Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where everyone went.

Yaaaaaay she's back!

Took me a while to decide where I wanted to take you all, so sorry for the wait.

Reactions: redlemonaide
So... It's been two weeks. Should we start yapping at the other players, or should I post again?

I have to be honest, there's a lot of ambiguity that makes things hard to follow or do anything with. We're in the "outer area of Disney" with a "dark spot that seemed to grow" in the middle of the map, it's nighttime, we're group 1836 (or whatever), fighting some darkness we know nothing about cause RITA is terrible at answering questions. So right now it seems like we're restarting the question round, only with Miss Malware Mallory? Either that or head straight for the dark spot assuming it's the darkness and go in fighting first thing with Warrior Tatonka, all spontaneous-like, again. I think we need a little more narrative, Writing Owl. Or even a chance for some more dialogue so the characters can get to know one another a little more and build the story that way. You can let us know what you're expecting/allowing us to do in the OOC, but all you said was you couldn't decide where to take us and... we don't even know where that is.

This could easily be any number of live Disney movies. It could also be any number of cartoons - so do we automatically become cartoons of ourselves, does the world look normal to us so the cartoon people take on n alien 3-dimensional look. I mean, if it's a Goofy Movie, things could be really weird. That might be the difference between "Hey, let's go to a pizza joint, sit down, and get to know one another, then make a plan of attack" and "does anyone else hear the animals talking? Uh... maybe we should investigate" or some other crazy action deserving a Disney adventure, ya know? Posting isn't necessarily difficult, but it's not... fun. Eight people can't ask the same thing, or wait around for one other persons question to be answered, there needs to be room for innovation with enough information so they know where their limits lie without stepping on your toes as the GM and essential maker of these worlds.

Chances are this isn't coming across nice, so I apologize for any offense I might be causing, but figured it was better to say something than to just disappear...

Reactions: Fyrra
Nah, it's fine, I tend to have trouble as a gm in giving people enough description without feeling like I'm controlling the rp and your characters completely, so I'm sorry if I'm leaving you all with nothing. I'll admit, I'm a crappy gm. So, if you guys need more direction, I'll try to write it in so we can flow with things.

Everyone's afraid to step on everyone else's toes, it doesn't make you a bad GM. However, as a GM, you're kind of allowed to - it's your game! As long as you're not godmodding, you should be fine, and people can either follow or drop out. Some of the strictest GMs have been the best. No one really knows what you have planned, so you just gotta make it clear. I know I make a terrible mind-reader! Let us know as soon as you've got it updated and where you want things to go or what vague plan you can let us in on. Most RPers are actually pretty good at not metagaming, so don't be afraid to let us in on some stuff - you don't have to give away all your secrets or anything! - just little things. I know it would help me ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: The Writing Owl
Alrighty, I added some description to the world making it a little more obvious what the movie we're currently in is. We aren't going to start bashing stuff right away, though that is going to come up soon. Right now is kinda the time for everyone to group up and come up with a game plan. I'll send the fight you guy's way after you all get a bit of time to interact and get to know each other. So right now's just a bit of a "Get to know each other more" segment, but I promise you the first fight will be happening soon after everyone kinda knows each other. I'm setting it up where each world has a bit of a boss battle, kind of like in an rpg or in other videogames. So after we find the root of the problem, we'll encounter a boss. Since Mallory doesn't fight, I'll be controlling the shadows and darkness for you guys to fight. :)

• Love
Reactions: redlemonaide
"We must destroy the robots!"

"But Tokola, you *are* the robots!"

"Noooooooo!!!!"

He's paranoid and uneasy around robots now. =3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.