A Dystopian Pokemon RP

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by G3n3s1sR3b0rn, Jan 30, 2015.

?

What do you think of the name of the roleplay?

1. The name is fine. Let's keep it.

75.0%
  2. The name is fine, but let's change it to something better. (Please suggest a name)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like the name. Let's change it. (Please suggest a name)

25.0%
  4. I don't like the name, but I could care less.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sound of Enslavement

[​IMG]

My friend came up with an amazing Pokemon RP idea and mechanic. Though I helped out with it, I still give full credit to them. I shall summarize it.

The Plot Basically, Team Flare and Team Plasma got together and designed a special sound frequency that turned Pokemon (wild or caught) into Rogues, or Pokemon that attack humans on sight, and broadcast it worldwide. Over the time span of ten years, humans were able to build special domes to keep the Rogues out. But strangely enough, a few trainers (the roleplayers) were somehow able to snap two of their Pokemon out of the trance. They were prepared with all of the necessary equipment and sent outside the domes to try and stop the new Team, but of course, there were too many Rogues. Before their Pokemon fainted, they were knocked out and dragged to an unknown location... Which is where the RP starts.

The Mechanic Pt.1 A team of scientists have created weapons for use against the Rogues. These weapons are in the form of gloves. These gloves, when in use, form a bubble of energy around the user. The user's Pokemon are then ordered to attack the bubble to "mold" it into armor and/or weapons. Depending on what type of Pokemon it is, and the Pokemon's (really the user's) preference, the armor and weapon will be different. It is advised to have two Pokemon of the same type for maximum efficiency with the gloves. With two different types of Pokemon, you will get armor from one type and a weapon from the other. These will be weaker than armor and weapons from the same type.

The Mechanic Pt.2 The gloves use the Pokemon's power to work. They can still move and attack, but it will drain your Pokemon faster. The gloves are stronger than your Pokemon, because it gives the strength of two Pokemon in one. The more you use them, the more tired your Pokemon will get. If one of your Pokemon is in danger of fainting, the energy will leave the gloves and go back to your Pokemon. Whichever needs it most, will get the most energy. Legendary Pokemon will obviously have more energy than normal Pokemon.

The Mechanic Pt.3 The process of freeing Pokemon is complicated. Once defeating the Pokemon, a dark orb will appear around them. The Trainer must go up and touch the sphere. Their mind will connect to the Pokemon's and they will be absorbed into the sphere. Once inside, you will be confronted by the Pokemon's true mind. They will be able to speak to you and you with them. You must make a bond with them to free their mind from the trance. The sphere will then disappear and you and the Pokemon will be free to move, fight, or whatever else is necessary.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me for clarification.

2. Might join (~o-o)~

• Like Like x 1
  3. I like it.
    I'll join!

• Like Like x 1
  4. im down like a clown for this been looking for a pokemon rp.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds interesting enough! I'm in!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ooooh, cool. Glad I decided to take a look at this!

I'll join too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. WOOOOO~!!!!!! I was looking forward to this RP when it first came out before so glad that you tried to go for it again~! *nods head happily* Yeah i will join~ <3 Although I would like to use my old charrie sheets do you know where the old thread is?

• Love Love x 1
  8. This looks pretty cool, I love Pokemon so I'll probably join :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. So just to clarify, each of us will start off with only 2 Pokémon, right?

Also, are our starter Pokémon only allowed to be starter types? What's the maximum level for them? What region are we going to be in?

Sorry if that's a lot of questions, by the way. I'm just super duper excited for this to start! :bouncy:

10. Yay! You decided to bring it back :) :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. No problem! :)

12. I am so excited for this to start up again~ @G3n3s1sR3b0rn *pokes softly* sorry haven;t heard a peep after you showed me this link before~ ^^

13. This looks interesting, I'll join this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry. Been busy all weekend. Should start everything up soon. Today or tomorrow.

@Circe Yes, you start with only two Pokemon. The level really doesn't matter. They can be starter types. The further along the evolution chain they are, the stronger the armor/weapons will be.

@Franco Hey! Thanks for rejoining and getting the link for Eternal!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.