Dillon set about to taking notes before gratefully looking up at the ceiling as the class ended. Rising from his seat he smiled at the young woman as he read the note. "Then may I accompany you to the French class room so I can speak with Allen?" he asked, his Irish accent thicker after not speaking for a good half hour. "I hope ye don't mind the company I mean."

Allen was not at all impressed. No, he did not have a talent for the accent. No he was not going to learn the language, and especially not quickly. And he was certainly not going to use his 'link with German' with her. He did however find it amusing that he escaped detention whilst Leila did not. However, he did mutter under his breath upon standing at the end of the class,
'Richtig, was Sie sagen ... Ich werde meinen Weg finden aus ihm heraus, nur du warten und sehen, dumme Kuh.' He did however say it whilst walking past Leila; it wasn't aimed at her, but at the teacher, but he knew Leila would hear it. It wasn't his fault if she, by chance, took it the wrong way, and nor did he care.

Exiting the class, Allen made a steady getaway from Leila, and the rest of the class. He didn't know where he was going though, and as a result, ended up tailing Leila - from a distance - in hope she would beeline herself to Alicia, and therefore the Spanish class, which meant Dillon. He was genuinely surprised at how the students didn't practically stampede the halls now that it was lunch like they did back in the US. In a way, it was sort of refreshing. But it also made him miss it.

Alicia couldn't help but giggle a bit. For some strange reason she simply adored the sound of Dillon's accent. It was common knowledge that half of the world's population of English-speaking women loved male Irish accents, or at least that's what she'd heard anyway. She could certainly understand why. It sounded so alluring and smooth and... and...
"Of course not!" She snapped out of her momentary daze and smiled at him; well, up at him, really. She was about half a head shorter. "I don't mind the company at all." Giving a small, but casually flirty smile, Alicia grabbed her stuff, shoved it in her bag, and headed for the door.

~~

Right, whatever you say... I'll find my way out of it, just you wait and see, silly cow.

Leila saw Alicia before Alicia saw Leila. She also saw that Alicia was having a good time talking with Dillon. Instead of walking up and ruining her friend's time with the guy that she obviously liked, Leila slipped into a side alcove, awaiting for Alicia to pass by. No one could say that Leila was completely unromantic. She knew her friend had a crush on Dillon and was intent on giving her friend a chance to talk with him. With that in mind she made herself as small and unseen as she could, looking out over the courtyard below the window. This gave her time to run over the events. Eventually Alicia would find out, as would her parents. She winced at that thought but then shrugged it off. "They'll understand if I simply explain," she said to the window in order to reassure herself.

She didn't show how the words Allen had said on his way out had hurt her. Even though she didn't show it as much as Alicia did, she cared a great deal about her appearance and what others thought of her. She just wouldn't verbalize it. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and tried to see why he had called her a cow. She couldn't write that off as simply being mean. What if she really did? Closing her eyes, she slipped out of her hiding hole after she had seen Dillon pass by with Alicia. She looked after them and saw Allen further down the corridor. Leila hardened her gaze whens he saw him. She turned and started to walk away quickly, hoping that Alicia wouldn't notice her.

Dillon grinned as he walked towards the french class room. "So, I was thinking, I'm feeling rather evil, as you may have noticed. What do you think would happen should I invite Allen to the three day weekend retreat if I should win this little bet of ours? It wouldn't be very fair of me to ask two girls--both of which are very beautiful in their own ways--alone to a beach house, so I was thinking that maybe Allen might enjoy coming with us as well. Of course I wouldn't tell him that we'd be having guests of your caliber," he suggested. He noticed a girl that looked a great deal like Leila in an alcove. He was about to point her out when he also noticed Allen a bit further down the hallway and raised his hand in a greeting. "So what do you think Alicia?"

Once out of the main wave of students leaving his and the nearby classes, Allen spotted Dillon. Thank heavens for that too, because he was starving and didn't have a clue where the cafeteria was; mind you, he probably could have simply followed anyone and he would have found himself there. He also noticed Alicia walking beside him. Now, Allen wasn't stupid. It was simple enough for him to tell that they were getting along really well... That, and the fact that Leila hadn't gone and stolen her friend away yet must have meant that something was going on. Not caring for the way of women, Allen headed on over towards Dillon and Alicia.

