A Civil War of Their Own

Ben nodded his head slowly, and gazed at Saige wondering how he could voice his question aloud. He blinked his dark green eyes and spoke, his voice slightly husky.
"I've been wondering this a long time...I mean I know both of the planets people have one birth mark upon them that symbolizes something about them, but I was told that only Mesmordian's have blue birthmarks, and that Herithae have red birth marks.." He paused for a moment, letting her think and go over the first information.
"I have a blue star, and I need to know, since you are mesmordian, do you have a blue birth mark as well?" he bit his lip and leaned back to look at her with his dark green eyes, and then he spoke once more.
"My sister has a red flame on the back of her neck..." He told her and then waited for her to finally speak.

She glared at Jak and stared into his eyes. There was something familiar about them...they had the same soft look like her brother. She shook her head and then spit some more blood onto the dirt. She needed to know something before she was taken away by these brutes, she needed to talk to Jak. She cleared her throat and spoke.
"I need to know, when were you born? I want to know why you have the same soft eyes as my brother, and do you have a blue star on your shoulder?" She asked urgently and hoped the men wouldn't take her away until she had her questions answered. It must seem odd her asking a;; these questions to Jak, but she needed to know.

What if her brother was his brother instead? It couldn't be though...but that look in his eyes! It was just like the one Benjamin had. Odette had heard from a story a while ago that Jak had a sister. Another thing was that she had heard rumors as she had visited the hospital back home, that.. two children were switched in the hospital at the day Odette and Benjamin were born.

Odette's head was spinning, and she blinked real hard to try to clear it. She looked at Jak and hoped that it was all just a mistake..

Lifting a finger as if to interject something to the conversation, she stopped gave him a look as if he had two heads and inched a bit away. "I think you're not entitled to an answer," she gave him a look over before she would raise her brow to him speaking about Odette having a red mark on her neck.

Rather than answering him, she put her hands into fists and placed them firmly on each of her hips;
"Now I think you are asking things that are a wee bit personal," she shook her finger at him; "And I don't think I ought to go about sprouting off what birthmark I have or don't." leaning back giving him a snide look through the corner of her eye; "Not much of a gentleman you are, next thing I know you'll be asking for women's breast sizes and how they compare to your women around here."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stopping in the cold dirt as he heard her asking for his answer, Jak peered over his shoulder looking her over casually before he twisted his lips.
"Now I think you are assuming that you get a right to ask such questions Odette; you are an enemy of Mesmordian's and I won't be doing any favours in answering your question."

Kale smirked somewhat to him though he found her asking such a question to be rather, well pitiful. What did she hope to gather with that.

Men stooped after they bound her to pick her up against her will as Kale turned somewhat to watch Jak and Katie walk out of sight before he let his steely gaze go to that of her.
"How did you know that Jak has a blue star on his shoulder?" He gave little worry to answering her, rather he wanted to know how she knew that.

Like each person, the birthmarks on their bodies were as unique as the person themselves. Almost like a family branding on each body, as he stopped with a wild grin spreading on his face figuring it all out. Stabbing a finger to that of the lifted woman; Kale laughed right out loud;
"Well son of a bitch, that little bastard in their that you claim is your brother is actually a Mesmordian! And you have mesmordian blood all over your hands Odette, hell you might have been the one who actually killed his father!" he leaned in sneering; "Especially if I am understand what you are getting at, that Jak and that whelp are really brethren."

He chuckled as he made eye contact with the men as if to tell them to keep their lips sealed about this entire matter.
"What a nice way to break little Saige's heart." he winked; "She's already lost her adoptive parents in the war, why not her second only living 'family' as well." rubbing his fingers over the five o'clock shadow on his face, he began to lead the way; "Always finding a way to break people apart eh Odette, especially since it's clear that your brother doesn't know either."

