2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
So this will be somewhat based on D&D 5e but with fewer dice-rolling mechanics. We will be using D&D Beyond for character sheets and discord for OOC, and occasionally VC events. We will be using the forums for our IC posts though. I have never GMed a D&D game before, so be kind to me, please! Everyone will start at level one and each character would have recently arrived in the town of Phandalin after being hired by Lady Roegalias Bilthine to basically fix up the town. Phandalin was recently raided by orcs, then those orcs were massacred by a group of adventurers who didn't clean up after themselves. The town was then invaded by the notorious Redbrand gang, so another group of adventurers took them out, but like their predecessors, they also didn't clean up after themselves.

So! That leaves you courageous (and slightly underpaid) adventurers to basically flip this town. There's a number of quests to go on and problems to fix such as the rat and termite infestation in the tavern, and of course the numerous orc and Redbrand skeletons decorating the town. Phandalin also has a population problem. After the two invasions, most residents left and refused to return.

This is Phandalin:
1604598269675.png

You guys will be staying at the Stonehill Inn run by Tobias Pook, the innkeeper. Aside from Tobias, there are only a handful of people living in Phandalin and a couple of them are goblins. Worry not, the goblins aren't bad, but you will have to broker a peace between them and the local humans at some point.

I have to change the map names a little, but I wanted to post it so you guys had an idea of the setting.

Let me know if you're interested and if you have any suggestions.

Posting Expectations:
- At least 1 full-bodied, well-rounded paragraph.
- Post at least once a week
- No homebrews

Last edited:
I don't have a large experience with DnD other than character creations. If not much knowledge and understanding for dice is needed I certainly would be interested and have at least two character ideas to select from for the RP.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I don't have a large experience with DnD other than character creations. If not much knowledge and understanding for dice is needed I certainly would be interested and have at least two character ideas to select from for the RP.

That'll be no issue at all! This RP will be a much simpler version of D&D. In fact, I'd like to label it as "D&D adjacent!" We will be using D&D Beyond to make characters, though. Well, we will if some more people join. xD

But yeah, glad to have you on board! What type of characters were you thinking of bringing to the table?

Reactions: Raven
I've never played D&D though I know some rough basics about creating a character (though I haven't used Beyond before), so I don't know if I'll join (I might also not have time atm, sadly). This looks like it could be cozy fun with some neat shenanigans though. Also, I almost read that "Tresendar" as transgender manor, which would have been kinda dope when I think about it.

Well, I have a Pirate Wood Elf I'd love to throw in something. A friend had me create her but we never used the lass. Another idea goes on impish themes race not sure. But friends said a Sorcerer class might fit the idea or a bard. Then lastly I've thought about creating a thief for DnD. I'm not sure if I've specifically used DnD beyond but if it's like using the books my friends own then shouldn't be much different for me to work out haha.

Hey, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for this. I know the adventurers that left in the town in a mess and I'd like to say sorry on their behalf (I'm running lost mines atm (I double pinky promise not to know things I shouldn't)).

I've never played D&D though I know some rough basics about creating a character (though I haven't used Beyond before), so I don't know if I'll join (I might also not have time atm, sadly). This looks like it could be cozy fun with some neat shenanigans though. Also, I almost read that "Tresendar" as transgender manor, which would have been kinda dope when I think about it.

Well, you never know who'll make their way to Phandalin! I can't say the manor will have any transgender inhabitants, but there are several vacant houses nearby. :)

Don't worry, D&D Beyond is beginner-friendly. I only just learned how to use it, but now when I make characters I always use that. It takes you through a neat step by step process, so you can learn as you go! I hope you'll have time to join!

Well, I have a Pirate Wood Elf I'd love to throw in something. A friend had me create her but we never used the lass. Another idea goes on impish themes race not sure. But friends said a Sorcerer class might fit the idea or a bard. Then lastly I've thought about creating a thief for DnD. I'm not sure if I've specifically used DnD beyond but if it's like using the books my friends own then shouldn't be much different for me to work out haha.

