A Doll's Destiny

"Okay. Let's get going then," she commented. She grabbed her bag and went to the door. Once they were both out, she locked it up like she was supposed to everyday. Then she walked with him as they made their way back towards the house. When they got back, she unlocked the house door so they could head inside.

Aiden immediately went to the living and took his place on the sofa, switching the television to SpongeBob SquarePants.

Clara wasn't surprised he was turning on the tv, but she was beginning to worry that he was going to turn it into a bad habit. She guessed it wasn't like sitting around so much watching tv was actually going to be bad for him, but there were plenty of other things to do besides just staring at the tv. He needed some other hobbies. She sat her stuff down and went to grab a snack because she was starting to feel a little hungry but it was too soon for dinner yet.

As the day wturned to night, Aiden remained in front of the TV, eventually turning in for the night at half passed elevin.

Clara was starting to see a pattern where all he did was watch movies from the moment they got home until it was time to sleep. While he wasn't the same as a human and it most likely didn't affect his body, it was still something that she felt she was going to need to talk to him about. It wasn't good to always just watch TV even for other reasons than just health. You didn't get to experience everything the world had to offer just staring at it through a screen. Her evening consisted of finishing that book she had been reading the other night and eating dinner. She went to bed around the same time as him and woke up at her usual.

Aiden woke up some time after Clara did. He glanced out the window and frowned. It was barely light out, and rain drizzled down, a rather depressing start to his day.
Climbing off the couch, he made his way in the kitchen and seated himself at the table.

Clara arrived into the kitchen to start her breakfast. "Good morning, Aiden," she commented. She saw that he didn't seem as happy today, most likely because it was raining out. But that was going to happen. It rained sometimes, so he was going to have to make due with doing some things inside. "Don't let the rain get you down."

"Morning, and as long as I have an umbrella, I think I should be fine. I'm just a bit disappointed, that's all," Aiden replied.

"I can understand. A lot of people get depressed because of rain," Clara replied as she started to make some breakfast for herself. "But it's best to try to not let it get to you, you know. Do you have any plans for today?" She figured he wouldn't really want to be out and about with it possibly raining sometimes.

"Hmmmm...I'd love to continue site seeing, but I don't want to get too wet," Aiden said, deep in thought. "But...I also don't want to just sit at home all day..."

"You could try it anyway, or go with somewhere that would keep you out of the rain more," Clara commented. "There are places where many of the different shops and the like are right next to each other. There's also the mall that has all the stores inside so you don't have to worry about the rain at all. Though, you would have to take the bus to get to that one."

"I could go to the mall, but I have no money for a bus ticket, and, no offense, but I don't feel right asking to barrow some," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. She understood that he needed the money for it and the reason why he didn't want to use any of her money. "Well, then you'll have to stick with some things that are closer so the mall would be out," she commented. "But there are still some places that you can stick to one area and not walk a ton so you would probably be safer to walk around outside. There would be plenty of places to run into if it starts to rain. And we can always figure out a way to keep you dry."

"I think I'll just stick close to the book store. There are lots of places within a short walking distance," Aiden replied.

Clara nodded in agreement. "There are plenty of places around the bookstore," she commented back. She finished making her breakfast and sat down to eat it. "And that means you can always come back and join me in the store especially if it starts to rain. It might sometimes get boring having to wait out the rain inside, but I'm sure we can do some things to make it more fun. It's better when you are together with someone else."

"That's true. Plus, if I start getting wet, I can just come back to you," Aiden said.

"Yup. You'll be fine in the store. You'll be nice and dry there. And if you are concerned about when you are coming back I think we might be able to get you something that would work as a raincoat of sorts just in case you get a few drops on you," she replied back. She started to think of other things they could do, maybe not now but in the future so he didn't have to worry about rain at all. It wouldn't be a way to live always worrying about getting wet. Rain sometimes popped up out of nowhere too.

Aiden nodded. "For now, it's drizzling, so I'll be fine, but if it starts to pour, I'll come back to the book store."

"I understand," Clara replied. She finished her breakfast then put everything in the sink to clean up later. She then started to make her lunch so she would have it for later while she was at the bookstore. She packed it up and put it into her bag. "Do you want to look for something that will protect you in case you are out and it immediately starts to pour?"

"Hmmmm, a raincoat, maybe an umbrella too," Aiden said. "Although, I doubt they make raincoats for my size...or do they?"