A day in the life of a high schooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul made his way to the Nurse. He knocked on the door but there was no answer so he walked away to go find his bag. After half an hour of searching he sighed and sat down on the floor outside a door. He turned his head to look around once more. This time he spotted his bag, it was hanging over a classroom door. He stood up and walked up to the door and peered in through the window. It looked like a maths class. he jumped a few times, his arm outstretched as he tried to grab his bag. After a few minutes he managed to grasp his bag and pull it off the perch it was resting on. He grinned and used one of the tissues that was given to him earlier to wipe the blood away from his mouth again. A bruise was starting to grow around his right eye. The first lesson would be over soon, so Soul sat down outside the class and leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes.

Aria looked at the group of people silently as one of them turned around, noticing her. The person looked feminine despite dressing like a male and Aria contemplated as to what she should adress the person when she was asked a question. The person who noticed her asked if they were in her way and she nodded in response.

Turning her head slightly when she heard a guy say that her hair was pretty, she just looked at him with a blank face as he stared at her until he cleared his voice and looked away awkwardly. No one has ever said that to her before and to think that it would come from someone who was foriegn, but then again, he was new to the school. Aria didn't bother to talk to them. She wasn't interested in socializing or staying in school and because of her always skipping class, she wouldn't meet them that often anyway. Tired... She thought to herself, spacing out a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake laughed at Mark's reaction to the girl. It seemed though that the girl wasn't one for talking. "Right, in your way." Blake repeated. She took a few steps to the side and motioned the others to do so. "Though you'd be going to the roof if you go this way. You must be skipping class huh." Although it didn't really seem like a good idea to Blake to skip on the first day if she wanted to than that was her choice. After saying the words of class Blake remember the time. "If we don't want to be late we really should get going anyway."

Aria's mind came back when the person spoke and moved out of her way. Ignoring the comment of her skipping class, she nodded her head as thanks and walked past them to get to the roof. On her way up, she turned the handle to open the door and sighed. They locked the roof... Aria thought, exhausted from walking up the stairs. Now she had to go back down and find a place to skip class. Walking back down, she noticed the nurse wasn't in her office and decided to go in, but as she passed by, there was a boy sitting outside a classroom near the nurses office. Not caring, she walked into the nurse's office and found an empty bed near the window and sat down, watching the students outside that had physical education.

"Aria, your skipping class again..." The nurse said, walking in when she saw Aria sitting on the bed. Aria turned around to face her and shrugged her shoulders. "I know you your physical strength isn't good after what happened at your previous school and that your academic skills are above average, but you shouldn't skip class. It counts as participation points too" she slightly scolded Aria. Aria nodded her head silently and the nurse gave up, knowing that whatever she said, wouldn't change Aria's mind to attend class. "Well, I need to go make some copies of some new students health record. Your free to stay here however long you want, but I think that it would be better if you went to class" she said, as she left the room, giving Aria a small smile.

I know... Aria thought to herself with a distant look in her eyes, remembering what had happened. Everything from 3 years ago replayed in her mind and she shook her head violently to forget the memory.

Rikaru blinked out of her little trance as the warning belle began to ring, allowing the students to know that there were five more minute before classes would begin. Each obnoxious ding rung out along the hallway, echoing in her ears as the girl slid her hands underneath her long dark locks.
"Alright. I'm just gonna go now. It was nice to meet you, Mark! And Blake! And strange girl who left!"
She wore a bright smile as she nodded to them, already muffling everything around her with her palms along her ears. And with that she turned and rushed away with the light thuds of her mary janes hitting the floor, turning down a different hallway while her eyes scanned room numbers along the way.
"A-ha!"
Rikaru chirped with glee as her hands moved over to clutch her panda bag straps, looking herself over to make sure she looked presentable before taking her first step into the new classroom. Peering around the desks, she did not notice anyone she knew from last year. However, that was often the case, as it was kind of hard for her to make friends as your classical "nerd". Moving a piece of hair from her face with a huff, she quickly took a seat in the front row, the closest one to the windows in the room. It was always her preferred place to sit, near the windows, so that if she finished her assignments earlier than everyone else she could at least admire the outside world. So far, so good.