All of those ideas sound awesome! I would love to see how your pirate interacts with the world. By impish race, do you mean tiefling? They're a badass race.

D&D Beyond is super easy! There's a step by step process and everything. :D

Hey, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for this. I know the adventurers that left in the town in a mess and I'd like to say sorry on their behalf (I'm running lost mines atm (I double pinky promise not to know things I shouldn't)).

Yes! Welcome aboard! Ooh making connections already, I see! Noice. I accept your pinky promise!

By impish race, do you mean tiefling? They're a badass race.

Actually, I was thinking about the actions of an imp not a race of an imp. I got a lot of the character idea from my favorite Zelda game Majora's Mask the character skull kid. I'm wanting to flesh out more ideas and see what version of the character I like most in hopes of one day create them for Cosplay. One day I hope to be mask making and other crafts to make the CS into a real-life character.

Now, my Pirate, I'd definitely enjoy they probably are the most developed background story-wise for now.

By impish race, do you mean tiefling? They're a badass race.

Actually, I was thinking about the actions of an imp not a race of an imp. I got a lot of the character idea from my favorite Zelda game Majora's Mask the character skull kid. I'm wanting to flesh out more ideas and see what version of the character I like most in hopes of one day create them for Cosplay. One day I hope to be mask making and other crafts to make the CS into a real-life character.

Now, my Pirate, I'd definitely enjoy they probably are the most developed background story-wise for now.

Ooh, gotcha. Skull kid certainly looks interesting if not a little spooky. xD Go with whichever you feel more comfortable playing!

Do you have room for one more?

How about two? I'm in the mood to start some tiefling nonsense.

Or some kobold nonsense.

Last edited:
Do you have room for one more?

Of course! Welcome!

How about two? I'm in the mood to start some tiefling nonsense.

Or some kobold nonsense.

Yes! Welcome!

Let the Tiefling/kobold nonsense commence!

Now since there are 4 (1 maybe) of us, I will make the discord where we'll have our OOC.

• Sweet
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Fyrra
Yay! I have a couple character ideas depending on what type of story we do ☺️

Thought about it a little bit. Knowing what there is of the setup, I'm probably bringing a kobold folk hero / ranger to the table, and the kobold is probably trying to secure a home for some refugees and their eggs, and also evaluate just how trustworthy this Lady Roegalias Bilthine is.

• According to Plan
Thought about it a little bit. Knowing what there is of the setup, I'm probably bringing a kobold folk hero / ranger to the table, and the kobold is probably trying to secure a home for some refugees and their eggs, and also evaluate just how trustworthy this Lady Roegalias Bilthine is.

Ooh nice, the goblins and humans of Phandalin are going to have something to say about those kobolds. xD

Yay! I have a couple character ideas depending on what type of story we do ☺

It'll be kind of sandboxy, flip this house (read: town) kinda deal. Although who's to say there won't be more epic questy quests around the corner.

Reactions: Falcon
>_> oh. hi. there.

Is this puppy closed? If nooooot... how likely will the VC be utilized and will it be required? I love me some D&D but I've got two kiddos who never stop talking (ever) so I can't really do voice chat stuff LOL

Reactions: Fyrra
Hi there! I'm wondering if there also may be some room open? If not I get it! I was thinking of experimenting around with a human paladin :D I've done a coupe of discord dnd games and this sounds fun

>_> oh. hi. there.

Is this puppy closed? If nooooot... how likely will the VC be utilized and will it be required? I love me some D&D but I've got two kiddos who never stop talking (ever) so I can't really do voice chat stuff LOL

This puppy is still open! VC participation is 100% optional. The VC events are for non-canon one-shots and they'll happen every once in a while.

Here's the Discord link: Join the New Phandalin Discord Server!

Hi there! I'm wondering if there also may be some room open? If not I get it! I was thinking of experimenting around with a human paladin :D I've done a coupe of discord dnd games and this sounds fun

Congrats, you've got the last spot! A human paladin sounds awesome (and not just because I'm playing one in a campaign!)

Here's the Discord link: Join the New Phandalin Discord Server!