A Day in Varden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted. Spoiler alert: I'm a monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's one way to solve a side plot.

In a surprise twist, it turns out the assassin uses murder as his first option to solve problem. :P

Status Report #4
Time: 6:40 AM. 17 hours and 20 minutes remaining until midnight.

Living Townspeople: 938 (RIP Synoriel)

Major Objectives
  • Find and speak to Tanos Vir.
Minor Objectives
  • Bad For Business: Synoriel, an elven shopkeep, seems displeased with Loma's success. She has offered coin and enchanted rings in exchange for Loma being murdered. Synoriel was killed and Kal'Sidus has the enchanted rings, but he has no idea what they do.
  • The Black Rod: A strange rod hangs above the blacksmith's door. Its purpose is uncertain, but Gorrus the blacksmith explained what he knew and it seems to be connected the Sharza, the Goddess of Death, in some way.
  • Necromancy in Varden: There seems to be a necromancer at work in town, somewhere near or perhaps even inside the local lord's keep. Some investigation may be in order.
  • Disturbing Disappearances: Families have been disappearing from Varden over the past week, gone without a trace or signs of a struggle. Esther has discovered that one family, at least, was taken away willingly by the God of the Hunt to become Servitors.
  • A Purple Robe: Two men have been spotted wearing distinctive bright purple robes.. or one man has been spotted in two places without being seen moving between. Coincidence? Perhaps.
  • Hidden Sanctuary: There is a somewhat hidden, though likely known to the town, and strange building just outside the eastern border of town. It is a monastery, with a monk and his apprentices calling the place home. Something seems amiss, as there appears to be a missing member of the little order of monks, but Tozen has not spoken of it.
Actions Taken
Kal'Sidus: Killed Synoriel, took the enchanted rings, and quickly concealed her body.
Loima: Talked to Torgun and followed the leylines.
Marlene: No post. No action taken.
Esther: Shared her findings with Amel, continued northward travel.
Amel: Shared Esther's findings with Captain Holdan, continued northward travel.
Careena: Spoke to the inhabitants of the monastery.
Wrogan: Talked to Gorrus the blacksmith about getting his horses reshod.
Marco: No post. Second round without a post, is now inactive.

Just so you guys know, now is when possible railroading will occur. A few characters are right on the cusp of getting to Tanos Vir, so the rest of you lot (namely Kal'Sidus, Marlene, Careena, and Wrogan) should ideally head for the pond as well at the end of your next posts. If that's horribly inconvenient for where you are and what you're doing, I shall have to pull some bullshit and get another NPC to spew exposition at you so you're all on roughly the same page and ready to get on with the main objectives.

This week has been pretty rough for me, and I wasn't able to devote any time to working on a collab. As for last week, I'll politely and shamelessly defer the blame to my brother.

I'll post up what I've got, though, little as it is.

I should probably mention RP'ing has dropped down the list quite a few notches lately. Work, despite being great, drains all my creative energy. So, that's my excuse.

Welp, GM post delayed due to lack of player posts. If a few more posts come in I'll continue, but this level of activity can't really keep things going even if I go ahead and massively railroad things.

@Holmishire I read your post and I'm confused. Who is this female orc in the scene? Could you clarify what you meant here;

but chose to ignore their orcish companion completely. In fact, those keen of eye might notice the porcelain knight tense up at the very sight of her.

@Holmishire I read your post and I'm confused. Who is this female orc in the scene? Could you clarify what you meant here;
Oops, memory loss. I was indeed referring to Loima. For the purpose of racism, his orcish half is all he cares about.

This is why I make spreadsheets.

Oops, memory loss. I was indeed referring to Loima. For the purpose of racism, his orcish half is all he cares about.

This is why I make spreadsheets.

Gotcha. I thought that might be the case but I figured I'd confirm it.

EDIT: Post up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.