Blake waved to Rikaru as she left. "Bye then." She said then looked back at Mark. "Well, I better get going too." She gave a smile and a wave and started off into the direction her class was. "See you later." She made her way down the hall, finally coming to a stop once she found the classroom that was hers. She stepped inside, seeing knew faces. She went to an open desk and sat down in the chair. Blake set her bag down and took out a notebook to copy anything important down. It would be only a few more minutes until the class was going to start.

The girl with the pretty hair just walked by them after Blake motioned us to get out of the way. The bell began to ring and Rikaru muffled her ears and smiled saying her good-byes to everyone.
"NICE MEETING YOU RI_RI_RIKARU!!!" Blake shouted towards her. After all she had her ears plugged. The Blake turned around and told Mark
"
'See you later.'" His words made Mark's face beem. His smile grinning from ear to ear.
"Sure thing!!"

Mark turned around and remembered down the hall and to the right. When he finally made it to his class room it was already pretty filled. The teacher was setting up his notes for homeroom. Mark walked up to the man and quickly forced the teacher to shake his hand,
"It's very nice to meet you, I'm glad I'll be in this room with you every morning!" He smiled. The teacher roughly pulled his hand back,
"You must be Mark Kruger..." the teacher began wiping his hand "Good morning class, this here is Mr. Kruger Mark. He is a foreign exchange student from the U.S. please help him while he's here in our country..." He turned to Mark. "Introduce yourself." Mark nodded, he didn't know much but he knew one thing you do when you introduce yourself in this country, and that was to bow. Mark once again made a big cheesy grin.

"Hello Japan! My name is Mark Kruger, you can call me Mark. I like Soccer, or any sport as a matter of fact and I hate homework! Nice to meet you all, please take care of me!" Now for the bow Mark thought. First Mark leaned back for a more 'Dramatic' effect. Mark quickly bent down to his ankles making a "wooshing" sound on the way down. The class began to giggle at Marks obviously ridiculous greeting. Mark just chuckled back, not really understand what was going on. He headed to the couple empty seats at the very back of the class.
"Great, the seat closest to the back door!" He plopped down in his seat, waiting for something 'interesting' to happen.

After a few minutes the teacher began the class. Blake tried to pay attention but sometimes the first day back at school is one of the hardest to pay attention during. He was writing all these formulas on the board and all Blake was doing was copying them down. She figured she would look at them later. The time flew by pretty fast though, the next thing Blake knew class was over and it was lunch time. She wondered how the people she just meant were doing, and if they wanted to eat lunch together. She tried to recall which classes they were in and got up out of her chair to go check on them. She walked out of the classroom and headed for the closest one first, Rikaru.

Anzu was really not in the mood to come to class today. She'd found out real fast that not a lot of guys seemed to be too thrilled about girls attending their school, especially those involved in sports. She hadn't realized how sore a loser that guys could be. Before they realized she was a girl, they'd thought she was awesome, but as soon as she changed from her sweats into her uniform, their attitudes did a complete 180 turn. The glares and insults she got from them really surprised her, and they didn't make her feel too good either. Why couldn't she have attended a normal school that had always been co-ed? Really, it just made her angry, but she didn't think that giving them a beating or giving them an earful would help, so she just ignored it and held the anger in until it sizzled out, leaving her not feeling much of anything accept bored and annoyed.

She prepared herself for an unpleasant day, and sitting in the middle of a boring classroom with a majority of guys didn't help to improve her mood. All of her daydreams about how amazing the first day of school would be just went poof. She imagined it as being a pleasant day, her smiling, making lots of new friends, meeting interesting people, chatting, messing around, maybe meeting a cute guy, and NOT having an urge towards verbal or physical violence.

