A Desperate Race

Re: A Desperate Race (anyone is welcome, but pls be serious about joining cause I don't want ppl that are gonna drop out later)

Ari breathed heavily, and looked up at Aleron, "Trivelda's daughter. She's stitching your clothes and keeping your sword safe. I'll go get her. Hold on." Ari heaved up and walked out the door, coming back later, with Aleron's things. "Here." The Commander-in-Chief sat back on the floor quietly, thinking to himself. He had no idea whether he should leave this young man or stay with him. "I'm sure you're fine, now, right? And....by the way......nothing.....strange happened while I was out, did it?"

Re: A Desperate Race (anyone is welcome, but pls be serious about joining cause I don't want ppl that are gonna drop out later)

Aleron lifted up his blue tunic, making a sound of disapproval when he saw the large black stitches in his shirt where the hole had been. Oh well. he pulled the shirt over his head, feeling a bit better now that his skin, and the large, still open, wound in his chest were covered. He clutched at the hilt of the sword, and pulled on it. Still wouldn't come out of its sheathe. Good, that's as it should be. He looked up at Ari with his large blue-glass eyes. They were wide, as if he was worried about the elvish warrior. Nobody would ever guess that it was all a lie.

"Well, no... you convulsed a little, and went white as a sheet," He peered at him, "Are you feeling better now?" He extended his hand, "I'm sorry, we didn't meet under the best of circumstances. My name is Aleron. Aleron Libon, from the nation of Morn. You probably haven't heard of it. It's rather far away from here. And you are...?" He smiled pleasantly, "I don't remember much," he admitted.

Ari chuckled softly and looked back at Aleron leaning over to shake his hand. "It's a surprise you haven't heard of me. Maskannai, as well. I guess it's better, though. Just call me Ari. It's really just a nickname, but it's what everyone calls me....except for the King. I used to be his top assassin and now I'm the military Commander-In-Chief," he replied softly, "Let's just say I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of, word got out, and now everyone across the lands who's heard of me, now runs in fear. That should be all you need to know. And, yes, I'm fine, thank you." The ex-assassin hoped to himself that the King wouldn't give out his name, to the woman. That would end badly. Probably.

IC:

Her senses told her that the demons were not there now and she sighed from relief, "It's okay now Trivelda." She smiled at her and then saw her daughter go inside the room with clothes. Looking at Trivelda, she handed her a tiny note, and told her, "Well Trivelda I'll be going, the horse is outside, tell The Commander In Chief that the horse of the elven lady, who was seen with him, is outside. That said, Freya walked out of the house without getting to meet anyone but Trivelda and her daughter. She glanced at the horse and patted it. "It's okay your master will come for you soon." Freya tired of walking for so long, sat down leaning against the wall, just across the street from Trivelda's, she looked up at the sky aimlessly and then closed her eyes. Just then her back hurt and she jumped up, she hated when this happened, something was definitely wrong with her. She had wound marks etched all over her back, but it was strange for she did not know how she got them, but they would hurt from time to time. You could say she had had amnesia and she still didn't know about her life before she was thirteen. Freya sighed, so many questions twirled in her mind, none of them were answered and it made her feel so lost in this world.

Aleron yawned slightly, and then rolled out of bed, and slid on his leggings, and then his boots. He clipped his sword to his belt, and felt better now that the comfortable weight was at his side again. He rubbed his eyes, shaking the sands of sleep out of them. He stood infront of Ari and smiled pleasantly, "Shall we head out? You have a king to see or something," Aleron thought back to what he had said when he was nearly dying in a back alleyway. He said slowly, "And since I can't go see the king for a variety of reasons, we have a bit of a pickle here," He ran a hand through his hair, "You need me. I have more experience with demons than most. My entire country was overthrown by them, I should know them well enough."

He gave a small chuckle, "Besides, I'm in the business of killing demons. And business seems to be booming whenever you and that girl are around." he rested on hand on the hilt of his sword, "We can go to see the king... but you can't let him recognize me." He hoped that Ari wouldn't inquire further, but he knew that he probably would. He was, afterall, the commander in chief, and it was his business to know anything and everything about the king and why somebody as suspicious as Aleron probably was would want to hide from him.