A Doll's Destiny

Clara frowned a little when she heard about the one store owner, but was glad that all his other interactions had been good. "Well, you can't expect everyone to take to you instantly," she commented. "But I'm glad that for the most part it's been going well. Are you enjoying yourself? Do you plan to do some more adventuring after you are done resting here?"

"I think so," Aiden replied. "Plus, it's a nice day out."

"Okay, well, enjoy your break then and I hope that once you head out again your sightseeing continues to go well," Clara replied. She gave him a smile. She didn't have anything else to mention to him, so she figured she would just let him rest in any way he chose to. She went back to watching the video she had on her laptop until a customer came in and needed some assistance in finding a few books.

"Thanks," Aiden said. Reaching out, he grasped a magazine on a nearby wrack and started browsing.

Clara was busy working with a customer to get all the books he wanted, some of which were even in the back because they couldn't keep every single one on the shelves. The small bookstore didn't always have all the space for them all. Once she took care of the customer and he left, she went back to her laptop but she did take a glance at what Aiden was spending his time doing.

Aiden continued browsing through the magazine, stopping on an image of a black and white cat stuffed animal.

Clara finished watching her video and looked over towards Aiden. "What are you looking at?" she questioned him. She didn't necessarily want to bother him if he was really focused on his magazine, but she was just curious to know which one he picked out and what might be interesting him at that moment. He seemed to be focused on something on the page.

"A stuffed cat. I think this is a toy catalog," the doll replied, turning the page to more stuffed animals.

"Ah, are you interested in toys or does it feel weird for you?" Clara asked. She wasn't sure if seeing something like a stuffed cat bothered him or if he was able to take it as it was. Unless he possibly thought that any of them could be like him and could actually be alive as well. She wasn't quite sure what his take on other toys was.

"I like toys as much as the next guy, so long as no one mistreats them," Aiden said. "We're people too."

Clara nodded in understanding. It was nice to know that he was still okay with toys as long as people treated them nicely. Though, she couldn't say entirely that all of them were people too. He might be living, but that didn't mean some of the other toys were. Still, she was one who was all for taking care of toys. "I think it's important to take care of your toys, but I know there are those out there who don't really do that as much. Though, you can't help sometimes if it's a young kid who doesn't really know better."

"I'll make exceptions for young children, but those older than that who do it just for kicks really make me upset," Aiden said.

Clara nodded in agreement. "I can completely understand what you mean. If they know exactly what they are doing, it really isn't right for them to do that," she commented. Even if the toys weren't alive like Aiden was, it still wasn't right to treat it poorly. Their parents spent money on it. And sometimes it wasn't even their toy, like if it was a younger sibling's toy and they purposely ruin it to mess with their sibling.

Aiden grinned and nodded. "Thank you!"

Clara gave him a smile. "I've just always felt that way," she admitted so he really didn't need to thank her. She was one who took care of her toys when she was young. Although she didn't have many of them now as she was an adult and had to get rid of them over time, she was always sure to make sure they would go somewhere good because she wanted her things to be treated with care.

"Again, thanks, lovely," Aiden held his grin.

Clara gave him another smile. "You're welcome," she replied. She still didn't feel the need for it, but she responded like that anyway. Eventually, another customer arrived into the bookstore and she was torn away from chatting with Aiden to do her job. It was a reoccurring customer who liked to visit the store often for new books, so they got to talking as the two always did.

After a few moments, Aiden closed and returned the catalog to the wrack. He climbed off the chair and exited, offering Clara a quick wave.

Clara was busy with her customer so couldn't really interact much with Aiden as he left, but she did give him a smile and a wave in return. She hoped the rest of his sightseeing journey went well for him and that he didn't run into any people that would cause him trouble. After he was gone, she went back to helping the customer out in getting some books.

The doll headed down the sidewalk, coming to a small yarn shop. He entered, but when the man at the front gave him an odd look, he left, not wanting to make things uncomfortable.