She was brought out of her negative thoughts with a bit of a shock. Anzu watched, dumbfounded as some foreign boy gave a loud introduction of himself. She felt her face going red as she found herself embarrassed for the guy, Mark Kruger, though he just gave a stupid chuckle as the class made fun at him. She face-palmed. Is this guy for real? With a sigh, she watched him go to the back of the classroom and sit down, giving another unneeded exclamation. Well, a grin made it to her face, at least he doesn't seem to be a boring one~

After that, class seemed less boring, and went by pretty fast, actually. When lunch time came, she was in a pretty good mood. Much better than she had been.
She stood up out of her seat and went over to the foreign guy with what could be a cross between a friendly smile. "Hi! You're Mark, right?" She asked, clasping both hands behind her back, "Nice to meet you. I'm Anzura, but you can call me Anzu, or Zu, or... Well, anything's fine, really~" She paused, thinking for a moment before asking, "Did you bring your lunch, or are you buying?" Yeah, she was definitely in a better mood than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting straight up and tall in her seat, Rikaru stared at the black board as the professor continued to write out definitions and facts regarding their history text. A sigh escapes the girl's lips as her gaze began to waver, directing to the side in order to take a gander out the window. The sky was so blue today and oh, so lovely. Hiding a small smile behind the hair that fell along her face, she leaned her head against her hand, arm resting against the top of her desk. While the birds flapped their wings outside, travelling from treetop to treetop, her thoughts wandered off into how it must be to fly around all day. It.. looked fabulous to be so free, and without a care in the world, without any stress. And that was it, Rikaru became distracted just like that.

Blake walked into Rikaru's classroom noticing her by the windows, looking out. She made her way towards her. "Hey, Rikaru. I thought we could have some lunch together. Maybe with the others we meant earlier too." Blake said once she was right by her desk. "It's the best way to make friends, you just have to go for it." She made another smile and laughed.

(ooc: Hey Rikura, sorry to say this but I used that picture for my character.
EDIT: Okay, that's better. Thank you. :)
and here's the o0c everyone: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-high-schooler-ooc.42673/ )

Last edited:
As Aria sat in the nurse's office, she read a book until she heard the lunch bell ring. Putting her book in her bag, she looked through it and realized that her lunch was left in the classroom. Letting out a sigh, she walked out into the crowded hallways as students were buying lunch and walked past them to get to her classroom. As she was walking, someone bumped into her and looked around as if they didn't see her. Continuing on her way, she kept on her expressionless face and entered the classroom to see the people she met in the hallway. The people in her class didn't greet her or ask where she went, they just treated her like air, as if she didn't exist at all. unsurprisingly, there were some people in her class who didn't even know her, asked who she was. Ignoring their whispers and glances she went to her desk and grabbed her lunchbox.

Blinking her eyes a few times, Rikaru snapped out of her daze and looked up to her new acquaintance. "Oh!" She smiled, pushing up the glasses along her nose while her throat was cleared. "Yes, yes, that would be a good idea." Nodding in approval of the plan she began to collect her things, zippering her panda bag and swinging it over her shoulders with both straps laying comfortably against her shoulders. Clutching onto them, she began to walk with Blake out of the classroom and into the hallway. "Uhm, do you know where they might be, so we can meet up with them?" Her head tilted to the side as her gaze fell over on the dark-haired boy walking along with her.

"Well, I remember the classroom Mark was suppose to go to." Blake answered her. She noticed the long dark haired girl from earlier. She thought about saying something to her, perhaps if she wanted to join them but Blake remembered that she didn't seem to want to talk to them. With that thought instead Blake just waved to the girl as they left the classroom. "We should head this way to get him." Blake pointed in a direction, then started to head that way.

They made their way to the classroom. Blake walked inside noticing someone else talking to Mark. Blake made another smile and went over to them. "Hey." Blake said to Mark as well as the girl introducing herself to him. Blake hoped that Rikaru wouldn't be too shy considering someone else new was there too.

Anzu blinked as she heard another voice say "Hey" and her head snapped over to see a boy who she thought looked kind of pretty, and a cute girl behind him. "Oh, um, hi." She grinned a bit, "I'm Anzura... Call me Anzu or Zu if you'd like..." Okay, now things were starting to look more like her idea of a great first day. First she meets an interesting foreigner, and now a cute girl and a pretty boy. Hopefully they were all better than the guys she'd met earlier.

