A Dance in the Pale Moonlight (innocent devil x Dyn01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her honored guest, she said. Elliott scratched the back of his head, trying to think of something that the pair could do together. He had the whole night, well- Maybe not the whole night. He would have to go to sleep in preparation for the important day tomorrow. That and also, he could remember what his mother had told him earlier: about how obsessed he could be with video games. He did not want to come off as being too selfish, so he decided to choose something else. "So..." he began, feeling a little bit more awkward than he thought he would, "... what kind of movies do you have?"

She thought about it for a moment before responding. "I think they are old movies or action movies. As I recall most of them belong to my father. The rest are probably senseless or melodramatic women's movies for my mother. I spend most of my time reading so I don't really have any of my own, but I'm sure my father won't mind if we use his stuff." Lisanna didn't think her father would mind if they were to browse through his stuff. He did insist for them to get along and have fun after all. "You would prefer action movies over melodramas wouldn't you? Unless you like that kind of stuff." She said in a joking manner.

Action or melodrama? There certainly was not that many choices in the first place, and he had enough of melodrama from his own life and his mother's soaps. Reflexively, his face scrunched at the thought of him liking melodrama over action. No, even the thought of watching one seemed to be something that made chills go up his spine in a way he did not want it to. "I'll take action and never look back," he resolved, giving Lisanna a nod. "Of course, please don't let me stop you from watching whatever you would like to watch."

"If you would like to watch it then so do I. I don't mind at all." She flashed a gently smile and exited the kitchen allowing the maids to rush in. She took his arm and carefully dragged him upstairs to where her father's study was. All the movies he would want to watch would be kept there so the logical choice would to go there first. "Pick any one you like." Lisanna pointed towards the bookcase filled with DVDs gesturing Elliott to go see.

Elliott walked- well, was more led- to Lisanna's father's study. He would have mentioned that he could walk on his own, but he appreciated her efforts to make sure that he had no problems. So he kept his mouth shut. Upon noticing the bookcase of DVDs, Elliott walked over and began to look them over. "Wow, you actually have the physical copies," he marveled. He was the kind of person who watched something in movie theaters and then never got the DVDs or Blu-ray when it came out. Coming across something that he found interest in, he took it out of the bookshelf and began to look it over. It was a movie that he had not seen yet. Not looking away from the DVD case, he asked Lisanna, "So have you watched all of these?"

"I've seen maybe two of them actually... Watching movies with the family is kind of awkward with them as parents if you know what I mean." She sighed remembering the last time they tried to watch a movie as a family and her parents got a little crazy. Every time they try to do something as a family they stress her out with their constant shenanigans. Lisanna moved across the room to lean on her father's desk as she watched him choose a movie for them.

Elliott's mouth innately curved into a wistful smile. His own parents were rather eccentric. He loved them- even though he could never say that to their faces- but they were not the kind of people that he could stick around for a long period of time. "And yet you're willing to watch a movie with a guy you just met," he joked, his wistful smile now curving into a sly one. Luckily, she could not see his facial expression as he was still looking at the DVDs. He eventually found one that he liked and examined it before looking over to Lisanna. "Well, you certainly look comfortable," he commented before showing the DVD to her. "Found one that looked good."

Lisanna smiled while staring at the ceiling. "I'm sure I can trust you. If you were to do something to me you would've already done so. " She got up from leaning on the desk and looked at the DVD. "Hmmm never saw that one. We can watch it if you'd like." Lisanna really had no idea what the movie was about but it had a somewhat interesting cover. It was good enough for her if that was what he wanted.

"I was not even assuming that I was planning on doing anything to you," Elliott was quick to dismiss any idea that he would even try anything of that sort. His next question was about to be why in particular would he want to try to attack her before that point, but he swallowed the question. With her approval, he passed the DVD to her. "I'll just let you set it up."

Status
Not open for further replies.