Ben blushed deeply at Saige's last comment, and he grinned sheepishly at her.
"Sorry miss, I didn't mean to offend. I was just curious is all." He told her and shuffled uncomfortably in his restraints and wiggled as much as possible to get at least a bit more comfortable. He sighed and looked out the only window that was in the cold and dusty room. He saw people working and scrambling about, but it meant nothing to him. He thought of things to ask the woman, that wouldn't offend her, and finally he spoke.
"So, what is Mesmordia like? I've never been there, and I don't think I ever will if this war keeps on." He told her and a sad look spread across his face. He shook his head and he set his dark green gaze towards her and waited for a response.

Odette's eyes grew wide as the brute figured it all out. She hung her head in shame as they carried her to some place, she knew not of where. She couldn't speak anymore, she was wore out, and her energy was drained. She was caught, and her brother was trapped away somewhere. But, he wasn't really her brother now was he? She sighed and bit her lip, chewing on it in frustration. What could she do? Who were her parents? Who was Benjamin's parents? Odette's head was aching and Odette herself was hurt and even more confused. How could she be so stupid in letting herself and Katie be the only one's going on this mission? She knew that Katie was up to no good when she saw her on the phone at the edge of the camp, talking in hushed voices. Odette sighed once more and looked up to see where they were taking her. It wasn't much longer when they arrived at their own camp. She watched Kale and the men walk in with a triumphant step, and the other cadets and such were cheering and waving them on as they noticed who was in their arms. Odette kept her chin up and stared down everyone who looked at her with a fierce gaze. Even though it seemed like the worst had happened, she would not let others see her weak.

Rubbing her palms together to keep the nip away, she gave him a stern look over. "I don't know how you all operate over here in this ice land, but back at home a gentleman knows what to ask a lady unless he is a secret pervert." she waggled a finger watching shuffling in his restraints which produced a deeper frown on her lips.

Granted she was not enjoying the sight of him being leashed like a dog but she knew that she was on the opposing side of this war.

If her ears could perk they would have while at first she was wondering to his newest question. And she had half a mind to accuse him of trying to learn things about her home from her and she was not stupid enough to dish out any information about it. But seeing the sincere sorrow that spread on his face her defensive nature to the moment ceased lightly.

Rather she again rubbed her hands furiously before blowing on them as she tipped her head with a light hearted giggle;
"Well it's a might bit warmer than here, but that might be me. I've never been to cold places; it's pretty in my eyes. Where I'm from, jungle spans from as far as the eye can see, and most of my home is open to the elements, beside the kitchen and bedrooms." she stopped to look at him as she finally put her gun in its holster at her hip; "Why do you ask... what is your name? I don't it would be mighty fair of me to call you anything else and well that's not how I raised even if you are a prisoner of war now."

~*~*~*~*~*~
He was certainly that, a brute through and through but this brute had brains, part of the reason he was as skilled as he was for his home world. And with how promptly she clamped up, it was evident that he had uncovered it all.

It left a smug smirk on his features as he trudged through the camp receiving hoots and hollers for the captive of this beast of a woman.

As they made through the camp, Jak and Katie had gone elsewhere - where he didn't know or care to the moment- as Jak was again never alone. Having one of the heads of their operation unguarded was stupid.

Lifting a hand Kale grinned brightly; "Call the medic, let's sew a mesmordian stitch into the defanged viper!" As they encroached into the same building that Saige and Ben were currently occupying. Saluting to him, Kale pointed towards the room that Ben was in as he was more than pleased to through him his savior.

Slamming open the door, the men threw her right in bound to the floor before Ben's feet causing Saige to yelp as leap back, gun draw to point at him. Murderous glint faded quickly as Saige's eyes fell to that of the bleeding woman.
"She's bleeding!" she pointed the obvious out; "Kale."

"Oh peaches she was hurt by someone other than me, she wouldn't be entitled to her life if I planted my blade into her cocky mouth." he raised a brow looking to that of Ben; "Looks like you were right piglet, she came for you but what did you say about her saving you?" he scoffed as he reached down to grab the ball of the knot that was tied around her arms, as Saige looked rather disgusted to it all. Pulling her up to sit properly beside that of her brother - though Odette didn't get a chair- Kale motioned for the men to stand guard on the outside, "The medic should be here shortly."

