A day in the life of a high schooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naoki frowned down at her schedule, staring at it as if the paper had suddenly grown three heads. She turned it this way and that, in a fashion that suggested she thought she could change what was written on the surface simply by spinning the paper in several complicated circles.

She stopped and stared at it again. It hadn't changed at all.

Guh. Math, first thing. It just had to be math.

The tall girl groaned inwardly and resisted the urge to facepalm. Instead, she sighed quietly and hefted the guitar case further up on her shoulder; the other hand adjusted the messenger bag that held her school supplies. A new year, a new school, and she didn't want to be a transfer. She wanted to go back to her own school, where at least she had one friend. Being shy wasn't exactly a walk in the park, and she had to constantly remind herself to open her mouth and speak to others. It definitely helped that she preferred to dress as a male, and no one ever seemed to see through her facade. Naoki was incredibly androgynous, leaning more towards masculinity than femininity, and her towering height certainly complemented her decision to portray herself as a boy.

Even the magazines that had done interviews with her and her band mates recently had not questioned her references to herself as a "he."

Well... better late than never? I guess...

Glancing up at the clock on the way into the school building, she was astonished to see that it was already lunch time, and her jaw practically hit the ground. Dark eyes widened to the size of dinner plates in her paling face, and mentally, she kicked herself. How on Earth had she managed to oversleep that long?

In retrospect, the bassist reflected, I really shouldn't be that surprised. Takumi didn't call me, so I just kind of... woke up on my own. She shuffled into the hallway, cast a quick look at her schedule, and managed to locate her classroom without too much difficulty. Nerving herself up, breathing deeply, she reached out with one hand and slid the door open. Immediately, she was confronted with a room full of people who were preparing to eat lunch.

Naoki stood in the doorway, guitar case over one shoulder, and stared in at the people who may or may not have looked up at the sound of the opening door. She had no idea what to say, no idea what to do; she felt like a deer caught in headlights. Luckily, her quiet charm came to her rescue, and she lifted a hand, waggling her fingers casually in a shy wave.

"Uh... hi," she said. Her voice was low, especially for a girl, giving further credence to the masculine appearance. She was dressed in the boy's version of a uniform for a popular, prestigious school in the wealthier district of Tokyo, and feeling a little ill at ease, she ran a hand through her hair, eyes darting away from the classroom. Fortunately, unlike her last school, it didn't seem that there were too many girls; maybe she wouldn't have problems here like she had had before.

((IMAGE OF NAOKI:

600260_442914262438413_753451005_n.jpg
419529_416799758383197_1928144695_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He heard the greeting before he saw the person it belonged to, and his gasp was audible to his friends next to him.

"What is man? You act like you have seen a ghost!" his friend Chaz laughed at him, mockingly of course.
Reiner shrugged it off, and focused on the person who walked in the room. For a guy, he was highly attractive, and he seemed nervous. Probably, I mean, it was lunch time!

"It must be someone new, for they seem a little confused" he said.
Reiner looked away and focused on the drawing he was doing. He obviously stood out in a crowd, long dark hair, slightly covering his eyes, a single lip piercing, thick eyeliner around the eye that was visible, which made his blue eye stand out. He had a bracelet on his arm that had the name of a band that was hard for many to see. He took a bite of his apple and ignored everyone for a bit.

Mark heard the bell rang, he sat up and threw his empty milk carton away. He stretched his arms and addressed everyone.
"Well I'm glad we could all eat lunch together. Man I was worried I'd be alone on the first day. Thank you Blake, Rikaru, and Zu..." He paused, and said his next lines hesitantly.
"Would you guys like to possibly hang out after school. I mean if you're all not busy..."

With the ring of the bell Blake stood up. "Sure, we can hang out after school but right now I better get back to class. We can meet up later." She said and waved at the others, she didn't want to be late. That would bring unnecessary attention and she would have trouble keeping her gender hidden if she got nervous. She headed back to her class, seeing someone new who had just arrived and said hi. "Hey." Blake said to the new student and headed for her seat. She sat down and waited for the class to begin in a little.

Zu smiled, "Of course!"

Yes! She was able to make some friends~ Hanging out after school on the first day? Good sign.

After the bell rang and as Blake made his exit, Zu waved a bit, "Bye-bye," before taking her own seat for the next class. It'd be great if we were all in the same class. Oh, well! I'm sure I'll meet some even more interesting people~

Status
Not open for further replies.