1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance, Action, Adventure, etc.
Generally, it's what I feel more in the mood for.
~~This as of now doesn't have a title. I'm open to suggestions~~
This RP will be set in the world of Demon Slayer albeit with a few changes. I absolutely intend to take creative liberties where I can to avoid being stale or having to follow the story elements beat for beat. It should be noted that I do not actually know much beyond the scope of the anime as I have not read the manga. I do not personally mind spoilers as I’ll likely be looking things up as needed on average, but for now, there are a few things to note for this game.
  1. The setting: This game will be set in modern times. Close enough anyway. I’m thinking sometime around the mid-2010s, likely around 2016, but I can be flexible on this. This gets us out of the Taisho period of Japan and gives a few more options for creativity when it comes to what we do and how we do it. The world will essentially take the stage of an AU and so some things may be changed at my and the potential Co-GM’s discretion.
  2. The weapons: Modern times always us a greater range of weaponry, items, medicines, etc. However, there are some things I’d like to steer clear of. First and foremost, UV lights and stuff I will say can help to weaken or ward off demons, but cannot kill them. I say this because while radiation and stuff from the sun is mimicked we cannot say for sure that this is what actually kills them. Guns will be extremely limited. Most bullets would serve as deterrents, but never actually kill them unless specially made either from the ore used to make Nichirin Blades or soaked in Wisteria poison. I’m not say no guns, but lower level things. Ideally, we’ll try to stick to swords, daggers, and other melee weaponry. I’ll be a bit more flexible on this.
  3. Breath styles: You can utilize a Breath Styles from the anime, the manga, or create your own. Breath styles of your own creation will be a bit more scrutinized. You will be ask to draft at least a few specific moves.
  4. Supernatural elements: The world of Demon Slayer is ripe with possibilities for supernatural elements. However, whether or not this extends to Breath styles, at least as of the anime, is a little shaky. It is often theorized that apart from enhancing the body, they don’t do much more and most visual representations of abilities are just that, visual. However, for the course of this roleplay, I believe that they should be of mystical properties. I love the possibilities, but techniques that create water, fire, lightning, etc. will do as we expected, but doing so will take a lot of practice, skill, and be reserved for higher level techniques, if that makes sense.
For now, these are the key aspects of the RP that I planned on introducing and utilizing. Deeper story elements will be worked on, but I wanted to gauge interest, gather ideas, and try to write in a collaborative effort. I may need a Co-GM or two to help over the course of this game.

That said, it should be noted that this game will require communication and participation beyond the realm of Iwaku. We will utilize Discord more than the in-site OOC area, and are very likely to use google docs for collaboration as I’ve found this very useful when the GMs of another RP I’m in began to do so. If you are not comfortable with, or willing to use both of these mediums, I apologize but I think it’d be best if you do not join this game.

Additionally, 1 post will be required per week. This may be flexible so long as you communicate or let me and future Co-GMs know if you are unable to for whatever reason. You will not be questioned. However, if 2 weeks go by without a post or without hearing from you at all, you will receive a warning. 3 weeks will result in potentially being kicked from the game following the results of a vote by the Co-GMs and myself. This may seem harsh, but it is necessary to avoid a premature death to the roleplay. Note that I am very lenient. Potential Co-GMs may not be.

Please respond with interest and any questions you may have! Thanks for your time!

Reactions: Thaleko
-puts interest here-

Possible interest in the rp, co-gm'ing if need be

Oh, oh! I know a bunch! I've read all the manga so far, watched the series--and plan to see the movie! So if you need help, I'll be there to make sure you know your stuff! : 3

Name: Takeshi Kaneshiro
Nickname: Inazima, Kane, Shiro
Height: 5'9
Weight: 163 lbs/ 109Kg
Eye Color: Hoary
Hair Color: Platinum white
Weapon (Primary): Two Nichirin swords one with a deep cherry red say and a black saego, one more reddish-orange with a lavender-colored saego.
Weapon Secondary: Nichirin
Ōdachi--an immense blade which he keeps strapped to his back to deliberately weigh him down. The weight of the sword is such that most others, even more, muscular men can't wield it proficiently finding the weight to be un wieldy--yet those who have seen Kaneshiro use the blade, he's been noted to take out several foes at once and draw it as fast as his Nichirin katana causing the air to create a vacuum that quickly an explosively fills creating a thunderclap.

Personality: Like his breath style, Kaneshiro can't keep still; some part of him is always moving; fidgeting and stirring. He has an excitable personality, however, just as lighting can be dangerous when he enters battle his demeanor changes--and drastically. He will no longer carry a carefree smirk but a glower like that of a turbulent cloud-ready to set embark and set it powerful graces towards the ground in a display of utmost speed. He is the fastest of the pillars able to shrink the distance between himself and an enemy as if by magic. His mastery of Shinsoku is something to be awed and feared. for just because you may be strong, means little when you can't hit the target you are going after. He also uses Shukuchi which is the next evolution of Shinsoku. With Shikuchi Kaneshiro moves at beyond god-like speed, which only showing his footsteps crashing into the floor. This also allows him to run on walls, dodge in mid-step. He is also shown to use reduced forms of the technique, naming them (X) steps below the true Shukuchi. However, with each elevation, his speed increases drastically; he can even zig-zag much like a lightning bolt seeking its tether, its opposite.