Again, Saige seemed to pounce on the situation in a different was as she scooped of the other blanket in the room coming around the backside of Odette being cautious, as she knelt down.
"This is a horrible way to treat anyone Kale, even if they are prisoner's of war." she spat through a hushed tone as she carefully draped the blanket to that of Odette's shoulders, "She's bleeding terribly and you are throwing her around like a rag doll, even if you don't have an ounce of compassion in your gut doesn't mean I don't." she muttered off before brushing her hair back out of her face. "Where's Jak?"

"Getting information from the mole," Kale responded lazily; before he clapped his hands. "Actually I just found out some very interesting news from our invited guest here," he opened a hand to indicate to that of Odette, "Saige I bet you would love to hear it, has to do with Jak you know. You're only living relative," Saige lowered her brow to him, "Sorry I meant to say your last living body who took you in, should I tell it or let Odette tell you? It will change your life Saige."

"I think I like you better when you aren't talking." Saige plopped herself down on the floor pulling her knees up into her chest trying to keep her body heat.

"Ah hell I'll give Odette the honor, what says you Odette? Would you oblige my dear sweet girl here your story, I am sure your brother would like to know too."

Ben began to speak, but he heard loud noises coming from the hall and soon the brute that captured him earlier was in the room throwing a girl into the room as well. He raised an eyebrow and then his eyes widened with shock at who it was.
"Odette?!" He cried out and listened to the man as he spoke to Saige and as he spoke to Odette. How could this of happened? His own sister, she was here and tied up? Benjamin wanted to cry, scream, do anything besides sit there with his mouth hanging open. He shut it quickly and his eyes were moving back and forth from each person in the room. He watched Odette bite her lip and have a sad worn out look creep upon her face. What was it she had to tell them?

Odette sighed and bit her lip, she didn't want to express the terrible news this way. How in the world was she suppose to tell them that Saige was actually her sister, and Benjamin was Jak's brother? Tears threatened to overwhelm her and she began to speak slowly.
"Well...as you know, Ben, you aren't really my brother, but we never really adopted you actually..I mean, in the hospital where we were born, the nurse made a huge mistake...They switched you with my real sibling, and switched my real sibling with you. I don't know why they did it or how, but it happened..Saige, this girl here, she's my real sister. Her "brother" is your brother. His name is Jak." She had nothing more to say and hung her head in shame. She searched Ben's eyes for anything, any kind of emotion.

Ben couldn't believe this. He knew Odette wasn't his real sister, but he had a real brother?! Ben's head was swimming and he bit his lip, trying not to cry out in anguish. He wanted to see his brother at this moment, and he wanted to see if this was true, who else knew about this? As he thought it, his mouth voiced it aloud.
"Who else knows about this Odette?! He practically screamed at her. She cowered back and spoke.
"I don't know really, You, and Saige, I'm not sure about Jak." She told him and hung her head. She looked to her real sister and bit her lip, wondering if she was going to say anything to her.

He was actually a little surprised to see Odette willing give into his goading though it only proved how futile she really was when she had been captured. Either way, it stroked his ego with vigor.

Especially when the boy who had been the first of the captives yelled at the woman who seemed to have lost more than most would in a night. But in the end, he found himself turning a look to that of Saige as the woman had been listening intently beside having her face hidden behind her bangs.

She would lift her face only when her name was mentioned figuring that Odette was giving her a bit of a look, her cheeks red with frustration,
"Actually Odette that would have been you only that knew about this." her tone was frighteningly calm, eerie actually causing him to rest a hand to that of his hilt. "I'll never accept this as long as I live, you have slaughtered hundreds of people that graced the place I was raised on, be the fact that I was born an Herithaen, I was raised Mesmordian. The first people who brought me home, had no relation to that of Jak." she let a softer sorrowful smile touch her lips; "I've already been robbed of one family and now you are trying to tell me that Jak; the brother I've known since I could walk is nothing but a stranger to me, well you're wrong. Just like you are wrong about Ben not being your brother in the same sense, you grew up with him as I did with Jak. I will never accept your words Odette even if they are the truth. As far as I am concerned, Jak is my sibling." she pushed her hands to the floor getting herself to stand. She really had no temperament to lash out with, rather she held her smile before she moved to that of Ben.

"What are you doing?" Kale gave a warning tone.

"Well if he is Mesmordian, then it's not right for us to keep him now is it?"

"Not your call,"

She shrugged,
"Yeah well, I doubt you'd kill him now. Your all about Mesmordian loyalty," she fiddled with the nylon rope until it gave way releasing his wrists as she moved around to walk up to Kale, as she held out her wrists together. "I'll always be mesmordian by trait but by blood, I am now your newest prisoner of war."

Blinking rapidly, the knock at the door came to echo in his ears as he frowned furiously. Lips opened in a moment to say something before he scowled suddenly and gave her a firm nod. Granted they didn't see eye to eye but this was anything what he was expecting, then again- when you looked down to the flats of her wrists it stood out loud and proud. The red flame on the inside of her left wrist, the birthmark of the enemy.
"Fine." he muttered as she looked down somewhat when he reached forward to remove her weaponry from her belt. Tucking against the inside of his own belt, Kale reached stepped around her to retrieve the nylon rope as she followed willingly, as he bound her wrists.

The knock came again as he yelled at them to come in, as the medic poked her head in.
"Took you damn well long enough, get her stitched up." he snapped as Saige pulled at the rope around her wrists and sat down on the floor, her back facing them all.

His gaze snapped to that of Ben as he reached forward to grab his collar,
"You're coming with me, shall we go met your big brother?" he shoved him forward not daring to really treat him differently; "Keep an eye on the girls Medic, no fuck ups."

Nodding feverishly to him, the woman spoke gently to that of Odette saying that she would have to touch her to sew up the wound again.

"Get your ass moving kid," he gave him another shove towards the door, "Jak's going to love this."

Ben just watched silently as Saige untied him, and in return; tied herself up. He sighed and was about to speak when he was roughly grabbed by the collar by the brute of a man called Kale. He scowled a bit and stumbled out of the door, and started walking down the long hallway. He had no idea where he was going, but at the second in time, he didn't care. Everything was so confusing to him, and he was just depressed really. He finally lifted his head up and paused in his step, waiting for Kale to come and tell him if he was going the right way or not. Ben slowly swallowed and took a deep breath. He would finally meet his real sibling. Would his sibling, care for him at all?

Odette winced a bit as the woman sewed up her lacerations. She licked the dried blood that was crusted on her lower lip, and blinked slowly. Why did she tell them? She might as well have just dropped a bomb in their homes for christ sakes! Odette hissed a bit at the pain, and the medic apologized. She muttered "it's alright" and hung her head, her jet black hair making a curtain around her face. The tears finally falling from her eyes, dripping and pouring down her face. She heaved a heavy sob and shook her head to try to shake off the lingering tear drops.

She glanced up at her sister and bit her lip, almost reopening that little cut. She rolled her eyes a bit, and then her face had a soft and pleading look upon it as she gazed at the back of her true sister. She wanted to make everything better, and make sure that her sister, and her "brother" loved her. She sighed and was thinking of a way to talk to Saige, when it hit her.
"Saige, I know you probably, hate me for what I told you, but if you'd like, I have a picture of our real parents in my cargo pants pocket. Maybe if you'd like to see it, the medic could retrieve it? Please..." She begged at the end, her voice cracking with grief. She sighed and waited for some type of response from her sister, if she'd get any at all.

Sitting on the cold floor rethinking everything that had suddenly been announced and her own actions, the furry of emotions that ran through her were wild and unrelenting but none seemed to be fitting to her at the moment. She was never one who could hold a grudge to anyone, hell she usually only stayed mad for a couple minutes at the worst of people. Life was already too short to be annoyed at people, there was no point in doing it now.

Exhaling heavily as she was listening to the medic patching up Odette and telling her to take it easy otherwise it could open again. Again? Clearly Odette had been injured prior coming into the camp looking for Ben, made one wonder.

Patting the jet haired woman gently with a soft comforting word, the medic excused herself out the room leaving them in a momentarily silence that was really uncomfortable. Like the elephant in the room had just invited a few friends over.

Keeping her back facing that of Odette, if it was possible for her; her ears perked to Odette speaking. Parents... her parents... the real ones? That had been a real wonder that lingered in her thoughts since she was little, she had known from the very start that she was an adopt. Granted the whole not a mesmordian was news to her, she knew that her true parents were no where in sight. She had lived with a couple in her early years... or was that a foster home? She didn't really recall at least not until she had been taken into the care of ma and dad... or should she be thinking Ben and Jak's parents? Shaking her head some she smiled sadly to herself, they would always be her family. They had raised her, loved her, housed her, gave her an education and gave her the memories she still carried with her. But then again that was the same thing for Ben.

He had been raised with Odette, had the same things she did and yet now everything seemed foreign. Like it was never really true and now she had been rudely awakened into the war zone of the ages.

Having her hands tied behind her back from Kale, she began to shuffle uncomfortably - trying to snake her hands underneath her rear to bring them forward, as she stumbled once or twice nearly falling flat on her face. She never cursed about it, rather she kept going until she finally succeeded in bringing her hands up to her face. Fingers ached as she stretched them to the knot, as they pulled and she bit on the knot with her teeth to pull it apart. Eventually the nylon rope fell to the ground allowing her to rub her wrists, her deep blue eyes looking over through the cut of her strawberry hair to that of Odette.

"Can't say I hate you Odette." she spoke honestly, any tone of disbelief was no were present in her ginger voice, "I don't even know you from other than the stories, truths and rumours that have been swirled around this camp and the recollections of men on the field going against you." she slide her rear across the floor to pull up the blanket on the woman's shoulders before as she leaned her chin on her own knees while keeping the tranquil light smile on her lips. "If anything, I am confused in sorts and in others not so much. But concerning the picture, I don't really want to see it. I've gone through my life wondering who my parents were but all the time I had my family. Even if they weren't mine through blood, they still took me in and raised me as one of their own."

She lifted her chin letting her eyes touch that of Odette's,
"Those are Ben's parents and he has the right to them. They raised him and you, you two are siblings. Blood does not define family, be it red purple or pink." she giggled lightly, "And you don't even know me either right? Its hard to hear Odette for me, but in my mind Jak is still my brother. I've been through thick and thin with him, losing his mom at our younger ages and watching our dad die on the front lines of this war when it all started. We've been through poverty and still live in it at home-" Saige brushed past her hair, "Plus you love Ben right? Would you want him to trade lives with me? And think about it Odette, how much blood of mesmordian life do you have on your hands, is it not difficult to think that I was raised as one while your brother was one?"

she had to ask, she wanted to know really.
"Sorry if I am asking silly questions but well... I feel like I have the right to know. And what would your parents think if you suddenly came home with a sister than your brother?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Tucking Vision back into its resting place on his back, Kale lifted his brow to that of Ben when he would stop though it didn't take much to realize that he was wondering which way to go. Lifting a hand to point towards the end of the compound to the one tent that had a pair of men standing guard, he brushed shoulders by Ben to keep moving.

There were many gazes being tossed at them as they walked across the compound until Kale dared to shove his way pass one of the men standing guard. Exchanging a strong stare down for a moment, Kale laughed as he reached to grab the man's collar - gripping it tight- and gave him a firm shove backwards sending his sorry ass sprawling over on the ground. That was enough for the second to salute to him and allow them access.

Brutish force was his way and it honestly got him everywhere. At least that was how he seen it.

"Jak, I'm home," Kale bellowed out brushing aside the tent flap seeing the tall man peering downwards to the map of the war zone on the table. His bunk was off to the side while the second one was on the opposite wall - Saige's. That look and thought alone caused Kale to swallow hard knowing that he might be facing down with Jak sooner than he ever thought.

The low lamp light created a calming scene through the tent, though the familiar eyes of blue that lifted up from under his brows - the dark grizzled shadow on his face accenting how deep he suddenly frowned seeing who was trailing behind himself. Jak was built like a brick shit house and he was worried that he was about to feel the pressure of said house.

Straightening his back and squaring off his shoulders, Jak's usual calm composure became murderous;
"What in the sam hell is he doing up and about? Where's Saige!" That was not a question that was a demand, as Kale rubbed a hand to his neck.

"Seems Odette comes with more than just a pretty prize on her head." Kale moved around to grab Ben by the cuff of his shoulder and shoved him towards that of Jak, allowing the man's nasty look to move to the other boy. "He wanted to met his big brother."

Looking between them, Jak's jaw rocked as he was grinding his teeth before he cuffed a hand out with a muttering of curse words, his back turned for a brief moment and turned back.
"Where's Saige?" he asked again.

"Knowing her, escaping her ropes." Kale figured she would though the rage that flashed through Jak's eyes made him even more uneasy. "Oh keep your pants on, you know she won't go anywhere without talking to you first Jak."

His nose wrinkled before he consented to that truthful fact, his boots dragged against the floor to rest against the table, his arms circling over the broad girth of his chest, letting the penetrating gaze move to that of Ben.
"What's tumbling around in yah mind their boy?" he motioned with a hand to Kale to stand guard at the door which he did with gusto. No use in getting Jak any more pissed off at him if it was possible. "I can see you are confused about this all."

Odette listened to all that her sister had to say. She thought for a moment, she wanted Ben to be happy, and she wanted Saige to be happy as well. Couldn't there be some solution to have them, all happy and maybe together? Then it hit Odette, it was a crazy idea, but it was worth a shot to at least bring it up to her sister. She bit her lip, and spoke.
"I have an idea, I know it's crazy, and it's not really planned out at all..but I love Ben, and I love you, and you love Jak as a family. Maybe, we could all live together one day..?" She looked honestly serious as she gazed into Saige's eyes. It wasn't a very bad idea, but she would have to work out the kinks if it was ever to be a real possibility in the future. Odette waited for her sister to comment on her insane idea. But it would all make them happy, wouldn't it?

Ben furrowed his eyebrows together, and gazed at his brother. He bit his lip and shrugged softly. He had no idea what to say or even if it would matter in the long run. He peered into his brother's eyes with his own dark green ones.
"Well, are you really my brother? I mean...we kind of look alike.." He bit his lip again and rubbed at his wrists. He was a bit cold, but he was use to the weather. He really had no clue what to say to this man before him. He had just met his seemingly big brother, and he was speechless at the most. He shuffled his feet and ran his fingers through his short brown hair.

Ben looked about the tent and wondered if this was all getting out of hand. The war...this secret...everything. He sighed and took a small step toward Jak, and spoke again.
"What is your opinion of this? I mean the war, and my sister, and your sister, and everything.."​ he was actually very curious to the fact of what was going on inside his brother's brain.

Well there'd be no way she could fault Odette for wanting Ben to be happy, he had the right as did Odette herself. But watching her carefully, Saige's brow would lift with a quirk to show that she was listening before she bit down on her lip with a puff of air, flopping right over backwards laughing hysterically, gasping to get her breath. It really wasn't all that funny but it was to her.

The sheer idea that this woman who was deemed a murderous legend with the people she grew up with spoke that she had loved her and suggested such a ludicrous idea had her bursting at the seams.

Her eyes welled up with tears until she was flat on her stomach attempting to reign in her giggles,
"I'm sorry," she was still laughing, rubbing the palm of her hands into her eyes, "I'm sorry oh that was worth a good laugh." She sat up to turn right around only to plant her hands flat to her chest; "I love me you don't even know me Odette! And this plan coming from the woman who was said to be grinning from ear to ear with every life she has taken, pardon me for being a little more than skeptical to all what you just said. We are at war, and you have been on the front lines waving that fire mace of yours around like a proud flag of war!"

Rubbing her fingers to her brow, she shook her head.
"What your suggesting is stopping the war in general Odette and I find that hard to believe coming from you. Perhaps if you didn't have so much blood on your hands, it would be easier to believe, but it wouldn't be so simple to stop a war." her eyes opened with a hard jaded look; "What makes you think that I would want a part of your life anyways?" she dared that question; "As I've stated, I don't know you and you don't know me. We could very well hate each other from the little quirks we all got. So how can I really trust you?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

He pointed a finger to him,
"Well yah gots a blue star on yer shoulder, right?" Jak shrugged it off as he tapped towards his own shoulder, "Birth marks are what define us cowboy, and I know from plenty of years of looking and seeing my own body, that very mark rests right here." he tapped again to his own shoulder, he stood up to move around to the smaller table that held the coffee pot as he poured the remaining hot liquid into the grey tin, "Here, it'll warm yah up." he walked around to hold it out to Ben, "Cream and sugar yah'll have to go without, we don't get those sort of luxuries, but I doubt yer'd be sleeping well after this anyways."

Kale smirked to that,
"Oh sure get the kid all hyped up so he'll never shuddup with all the questions once he get's going."

"Don't yah have some poor defenceless animal to chase around the compound, Kale?" Jak raised his brow, while it sure sounded like a joke, it was a dismissal.

"As you wish your majesty." Giving an over dramatic bow from his waist, Kale stepped backwards through the door as Jak was left rubbing the back of his neck and shaking his head. His gaze would only shift upwards from the floor when he seen that Ben was taking a step towards him.

"My opinion? Well yah certainly bring up a lot of past thoughts to the surface again Ben. I know that Ma was heartbroken when they nurses had told her that her baby had been stolen, but she never made a fuss about it... not that I was allowed to see. And to face it Ben, you have the same eyes she did." he smiled gently almost sadly; before the steely look over took his gaze again.

"As for the war, it's utter bullshit. One planet attempting to take the over for more rights and lands, bullshit." he lifted a finger as if to count them off, "Odette, I won't sugar coat it for yah, she's a monster that has taken more lives of good men and women without a thought that I could see. But that goes both ways, her and myself are both military mules that have followed orders while attempting to help our side win this useless battle. But," he shook his finger, "I have good sources that say she was the one who killed our father Ben. That's a whole other nail in the coffin for her, but now... if she really is Saige's honest monster of a sibling, I can't in a right mind go stringing her up by her ankles, now can I?"

The third finger rose to indicate the final topic he had asked; Saige.
"Finally, I ain't got no problem accepting yah as my kin, Ben. If I did, yer feet wouldn't be standing inside my tent as of this moment, but Saige..." he stopped abruptly seeming to be lost in his own words, conflicted in a way. "I've been with Saige from a young age, granted, I've always known she ain't my blood.. and there are times where I wished she wasn't remotely my sister in ways, but that is just that. She's all that I had left of the life back at home." he opened an gesturing hand, "Just like I reckon yah and Odette have memories that have brought a bond with the two of you's, it's hard just to push that all aside. I'd protect Saige with my life, but at the very same time I find myself conflicted with being presented with yah. My living kin by blood and that puts a rivet between Saige and myself... I suppose it all comes down more so to what yah wanna do Ben? I ain't guna go about now saying by all rights yah are to be back on mesmordian lands, but I give yah that choice, just like I'll give Saige the same. I ain't no undiplomatic man, I believe everyone has the right to choice what they want for themselves."

He brushed his red hair back before it slipped down to rub on the grizzled shadow on his face, "My mind is nothing more than a twister in a trailer park now, caught up with so many things and wondering what would be the right course of action."

Odette sighed, and softly bit her lip, wondering what she could say or do to prove to Saige that she was speaking the truth, that her own sister could trust her. But she came up with nothing.
"I don't know, Saige. But I want to prove it to you anyway I can. I may have killed people in the past, but I'm not a stone hearted killer, really. I just was told orders, and followed them out, just like my captain had planned me to do. I'm a loyal person, I was told lies though.." She told her, and she rubbed her shoulder slightly, and let her jet black hair fall like a curtain on her face. She had no idea what to do, the war couldn't be stopped, could it? Odette looked up with her dark brown eyes at her kin and waited for answers.

Ben bit his lip. So much weighed upon him at that moment. It was ultimately his decision to what happened with him and his brother. So many thoughts ran through Ben's head and he wondered which one to speak aloud.
"Well, I..I just want to be with my kin. With you, and with Odette. I just...I don't want any of us to be torn apart..Why can't this war just be over with?" He scowled, mainly at himself, and ran a hand through his short brown hair.

He looked at his brother, and bit his soft pink lip. He was clueless to what he had to do, he just wanted the war to end, and he wanted to be with his brother and his sister. Even though she wasn't his real sister. He huffed and sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. So many things were in the way of him getting what he wanted...

She was set to start giving her the cold shoulder with how crazy her ideas were coming. She was deeply disturbed to the mere idea that this older woman was so willing to throw out the mere word that she loved her, and she had no idea who Odette was or vice versa. It bothered her, though she was taught not to judge a book by its cover, it was proving difficult.

Crossing her arms over one another as the deep blue jewels peered off through the room, her jaw working slightly before she would stop, think and then look back to Odette looking up at her through the curtain of her hair.

"I understand taking orders, but didn't you feel entirely wrong for taking others lives? Had you ever thought about what families they had back at home? Mothers, daughters, fathers, son, babies orphaned! Odette you can't just tell me that you took orders and expect me to be suddenly okay with all this."
she slapped a hand to her chest, "I've been living on this side of the fence and I've seen those pains just like I am certain you have when people from this side killed yours."

Hands clenched as she tapped them vigorsly to the side of her temples, "This war is insanity and yet it is like a rock rolling down a steep mountain with nothing in its path. Neither side is going to stop under the other gives up or is completely destroyed!" she bellowed before she exhaled heavily, "I'm sorry that I am being so difficult Odette, but everything has just been spilt to the floor and somehow I am suppose to just take it all in."

Flicking the blond curls from her face, she pursed her lips - "I don't have any answers for any of this. All I know is what I have grown up with and now it's all going to be ripped away," she opened her palm towards Odette, "Like seriously Odette, do you think that our parents would be excited to know that their second daughter has sudden returned and was raised by the people they have believed were fighting against them with the same gusto." she stopped before she puffed out her bottom lip, "I guess over all I am just confused to it all. Why now and why here for it all to come out? Is this seriously what you thought you'd be doing today?" she began to laugh, "Right now I should be back in the tent with Jak, arguing with him that he can't use the heater for a stove while he throws his pillow at me! I... just want everything to be calm and at peace... and honestly I can't see you in the stead of Jak. I don't really want to hurt you Odette but... I don't want you in my life either." she spoke softly, "I want to go home to where I know and live out what I had before this stupid war started."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rubbing the scruff on his face listening to Ben speak his thoughts, he could understand completely but then again it was never that simple.

"It's hard not to want this torn apart when it already has." he pointed out before moving around the table to scuffle some of his papers off before he offered out a seat to Ben if he wanted, as he sat down on the edge of the first cot in the tent. "This entire thing went from something that was just a war to now involving two families that have been torn apart." he shrugged some as hands clasped between his knees, "If I knew of a way to end this war Ben, I'd do it in a heart beat even if it meant I didn't come back. The poverty it has brought is just one facet I have been forced to watch and all the lives taken from both sides, its a lot to bare. We are nothing more than pawns for the governments and until someone takes a stand against them both, we are stuck in this gridlock of flesh and blood."

"Well perhaps..." he clapped his hands together, "We shouldn't be speaking about this with just ourselves?" he raised a brow, "Think we ought to include the other half of this issue, the lasses who I can imagine are having just as difficult time as we are." Jak offered as he stood again to motion towards the door. "I'd rather have all four of the pieces to this puzzle speaking rather than two, what say's yah Ben?"