A day in the life of a high schooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake chuckled as he listened to Mark. It would be hard for a foreigner to pronounce the Japanese names, funny thing was the name Blake wasn't Japanese. She didn't really understand that but left it at that, at least she was born with a name that was reversible so she didn't have to change her name. "Of course, we came here to see if you wanted to eat lunch together." Blake responded with his usual smile. The other girl seemed friendly as well, her little outburst Blake thought was interesting as well. Shrink? Mark was pretty tall. This made Blake think of that fact that she was short, it didn't help. "Why would me mind, you can join us." Blake shook the thoughts out of her head and replied to Anzu. "Though I already have my lunch with me. We can go with you if you want?" She said to Mark.

Mark heard Anzura's voice but couldn't clearly understand what she said. Then Blake offered for the group to come along.
"No, no.." He waved his hands "If anyone else needed to buy lunch they could come but I wouldn't want to drag you all with me. Tell me where you guys will be and I'll come find you guys." Then Mark turned to Anzura.
"Sorry Zu, I couldn't really hear what you said, would you mind repeating?" He asked, bending over to get his face closer to hers so he could make sure to hear this time.

Anzu rocked back on her heels at Blake's reply. Pretty and nice, she decided.

With Blakes question and Marks answer, she was reminded the she should probably take her bento out of her schoolbag, and was about to go and grab it when Mark's face suddenly appeared a lot closer than it had been a few seconds ago. When he asked her to repeat what she'd said, she stood there confused for a moment. "Um..." And as realization hit her that she'd spoken her thoughts, her face flushed red. Also, it didn't take her long to connect that she'd told him to shrink, and now he was bending down, asking her to repeat it again. Was he making fun of her? She put one hand on her hip and brought the other up to flick him on the forehead, calling him an idiot, both embarrassed and annoyed by him.

Turning on her heels, she hurried over to her bag and took out her bento. She made her way back over to the group, specifically towards Rikaru, offering the other girl a smile despite her annoyance. "Rikaru~ Did you bring a lunch, too? If not, I can share mine."

Mark, for once, was actually paying attention as Anzura for no reason flicked Mark's forehead with force and called him an idiot. He immediately stood straight back up, his forehead throbbing slightly.
"What the heck did I do?!" Mark raised his voice. Jeez she's stronger then I thought. Anzura reached over to Rikaru talking about the bento. Naturally, Mark was a little jealous of her lunch.
"Well.." He draped his arm around Blake, "Fine, Blake is coming with me then. Buds got to stick together! Let's go Blake." He said with a bit of a pout.

Blake had figured it was all because Anzu was embarrassed about what she said, though Mark wouldn't know that. Next thing Blake knew it seemed she was going with Mark to get his lunch after all. The arm almost made Blake blush but she knew she had to hold it in. It would be too hard to explain that to everyone. "Uh, alright. We'll be back." Blake said to the two girls and went off with Mark. They left the room and headed to buy his food.

Taking a step back from the conversation, Rikaru had simply been listening, watching as the group interacted. It was amusing sometimes to observe and stay quiet, like studying animals in the wild. A smile had crawled onto the girl's face as soon she heard a voice near her. Peeking up to see Anzu smiling in her direction, holding a bento box. Blinking a few times, Rikaru cleared her throat and straightened her posture, giving a small nod. "I did bring a lunch from home with me, yes." Gesturing to her panda back pack as she watched the two other members of their group split to find Mark some food, she just smiled back to Anzu and continued on. "Ah, where would we like to sit, then?"

Anzu didn't glance back at the two boys as they walked off, instead taking Rikaru's hand, "We should sit by a window! Unless you think they'd let us eat outside... Ah! But then the Blake wouldn't be able to find us if we went outside." She sighed, a little disappointed, "It's really pretty today..." She ended up leading Rikaru to a place that had a clear view of the outside world, good mood returned.
Setting her bento down in front of her, Anzu asked, "Is this good with you, Rikaru?"

Mark got some bread and a chocolate milk. While handing off his money to pay.
"You know Blake... I just don't know what to think of girls. I mean I usually see them like guys too but then one minute everyone is happy and next thing I know suddenly one of them becomes illogically pissed. What am I suppose to do about that?... Guess that's one thing that hasn't changed." He chuckled.
"We guys need to stick together if we're to survive..." He laughed a bit loud. "So do you got a girl you like yet?" He nudged Blake with his elbow.

"Well it's a long story, girls just don't want to be embarrassed in front of guys. She probably got upset because she was embarrassed." Blake said to him. So, of course she knew it was going to be hard but talking about girls, when she is one although unknown, to a guy was strange. "I would say just forget about what happened." Blake was shocked when he heard Mark asked if there was a girl she liked yet. "Uh, no." Blake said a little uneasily. It wasn't that she liked anyone, it was just strange for her to hear that. Once Mark finished getting his food, Blake began to head back to the classroom.

Mark Pondered Blake's words. Following Blake back to the class room.
"So you're saying that I some how embarrassed her? Well my bad I suppose." Mark could feel the uneasiness of Blake's reply.
"Hey Buddy, Don't worry about it. I've never liked liked anyone either. So there, we're in the same boat, so relax a bit." He grinned. then his face went sad,
"I wonder if Zu is still mad at me." Mark took a drink of his chocolate milk.