Popping her head out from behind Blake, the dark-haired girl peeked over his shoulder, squinting through the lenses of her glasses. Her deep gray eyes followed the neatly cut locks that hung around this new girl's face, trying to figure out how she styled it so nicely. "Oh!" A bright pink tone took to her pale cheeks as she stepped out to stand beside Blake instead of behind him like a timid mouse. "Hello Anzu. My name is Rikaru," she bowed her head slightly, glancing to the side with a smile curling her lips at the ends. "And this is Blake." She gestured to him as she introduced them both, just as he had done for her earlier. It was only polite. As her arms fell back down to her sides, Rikaru looked up and over at Mark, exchanging a silent greeting through a smile in his direction as well. Underneath all of the chatter, she could feel her stomach rumbling quietly, like that of a cat purring. Her tummy could be quite fickle at this time of the day.

Aria grabbed her lunchbox and saw the person who spoke to her in the hallway wave at her. Aria was unsure of waving back, but by the time she decided, it was too late. Strange, she thought. Was I really in the same school with her all this time? Aria thought. She always skipped class, so she rarely cared to remember her classmates. Shrugging at the thought, she left the classroom to check if the roof was unlocked. Catching her breath from finally walking up the stairs... Again, she turned the handle to open the door and she was welcomed by a cool breeze and the sun shining above her. Bringing her hand up to shade her eyes, she looked up at the sky and ran her hand through her long black hair, smiling ever so slightly. Finding a place to sit down, she put her stuff down and ate her lunch in peace as she watched the students below, run around.

Mark was being a space cadet. Listening to his homeroom teacher just put him to sleep. He began to reminisce his friends in the states. A girl walked up to him introducing herself. Anzura, her name was easy to think but hard to speak. Unintentionally Mark once again absorbed in his thoughts about her. The way she stood there was different from other two girls he has met so far. It was kind of cute the way she swings about, her hands together. She was even nice enough to offer easier ways to call her out. Thought Mark. He decided he was going to call her Zu. As he took a breath to reply Blake's voice startled him with a 'Hey'. Mark turned to see Blake and Rikaru together. Anzura was quick and introduced herself to them. Surprisingly Rikaru's voice replied to her.

Huh, thought Mark, she doesn't seem to have a problem talking with Anzura, but maybe that's because I'm a guy and she's a girl. Nah, Mark my man you're thinking to much. Mark "Sighed" audibly. But then he noticed that Rikaru was looking back at him, his face was only a bit pink. It wasn't everyday someone looked him in the eyes like that.
"Hey Blake, hey Ri-Ri-" Mark slightly flustered again at his lack of ability to pronounce Rikaru's name. His faces combined a now brighter pink. "Rikaru!" He smiled in triumph. He then turned to Anzura.
"Nice to meet'cha Zu, I'm glad you decided to say 'Hi' to me. Knowing a classmate is going to make this even better." He grinned a little bit bigger standing up.
"I want to eat lunch with everyone... I mean if you all want to have lunch together. But I got to go buy my lunch cause I'm a lousy cook." His face in a moment of terror remembering this mornings mishap.

He looked down at the three of them. Since he's 190.5 cm (6'3") he expected himself to tower over Anzura and Rikaru, but Blake was a bit of a shorty himself. Maybe he's a late bloomer, I'll have to ask him his height later. He thought.

Anzu couldn't help a small laugh at the way Mark stumbled over Rikaru's name and how proud he looked after finally pronouncing it. Yeah. This guy totally wasn't going to be another boring existence. It was kind of cute, actually... For a guy, that is. She stopped laughing with a friendly grin, as she heard "Zu", agreeing with his statement. As she was about to reply, he stood up and she forgot what she was going to say. She didn't even stutter a laugh at the comment he made about being a lousy cook, or the silly expression he gave. All she could think about was what made her words "You need to shrink..." slip out. She could tell he was tall when he walked into the classroom, but she didn't know he was... THIS tall. Being 5'4", the guy was like a foot taller than her!

Not really realizing she'd said her thought about him needing to shrink out loud, she kind of just looked up at him for a moment before looking back over at the three of them collectively, her smile returning as she seeming to come back to reality. "I guess ya won't mind if I join you, neh?" It was better to ask, after all, she didn't want to impose because they all seemed to have already met.

Status
Not open for further replies.