Walking along with Dillon was proving both highly amusing, and evilly productive. Alicia listened to his suggestion intently, a grin having danced it's way to her lips.
"I like the way you think, Mister Leon." She grinned, but then sighed, "However, I value my friendship with Leila... She would kill me for sure - even if I were to tell her I 'didn't know' she would still find out." Chewing her lip, she had a very serious deep-thought expression on her face and was chewing her bottom lip, "I certainly love the idea but..." She trailed off when Allen was about 5 feet in front of them. Glancing, by chance, just behind her shoulder, Alicia caught sight of Leila, and after a very swift 'bye' to Dillon, she dashed off and caught up with her friend, looping arms immediately.

"Please tell me you both didn't get a detention!" Was the first thing she said, followed by, "Spanish was sooooo fun. Well, sorta. The class itself wasn't, but it was very entertaining passing notes with Dillon the whole time. Ha! His accent is amazing too. 'Ave you ever heard him talk? Oooohhhhh...." And that was about the end of it for a good 5 minutes as the redhead zoned out in a daydream; thankfully to her arm linked with Leila's, she didn't run into anything more than a few student's shoulders.

~~
((I apologize for the pure lameness. I was going to try come up with something epic, got distracted by Doctor Who, and then got uber tired.))

Leila looked at her friend and blinked a few time. She knew how much Alicia liked Dillon. Why hadn't the other girl stayed with him if she had been having such a good time? But why was she saying both? Instead of bothering the girl with her own worries, Leila simply guided the young woman through the hallways so that she didn't completely trample any one. "If you are speaking about that jerk Allen and I, now we both didn't get detention. He was able to silver tongue his way out of it. I have it for a week because I told the teacher that there was no way that I would ever work with an obnoxious jerk like him," she told her friend as they turned into the cafeteria. "I'm glad you at least had a good time." While with others this sentence may have been spoken with a little bit of resentment, Leila was able to say it and truly sound pleasant about it.

"Ah! My friend Dillon, come along, it is lunch time," Dillon announced as Alicia went after Leila. He had to admit that the young woman was an intriguing puzzle that he meant to solve during their last year at this amazing school. "Tell me that you and Miss Leila got detention during your class? I have a nice little bet going with the girl that if one of you got detention I'd win. Come now, come now, tell me if the French classroom is in any kind of radioactive danger of a nuclear explosion," he said with a rather amusing smile on his face. He after all had to know if he had to prepare two train tickets for the two girls to the beach house, if not one more for Dillon. Even if Alicia didn't think that they would survive the weekend, he was fully prepared to be the super sneak. After all, she had said no, but he still said yes. If things went his way he'd have all four of them at his beach house in three weeks.

"Oh, sorry..." Alicia apologised after she snapped out of her daydream and grinned at Leila, "Awww, I'm sorry Lei-lei." She teased lightly in a nearly purred tone. She just loved to tease her friend. Staying be Leila's side until they'd gotten something to eat and went to their little spot for the rest of the lunch break, Alicia only finally moved to sit in front of her friend then. Tossing her red hair out of her face with a simple flick of her head, her grin never disappeared.

"So! Dillon and I made a bet. That if you and Allen, or wait... was it just one of you? Damn, I think it was both... Anyway, umm.. Got a detention, that's right, then he would invite us to a beach house for the weekend. And if you's didn't, then I'd have to come up with something funny and stupid for him to do tomorrow in homeroom." She sounded all excited and expecting.

"And thank goodness for it too. I'm starving!" Allen smiled a little, and walked along beside Dillon, about to ask him how his class had gone considering he seemed to have been getting along so well with Leila's friend, but he was beaten to it, sort of.
"Oh... I didn't. She did. The teacher has us working together on presenting to the class tomorrow. Of course we both disagreed to it, but she made more of an outburst to it, whereas I simply sweet-talked my way out of it. Oh, and apparently we both know German. She tried whining about me, only to learn I could understand her." He chuckled slightly as they entered the cafeteria.

It had been about two years since Penelope had been at Estinthion Academy. She had been an exchange student to the US, Canada, and for a couple of months, South Africa. But now, she was back, and oh how she loved being back. As much as she'd enjoyed being away, she couldn't wait to meet all new friends; as she'd sadly found out that all of her friends that had been here had left. Leaving the school's office after he parent's had left, Penelope headed down to the cafeteria, knowing that it was lunch not by the loudness of the school, but by the sound and feel of her own stomach.

~~
((I'll go into more detail on her shortly))

Leila started to eat her food until Alicia exclaimed about the bet maid on Allen and Leila's fate in a french class. She closed her eyes and ducked her head, pushing a fork full of salad and chicken into her mouth to give her time to decide on the proper way of responding to it. "So I suppose this means that you may be able to go to a beach house with Dillon, if he thought it was only one of us that is. I'm happy for you, congrats," She said after swallowing her food. She managed to smile up at her friend before turning back to her food.

As she ate, Allen's comment came flying back at her. Silly cow... Silly cow... It kept repeating in her mind until she placed her fork down and swallowed back a truly sick feeling. "You will be careful, should you go yes? I'd hate for you to get hurt if I'm not there." She wouldn't tell anyone that she was very protective of Alicia. It was something about the other girl that Leila didn't trust to know a bad situation--like going to a beach house alone, with a guy that she hardly knew. Leila was the older sister of their friendship. Especially when the guy was staring at a girl that had just entered the cafeteria.

"I don't know what you did Allen, but you really must have gotten under Leila's skin. To date she has had detention a total of zero times in all the years that she's stayed here. Up until today she was known as the best student a teacher could wish for--complacent, willing to do about anything for a good grade. It's interesting to see such a girl being turned upside down. Whatever you are doing, keep going," Dillon said stretching as he led the way after the girls into the cafeteria. He grabbed a tray and started to grab healthy sized portions.

"Penelope is back!" said a man that raced passed him.

Dillon blinked and looked around towards the entrance of the lunch hall, "Well I'll be an Irish leprechaun's uncle, she's back," he said, stopping in line for a moment to look at the girl over. It had been two years since the young girl had been forced to leave the academy due to personal reasons. Many of her friends had left the school since then, but Dillon hadn't forgotten her.

Alicia giggled at Leila's protectiveness,
"Leilaaaaaa. You know that I would never go somewhere like that without you. Even if it is with Dillon. I'm not daft. And besides, I'd miss you too much." She assured after finishing a mouthful of her fruit salad. She then heard the huge commotion of people cheering and yelling, and looked around to see what the heck was going on.
"Oh wow, look. Penelope's back." Alicia smiled. She'd had a couple of classes with the girl when she'd first been starting out here, and she'd seemed nice enough, but had never found out why she'd left all of a sudden.
"Well, the guys are going to have a field day." She giggled, turning back to Leila and her food.

"So who's she?" Allan asked out of curiosity and interest to Dillon as he followed the other's direction of gaze. She was pretty gorgeous, but also simplistic at the same time, and didn't look like she'd be anything like the ordinary girls back in the States. He could already hear the wolf whistles coming from guys all around the inside and outside of the cafeteria, and watched as the girl simply made her way over near them; but more specifically it seemed to the food line. Like so many others, his gaze followed her the entire way, and was pleasantly shocked when she stopped in front of Dillon.

Well it was certainly a nice and warm welcome. Penelope smiled and waved at a few people as she looked around. Walking over to the food line, a particular person caught her eye and she smiled widely, stopping before him.
"Dillon! Wow, I'm so glad to see you're still here." She lent forward and hugged him briefly, "This place has hardly changed much. New students, obviously, and some old ones no longer here, but that's life I guess. How have you been, anyway, and oooh, who's your new friend?" She nodded at Allen with a small smile. Her accent was mostly British still, but there were certainly mixes of more Americanized English as well, slightly.

Dillon laughed and pulled the girl into a bear hug before letting her go, "Same as always Penelope, welcome back. You didn't really think I'd leave this old place now did ye? This is Allen, he just transferred in from the US. Allen, this is Penelope, she's an old student form here that used to raise nine kinds of 'ell whenever she wanted to, isn't that right Pene? " He asked, smiling warmly at the girl. At one point he might have been stunned at her beauty and maybe even sheepish, but that had been two years before when he'd had a huge crush on the girl. Now it had been with friendly curiosity. "Will you come sit with us, or are you going to try and see if one of the other groups will let you sneak in a seat like you used to do?"