There are faults with this, as there are with many of the other Breath Styles. One it depletes stamina readily and an accelerated pace meaning you have to be able to control your breathing perfectly. Also, if you are using even just Shinsoku you have to learn how to control your movements, making them both unpredictable to your enemy, yet controlled enough for one to come to a dead standstill at once. Shuntensatsu, the technique that Kaneshiro named after having to slay his entire family once they had become Yokai, meaning Instant Heavenly Murder was so quick that his four siblings and his mother died without feeling a thing. Not the place of the blade against their throats; they did not wander around instead they crumpled to the ground. His father died as the sun rose above the mountains. Needless to say, the Breath of Thunder relies on quick, resolute feelings and no hesitation; it isn't for the faint of heart.

It can be as flamboyant as the Breath of Flame but isn't as ostentatious. It doesn't hit as hard as the Breath of Stone, but for every one or two strikes, the Breath of Stone can doll out, the breath of Thunder and make a multitude of strikes with surgical precision. For this reason, Kaneshiro is usually the first into battle. Able to outmaneuver or altogether avoid strikes and blows from lesser Demons. He often acts as a vanguard until the Demon Slayer Corps gets to the scene. In which case he will coordinate with subordinates, and teammates alike to determine the best outcome.

History: Takeshi was born into an impoverished part of town, but rather than sit and weep for things to get better, he would take fate by the hand and make a difference of himself. He worked hard, paying off his father's gambling debt so they wouldn't have to sell his sister into prostitution. However, things hardly go as planned and a demon attacked his family whilst he was home one knight. Kaneshiro had taken up swordsmanship prior as it was one of his hobbies and something he could find pride in himself over. Yet no matter how he struggled, he was powerless to stop the events unfolding before him. That said, he may not have been able to stop his family's massacre, but once outside in the moonlit night he was able to dodge and shift quickly on his feet avoiding the voracious demon's attempts to devour him as well. That is when Uesugi Takahashi crossed their paths and dispatched the demon after watching the child fight valiantly for his life and lives of those he mourned.

From then on he was instructed in the Breath of Thunder Style...Being renamed to Inazima Raiun.

Breathe Style: Kaminari no kokyū (Breath of Thunder)

Attacks

• First Style: Thunderclap and Flash ( Ichi no kata: Hekireki Issen)- The user dashes forward and slashes at their opponent with incredible speed. Kaneshiro has honed this ability to the extent of being able to repeat the dash multiple times in quick succession.
    • Six-Fold (Rokuren) - A compilation of the First Style with a series of six dashes. Primarily used by Kaneshiro.

• Eight-Fold ( Hachiren) - Kaneshiro dashes eight times within one use of this technique.

• God Speed (Shinsoku) - Further augments the speed of Thunderclap and Flash.
  • Second Style: Lightning Ball (Ni no kata: Inadama) - The swordsman is able to generate five straight attacks around the user in a single moment .

• Third Style: Buzzing Mosquito Thunder ( San no kata: Shiubun seirai) - Generates a spinning wave of lightning in all directions.

• Fourth Style: Distant Thunder ( Shi no kata: Enrai) - The user releases multiple ranged strikes towards a target.

• Fifth Style: Heat Lightning (Go no kata: Retsu kairai) - A single, focused, slashing attack.

• Sixth Style: Electric Lightning Shower (Roku no kata: Dengou raigou) - A series of strong ranged attacks released around the user.

• Seventh Style: Flaming Thunder God (Shichi no kata: Honoikazuchi no kami)- A form developed by Kaneshiro. The user conjures the image of a dragon-like creature of lightning while attacking at blinding speeds.
Other Abilities: Due to his extremely high metabolism from learning and being taught all seven techniques, Takeshi Kaneshiro, while not completely immune to demonic poison, is highly resistant to it due to it burning out of his system at alarming rate. However, this is a double-edged sword; if he is by some measure injected with a toxin that is inherently fast-acting his momentum will only further the progression of the poison of venom.

He can also neutralize demonic miasma, which is how he collected all his swords--they were from fallen 'Moons' that had dueled him.

{Wip}

Last edited:
-puts interest here-
Awesomesauce!

Possible interest in the rp, co-gm'ing if need be
I know you're more than up to the task. Even if you're not Co-GMing I'm sure you'll keep me on track bro!

Oh, oh! I know a bunch! I've read all the manga so far, watched the series--and plan to see the movie! So if you need help, I'll be there to make sure you know your stuff! : 3
Thanks! Always happy to receive help!

However
, I would say to hold off on the character. I wanna see if further interest is garnered before I put up an OOC. I'll keep you posted, but we'll wanna make sure all the characters fit into the context of the story that has been created for this little modern Demon Slayer AU. Just don't want you getting ahead of yourself.

we out here

Yo, I could be interested.

I'd probably be interested as well if you don't mind that I'm not terribly experienced with longer-response type roleplaying stuff.

I'm not normally one to mind so long as you're making the effort. If you can try to get me at least a paragraph or so per post I'll try to give you a shot and help you out where I can

In that case, I'm definitely interested, then.

okay, I think this is tentatively enough to put up an ooc. Expected that some time later today or tomorrow. Hopefully you guy’s will want to stick around. If not I understand. And we might even get more people cause I know some don’t hop on interest checks, but do hope in OOCs

I am putting my interest here too.

• Useful
Reactions: Izurich