Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, so true. Not only that, but every other group before them has failed and they are stuck dealing with, as said teenager called her, "Robobitch". This is going to be an interesting adventure. :P

And @Angelic Fusion if you would like to join please make a character sheet.

Yeah, sorry I've been busy. I'll try to make one tomorrow morning.

Ha ha, so true. Not only that, but every other group before them has failed and they are stuck dealing with, as said teenager called her, "Robobitch". This is going to be an interesting adventure. :P

And @Angelic Fusion if you would like to join please make a character sheet.
Sorry, hope it wasn't too much cursing! Tried to be subtle-ish about it. I don't curse much irl, so I'm never really sure how it's going to be received. Interesting adventure, indeed!

And hi, Angel! Good to see you again. Many an RP we seem to stumble into eachother, lol.

You're fine @redlemonaide I tend to curse a lot depending on my character, so don't even worry about that. Tis a trivial matter!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: redlemonaide
Name

: Maximillian Gharn
Nick Name: Max
Appearance:

262611.jpg

Personality: Max is abit of a Zany inidividual who could better be descriped as that Drug crazy individual who doesn't do drugs. Wild, unpredictable and above all an individual with enough energy to power a car for a long trip. Behind this overly happy figure is a person much more happy with silence than being an extro-vert. But, putting that mask on for so long has left others expecting him to be acting such a way or think something is wrong. Even with this he can find himself away from everyone else almost at will which makes him able to keep the fake side of him convinceing and doable.
Anything Food
Quiet
Interesting objects
Candy
Chocolate, very dark is his kryptonite
More to be discovered
Dislikes:
Overly loud objects
Obnoxious people
The Heat
City's
Over Crowded Cars

Favorite Disney Movie:
All the Cutscenes in Kingdom hearts (I think its so beautiful its a movie. >.>) If not Alice in Wonderland, both versions.
Weapon:
Twin Axes:
Axe's can be thrown and recalled as if they had chains attached to them that were bound to his person.
1295a.jpg

Other:

Last edited:
@Angelic Fusion accepted! Feel free to jump in when you're ready. I'd prefer if you pretend you already got your weapon, or mention it briefly in post so you can act kinda caught up with the rest of the group. :)

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
@Angelic Fusion accepted! Feel free to jump in when you're ready. I'd prefer if you pretend you already got your weapon, or mention it briefly in post so you can act kinda caught up with the rest of the group. :)
I may get a post up this morning or I will try once I get off work. I work ALOT this week so I am overly busy untill Saturday night through Tues morning of the next week.

But, Ill try to get a post up tonight for sure.

Also, I meant Shield and Long Sword Combo. I don't know why I put that twice.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but there is already a sword/shield combo character. Maybe post a pic of your combo?

It probably doesn't need to be said, but there is already a sword/shield combo character. Maybe post a pic of your combo?
Hmm.. I got a better idea then.

Twin Axes

Hmm.. I got a better idea then.

Twin Axes
O.O"
Now all I can imagine is this crazy kid running around waving his axes above his head and screaming like a barbarian. Is he going berserk into battle, or did the voices tell him to murder us all...

Welp, so much for having a two-person shield-wall that would sound a lot more impressive than it actually is. And so much for crossing swords, too.

But I also like this idea. Axe-chains. "C'mere and let me axe you a question."

Shield wall would be better if everyone had a shield - go all 300 cocoon on that Darkness! And I am not going to snicker at the crossing swords joke. *secretly snickered already*

I was going to make a girl but I don't want to mess up any balance there may have been.

lol, the person who dropped was a chick of, presumably, African origins. So... too late? I had made a male to balance it out, but with the GM's gal, it should be five dudes and five girls? Should be all right.

I can still make the change if it needs to be made. Playing an Insane girl/Loony girl is very fun for me. But a hilarious guy is easiest.

Hey, with all the mentions of "the pen is mightier than the sword," you should be glad/upset that I didn't reach for the low-hanging fruit and make a the penis mightier joke while doing a Sean Connery accent.

But since balance was brought up, and GM-characters and inactive ones don't count, the gender ratio is currently at 5:3 with more males (or 5:4 if GM characters do count). Totally equal, but that isn't really important because a) the story isn't about romance, b) even if it was, it's not cool to assume every character in the squad is heterosexual, c) there isn't much to be done about it with an odd number of key characters, and d) with the current setup we have three warriors (swordguy, scythegirl, axeguy), three ranged (archer-girl, revolver-guy, and football-kid), and two non-physical (calligraphy-girl, songstress-guy), which is balanced. And awesome. And the players seem pretty cool too.

Although, axe-guy might also be ranged now that I think about it. Versatility is a good thing.

