A Dance in the Pale Moonlight (innocent devil x Dyn01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of whatever else Lisanna had not gather, Elliott had managed to gather before placing them near where Lisanna had grouped them. Once he had done that, Elliott rolled up his sleeves and began washing and lathering his hands with soap. Turning off the water, he shook his wet hands a couple of times in the sink, before turning to dry them on a nearby cloth. "So, what should I do to start?" he asked, knowing that Lisanna would most likely give him an easy job for him to do.

"Let's see... Cut the chicken into tiny bits. Not too small but small enough for you to eat in one bite. Just take a piece of chicken, cut it up into pieces and put it in this bowl. Then move on to the next piece." Lisanna placed a bowl near the cutting board with a knife and the bag of chicken. "That shouldn't be too hard. Don't cut yourself okay~ I will heat up the tortillas." She took the two slices of the tortillas and placed them on a rack above the stove so they can be heated and stay at room temperature.

Somehow, Elliott could not help but feel slightly less confident when she assured him that it was 'easy' and that he should look to not cut himself. "It's almost as if you're jinxing me," he cast a small glance over to her before taking the knife in his hand. It should be easy for him! After all, even he has had some experience with knives! He began cutting the chicken into pieces, some of them were uneven, but Elliott seemed satisfied with himself when he was done with it. After finishing, he used the knife to push the chicken on the cutting board into the bowl. "Done," he announced to her.

Lisanna walked over to where he was and looked at the chicken. "See~? You did fine. Don't sell yourself short." She smiled and took the bowl over to the stove to begin cooking it. First she turned on the stove, medium heat, and poured the vegetable oil into the pan so it can start to heat up. Then she took a piece of the chicken bits and plopped it into the pan to be cooked. There was enough room to cook most of them at one time so she filled the pan as much as possible before leaving it to simmer. "That should take a while so I guess we can start the cake." Lisanna went to wash her hands before touching anything else and infecting it with chicken grease. She picked up a mixing bowl and the cake batter after drying off her hands and placed them on the cleaner end of the counter. "I think you can mix the batter. I have to watch the chicken but I'll help you with it. Teamwork."

Elliott turned his gaze away from Lisanna and rubbed the back of his head. Under her encouragement, he could feel his usually blank expression curve into a small smile and his blood rush to his cheeks. Once Lisanna began cooking, he watched over her carefully, interested with her cooking. The smell of the cooking chicken stirred within his body, his mouth began to water, and his empty stomach became more aware to him. The steam tickled his face, and the warmth made him slightly low his guard, his mind began to drift. Hearing her speak about the cake, he snapped his attention back to Lisanna. "Okay, no problem." He nodded, before beginning to stir the batter. "So you cook and bake often?" he asked.

"Every now and again. Whenever I have free time or I want to do something for myself. I don't particularly like being waited on. It makes people lazy and fat and I don't want to be either of those." Lisanna went back to the stove and flipped the chicken over to cook the other side. She then went to open the cake batter box and pour it into the bowl. It would be easier for him to continue if he had something to start off.

Elliott put on a rather embarrassed smile as he responded, "Of course. That's a very valid piece of reasoning right there." She was essentially saying these words to a guy who decided that outside of the Waltz and his usual schooling, that he would coop himself into his room and play video games. Gourmet food made and delivered to him in lunch boxes, he did at least dress himself and such, but that did not seem to be quite the accomplishment as making your own food was in comparison. It wasn't until then that he realized that she had just managed to put the cake batter in the bowl- which meant that he was simply moving the spoon in circles without any kind of direction. "Well, air is a little bit more harder to move than I thought..."

He puffed his cheeks and began stirring once again, his ace flushing.

