A Dragon's War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katarina S. Frost - Storm Dragon, #a64dff

A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "I think all of us are going to be anti social in the beginning," Kian mused. After Halian shook his hand, his hand fell to his side. He waved at Halian dismissively. "No need for such compliments. I think you'll regret that if you fight next to my sister!" he jested. An elbow slammed against his chest. He lurched forward, coughing. A sheepish grin plastered on his face. "I deserved that," he added. A fleeting laugh escaped his lips. His eyes averted towards his sister, Katarina. He ignored her dark glare. He presented her a mischievous grin. "You can't deny my words," he teased.

Katarina resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Despite their similar appearance, their personalities contrasted. Her brother inherited her mother's kind demeanor. He wasn't afraid of conversing with others, including complete strangers. "Watch it, brat. Give me cheek and I'll be extra strict during our next spar," she threatened.

His eyes gleamed. "Bring it," he challenged.

She slugged him in the arm. "Snarky brat," she muttered.

"Where do you think I adapted the behavior from?" Kian countered.

Katarina shook her head. She directed her gaze towards Halian. A frown marred her lips. An overwhelming urge to comfort him washed over her. She didn't understand this feeling. What was happening to her? What made this Elf interesting? Katarina crushed the feeling, shoving it inside the back of her mind. "You don't have to look so nervous. I'm not going to kill you," Katarina remarked bluntly. She folded her arms across her chest. She scanned her surroundings. "If you're uncomfortable, you can leave. I'm not exactly the best company here," she pointed out. Her inner dragon protested at the thought, but she ignored the sensation. She wasn't in the mood of deciphering her instincts. She noticed the mysterious Spirit Dragon disappeared. What was his name?

"Ykhrut'e," her inner dragon murmured.

A scowl carved into her expression. "You finally decided to speak?" she jeered.

"Anger won't solve your problems, young hatchling. There are things you must find out yourself," her dragon reasoned.

A scoff escaped her lips. "I'm aware, but you're suppose to be my guide when I don't understand sensations!" she argued.

Unbeknownst to Katarina, her eyes fluctuated, shifting from icy blue to amethyst and amethyst to icy blue. She communicated with her dragon mentally, demanding answers. Unfortunately, she didn't receive anything in return. Her dragon was notorious for producing riddles. Before she could react, her dragon disappeared. Katarina racked a hand through her pale blonde hair. Her expression twisted with annoyance. "Old hag," she muttered underneath her breath. Katarina witnessed Vivian's transformation. She released a small growl. An overwhelming urge to protect washed over her. She instinctively stepped in front of Halian and Kian. Storm Dragons were dominant creatures. She wasn't keen on listening to orders from a stranger, especially an Elf that lost control a few hours ago.

"Easy, sis," Kian soothed. He stepped forward, clamping a firm hand on her shoulder. "Maybe you can give us a ride," he jested.

Katarina shrugged off his hand. "If I'm angry in that form, bolts of lightning erupt from my body. Do you really want to be electrocuted?" she countered sardonically.

Kian shrugged. "I'll be immune, remember? It's him you have to watch over," he replied, jabbing his thumb towards Halian. His eyes glinted with mischief. He detected a bond between the two. He wondered how long it would take his sister to realize the connection. She was too stubborn sometimes!

"We're ready!" Kian announced, speaking for his sister.

HALIAN
Halian just stayed silent as he watched the siblings' banter. He smiled a little bit.
"You don't have to look so nervous. I'm not going to kill you," Katarina had said. Halian was about to say something when she continued. "If you're uncomfortable, you can leave. I'm not exactly the best company here," Halian shook his head.

"No, it's actually nice to be around people with strong personalities." He waved one hand. "It makes me feel in control." He added a little more quietly. He tried not to stare at Katarina as her eyes changed color. His mouth dropped open a little. Katarina looked away and when she muttered

"Old hag." He assumed she hadn't meant for him to hear that. He turned to see who she was looking at. Vivian. He looked down with a slight flush in his cheeks. That was one thing that made him a little upset with her attitude. Vivian wasn't an old hag. He swallowed and pretended not to notice. Their conversation continued, but Halian was too busy trying to keep his temper in check to hear until...

"If I'm angry in that form, bolts of lightning erupt from my body. Do you really want to be electrocuted?" Halian looked up when she said that. His eyes wide.

"That's amazing!" He gasped. How cool would it be to be able to have such power? It made him realize how weak he was compared to the others in the group. Some like Vivian and Katarina had dragon forms and the dwarf had his large bear and weapons. That other woman looked strong and had her enormous cat. He just had his little satchel and a pocket knife. He slouched a little, lost in his own, self-loathing thoughts. Kian's voice erupted and his head shot up.

"We're ready." Halian nodded and glanced at Katarina once.

Torsten checked over his equipment once more. It seemed that everything was in order. How they were going to fight a dragon was beyond him, but it wouldn't be so bad. He just wanted to write his last will before he turned into human barbecue. It all seemed repetitive to him. Not the dragon that wanted to kill him, but the journey in general. Casting an eye over the others, it just made it hard to believe that they were a new 'group'. He didn't like to offend.... but they had a midget, some uppity elves, and some uppity humans. At this point they didn't stand a chance in hell, no matter what the vision showed. It seemed odd to him. A prophesy seems like it could break so easily. If one of them were to die, or peel away, how would that change things? Was it even possible? Were they just slaves to a prophesy made because that was their only destiny? Torsten stopped thinking; it was really hurting his brain. He nodded his assent of being ready, and glanced at his swords. To him, they seemed very thirsty.

Mindlessly he started sheathing and unsheathing his swords, practicing how fast he could draw them. A slow draw could easily end up in a slit throat in the night, and having a good sword arm was always a good attribute. Swinging them a bit, he got a good feel of their weight, assuring him of how fast they would strike, and how sure their thirst. The elves were probably archers, at least, that was how the stereotypes went... and the dwarf was probably a fighter.... the tiger tamer probably used the tiger.... and the other human..... could nag at them? For the first time in a long time, Torsten felt royally screwed by fate.

Legothen "Horror"

Horror was thriving in the midst of the chaos caused by the big mountain of a dragon. People were scared enough, he just had to walk in and demand stuff, or he would sic a giant dragon on them, and they complied immediately. He smiled. He had just stolen a nice jewel from a local market. That would get him enough satisfaction for a while. He stalked through the forests, heading towards a scent of cherry blossoms. It had been his escape, his place of residence. Living in the trees of the cherry blossoms provided him shelter, camouflage, and it smelled good.

He made it to the trees just to stop in his steps. Footprints. Footprints were everywhere. Someone had invaded his space of privacy. He looked around, but no one was to be seen. He walked around, and found a big paw print, likely from a small dragon. He quickly climbed up into the tree, to see if they had taken his 'stash'. Finding they hadn't, but still feeling angry that he had become so close to being found out, he decided he better track whoever had been here, and make them wish they hadn't intruded on his home.

he put his gear on, but leaving the heavy armor off, for it prohibited him from moving freely. He limited himself to some chain mail, and his swords. He set out, following the deep set of tracks left by a large group. It was about an hour, and he saw a group in the distance. He quickly made it to the trees, and stalked them through the trees. Seven of them, plus 2 large animals. Too much for him to take on when they were awake, but when they sleep....he would slit the Tigers throat first, and then the Bear, and then see what they have to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.