• Love
As Betty White pointed out, vaginas take a pounding. I'd rather be a pussy than a dick any day of the week, so bring it! XD

Yeah, no, seems well-balanced/rounded/whatev to me, and as I've heard from multiple GMs - it's way better that you enjoy your character and bring your enthusiasm to the RP than fill-in-the-blank blandness. I was just pointing out weaponry as a point by which people might be differentiating. Thus the request for pics! Samurai sword versus a couple of scimitars versus a longsword and shield versus Cap's weapon-of-choice - I mean, we're no even including sci-fi Umbrellas or Lightsabers or nothing! Lots of options. Just getting a better idea which ones are selected.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, all of this, this is great, just this. Thank you guys, and @Angelic Fusion I couldn't care less what the ratio of dudes to chicks is. Just have fun with your character and Max seems like a fun dude. :)

Though side note, I'm going to be a bit busy this week because I'm going to Bronycon as a sort of late birthday present from my dad. So I won't be as available as I normally would.

Red, you're making me miss Beatrice Arthur and Estelle Getty. Stopit. <3

But yeah, I didn't even bother describing my person's weapon, because... reasons, I guess. Toko's a theatre dork, but the moment I give him an axe, spear, or bow I start playing into racist stereotypes, yet writted the way he is he's "assimilated" out of his own culture, which is also bad. Actually, now that I think about it, did any of us even describe what our characters are wearing? Is "What did you go to sleep in last night" going to remain constant throughout the thread, or will clothing be altered to fit whichever setting we're invading?

Personality / enthusiasm is good for group threads. It gives the other players something to play off of, and provides more interesting material for good posting. I didn't give my dood much of a personality beyond a couple of hobbies, his origins and "things we don't talk about," because I kind of want to see how he gets shaped by everyone else he's around, and how warped he'll get from staring into the abyss that is disney villainy. Frolo and Gaston are some of the most horrifying examples of 'evil' in the works because of just how human they are. In any other story, apart from the ones they were the villains in, they'd be hailed as heroes by the people, either because they believed they were doing the right thing, or because they were in a position of power and it corrupted them.

And sometimes in order to defeat 'the bad guy,' you have to become 'the bad guy,' at least in the eyes of spectators. That'll mess with a lot of people.

Max is abit of a beserker type.

I'll try to post when I get home from work. If not tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:
Though side note, I'm going to be a bit busy this week because I'm going to Bronycon as a sort of late birthday present from my dad. So I won't be as available as I normally would.
So, if you're going to disappear, I gotta ask: What's up with the Guides? Are these going to be Disney characters who pair up with us? If so, are you picking them out or are we supposed to be describing something other than a shadowy mass inside the crystals? Might be able to play that up until you get back so that things don't slow down while you're gone.

Red, you're making me miss Beatrice Arthur and Estelle Getty. Stopit. <3

But yeah, I didn't even bother describing my person's weapon, because... reasons, I guess. Toko's a theatre dork, but the moment I give him an axe, spear, or bow I start playing into racist stereotypes, yet writted the way he is he's "assimilated" out of his own culture, which is also bad. Actually, now that I think about it, did any of us even describe what our characters are wearing? Is "What did you go to sleep in last night" going to remain constant throughout the thread, or will clothing be altered to fit whichever setting we're invading?

Personality / enthusiasm is good for group threads. It gives the other players something to play off of, and provides more interesting material for good posting. I didn't give my dood much of a personality beyond a couple of hobbies, his origins and "things we don't talk about," because I kind of want to see how he gets shaped by everyone else he's around, and how warped he'll get from staring into the abyss that is disney villainy. Frolo and Gaston are some of the most horrifying examples of 'evil' in the works because of just how human they are. In any other story, apart from the ones they were the villains in, they'd be hailed as heroes by the people, either because they believed they were doing the right thing, or because they were in a position of power and it corrupted them.

And sometimes in order to defeat 'the bad guy,' you have to become 'the bad guy,' at least in the eyes of spectators. That'll mess with a lot of people.
o.o *goes to look up these people*

You're welcome to describe them now! I like being able to describe things in the rp, so if there were differences between Tokola's S&S and Max's S&S, I wanted to do them justice. Since he's switched to axes, it's not quite as necessary, but absolutely always welcome ^_^ I did describe Ryder's clothes in the first post as a black sweater and - presumably - jeans as he wears his clothes from the night before to bed rather frequently, and the GM's OP stated no one could remember even going to sleep.

Don't worry so much about stereotypes, I'd say. You're clearly aware of them and putting in the effort to avoid them, but you're going to run into them whether you like it or not, and - like you pointed out - avoiding them entirely can be just as bad. You'll never be able to satisfy everybody. When it comes to Native American culture, a lot of it was diffused with the settlers. Almost all tribes were Christianized and started wearing what could be termed cowboy clothing by that era, so the heritage is... no outrage, please, but more or less for show. And untrue as this may be in some circumstances, it is as a generality still true, particularly for teenagers who are required to go to westernized schools and fulfill westernized requirements and want to fit in with all the other westernized kids doing westernized teenager things. He may or may not have grown up with an interest in axes and bows & arrows as he might have with medieval swords and shields - which is pretty interesting to most of the planet, exhibit A) LotR.

I am totally with you on the villain front, too - but who's to say they're not opposed to the darkness over-taking their worlds, too? That certainly eats at their seat of power, doesn' it? One of us could very well end-up with Gaston as their Guide. (O_O, oh god, what have I just done. Owl, please! Nooo!)

Status
Not open for further replies.