Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to be completely gone, just a bit slower when posting. I'll still check up on you all when I can, and I have a post ready in queue for when everyone gets their damn hands on the crystal. Though I do have to say that your posts, @redlemonaide could all be the start of a novel by themselves.

Guides are in no way Disney characters at all. I can't really talk about it too much without revealing all of my bag of tricks, but the Disney characters are unable to Guide you. So, Miss Robot has set up a whole slew of mini hers who will take you around Disney and can help you blend into the environment there. 1 Guide is appointed per group, and each Guide has a select programming, or abilities, that allow them to blend the heroes into each of the settings that they traverse.

You might have noticed that my character is a Guide in her other...

So, if you're going to disappear, I gotta ask: What's up with the Guides? Are these going to be Disney characters who pair up with us? If so, are you picking them out or are we supposed to be describing something other than a shadowy mass inside the crystals? Might be able to play that up until you get back so that things don't slow down while you're gone.

o.o *goes to look up these people*

You're welcome to describe them now! I like being able to describe things in the rp, so if there were differences between Tokola's S&S and Max's S&S, I wanted to do them justice. Since he's switched to axes, it's not quite as necessary, but absolutely always welcome ^_^ I did describe Ryder's clothes in the first post as a black sweater and - presumably - jeans as he wears his clothes from the night before to bed rather frequently, and the GM's OP stated no one could remember even going to sleep.

Don't worry so much about stereotypes, I'd say. You're clearly aware of them and putting in the effort to avoid them, but you're going to run into them whether you like it or not, and - like you pointed out - avoiding them entirely can be just as bad. You'll never be able to satisfy everybody. When it comes to Native American culture, a lot of it was diffused with the settlers. Almost all tribes were Christianized and started wearing what could be termed cowboy clothing by that era, so the heritage is... no outrage, please, but more or less for show. And untrue as this may be in some circumstances, it is as a generality still true, particularly for teenagers who are required to go to westernized schools and fulfill westernized requirements and want to fit in with all the other westernized kids doing westernized teenager things. He may or may not have grown up with an interest in axes and bows & arrows as he might have with medieval swords and shields - which is pretty interesting to most of the planet, exhibit A) LotR.

I am totally with you on the villain front, too - but who's to say they're not opposed to the darkness over-taking their worlds, too? That certainly eats at their seat of power, doesn' it? One of us could very well end-up with Gaston as their Guide. (O_O, oh god, what have I just done. Owl, please! Nooo!)

Considering Max's personality it won't be hard to get him to turn evil but.. it may be an evil that the evil can't control.

I based him on Alice In Wonderland.

But more like Alice Madness returns style.

I see small script! I see small script! *reads it* Ooo.... Cool!

And Max sounds way cooler with that tidbit of information. Ryder isn't necessarily based off of anyone (despite what his name might suggest...), but I am thinking about making him a Scotsman to diversify our group a wee bit more. We'll see, cause Mal totally reminds me of Merida. If she doesn't have an accent, be warned ladies who like 'em , you're gonna be drooling over two gentleman now: Ryder and Hanuel, heartthrobs!

I still may change him to a girl. I'll see how I feel after work.

If it's a girl she will be awesome to play. Hard decision.

Now all I see is a barbaric woman screaming in defiance at a horde of enemies and I'm... excited ;)

Now all I see is a barbaric woman screaming in defiance at a horde of enemies and I'm... excited ;)

More like laughing in enjoyment and fascination at the inner anatomy of their enemies.

• Love
Reactions: redlemonaide
Ok, I will have a post up tonight or tomorrow since I don't work friday now.

Posting within the next 24 hours, I guess. Gonna snooze now.

edit: okay, I lied a bit.

Last edited:
We might all be dead.

I've been trying to wait for @Angelic Fusion to respond to the thread, but so far they haven't responded when I asked them if they were still interested. I can try and post to move things along some, if you guys wanted. However, I'd like to get at least some confirmation that everyone was touching the crystal instead of just forcing them to do so. Also, if Angelic doesn't respond by this Thursday then I'm opening up the spot to someone else.

I've been trying to wait for @Angelic Fusion to respond to the thread, but so far they haven't responded when I asked them if they were still interested. I can try and post to move things along some, if you guys wanted. However, I'd like to get at least some confirmation that everyone was touching the crystal instead of just forcing them to do so. Also, if Angelic doesn't respond by this Thursday then I'm opening up the spot to someone else.

Yeah, sorry I've been stupidly busy and partly forgot. After today I am free for awhile so I'll try to post tomorrow morning since I don't have work.

Reactions: Nater Taters
Couldn't decide on an impulsive course of action, left it up to the RNG, somehow got something that wasn't overly in a morally grey area like sabotaging things or holding the other people-inside-of-crystals hostage. Trying to disable the robot still might not have been a more sane approach: she seems to be programmed only to give vague answers regarding the topic of "wtf are we doing here," but was very certain about what happens when you fail the mission. In her defense, nobody was asking for details. They're being all kinds of dramatic about it, but I guess when a robot starts freaking out about anomalies and deleting people maybe that kind of implies something's wrong with the picture?

But what the heck, here's an attempt at dodging another hangup to just get things moving~

Wow. You are really analyzing this way more than I thought somebody would... Awesome! Though the hostage thing would not have worked in the slightest because they're kinda not people in the crystals. They're just mini versions of Miss Robot. Thank you though, for noticing that I left the portal open and ready for any possible use.

It wouldn't work, but it'd be funny and kind of awkward. Plus, he wouldn't know what's in all the other thingies. Probably not that many things to sabotage.

Works for me! I liked the post. Yay, to be dragged into another world!

I'm sorry, I haven't been on lately, my wifi has been really messed up, and I was traveling. But now everything is fineeee c:

Status
Not open for further replies.