A Doll's Destiny

"Well, it's true that not ever bike has one, but some of them do. And in some cases you can add it on later," Clara replied. "So, go ahead and pick one that you like the most. If you find one that has the horn, go for it. Or if you don't, we can always buy a separate horn and attach it on." She wanted him to like the bike.

"Are there bikes for people my size...ones with two wheels?" Aiden asked. "Then again...I've never ridden one, and I heard you need to balance."

"Well, there are some kid versions and those might fit you. You just have to take a look," Clara replied. He could search for whatever he wanted to buy. "And yeah, you do need balance, but riding bikes is a skill that can be learned. Most people don't magically know how to do it. So, if you get one. I can teach you. I was taught when I was young by my parents."

"Okay..." Aiden continued scrolling down the list. He could go for a two-wheeler, but the prospect of falling and ripping something unnerved him. Then again, that was how one learned. Finally, he selected a lime green bike. "This one."

"Okay," she replied. She put it into the cart. "Is that everything. I'll order it if it is." They could always add more later on. She really couldn't afford to go buying a whole bunch for him at the same time, but this much should be okay. Since a lot of it was small thanks to his size, it wasn't as expensive as it might seem.

"Um...I think I'll also get a bike horn to go with," after typing said item into the search field, Aiden selected a lavender horn and added it to the cart.

"Okay. Is that everyone for now? We can always add more later, but I can't go over spending." She took back her phone once he was finished with it and went through the process to order it and get it all shipped to them. "Alright. Now, we just have to wait until it's all shipped here. For now, we go about our business as usual."

"Thanks, Clara," Aiden said with an appreciative smile. "Now I don't have to hold your hand. Once all this comes, I can go on my own."

"Well, I'd say we still need to be aware that a living doll is still strange," Clara replied. "So you're going to have to be careful. It isn't impossible that someone could try to do something to you or take you. So, until I figure out a way to solve that issues, I don't want you going anywhere without me." She didn't want to treat him like a child, but something had to be done just in case something happened.

Aiden sighed. Though he desperately wanted to venture on his own, he knew she had a point. "...Alright...but I have to admit, it's a little irritating."

"I know. Just give me some time to figure out a solution," Clara replied. She understood how he felt about it and she was definitely going to come up with something. What would be able to keep him safe? She thought for a moment and something came to her mind. "I know this is a little odd and maybe uncomfortable, but how would you feel if we gave you a bracelet or something that I could track if we needed to. In case someone took you."

"I guess that could work," the toy said. "I could be getting a little ahead of myself, but it seems most people are...oddly fine with me."

"Yeah, so far we've lucked out pretty good, but I still worry that there's going to be someone. I mean, it only takes one person for something to go wrong," Clara said. Of course, as she thought about it, they could also get him some sort of phone. That would help in some ways, though she still worried about the kidnapping part. He might not be able to use a phone then or the person could get rid of it on purpose.

"That's true. Then again, that lady at the bookstore or the people who served us at the restaurant earlier could have already posted about us on social media by now. Word's gonna get out no matter what," Aiden countered.

"Yeah, but that's all more reason to be smart about it. If they posted something, then that means there's more chance of there being at least one person who doesn't take you very well," Clara replied. There was bound to be someone who took him negatively or maybe who wanted to study him in some way. "I just want to be prepared in case something happens. It's not like people don't do that too."

"Yeah, I guess," he gasped. "Wait! I just realized, I need a helmet and pads! Can we go back and order those while we can?"

"We can still order them. We can just make a new order," Clara replied. She gave him back her phone again so he could pick a helmet and pads that he liked. "Alright, pick the ones you want and then I'll order them for you. It's no big deal really since we're ordering them around the same time. They most likely would come separately anyway."

Nodding, Aiden browsed through the smallest selections of helmets and pads. After a few moments, he added a lavender helmet, along with matching with blue elbo and knees with white design to the cart. He handed the phone back to Clara.

Clara finished off the order for him. "Alright, all done," she commented. "We just have to wait for them to be shipped now. So, you can go back to playing your games if you want to. Don't forget you also got these other ones from the game store earlier." She pointed to the two games on the table.

"Thanks," Aiden said.
Reaching across the table, he picked up the two games, tucked them under an arm, and carefully managed to hop off the chair and go back over to the TV, setting them down.