Leila looked over at Alicia and blinked. "You aren't really going to tell me that I was invited, much less have been asked to go are you? Alicia if you are pulling my leg about this I'll make you sorry. You know I hate people that sya I can go somewhere and then tell me it was just a joke and I wasn't really supposed to come," Leila warned. Such a thing had happened to her her first week at Estinthion and she had never really forgiven the group of girls that had pulled the prank on her. Leila had watched as Penelope had hugged Dillon and raised an eyebrow. "Oh yes, ALicia I do think they will. Expecially if she keeps hanging around with Dillon there. I think the girls'll be up in arms soon enough. Just don't lead the riot all right Alicia? Our little partnership has already gotten in far more than enough trouble as it is with me having to see the counselor and get detention this afternoon."

"Well hello there, Allen. I've actually been in the US for the past year. I was in South Africa and Canada first, and then I traveled around Utah, Missouri, and then Florida." Penelope grinned, holding her hand out, gesturing a handshake to Allen.
Taking her hand, Allen kissed it, rather than shaking it, being all charm-like to at least come off as nice.
"Wow, you are the traveler aren't you. I come from Florida actually. Miami."
"It's such a beautiful place." Penelope nodded, before turning back to Dillon, "Sure, I'll join you if you don't mind. I'm starved and couldn't be bothered walking around." She smiled, nodding.

"No, I would never do that to you!" Alicia gasped dramatically, looking insulted. "I'll have to double check with Dillon again about everything..." Her smile faded though when she paid attention to what Leila said, and she turned her head to look over at Penelope and Dillon and her heart sank.
"Gee, thanks for pointing that out." She muttered, looking flatly at her friend. She wasn't normally the jealous type, but, after her fun Spanish lesson with Dillon... Maybe having Penelope back would change things.
'

~~

((sorry its so crap X-X i got seriously distracted.))

(dont' worry about it xD))

Dillon raised an eyebrow and laughed at Allen's introductory kiss. "So you are nice to Penelope and Alicia but you piss of the nice girl Leila? Geez you have it down to an art man," he said before picking up his tray, "Hurry up and get your food Pene, you aren't the only one that is hungry." It was a tease, but he did move down the line, picking up a few different foods. Then he turned and looked around the hall for a table before deciding to get one near Alicia's table out of pure fun. He walked across the hall and slipped into one such table with a smile at Alicia.

Leila dipped her head and looked at her food. She hated it when Alicia got sad. "You know, maybe we should just go outside and eat in the courtyard or something," Leila said when Dillon started to approach. "Either way I'm not feeling that hungry anyway." She didn't eat a bunch, but she wasn't someone to pass meals either. But when she saw Dillon move towards them, she worried that Allen would come near. She didn't want to cause any more trouble. Nor did she want to hear any other German insults. It helped that she wanted to distract her friend as well from the Dillon-Penelope-Thing. Of course, if Alicia didn't want to go outside that might cause a problem.

Penelope nodded at the suggestion of getting the food and went ahead to do so. She then followed the guys as they headed over to a surprisingly empty table. It was great to be back, having people say hi to her all the time as she walked around. Classes were certainly going to be a bit tough having been out of them for so long... Well, here, anyway.
"Hey, what classes do you guys have anyway? I know I missed History and Spanish already. I have Artistic Media after lunch..."
"I just had French. Oh the joys of that..." Allen scoffed softly with a smirk at Dillon; and then noticed which table they were near, "And I believe Dillon just had Spanish with," he nodded his head in the direction of Alicia, who was getting up and walking away with Leila to what looked like outside.
Penelope followed his nod and looked at the girl, smiling softly at her when she'd looked over her shoulder. She wonder what the sour look was for, but simply sighed and shrugged as she started eating.

