A Doll's Destiny

Eventually Clara decided to continue reading again because that was what she wanted to do. She had work the next day, so she figured do the things she wanted to do most. So, she continued to read until the evening and decided to stop and watch some TV with Aiden when he put on Full House. "I used to watch them when I was younger," she commented. It brought back some memories of when she was a kid.

"I did too. The hospital staff would sometimes put it on. They had to carefully monitor what the patients watched," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. "So, I suppose it gives you some memories too, huh? Well, yours probably aren't as good though since it was just what was on the TV in the hospital. But you can replace them with memories of here instead and getting to watch it because you choose to." She gave him a smile. Although getting to watch this show wasn't bad. It was a good one to watch.

"I didn't mind watching what the patients watched. Most of it was g and pg-rated," Aiden explained.

"I can understand that, but you still deserve to be able to watch what you want to watch, which is what you get to do now," Clara replied. It was good that they watched things he enjoyed even if he couldn't choose it, but still, there was a difference of just watching it because it was what was on versus choosing it for yourself. "Well, just know that you are free to watch anything you want here."

(OOC: Time skip to...a random point in time?)
"Thanks," Aiden replied.
A few hours passed, and Aiden turned in for the night, once again a little before midnight.

(ooc: Um, yeah. Not sure when though.)

Clara continued to watch with him until it was time for her to eat dinner. She headed for the kitchen and made some food for herself, then sat down and ate. Once she was all finished and she had cleaned up, she joined him again. But she needed to head to bed before him since she had to get up early because of her work, so while he stayed up still, she decided to head off to bed and sleep.

(Ooc: Maybe January?)
Aiden slept soundly, tucked snuggly in his little doll bed.

(OOC: If you want. The time doesn't really seem to be affecting our rp anyway. But if you want you can have him finally get a job offer or something since it'll skip a few months.)

Clara got herself ready for the night. She had sure she had her alarm set again so she would be able to wake up at the correct time and have enough time in the morning to get herself ready and not be late for work. Although no one else was there but her, she still couldn't open the bookstore late as that didn't look good. She slept soundly.

(Ooc: Sounds like a plan.)
The new year arrived faster than Aiden anticipated, and with much promise. After submitting multiple job applications, Aiden finally received a position as an at-home data entry clerk. He currently sat at Clara's Kitchen table, her laptop before him, face taught with concentration as he pasted some numbers into an excel spreadsheet. Dance music played quietly through the computer's speakers.

Clara was glad Aiden had finally gotten himself a job. It gave him something to do and he would be able to have his own money. She just hoped he wouldn't get too tired of it quickly. Even if you loved your job, there were still times when you just didn't want to do it. But the best thing was getting the chance to buy what you wanted and he seemed to have a growing list of wants. Meanwhile, Clara was at her own work at the bookstore, so she wasn't able to be home like he was. Hopefully his day was going well.

Meanwhile, back home, Aiden finished placing more data into his spreadsheet, before deciding to take a lunchbreak. Switching to youtube, the toy leaned back in his seat and watched a video on the year's top toys. He thought about going outside, but it had snowed recently. Aiden did not like being cold and wet.

Although Clara was curious on how Aiden's day was going, she wasn't quite sure what kind of schedule he was giving himself and she didn't want to to interrupt him with a call. She was just going to have to wait until she got home. So, she kept herself busy with customers and when no one was around, she would distract herself with something. Though, it seemed that some people missed having Aiden be in the shop.

Finished with his lunchbreak, Aiden resumed working until four o'clock. Sending the spreadsheet to his supervisor, Aiden exited out of the program with a sigh. He had to admit, although this job wasn't much, it was nevertheless bringing in the dough. Closing the laptop, Aiden climbed off the chair, pushed it in, and moved to the sofa, flipping the TV onto nickelodeon.

As the day went on and Clara finished her work, she made her way back home. When she arrived, she noticed Aiden on the couch watching some TV. She sat her bag down and took a seat near him. She waited for a commercial break in case he was watching something he really wanted to hear. "So, how was work?" she asked him. She wondered how he felt about it. He was really excited to get a job before, but now that he had one, she was curious to know how he felt.

"Good, managed to complete a spreadsheet and sent it off to my boss. What about you? Get any interesting people?" Aiden replied.

"I'm glad it was good so far," Clara replied. "As for mine, it was fine. Nothing any different than what it was when you were there. Just your typical customer looking for some books. I do get some that are wondering where you are now. It seems they have gotten so used to you being at the store that it feels weird not seeing you there."

"Maybe if I get some paid time off, I'll stop by for a visit. After all, I got my bike now, so transportation's covered," Aiden said.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Though I'm sure you could technically work anywhere you wanted and sometimes work at the bookstore if you were interested or needed a change of scenery," Clara replied. She thought that maybe working at home could get tiring and he might want to break it up a little bit. Not everyone wanted their work to be home with them all the time.

"True, but your laptop is too big for me to carry," Aiden said.