A Doll's Destiny

"Of course it does," Clara replied. "It should be ending soon. The faster point is towards the end of it anyway." It would most likely being coming towards the end soon with them getting much faster and him starting to have more trouble. That usually signaled the end of the game. It's not like the game was a really long one either. It probably just felt that way.

Now, the moles were coming up by fives and sixes. He continued hitting them, now spinning and dancing about. He figured this was the fastest part of the game.

It seemed to be the end of the game with so many moles coming out at the same time. "You're almost done," she commented. This was just the way the game was. It was the point. It was really hard to hit all of them by the last part of the game, especially for those who were playing it for the first time. But the game was coming to an end.

Seven moles came up. Aiden managed to hit four of them, before the game ended. He placed the mallet back in its holder and hunched over, hands on his knees, panting lightly. "Man...that thing's nuts. Still, I had fun."

"Yeah, it can get pretty tough. But people like it that way. They like to try their best at getting all of them," Clara replied. "But I'm glad you had fun. If you need to take a big of a break, that's fine. But is there any other game you want to play? There are quite a lot in here, but you don't have to play them all today of course."

"Does this place have bowling?" out of all the sports he wanted to try, bowling was one of them. He just hoped they had balls that could fit in his small hands.

"No, I don't think they have actual bowling here. We would have to go to a bowling alley, though that isn't too far away either," Clara replied. She never heard of an arcade having any bowling before, but she did glance around. Bowling was a bit too big for an arcade. "We could always go there if you want."

"Not now, I still wanna keep playing here," Aiden glanced around briefly. "...What other rides does this place have?"

"Okay. We can always go to the bowling alley another time," Clara replied. "Uh, well arcades themselves usually don't have too many rides because they aren't big enough for it. If you want to go on some rides, it might be best to head to an amusement park or something similar. I'm not sure if they specifically have anything else here. We would have to look around."

"This place doesn't have any small, easy rides?"

"I'm not entirely sure. We would have to look around some more. It's not like I've been here all the time," Clara replied. She wasn't one to ride on a lot of rides and it didn't seem like something you would do alone, so she wasn't confident that she knew everything in the arcade. "There might be some smaller ones around here somewhere."

"Well, let us take a looksy!" Aiden scampered off. He only saw more games, such as Spider Stomper, a water gun game, Mario Kart, a Sonic game, finally spotting a mini bowling game. "Clara, look!"

She paused when they spotted the mini bowling. "Well, I guess they do have a version here," she commented. "Do you want to try it out?" It seemed like they had small enough balls for him to be able to handle since it was mini. They were bound to not be that heavy. She pulled out some more coins so she could start it for him.

"Yes, please," Aiden moved into position before the small alley.

"Okay," she replied. She put the coin into the game and a ball, the right size for Aiden, appeared. He would be able to easily take the ball whenever he was ready. "Alright, go ahead whenever you want to start." She moved out of the way because she wanted to give him enough room to move around his arm.

Nodding, Aiden picked up the ball and threw it, underhanded, down the lane, which led to three pins falling over. A moment later, they reset, and the ball came back. Aiden did two more throws, the first knocking down four, the second six.

Clara sat down by a nearby bench that was most likely set up for someone to watch another play the bowling game. She continued to watch him and cheered him on. "You can do it," she commented. He was already doing better than what she had ever did when she first tried out bowling. It wasn't always easy. It was fairly common for people to miss the pins altogether.

"Thank you, honey bun," Aiden said after knocking down another six pins. The rolled back, and he knocked only knocked down three.

"I'm surprised you are doing so well. Is this really your first time or have you actually bowled before?" Clara commented as she continued to watch. She figured it would be okay to talk. Some people did have trouble concentrating on two things, but she figured that he would be fine and it was just a fun game.

"This is my first time," Aiden threw again, knocking down seven pins. "I'm honestly surprised I'm doing so well too."