"I'm sure it will be fine between you too." Blake said, staying away from the conversation of liking someone. "You only just meant so I would see this as a good sign. She feels confident enough that you can be friends, she probably wouldn't do that if she didn't" Blake headed down the hall ways, making their way to the door of the classroom. It was open so she could see the others by the windows. "Come on." Blake smiled at Mark, hoping he would cheer up. It wasn't good to be upset on the first day. She went over to the others. "We're back." She went into her bag and pulled out her own lunch.

Talking to Blake made Mark feel better, he took a deep breath and enter the class room.
Blake said, "we're back." and Mark followed with "Tadahhh!" Setting his bread and milk down, he put his hands up and shook them, "Jazz hands." He added jokingly smooth.

At the sound of Blake's voice, Anzu glanced over with a smile that stalled slightly at Mark's entrance, but only for a moment. As soon as he said "Jazz hands," she couldn't help but grin. On further inspection of the guy she couldn't stay mad at, even if he had been making fun of her, she let out a laugh, motioning for him to sit down as if to say 'hurry up already'.

Mark heared Anzura's laughter and instantly picked up his mood. He rushed over to Rikaru and Anzura. Mark took three bites and his bread was already gone. Maybe next time I'll buy food at a convenience store, he thought, the cafeteria dries up fast. He began to sip on his chocolate milk in hopes it would last longer.

Jazz.. hands?..
Large dark brown eyes just stared as members of the group began to wiggle their palms and digits around in a flashy manner. Her head tilted to the side as she watched, taking note of this behavior. It was odd.. but, their smiles had her reflecting the expression as well. Shaking her head with a smirking curl to her lips, Rikaru had opened up her Sailor Moon lunchbox as they were all conversing, now peering in to figure out the order in which she would eat the contents.

"Hmmm..." This was one of her favorite decisions to make in the day - dessert first or last. Finally, her fingers grasped on to the small flower-shaped cookie, making her choice. She slowly began to nibble on the treat, savoring each tone of vanilla flavor as her eyes followed those who were speaking.

Blake sat down with the others. She set her lunch on the table and opened the box. She had forgotten that one of her family's maids had made the lunch today, it looked just like one a rich girl would get. Blake sighed from the shock. "Great. Uh, she does this all the time to me." She said, trying to explain the lunch. Blake took her chop sticks and began to eat it, hoping that is she ate it fast enough they wouldn't really talk about it. "Next time I'm making my own lunch." Blake whispered to herself. She could picture the maid just smiling. They knew the truth but they were so used to seeing Blake as a girl while home that they tend to forget about her having to be boy at other times.

With a bit of a smirk, Anzu leaned towards Mark, lightly tapping him on the forehead where she'd flicked him before. "It turned red~" she commented innocently, then heard Blake's comment glancing over at him.

"Huh? Who always does what...?" Anzu looked at Blake's lunch with a pause before, suddenly pointing at Blake's lunch exclaiming, "Ah!" She looked back down at her own, "...Blake's is prepared better than mine." She was a bit amazed, really. She didn't think anyone could prepare a bento better than her older brother, especially one that looked like it had been prepared for a high school girl. She looked back up at Blake with a fake pout, "I'm jealous," before smiling and adding, "It looks like whoever made it really cares, so you should say thank you!"

She took up her own chopsticks and enjoyed the lunch her brother had made for her. Anzu was a horrible cook, so he'd always prepared the lunches.

Blake smiled, still a little embarrassed. "I know what you mean but it's kind of embarrassing for me. It's kind of girly don't you think." She tried to keep up the guy act. Though she was right. Most of the people working for Blake's family cared a great bit for her. They were usually the ones to take care of her, considering her parents were always too busy with work. They also tended to be strict on Blake, this meant that the love she received was always from others. She finished up her food quickly, though not fast enough to make it seem like she was a slob. "Mark, I can get an extra one made if you don't want to keep buying." She then said to him, noticing that he ate the food he had bought in only a few minutes. She smiled at all three of them.

With a bit of a smirk, Anzura leaned towards Mark, lightly tapping him on the forehead where she'd flicked him before. "It turned red~" she commented innocently smiling, then heard Blake's comment glancing over at him. Anzura couldn't get enough at staring at Blake's girly lunch. But Mark started rubbing his head, I hope the mark goes away soon he thought.

They all continued to eat and Mark's straw to is chocolate milk started making 'dying' sounds. Blake asked Mark if he'd like him to get an extra one made for him. At the end of the sentence Make had full lock on sight at Blake's face.
"Are those Angels singing that I hear?" He began to fake cry, "It's so beautiful, could you really do that just for me? I won't ever complain, even if it has heart shaped rice balls I would eat it willingly and boldly to the class! I, Mark, am not afraid of scrutiny when it comes to food!" He grabbed Blake's hand shaking it vigorously, "Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!" He made the widest smile he possibly could make.

Blake laughed at Mark's reaction. "Of course I can." She replied, putting her empty box away into her bag. "Thought I don't know what it will look like but knowing her she probably would put heart shapes in it."

Status
Not open for further replies.