A Delayed Entrance

N

Night

Original poster
First up, before the survey for the newbie here is answered, I just want to start off with a comment regarding my delayed posting a few days after making the account. I tried filling out the survey several times, but each time I got to the end of the survey where I demonstrated a piece of how I roleplay, after all the editing and revising, i clicked enter and it proceeded to ask me to log in after each time. After the first time, I figured to copy/paste the next time to make sure that post would not be lost, but yet again, after clicking the submit button, I found myself having to log in... without being able to paste what I had typed up prior. A repeat of the process for the third time and I just decided to not have a sample of how I roleplay. I am aware of it only being an optional piece to be done, but I don't feel it any just to have people look through the resume to invite me to a roleplay only to find that the style I do doesn't suit their tastes (as I have come to find that this is a common occurrence amongst those that I've roleplayed with before) and just make the roleplay not as good as they would have liked it to be. This is not to complain or nag about anything regarding the forum or its staff, just a reason as to why I was late in getting started after making the account.

With that said:

What nicknames do you like to be called? Night is the main one that I stick to, though I have picked up a few other names along the way.

Are you a boy or a girl, and how old are ya? Male and currently seventeen.

What's your favorite genres to roleplay? As covered in the resume, they are usually of the magical variety. Points in time don't really concern me except for the future. I do not dislike it, but I find myself limited in the alluring mystics of science-fiction related genres because I see that at least having some understanding of technology would make it better (despite the fact that science-fiction isn't always bound to modern day laws of science).
[Shortened for reader sake.]
What kind of characters do you usually play?
I have played a few types, but I usually stick with the more darker type personality of characters. While there has been one in particular that has grabbed my attention for a good while, I do realize that I need to make a new character to refresh my flow. The only problem is that I am having a hard time thinking of a story plot or design for a character to make him last longer than a mere day (in roleplay time).
Would you prefer Space Kittens, Angry Marines, Sparkling Vampires or Wolf Packs?
Anything violent or dark?
Give us your favorite song of the moment and SING IT LOUD AND PROUD~!

Until your rapture falls to pieces,
Until your rapture falls to pieces.
Find in me the room to breathe
Simple things like suffering.

Side Note: I keep noticing while I am typing that 'Auto-Save' Pops up every so often. To what extent does that cover?

Hello there new person called night :D
To answer your side note, the auto-save saves what you have written up until it auto-saved. If you cancel your post then the auto-save will disappear. If the window closes or you leave the side before you have sent the post or canceled it then it will be saved so you can take the text up again whenever you feel like it. I don't know how long it keeps being saved but sometime I can notice that it is saved for a month when I get back to a thread that I have been writing in but then haven't send and not canceled. But don't trust the auto-save to much, sometimes it haven't saved at all for me so save it on your computer just in case if you don't want to send it at the moment but maybe later.

I hope you enjoy iwaku and if you have any questions you can either ask me, the admins or any other member on iwaku ;)

red blood explained it right well!

In fact auto-save saved my ass again when my computer crashed while typing this. ><

That log out problem you seem to be having sounds like you might not have checked the "Remember Me" option when you logged in, and your session timed out. O__O If you DID click remember me, you might need to check your browser to make sure you are accepting cookies from iwakuroleplay.com

And if you STILL have any timeout problems after that, we have a bug thread make sure you give your browser info and lots of details and which pages the logout happens!

...also... Welcome to the community!

Gratitude extended to those that replied to this. It seems the forum looks quite good. I haven't gotten to reading much of the threads but the skin/design for the place seems extravagant. Just waiting to see if I can get out of the rut that I've been in.

Hello Night! Welcome to Iwaku. Looks like people are sorting you out all right.

AH, HURT! I LOVE THAT SONG, THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
I've just met you, but I like you.
Welcome to Iwaku, I'm Kitti!

Since you're new and I haven't seen you around yet:
This is where you can sign up for the roleplays found in Modern, Scifi, Fantasy, and sometimes Mature. Generally, they will have you post a character sheet in their thread, a new sheet for each roleplay! You can also start signups for a roleplay of your own here.

This is where you can find jump in games, which typically have no sign up thread. You just start posting!

If you need help, please do ask!

Welcome to Iwaku, Night. I am a huge fan of the dark hours, in fact, someday I will live my life at night, working a graveyard shift somewhere and getting black out curtains for my windows. I am weird, I like to avoid people whenever possible : )

Anyway

Hope you enjoy our awesomely addictive RP!