2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
A Doll's Destiny
(ScarletNova and @Cinnamon)​

Clara held her umbrella tightly as the rain dropped down on it. She stepped over a puddle forming on the sidewalk and continued her walk home. A car drove by here and there. A couple other people walked the sidewalks as well ever so often. But because of the rain there wasn't as many people around as there normally would be. She glanced over at the stores to the left of her, taking a brief look at what was in the windows.

After a few more steps something had caught her eye. She stopped and stared at it for a few moments. It was a doll. She didn't quite know what was drawing her to it, but she decided to head into the store. She closed her umbrella and headed over to it to get a better look. She took it in her hands gently and continued to stare at it for a few more minutes. She let out a sigh then headed for the counter.

"I'll take this," she commented to the teen behind the counter and placed the doll in front of her. The teen rang her up and she paid for the doll. She placed it into a bag to keep it safe from the rain and then left the store. She continued on her walk until she arrived home. When she got there, she put her umbrella where it could dry and placed her stuff onto the table. She sat the bag with the doll down and took the doll out of the bag, setting it on the table and then walked away.

The doll sat there, blinking. After a moment, he decided to take a look around his new environment. Scooting to the table's edge, he turned onto his hands and knees and carefully climbed down into a chair, then down to the floor. Spotting a sofa off to the right, he padded over, then stopped. What was he doing, treating this person's home as if it belonged to him? Turning about, he ran after the young lady and gently tapped her back.

Clara was walking down the hallway when she felt something touch her. It was odd. There was no one else in the house. She jumped a little at the thought, but calmed down after a moment. It was probably just something else. She turned to see what might have touched her, but standing there was the doll that she had just gotten. She froze up and stared at it. Why was a doll standing there? How did it get over to her? Did it touch her? W-Was it haunted?! "U-uh," she commented. It was all that she could get out.

The doll stepped back, raising his plush, white hands in a placating gesture. He subconsciously knew people would be weary of a sentient doll. Nevertheless, he viewed himself as another person and desired to walk among them. He smiled up at her and, in a slightly squeaky voice, he said, "It's alright, hun, I won't hurt you."

Clara blinked, just standing there as the doll raised his hand up and then spoke to her. It told her it wouldn't hurt her, but this was a little much to process. She was quiet as she thought it through. First of all, it was completely weird that this doll was alive in the first place. She didn't quite understand how that was even possible. Maybe she was dreaming? But she didn't recall going to sleep. She knew she had actually bought the doll and that it was really talking to her. Or she was going crazy. It could be that one.

"Y-you're talking," she replied. "And moving...how is that even possible." So many thoughts were going through her head. She had trouble putting them all together. But maybe she could at least try to get some more information. That might be the only thing that helped her make sense of the situation.

The doll merely chuckled, hoping to lessen the tension. He could clearly see she was confused, perhaps frightened. "I honestly have no idea. Normally, when people are around, I'm usually quiet, but when I'm alone, I get up and move about, so I don't accidentally scare someone to death."

So it didn't know itself how any of it was possible and it usually kept it secret. Well, that made sense. It was a rather frightening situation and was very confusing. Clara still didn't even know what to do about it. "S-So..." she began to say but stopped for a moment. When she thought about it, if it was alive then it most likely had feelings especially if it was concerned about scaring people. She didn't want to say something that would be mean to it. "You're alive. And I guess...that means you just want to do whatever you want...right?"

He nodded, brightening. "Yep! I mean, have you seen the movies where robots decide to leave their original programing behind and try to fit in? So, why not a doll, right?"
He extended his hand to her. "And...thanks for bringing me here. I really do appreciate it."

She could understand what he was saying, but there were also movies where those types of situations led to the robots going evil. And there were even movies with evil dolls. She just hoped he was honestly telling the truth. She didn't want to just assume negative things because of movies, but you just never know. She looked at his hand that he held out. She took it gently, not wanting to hurt a doll, and shook it a little. "Well, something about you drew me in I suppose," she commented. "But I hope you don't mind me saying that it's still pretty odd to me."

"Nope, not at all," he grinned, black, beady eyes glistening. "And, was it the fur? I could be wrong, but there aren't many dolls with it. Most of us are either made of plastic or soft cloth."

It was still pretty weird and it was going to take a long time to get used to, but for now she was going to try to relax and bit more. "I'm not sure, maybe," she commented back. She wasn't really sure what part of the doll actually drew her to buy him, but either way something did and now he was standing in her hallway. "So, do you need anything...? I'm sure you don't eat of course, but do you need to like sleep? Is there anything else you are going to need?"

"Oh, just sleeping on a couch with a soft blanket. I don't want to impose. And, if you'd like any help with anything, I'd be more than happy to. What's your name, by the way?" He knew he should have asked for her name first, but he figured it'd be best to clean the air before proceeding to introductions.

Sleeping on the couch didn't seem like the best option, but he was a doll after all. And it wasn't like he was very big. Maybe after some time she could see if there was another way he wanted to sleep. She gave him a smile when he mentioned that he would help her with anything, though at the moment she wasn't quite sure what a two-foot doll could even do. "I'm Clara," she responded after she heard his question. "What about you? Do you have a name?"

"No, never had one," he replied. He had many names over the years...but none of them stuck with him. "I am fine with you just calling me 'Doll,' but I'm open to suggestions. Nice to meet you, Clara."

He never had a name? And while he said it was fine if she called him doll, it just didn't seem right to her. He really should have name, especially if he wanted to live just like any other human. He did say it was open to suggestions though, so maybe they could come up with a name he might really like. Although, she didn't know anything about him yet so she wasn't quite sure what kind of name would suit him. "It's nice to meet you too," she said. "But I think we should properly give you a name."

"Alrighty then," he couldn't help bouncing on his heels. He just hope none of the names she suggested were too...strange. He spoke in a mock British accent. "Well, what shall it be, my darling?"

Well, now she was put on the spot to give him a name and she wasn't quite sure what to even call him. She stared at him for a few more minutes. "How about Jeremy?" she said. "Do you like that name? Or would you prefer something different. I want you to like the name." She didn't want to force a name that he wasn't comfortable with. She waited for an answer, though she kept contemplating other names just in case he wasn't fond of that one.

"Jeremy?" he laughed heartily. That name may be suitable for humans...but it sounded outright funny to him. Collecting himself, he went on, "Oh, no, not that one."

So he didn't like it, huh? Well, then it was time to move on to another one. Though she was struggling to figure out what the doll might. Did he want something more normal? Or was he expecting something more unique. "Why don't you tell me what you might be looking for then?" she asked him. "We might just end up going through a whole list if I don't know some of your preferences."

The doll rested his head in his hand, frowning in deep contemplation. While at the mental hospital, he was called many names: Fluffy, Bobbie, Doll...but they just didn't feel right, but where to even begin?
Finally, he said, "Um...I honestly have no idea. 'Jeremy' sounds strange to me, so..."

Last edited: