A Crown of Bones -Accepting-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that mages skilled in Swordsmanship become Guardians. Do they use Anti-Magic or simply have resistance? Do all mages gifted with the sword become Guardians?

Resistance kind of. Magic used on them or in very close proximity to them is sucked through their reversed bridge. Remember me saying magic is drawn across a bridge connecting worlds? Well guardians passively send that magic back. No, not all mage's good with a weapon become guardians although there is tremendous pressure to do so.

While mage's are feared and hated, Guardians are generally looked upon favorably and sought after for their magic resistance. Guardians are favored as personnel bodyguard for many noble houses throughout the kingdoms, for both their skill with a weapon and their aforementioned magic immunities (they are still vulnerable to certain forms of magic. For example, if a geomancer flings a boulder at them they aren't immune to heavy things flying at deadly speeds)

At one time, at to some extent today, there was animosity between mage's and guardians with mage's viewing the latter as 'sell outs'. Though many mage's with that mindset went on to leave the tower as Malfears acolaytes. Although Guardians have a role in the protection of Tower mage's they also function to suppress other mages who practice magic outside of the tower. For that reason relations between mage's and guardians vary wildly.

Back on topic, as a rule of thumb you shouldn't expect your character to be proficient with weaponry unless they have some points allocated to it. For example strength would allow you to overpower enemies, precision would allow you to out finesse enemies, and you could spend unique traits to also improve your characters weapon competence. In other words a pure Mage whi engages a soldier in physical combat will likely die, unless the soldier is stunned or otherwise helpless.

I reckon I'd consider a guardian a sell out if I was living in that world even as a non-mage. They're born with this incredible gift but reject it in order to become someone who actively polices their own kind.

I reckon I'd consider a guardian a sell out if I was living in that world even as a non-mage. They're born with this incredible gift but reject it in order to become someone who actively polices their own kind.
Yes, and the general public most certainly feels that way. However, to nobility having personnel guard that are not only immune to manipulative magic but also weaken spells in their proximity is an invaluable asset. So they are very sought after sell outs.

EDIT: Well, the public may think that way. Depends where you're at.

@Avi

Looks like your CS is almost done. So far it looks good.

Still looking for at least a few more. We can start with four (other than myself)

Name: Matthew

Nationality: Valeal

Class: Guardian

Schools of Magic known: N/A

Appearance:
b065319126d6ab5f272c950aedf34fe41304965339_full.jpg

Biography: Matthew grew up in a hunting family, he learned how to use a crossbow and became quite good at it. As he grew up he always liked the notion of magic but barely grasped how to do it. Thought one day he left home in search of the ivory tower ready to learn. As he aged it was clear to the teachers he was a perfect guardian and after a few attempts at convincing him to change his mind and become a Guardian he finally let in and became one. After the five years of training he was ready to fight the feral mage he needed to defeat, he wasn't one of the lucky Guardians that got an easy target but he wasn't unlucky either. His target had killed a few royal guards with some fancy tricks, but Matthew and the mages where able to defeat him after a long fight that ended when Matthew fired a crossbow bolt right in the feral mage's eye. He once he had his magic took away from him he awaited being assigned a Mage to guard.

Traits: Agility II, Precision, Strength (Pick three traits from the spoiler above. You may upgrade one.)

Unique Abilities:
Hunter's nose: Matthew is surprisingly good at detecting threats from his background of hunting.

Hunter's hands: Matthew is able to make traps out of most things as long as it would work realistically

Achievements:

Equipment: 1 Rapier and a dagger. Crossbow and 20 bolts. 4 meters of rope. Leather armor.

Motivation: To protect who every he guards, if he fails this he might as well kill himself as this is all he lives for now (at the moment).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is incredible. As soon as I noticed the Abhorsen influences I knew I had to either join, or die trying.

I hope you don't mind a few questions before I start drafting my CS. First, can you describe the political structure of Kain? I would expect the noble class to derive their power from success in business, given the nation's reliance on trade, but since there seems to be a lot of diversity in Kain I wasn't sure if there were definite political leaders at all. Also, do the Tribes Beyond the Mountains have delegates in the Western Kingdoms? Do the two halves of Casdora interact at all?

One last question. Where are the characters starting out? Will they all be in more-or-less the same place? I know it's a little premature to ask, but it might influence the end of my character's bio if he/she has to be in a certain position at the present.

This is incredible. As soon as I noticed the Abhorsen influences I knew I had to either join, or die trying.

I hope you don't mind a few questions before I start drafting my CS. First, can you describe the political structure of Kain? I would expect the noble class to derive their power from success in business, given the nation's reliance on trade, but since there seems to be a lot of diversity in Kain I wasn't sure if there were definite political leaders at all. Also, do the Tribes Beyond the Mountains have delegates in the Western Kingdoms? Do the two halves of Casdora interact at all?

One last question. Where are the characters starting out? Will they all be in more-or-less the same place? I know it's a little premature to ask, but it might influence the end of my character's bio if he/she has to be in a certain position at the present.

Kain is still kind of a framework. I would like to model its political structure Simulair to Italy during the late medieval, but as of now it is a WIP. As far as the tribes go, the different kingdoms interact with them differently. Gorgon and Kain are largely indifferent to them, because their interests are more towards seafaring and trade. Ferros has some close ties with the tribes, mostly because out of all the kingdoms Ferros is most Simulair to the tribes in both religion and political structure (strongest rules). Still the people of Ferros are isolationists so while they communicate with the tribes they don't involve themselves too much. Valeal's and by extension Valaria have a very rocky relationship with the tribes because of Valeal's ruthless expansionism.

I suppose the tribes may have a trading presence in Gorgon, but they are unlikely to have much of an influence in Kain.

Also, characters will probably be starting in Valaria and dealing with the civil war and order of the three graces. I want groups of 4 so if we get more, then more starting locations will open

Name: Matthew

Nationality: Valeal

Class: Guardian

Appearance:
b065319126d6ab5f272c950aedf34fe41304965339_full.jpg

Biography: Matthew grew up in a hunting family, he learned how to use a crossbow and became quite good at it. As he grew up he always liked the notion of magic but barely grasped how to do it. Thought one day he left home in search of the ivory tower ready to learn. As he aged it was clear to the teachers he was a perfect guardian and after a few attempts at convincing him to change his mind and become a Guardian he finally let in and became one. After the five years of training he was ready to fight the feral mage he needed to defeat, he wasn't one of the lucky Guardians that got an easy target but he wasn't unlucky either. His target had killed a few royal guards with some fancy tricks, but Matthew and the mages where able to defeat him after a long fight that ended when Matthew fired a crossbow bolt right in the feral mage's eye. He once he had his magic took away from him he awaited being assigned a Mage to guard.

Traits: Agility II, Perception, Strength (Pick three traits from the spoiler above. You may upgrade one.)

Unique Abilities:
Hunter's nose: Matthew is surprisingly good at detecting threats from his background of hunting.

Hunter's hands: Matthew is able to make traps out of most things as long as it would work realistically

Achievements:

Equipment: 1 Rapier and a dagger. Crossbow and 20 bolts. 4 meters of rope. Leather armor.

Motivation: To protect who every he guards, if he fails this he might as well kill himself as this is all he lives for now (at the moment).
Change perception to precision in your general traits and you are good.

Okay, my CS should be finished! Sorry it took so long btw,

[fieldbox="Eret Baraku, red, solid"]
Name:
Eret Baraku

Nationality:
Kain

Class:
Other

Appearance:

warrior_by_serushins.jpg

Biography:

Eret was born into a nomadic tribe of Kaininites. Their sacred law compelled them to continually move their residence every two months. It was said that if the tribe did not keep moving, they would suffer a terrible calamity and ultimately perish in Kain's harsh, unforgiving deserts. It was this law that would lead Eret to eventually become separated from his family. On the day that the tribe was mandated to leave their home once again, Eret had wandered off into the brush and gotten lost. Though his parents spent every last second they could looking for their son, they too left the area by the time the sun had set and the moon was at its highest in the sky. Eret spent two days alone in the wilderness before he was finally able to locate the tribe's former camping ground, but it was already far too late. All that was left of the tribe he once lived with was a tribal mask, bone pale and painted with ancient symbols, and tracks in the dirt.

Being a quick learner, the young nomad took hold of the mask and used what his father had taught him about hunting and tracking to pursue his tribe to their next home. After the first day, he found slumber beneath the comforting shade of a lone willow tree. He awoke to thunderous rain pouring from the heavens, washing away the tracks and with them the only hope of finding his family. Feeling dejected and occupied by his thoughts, Eret did not notice the Ferronian slavers approaching until they were already upon him. The fight that ensued was quick and brutal, Eret was but a young boy and the two slavers were strong and experienced. They quickly subdued the boy, gagged him and spirited him away across the border.

Eret was sold to a noble family based in Tailengram. They burned his old clothes and would have burned his mask too had he not saved it from their greedy flames. They dressed him in nice clothes and expected Eret to wait on them hand and foot, but Eret was never suited for a life of subservience. It wasn't long before he snapped and attacked his master, beating him until the guards forcibly pulled him off. Throughout the next week Eret's screams would echo throughout the family's manor as he endured relentless torture. Broken and scarred, Eret was branded and sold to the owner of a salt mine.

The back-breaking, soul-crushing work in the mines produced a sort of camaraderie between the slaves there. It was there that he met Grunod, a former barbarian soldier in Malfear's now defeated army. Grunod took an interest in the young man and during the night, after the master drank himself to sleep, the two slaves would often practice combat with whatever tools they had at their disposal. After a few years of this routine, Grunod, Eret and most of the other slaves got together to stage a revolt. They used their numbers to overpower the guards and tie up the master and his family. In a truly barbarous display of rage and anger, they forced the master to watch while they slaughtered his family and hanged him afterwards in a mockery of the Ferronian justice system. It was after this that Grunod and Eret parted ways. Grunod had made plans to liberate more Ferronian slaves and while Eret longed to join him, he had unfinished business with his former master.

Eret slowly made his way back to the manor where he first began life as a slave and what he saw brought him to rage. His prey had forever escaped him, fleeing to the land of death before Eret had the chance to send the noble there himself. He had died in his bed, plump, happy and surrounded by his loved ones. Deprived of the satisfaction of taking his life, Eret sought to take the next best thing: his legacy. That night Eret donned his mask and followed the late noble's son into the city. He finally cornered the man when he went into an alley to urinate. It was at this moment that Eret finally drank his fill of revenge, beating the man senseless until he begged for mercy. As Eret stood menacingly over the man with blade in hand he spoke one last time.

"What is it that you want from me?", the man whimpered through shattered jaw and broken teeth.

Eret tilted his head as if confused by the question, "It's not about what I want... It's about what's fair."

With that said Eret plunged his blade into the man's chest, twisting it until the life fled from his eyes. It was the first time that Eret had killed and would not be the last. Having finished his business in Ferros, Eret concocted a disguise that would allow him to cross the border without trouble. Wanting to put as much distance as possible from his past and especially the country Ferros, Eret finally settled on Valaria. Though the journey was long and arduous, Eret finally arrived in Valaria and hoped that his life would finally be absent of misery.

Traits:
Strength
Stealth II
Agility

Unique Abilities:
I - Shadow Walker: The ability to easily retreat into the shadows and cover his tracks to avoid detection
II - Beast Tamer: The ability to tame as well as calm animals with ease.

Achievements:
N/A

Equipment:
Tribal mask
Tomahawk
Dirk
Traveling Clothes
Trail rations

Motivation: Eret wants to live free with the ability to do as he likes.
[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Eret Baraku, red, solid"]
Name:
Eret Baraku

Nationality:
Kain

Class:
Other

Appearance:

warrior_by_serushins.jpg

Biography:

Eret was born into a nomadic tribe of Kaininites. Their sacred law compelled them to continually move their residence every two months. It was said that if the tribe did not keep moving, they would suffer a terrible calamity and ultimately perish in Kain's harsh, unforgiving deserts. It was this law that would lead Eret to eventually become separated from his family. On the day that the tribe was mandated to leave their home once again, Eret had wandered off into the brush and gotten lost. Though his parents spent every last second they could looking for their son, they too left the area by the time the sun had set and the moon was at its highest in the sky. Eret spent two days alone in the wilderness before he was finally able to locate the tribe's former camping ground, but it was already far too late. All that was left of the tribe he once lived with was a tribal mask, bone pale and painted with ancient symbols, and tracks in the dirt.

Being a quick learner, the young nomad took hold of the mask and used what his father had taught him about hunting and tracking to pursue his tribe to their next home. After the first day, he found slumber beneath the comforting shade of a lone willow tree. He awoke to thunderous rain pouring from the heavens, washing away the tracks and with them the only hope of finding his family. Feeling dejected and occupied by his thoughts, Eret did not notice the Ferronian slavers approaching until they were already upon him. The fight that ensued was quick and brutal, Eret was but a young boy and the two slavers were strong and experienced. They quickly subdued the boy, gagged him and spirited him away across the border.

Eret was sold to a noble family based in Tailengram. They burned his old clothes and would have burned his mask too had he not saved it from their greedy flames. They dressed him in nice clothes and expected Eret to wait on them hand and foot, but Eret was never suited for a life of subservience. It wasn't long before he snapped and attacked his master, beating him until the guards forcibly pulled him off. Throughout the next week Eret's screams would echo throughout the family's manor as he endured relentless torture. Broken and scarred, Eret was branded and sold to the owner of a salt mine.

The back-breaking, soul-crushing work in the mines produced a sort of camaraderie between the slaves there. It was there that he met Grunod, a former barbarian soldier in Malfear's now defeated army. Grunod took an interest in the young man and during the night, after the master drank himself to sleep, the two slaves would often practice combat with whatever tools they had at their disposal. After a few years of this routine, Grunod, Eret and most of the other slaves got together to stage a revolt. They used their numbers to overpower the guards and tie up the master and his family. In a truly barbarous display of rage and anger, they forced the master to watch while they slaughtered his family and hanged him afterwards in a mockery of the Ferronian justice system. It was after this that Grunod and Eret parted ways. Grunod had made plans to liberate more Ferronian slaves and while Eret longed to join him, he had unfinished business with his former master.

Eret slowly made his way back to the manor where he first began life as a slave and what he saw brought him to rage. His prey had forever escaped him, fleeing to the land of death before Eret had the chance to send the noble there himself. He had died in his bed, plump, happy and surrounded by his loved ones. Deprived of the satisfaction of taking his life, Eret sought to take the next best thing: his legacy. That night Eret donned his mask and followed the late noble's son into the city. He finally cornered the man when he went into an alley to urinate. It was at this moment that Eret finally drank his fill of revenge, beating the man senseless until he begged for mercy. As Eret stood menacingly over the man with blade in hand he spoke one last time.

"What is it that you want from me?", the man whimpered through shattered jaw and broken teeth.

Eret tilted his head as if confused by the question, "It's not about what I want... It's about what's fair."

With that said Eret plunged his blade into the man's chest, twisting it until the life fled from his eyes. It was the first time that Eret had killed and would not be the last. Having finished his business in Ferros, Eret concocted a disguise that would allow him to cross the border without trouble. Wanting to put as much distance as possible from his past and especially the country Ferros, Eret finally settled on Valaria. Though the journey was long and arduous, Eret finally arrived in Valaria and hoped that his life would finally be absent of misery.

Traits:
Strength
Stealth II
Agility

Unique Abilities:
I - Shadow Walker: The ability to easily retreat into the shadows and cover his tracks to avoid detection
II - Beast Tamer: The ability to tame as well as calm animals with ease.

Achievements:
N/A

Equipment:
Tribal mask
Tomahawk
Dirk
Traveling Clothes
Trail rations

Motivation: Eret wants to live free with the ability to do as he likes.
[/fieldbox]​
Nice CS. Accepted.

@Avi

Accepted

@Everyone:

I have four accepted CSs' now. When I get off work i'm going to add an accepted characters section. The IC will be going up before the end of the week. As of now all of you will be starting in Valaria. Likely in Vespar, the capital of the rebel kingdom.

Also, @Avi, Alastair is leaving the tower to return home, right? We could say Matthew, @Silverdawn 's character, was your assigned Guardian but since your studies at the Tower has come to a close the two of you traveled to Vespar where Matthew will meet his new partner and where Alastair's 'contract' with the tower will be terminated, allowing you to leave. If we don't have another Mage of the Tower join then I may play Matthew's new assigned mage as a GMNPC.

I'll start thinking up what business Corpse Strider has in Vespar then.

Name: Isla (Eye-la) Starling Blackwater

Nationality: Gorgon

Class: Fugitive (current), Mage (former), Noble (former)

Schools of Magic known: Primary- Necros. Secondary- Puras.

Appearance: Although time and travel have have left her looking somewhat rough around the edges, Isla's Blackwater blood is still recognizable to the keen observer. In addition to her Kainite mother's bronze skin and lean stature, she has several of her House's more defining physical characteristics: freckles, thick, wavy dark hair, and incredibly pale blue-green eyes. To conceal her identity from those who would wish to harm her, Isla usually wears layered scarves and a grey, lightweight cloak. The scarves and layers also serve to hide the many bruises and abrasions that cover her body, which are ugly but healing.

Biography: Born to the second son of Garren's youngest brother, Isla lived the first few years of her life in relative comfort on her family's sprawling estate along the coast of Gorgon. It was discovered early on that Isla possessed natural magical talent, and at the age of seven she was sent to Oslo to begin her training; despite the constant threat of attack by Malfear, the Circle needed a steady supply of new mages, and consequently took on younger students during the war. Isla's father supported his little girl's magical pursuits, since, as the daughter of a second son, her only other opportunity for success was by marrying a rich nobleman or merchant. More importantly, however, he reasoned that Isla would be safer surrounded by mages than she would be in her own war-ridden country.

It was only a year into Isla's training when news of Arminius's betrayal reached Oslo. The young noble was devastated, especially after hearing of her parents' death, though in the following months she took comfort from three things: one, her magic, two, that the mages of the Tower were intent on protecting her from harm, and three, a local boy named Aries who soon took her under his wing. Depressed and emotionally needy, Isla quickly grew attached to the older boy, too lonely to realize his poisonous motives. They spent every moment together outside of her studies, and eventually she came to depend on him for almost everything; though he wasn't a student, the older boy claimed he was self-taught in pyros, and exuded a general air of confidence, knowledge, and power. She asked his advice on her decisions, he approved her new friends, and together they decided on the focus of her studies in her seventh (an additional two years were added to her education to compensate for several hiatuses the Tower was forced to take because of the war) and final year of schooling: necros, the art of necromancy.

Isla was at first uncertain of this decision, having wanted to learn more about puras instead, but Aries insisted that necromancy was an honorable, important field that needed more bright young mages like her to defeat Malfear- "fighting fire with fire," as he would say. There was some truth to this claim: Isla was one of the brightest of her age, and excelled at necros (though her teachers urged her to choose a more natural focus), nearing the end of her final year with honors and even a job opportunity in her secondary focus, puras. Aries, naturally, forced her to turn it down.

Isla completed her education within the year, though was never given the opportunity to join the fight; shortly after her "graduation," Malfear was defeated and the Five Kingdoms began to rebuild themselves. Although the civilized world sighed in relief, life still held plenty of danger for the Blackwaters. Without a war to distract him, Arminius was even more intent on wiping out the only surviving members of the former royal house, and since Isla was no longer under the protection of the Tower (having promised Aries not to pledge her loyalty), she was at risk. With the few surviving Blackwaters in hiding, Isla and Aries, at ages 15 and 18 (respectively), snuck onto a boat for Kain to escape the scope of the usurper King.

The pair settled in a trading city on the coast, hidden well by the port town's sprawling diversity. Aries took a job at a smithy, using his magic to maintain the blacksmith's hot fires. Isla, on the other hand, took odd jobs in purifying the locals of illnesses and weak demons. After several years, the two began to kindle the beginnings of a romantic relationship. They were married by the time Isla reached her twenties, but, as she soon realized, Aries was far from the man she had thought he was.

After having gained full control over his young wife, Aries stopped pretending he "loved" and "cared about her," knowing very well that he could treat her as he pleased without the fear of her leaving. She was completely reliant on his protection and attention; he had conditioned her throughout the years to cater completely to him, to trust only him- and, as an exile, where else could she go? Who else could Isla turn to for a rescue? Unhindered, Aries finally gave up the big charade and confessed to his wife some evil truths about him and the nature of their relationship... And nothing he said could make her leave. Isla Blackwater, once a little noble girl, was trapped in an abusive relationship with nowhere to go for help, and nobody to care about her future.

One day Aries came back to their ramshackle home in an unexplained rage, and it only took Isla dropping his cup of water for him to explode. He almost beat her to death, yelling insults and smashing anything he could get his hands on. He left his 22-year-old wife to bleed out in their tent, and did not return for at least six weeks, which proved long enough for Isla to regain her senses, patch herself up, and leave.

The former-noblewoman is currently fleeing from her dangerous husband, though she is not sure of what she will do or where she wants to end up.

Traits: Agility, Knowledge II, Attunement

Unique Abilities:
Love Me: Even in her current state, the noblewoman has a certain charisma that is difficult to ignore. Generally people tend to gravitate toward Isla, quickly grow attached, and feel the need to serve or protect her. Whether this is an unconscious magical effect or a byproduct of her natural royal blood is not certain.
Sleep Sweetly: Isla is able to put revived souls to "sleep" if her energy is too low to control them; this allows her the advantage of having the soul inactive but readily available for her use. With more mana she can also put live people to sleep; in extreme cases, into a coma (though it requires large amounts of energy to bring them back out).

Achievements: N/a

Equipment: Several colored scarves, a grey lightweight cloak, and other dust-worn clothes; a few small spellbooks, about two days' worth of food, bandages, and a few coins in a small bag; a short, plain dagger, and a silver mirror used as a physical object through which to manifest spells; a chain from which hangs a ring with her family seal, as well as her wedding ring.

Motivation: Above all, Isla wants to be free of her husband and of King Arminius. If possible, she would like to find what family she has left, and live the rest of her life without fear in her own country.

Name: Isla (Eye-la) Starling Blackwater

Nationality: Gorgon

Class: Fugitive (current), Mage (former), Noble (former)

Schools of Magic known: Primary- Necros. Secondary- Puritas.

Appearance: Although time and travel have have left her looking somewhat rough around the edges, Isla's Blackwater blood is still recognizable to the keen observer. In addition to her Kainite mother's bronze skin and lean stature, she has several of her House's more defining physical characteristics: freckles, thick, wavy dark hair, and incredibly pale blue-green eyes. To conceal her identity from those who would wish to harm her, Isla usually wears layered scarves and a grey, lightweight cloak. The scarves and layers also serve to hide the many bruises and abrasions that cover her body, which are ugly but healing.

Biography: Born to the second son of Garren's youngest brother, Isla grew up in relative comfort on her family's sprawling estate along the coast of Gorgon. It was discovered early on that Isla possessed natural magical talent, and after a few years of constant begging and pleading, she was sent to Valeal to begin training in the Ivory Tower at the age of ten. Isla's father supported his little girl's magical pursuits, since, as the daughter of a second son, her
only other opportunity for success was by marrying a rich nobleman or merchant.

While training in the Tower, Isla made fast friends with an older Valealean teen named Aries, who immediately took the younger girl under his wing. Without knowing any better, little Isla fell quickly and completely to Aries's charms, too sheltered to realize his poisonous motives. They spent every moment together outside of her studies, and eventually Isla came to depend on Aries for almost everything; though he wasn't a student, the older boy claimed he was self-taught in pyros, and exuded a general air of confidence, knowledge, and power. She asked his advice on her decisions, he approved her new friends, and together they decided on the focus of her studies in her fifth and final year of schooling: necros, the art of necromancy.

Isla was at first uncertain of this decision, having wanted to learn more about puras instead, but Aries insisted that necromancy was an honorable, important field that need more bright young mages like her. There was some truth to this claim: Isla was one of the brightest of her age, and excelled at necros (though her teachers urged her to choose a more natural focus), nearing the end of her final year with honors and even a job opportunity in her secondary focus, puras. Aries, naturally, forced her to turn it down. However, any plans she had for the future were disturbed when Malfear attacked the Ivory Tower, forcing the young mages -Isla included- to flee to Oslo.

Training was put on hold as the Circle focused their efforts on the war, leaving Isla the other mages to either continue their studies independently, or put what skills they had learned to use against Malfear. Aries refused to allow Isla to join the fight, instead taking those few months to teach her what he knew about Mystos, supplementing her necros-based education with other dark magics. Eventually training for the young mages resumed when the Circle realized that full mages were more useful than half-trained students, and Isla finished her education with flying colors. Finally, she was able to return home as a full mage.

The young noblewoman insisted on bringing Aries back home to meet her family, and he reluctantly complied; at 16 and 19, respectively, the two were just kindling the beginnings of a romantic relationship. Before they had completed the journey to the Blackwater family estate, however, news of Arminius's betrayal reached Valaria. Isla was devastated; she was forced into hiding, unable to return home and under the constant threat of slaughter. Her training was obsolete, since every job she took under her certified name would expose her to Arminius's assassins. With little other choice, she and Aries snuck onto a boat for Kain, where they were immediately married, and laid low in the desert cities for six years.

Those six years were some of the most miserable of Isla's life. She learned some disgusting, shocking truths about Aries, but found herself unable to leave him, reliant on his protection and attention. With Isla under his full control, Aries dropped his caring exterior and began to abuse her; she was just a pawn to him, valuable only for her noble blood and necromancing talent. She took odd jobs around the desert purifying Kainites of illnesses and weak demons, making small change for Aries to spend as he pleased. How had her life turned into this?, she would wonder as she nursed the bruises and cuts her husband had left, praying to Manos and Euros that he would die. How had she come to such misery?

One day Aries came back to their ramshackle home in an unexplained rage, and it only took Isla dropping his cup of water for him to explode. He almost beat her to death, yelling insults and smashing anything he could get his hands on. He left his 22-year-old wife to bleed out in their tent, and did not return for at least six weeks, which proved long enough for Isla to regain her senses, patch herself up, and leave.

The former-noblewoman is currently fleeing from her mysterious and dangerous husband, though she is not sure of what she will do or where she wants to end up.

Traits:

Unique Abilities:

Achievements:

Equipment:

Motivation:

WIP. I kind of guessed on the timeline of recent events, and the age requirement of the Ivory Tower. If I need to change anything, I have a few alternative ideas up my sleeve.

Change your school of magic from puritas to Puras. In your bio you say Manos and Euros, but it is Meros and Euros. As far as the timeline goes, there are a few things off but it's not your fault, I didn't provide the information.

24 years ago marks when Malfears is chased out of the tower for practicing Necromancy.

He spends about five years in the untamed north before marching on the Tower. So your character would've been 4 when Malfear attacked the tower.

Then after the fall of the tower Valeal goes to war with Malfear and that lasts two years before Gorgon joins. Then, another two years after that, the blackwaters are betrayed. So your character would've been 8 when your family was betrayed.

After the Gorgon forces withdraw, Malfear ravages Ferros for about 7 years before he is finally defeated. So your character was 15 when Malfear's War ended.

The ideas behind your bio are fine, but the timeline needs some tweeking.

Reactions: girlabot
So the reason that the Corpse Strider is in Vespar is because the nobles have recruited assassins to try and recapture the city. Sound OK?

Ah, excuse me! Careless mistakes, and fixed. I'll edit the timeline/finish the bio before tomorrow.

Finished! And I have a question: to what extent can mages work magics other than their primary/secondary?

Status
Not open for further replies.