A Doll's Destiny

"Just set the dusk pan down here and hold it there for me," Clara commented. She pointed over to where she wanted him which was near the pile of dust and dirt. "While you are holding it there, I'll sweep the pile into the dustpan and then you can throw it out into the trash can. Is that okay?"

"Sure thing, my dear," Aiden said. He moved to the pile and set the pan before, still holding the small handle.

While he was holding the pan she swept all the dust and dirt into it. "Okay. Now you can take it and throw out all the dusk. Then once you have that done, you can put the pan away. Throw it into the trash right over there," she commented. She pointed to the kitchen trash can in the corner. She then sat down the broom to the side.

Aiden did as instructed, carefully lifting the pan and moving to the trashcan. He dumped the dust out, lightly banging it against its side. That done, he returned the pan to the closet and went back into the kitchen.

"Thanks for the help," Clara replied as she gave him a smile. "If you want to try doing something else, you might be able to do some dusting of some of the lower stuff. There's a dust rag in that drawer right over there," she commented. She pointed over to one of the kitchen drawers. She wasn't sure how much he wanted to help or if he just wanted to do a little bit and then go back to his game.

"Okay," Aiden said, moving to the kitchen drawers and pulling out the duster. He began gently swiping against the bottome drawers, then moved onto the dishwasher, humming quietly.

He seemed to be okay with doing it, as she heard him humming. She went back to doing some of the other things that she knew he wouldn't be able to help with and that were too high up for him. Sometimes cleaning wasn't always as fun but with the both of them working on it together, it would get done faster.

Once finished, Aiden moved on to the oven, then paused, staring at the touch display. He asked, "Would you like me to set this thing to clean?"

"Sure thing," Clara replied. It was easy to do and it would clean the oven, so why not? She finished off some of the last parts of the kitchen and made her way to the living room where she started to straighten some items up on the table. "Can you get some of the lower stuff in the living room too, like the tabletops. I'll get the higher stuff later."

"Sure," Aiden said. He finished dusting the oven, before moving on to the side table beside the couch, carefull not to knock anything off.

(OOC: Sorry I didn't reply, I don't recall ever getting the alert that you had posted.)

"Thanks," Clara replied with a smile. She moved some things out of the way so he could dust more easily. "There's not too much left to do in here after you are done dusting. Just some dusting higher up that I'll do and some vacuuming. I should probably work on the bathroom at some point too. So, once you're done with that, you're free to go play your game again."

(OOC: It's okay. Those alerts are a little finicky.)
"You sure? I could help scrub the toilet or cabinets," the doll suggested. He moved on to dusting the coffee table before the sofa.

(OOC: They are.)

"You don't even use it though, so it doesn't really feel all that right to make you do those things. And I wouldn't want you to get dirty either. It'll be a bit hard to clean you up. Some dust isn't harmful and can be easily taken off of you, but a bathroom can have a bunch of germs even if we're careful about it," Clara replied. "But later on, we'll figure things out so you can help more if you want to."

"That's true. Plus, I can't get any of the cleaner stuff on my hands," said Aiden. He walked into the kitchen to toss the dirty rag out, then returned to the living room.

"Yeah, I worry about that as well," she commented. She didn't want him doing anything that was going to ruin anything on his body. He wasn't the easiest himself to clean and fix. And she didn't want him having to worry about that. "So, just leave the rest to me. Eventually, we can figure out some other things for you to do."

"Okay," Aiden resumed playing his game.

After they finished talking and he went back to his game, Clara finished off dusting the rest of the area. Then she went off into the bathroom to work on that. A little while later, when she was finished with the bathroom, she finished off the cleaning with some vacuuming of all the rugs and carpets in the house.

As Clara cleaned, Aiden played. Once he grew comfortable racing in time trial mode, he switched to arcade mode, selecting the same character and track and beginning the race.

Clara finished shortly after and went into the kitchen to get a snack. She also grabbed something to drink and came into the living room. She sat down and look at the game on the screen. "So, what are you playing?" she asked Aiden. She wasn't familiar with games too much, though it looked like one he was playing the other night.

Aiden paused the game. "Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled. I'm not sure if it's a new game or not, but it's part of the Crash Bandicoot series."