Lisanna laughed hearing his comment and watched him stir the batter. She was happy that he at least made the effort to try. He didn't seem like the kind of guy who would be doing this stuff. She poured some more ingredients into the bowl for him to stir into the batter. "The cake shouldn't take too long to bake and it looks like the batter is almost ready. " Lisanna sniffed the air smelling the sweet aroma of the savory chicken. It would be finished soon but there was still the small amount left in the other bowl. She went over to the stove to flip the chicken again then went to get a plate to put them on. After acquiring the plate she placed the finished chicken onto it then put the rest of the bowl in the pan to be cooked.

As he continued to stir the batter, he could smell the chicken's scent wafting through the air. His mouth watered once again, and he swallowed his saliva as he tried to make an effort to focus on stirring the batter. Considering that he was not too experienced, he simply stared at the batter as he continued to stir it, not sure when he should be done. He could feel his arm begin to get irritated, so he turned to Lisanna. "Hey, I think its completely mixed now," he pointed to the bowl as he informed her, "So what should I put this thing in to put it in the oven?"

"In a cake pan silly." Lisanna looked around for where she put the cake pan. Seeing how her hands were full of chicken grease she didn't want to drip it on the floor so she pointed to where the pan was with her elbow. "On that counter over there. Just pour it inside and pass it over. Try and get as much into the pan as possible otherwise we'd have a flat cake and those don't cook too well." She flipped the chicken over after a while.

Elliott opened his mouth, mouthing out 'oh' as Lisanna explained to him what he should do with the cake batter. After her explanation, he moved over to the nearby counter and tipped the bowl of cake batter over it, watching the batter go into the pan. Once it was done dripping out, he took the spoon that he was using earlier to mix it to scrape the rest of the batter out of the bowl. "'s okay that I just taste a little?" he asked, but barely waited for a response from Lisanna before putting the spoon into his mouth. He carried the pan over to the oven, the spoon still in his mouth, before sliding the cake pan into the oven, and closing the door. "So, how long for it?" he asked as soon as he took the spoon out of his mouth.

"I wanted some too..." Lisanna mumbled under her breath as she watched him take the spoon out of his mouth. "About twenty minutes or so. The chicken is almost done. Then we can eat before we finish the cake." She rubbed her eyes with the back of her wrist before taking the finished chicken out of the pan and moving them to the plate. After all of the chicken was finished she turned off the stove and placed the pan in the sink to be washed later then proceeded to wash her hands. She looked over at the cook book for what to do next and then spun around to face Elliott. "Now we wrap it up in the tortillas with everything else. All this food around me is making me hungrier.."

Elliott could hear her mutter under her breath, and his mouth partially gaped when he realized the mistake that he had just made. However, he did have a fail-safe... Well, kind of. "If you want some, then just lick the bowl. I don't think I got EVERYTHING out of it," he assured her with a small awkward smile. "Either that, or you have to go fishing in my own mouth for it." The last part was meant as a joke, although he could feel goosebumps as he even thought about what would happen if she was to possibly take him up on her offer. He began to wash his own hands, just to make sure that he had no lingering batter on them. "I'm getting pretty hungry too." He heard his own stomach growl before he looked over to Lisanna. "... Can we just eat in here? Its not like there's anyone here..."

"Yay~" Lisanna laughed hearing the last part. "I could now couldn't I. Sounds so tempting but I think I'll get more if I go with the bowl. " She gently pat his cheek and went to make the chicken wrap. "I don't see why not. If you want to then that's fine with me. " She took the tortillas off the rack and placed them on two separate plates. She then started to layer the chicken onto the tortillas, putting just enough so it doesn't overflow. After that she broke up pieces of lettuce and placed them over the chicken as well as putting the dressing on. "Now how am I to wrap it..." She thought about various ways that she could wrap it together without it all falling apart and then had an idea. She wrapped it like a present and did the same to the other. "And now we can eat." She picked up hers and took a bite out of it not wanting to wait any longer. "It's so good. Worth waiting so long."