Alicia looked up at Leila, "Sure, good idea." She packed the rest of her food up and saw Dillon, Allen and Penelope walking over.
"I'll talk to him later about things I guess. I'm feeling sick now." She'd always seen Penelope surrounded in boys, and girls, but didn't really care much for the girl's attitude and such. Well, at least not what she showed anyway. Alicia knew that the girl probably wasn't as bad as she seemed. Maybe this was the way that Leila saw Allen?
"Hey... I think I feel the same towards Penelope that you do to Allen..." She laughed softly, "Well, sort of."

Dillon's smile slipped away when Alicia and Leila got up and left their table. He supposed he could have gone after and seen if they wanted to sit with them, but at the same time he wanted to catch up with Penelope. He turned back and smiled at his older friend, "Advanced Spanish with Alicia was more exciting than I thought it would be. Probably not as exciting as Allen's witnessing Leila Odell saying no to a teacher and getting detention, but more interesting than I thought it would be. Let's try to at least study this year Penelope. I do want to perfect my Spanish speaking skills before I go off to some Spain university," Dillon said with a laugh before tucking into his food, his gaze going to the exit to the courtyard after a moment, a thoughtful look on his face.

Leila shook his head. "I doubt what you are feeling for Penelope is what I feel for Allen my dear. I am not jealous or spiteful to that jerk. I just dislike him, hate him, and want to disembowel him with a guillotine before--Well, it only gets worse from there. You, I think, have jealousy issues," Leila told her friend before going to sit on one of the benches in the courtyard. "Listen, Alicia, I know I'm not the expert on guys that you are, obviously. But wouldn't it be better to ask him about Penelope? Or maybe ask around to see if he's ever had a girlfriend from this school before?"

Looking nearly dumbfounded, Penelope stared blankly at Dillon,
"You serious? That goody-too shoes actually finally said no to a teacher? Wow, not before time." She giggled softly, starting to eat what she'd picked out for lunch and listening to Dillon, "So Dillon... You seemed to have enjoyed your class with Alicia then. I sort of remember her. Never really spoken much though. And since when did you want to study in a Spanish University?" She laughed, shaking her head
. Penelope hoped that her time back at Estinthion was going to be just as exciting as what it seemed to have become for Dillon.
​Allen was staying pretty quiet, simply listening to the conversation as he ate. He didn't want to interrupt the catch-up time between the two; that, and he wasn't sure if the pair had a personal previous history, but... He wasn't going to pry. He knew better.

Alicia giggled, "I'm sure you're right," she nodded, smiling as she walked with Leila outside and sat down again, "Hmmm, that might just be an idea. Or I could simply ask him in Spanish tomorrow. I'm sure I can come up with a fancy way of asking without giving anything away. What do you think?" She cocked her head to the side in thought as she lent back against what she thought was a wall behind her; there was, but it wasn't as close as she thought, so what else could happen than Alicia ending up falling backwards, skirt flying up of course, and the drink she'd been carrying going all over her clothes. However, Alicia being Alicia, she simply laughed it off awkwardly as she sat up, cheeks flushed a bit as she looked around, fixing her skirt immediately and hoping to make herself look at least a bit more presentable again. Excluding the soaked clothes, of course.
"Well... That didn't go as planned." She muttered to Leila with a sigh.

Leila had a hand over her mouth, attempting her hardest not to laugh outright. She took a deep breath and giggled a little bit. "We should get you back to my room, I have some extra shirts that you can change into, if neither of us have grown too much from last semester," Leila said with a small smile. Having been here on campus since the sixth grade, she had gotten one of the lowest floor rooms which had become scarce after that year. She put her tray to the side, sure that the workers that cleaned the area after lunch would pick it up then. Then she looked around to see what kind of damage control they'd have to do. Thankfully it was a slightly windy day and most people had decided to stay indoors rather than come outside.

She grabbed her own drink and downed the rest of it before smiling without laughter this time at her friend. "You really need to be more careful about what's around you Alicia," she said, unable to hold in a small giggle.

"Not only did she say no to a teacher, but she also spoke out in class about beating Allen here up with a baseball bat--or at least, that is what we think she was talking about since she was describing a wonderful little doodle she did that Mr. Barton saw and asked about. Allen and her aren't on that great of terms it seems, and he just started today. And I decided I wanted to study in Spain about three months after you left. Amazing place really," Dillon said as he chuckled with her. "So what was America like? I haven't gotten around to asking Allen here about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.