A Doll's Destiny

"We're getting there," Clara commented as she took a look at the picture on the box and then to the puzzle. They were filling in some gaps and it was getting easier to see the picture. She picked up another piece and placed it into the correct spot. "I don't think it'll be too much longer on this one. Though, we have others if we wanted to do more. But there are also other things we can do if we don't."

"For right now, I think I'll finish this one," Aiden replied. He fitted a few more pieces into the correct spots.

"Sounds like a plan," Clara replied. She stepped away for a moment to get a drink of water then returned to sit down next to him. She looked through the pile of pieces they had left and picked a few more that she thought would go on a section they already had put together. She tried a couple pieces. Some of them fit into place while others were quite the right ones yet.

Aiden picked up three pieces and placed connected them. Two of them worked, one didn't. Putting the piece back, he tried again with another, which fit perfectly.

It seemed that it wouldn't take too much longer to finish the puzzle considering there was two of them and it was only a hundred piece. She found another piece and placed it into the right spot. Then she took a little bit to find another one that would fit well, having a couple of her choices not work at first. She glanced back at the picture on the box a few times, trying to find specific parts in a section so she could match the right piece.

Aiden placed two more pieces down, before moving to three more. He connected them, and they fit. With only a few pieces left, he picked up three and left the rest for Clara.

She watched as they were almost finished the puzzle. Once they were just a few pieces left, and it seemed Aiden left them to her, Clara picked up those last few remaining pieces and placed them into their correct spots. After that was finished, the puzzle was completely done and they could see the full picture. "It's a very pretty picture, don't you think?" she commented.

"Oh, definitely," Aiden sat back with a sigh. Though the puzzle was fun to assemble, it was, admittedly, quite the job. Nevertheless, Aiden had fun. "Thanks for letting me do this with you."

"I enjoyed putting it together with you," Clara replied. She gave him a smile and took a look at the picture for a bit longer. "Now technically there isn't much to do with puzzles once you finish them. Sometimes you can frame them if you really want, but most of the time people leave it up for a few days to look at it and then eventually undo it all and put it back in the box."

"I think we should put it in the box as is," Aiden suggestion. He pushed the puzzle's box towards the table's center and opened it.

"The puzzle is too big to put it in the box as is," Clara replied. The boxes for puzzles were a lot smaller then the size of the puzzle when it was finished. "You can put take large sections and put them into the box, but it's not going to fit with it all together. So, if we want to keep looking at it for a little while, it's best to let it stay on the table for a bit. It won't really be in the way since it's only me who eats here."

"Oh. That's fine," Aiden said. Hopping off the chair, the toy headed back over to the TV and, switching it on, he resumed playing his video game.

Clara wasn't entirely sure what part of what she said he was fine with, cutting it into sections and putting it away or leaving it out for a bit. She assumed it was leaving it out since he wanted to keep the picture originally. She closed the box up and placed it out of the way. She watched as he went over to start playing his video games that he had gotten the day before.

After managing to win a few races, Aiden returned to the main menu, squinting at a new option, 'Pit stop.' Selecting it, he was brought to lists of character skins and some customization options for his kart. He beamed. "Sweet!"

Clara smiled as she heard that he seemed to be happy with what he was doing. Meanwhile, she decided to do some cleaning up because the house was getting a bit messy. With his arrival, she had gotten a bit distracted and hadn't kept things as clean as she normally would. So, she went about doing some dishes and cleaning some areas up.

As Clara cleaned, Aiden purchased sever new character skins. Leaving the pit stop, he did a time trial mode with another character, a blue kangaroo wearing a straightjacket.

Clara glanced over towards Aiden ever so often to see what he was busy doing. He seemed to be enjoying his game, which was good. She would then continue to work on doing some cleaning. When she finished the dishes and put them away into the cabinets, she then went on to wipe down all the counters and sweep the floor.

Aiden paused his game and turned about. Seeing Clara sweeping, he asked, "Would you like any help?"

Clara glanced over towards Aiden when he asked her a question. "If you'd like to, I suppose you can go get the dust pan from the closet. It's easy for you to reach," she commented. A dust pan wasn't so big so he could most likely carry it and he could probably also hold it while she swept the dirt and dust into the pan as well.

Nodding, Aiden paused his game and ran to the closet, returning moments later, dustpan in hand. "Okay, where do you want me, chief?"