Elliott could not help but shake his head and crack a smile as Lisanna tapped his cheek. He was not expecting her to actually say yes, but the girl certainly did not make it sound like as if she thought about it. At hearing that she was okay with her eating in her kitchen, Elliott eyed the chicken wraps with a hunger that felt as if it could not be satiated. He picked up the chicken wrap in his hand, and put it into his mouth with an enthused chomp.

The flavors exploded into his mouth, the savory chicken, the fresh vegetables... He had eaten chicken wraps before, but what he had just eaten was the best that he had ever eaten. He wondered about what people mentioned about homemade meals- that they tasted better and were more healthy. Considering that he tended to order out fast food very often (although he had people who could cook for him anyways), it was possible that he was hitting on some kind of clue. Of course, his hunger might just have made it taste better to him. After all, he was starving. Swallowing up the bite that he had taken, he could feel some of the remaining vegetables resting on his lip. As he wiped off the remainder on his lip and slipped it into his mouth, he nodded in agreement with Lisanna's words. "It's really good," he replied.

Lisanna smiled hearing his words. "Glad you like it." She liked it when people enjoyed her cooking. It made hers taste all the better. After halfway finishing her wrap she placed it back on the plate and started to put the pots and pans into the sink to be cleaned. That was something the maids could do. If she were to wash them herself the maids would try and jump in themselves anyway. Better off just letting them do their job. As soon as she finished putting away things she went right back to eating the remainder of her chicken wrap. She leaned against the counter and breathed in relief. "At least that went well." She thought while looking out the nearby window.

After finishing with his chicken wrap, Elliott put his plate into his sink, simply mirroring what Lisanna was doing. Dinner was done, and the cake seemed to not be done yet, so he looked to Lisanna out of guidance. Well, at least he thought it was guidance. She did not look too bad. Would he categorize her as 'cute'? Pump those breaks! He would never jump to those thoughts so- Well, if it was just on appearance alone, then... Maybe? Even Elliott was confused by the result that he came up with. So the girl is 'maybe cute'? He never thought that someone would ever say that they 'maybe' looked cute while staring them in the face.

Why was he even thinking about it in the first place?! He sighed himself, his gaze snapping away from Lisanna. He closed his eyes and crossing his arms as he rested against the counter. "So," he began, soon realizing that he was struggling to think of something to say. "... What else is there to do here?"

"Well first I have to finish the cake otherwise I'd burn my house down. I don't really want a relapse of what happened when my mother left a cake in the oven." She cringed remembering all the commotion and headaches. Lisanna then grabbed a mitt and took the hot cake pan out of the oven. She grabbed a butter knife from the cabinet and an extra plate to put the cake on. She gently but swiftly removed the cake from the pan and onto the plate before putting the icing onto it. "Now that that's done we can do something else. Hmm..." She pondered a response to his question. "We have a ton of games, movies and CD's, we can always go to the little garden outside, and I think that's everything. Well everything I can think of."

He could not help but cringe himself when he heard about her mother leaving a cake in the oven. Maybe it was because he found it as being the equivalent of him leaving a lasagna in the microwave for thirty minute when he was young. His mother had told him that she wanted him to make it as hot as he possibly could… Or something close to that. Honestly, he may have gotten his low opinion of his cooking skills from that.

Elliott watched Lisanna carefully as she prepared the cake, listening to all of the options that they could do with. By his parent's orders, he was to spend the night there until the Waltz… He sighed once again. "We won't get a lot of chances to do this starting from tomorrow. Might as well watch some movies, listen to some music or play some video games." Going outside was never something that he was interested in.

Thinking back to the Waltz she closed her eyes realizing how close it was. She had never signed up for this. In her opinion it was more like a waste of time but her opinion didn't matter. She had to do this regardless. She soon opened her eyes after getting lost in thought then smiled. "I guess you're right. What would you want to do? As my honored guest you should enjoy yourself and I chose the last idea so now it's your turn." With the slim variety of options for him it's not like it was very difficult to choose what to do. Lisanna just didn't want to seem selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.